Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Take 'calculated Risks' And Don’t Just Be A 'risk Taker' - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Take 'calculated Risks' And Don’t Just Be A 'risk Taker' (1196 Views)

Towns Where Banks Don’t Open Except Customers See Armoured Tanks / Investment Partnership Needed For Business With Low Risks And High R.O.I / Investment Partnership Needed For Business With Low Risks And High R.O.I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Take 'calculated Risks' And Don’t Just Be A 'risk Taker' by henryarm(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2007
Hi Guys,

Overtime now, I have had the huge pleasure of going through every single post and replies made in relation to the on-going NYIP sinister; the ‘Wonder Banks’.

Personally, I agree with a lot of various statements that had been made in here, however I would love to make a ‘clear’ comment.

I have made investigative research on these so called ‘money doublers’ and I discovered that they use trading FOREX, trading commodities, trading goods and services as a huge pretext to hide the ill businesses that they are truly into. I found out that these guys are into illegal trading and activities.
I know most people ; especially those who have already given their money into this risk roller coaster , will feel regardless of the ingenuinity of their source of profit, however I must state this, How can a true Business man ‘invest’ in a supposing business in which he doesn’t participate in any active business process nor is given any form of security to make a truly risk-profiting interest. To me it's STUPID, GREED-BLINDING, SELFISH.

If you ask yourself this question, Why is it that anybody would put his money into this scam? The first thing that comes into the mind is the thought of making huge money only after a very short period of time without having to sweat for it. This also acknowledges the reasoning of a lazy, non-critical reasoning, unethical, and a wasteful business mind.
I was thought from a very early age that Free money goes freely. How can money gained with no achieved-fulfillment syndrome attached to it be useful for any course, either for re-investment or for needs satisfaction.

I love risk taking, however I am a huge fan of taking Calculated risks.
Logically, a decision under reasoning consideration might not make sense looking from every facets however it must be backed up with a focus.

Using only the huge profit gained after investing in some business as your only focus for making your decision of going into that business is very weak. Weak and Poor Decision.

In order to take Risk in business, U must have a very strong decision to take that Risk and when such a risk is taken it's called a calculated Risk.
It doesn’t means that you will always be successful when u take calculated risks in Business; it only states that your chances of making profit is enhanced to an efficiency, and even when u fail u don’t lose everything.

Many people define risk, so many people have defined risk, yet it baffles me that still, many more needs to know how to maximize risks.

It is a big risk to jump out of a bridge into the ocean without a floater or skills of swimming
It is a tremendous risk to jump out of an airplane without a parachute.
It is even a risk to travel by air.

However, what makes successful people strive awesomely in this risky life is their ability to make strong decisions and to gain from them. Either a shot and a gain or a shot and a loss, we never truly ‘lose’.

Hind mostly, I will like to discourage potentially subscribers to this deploy to flush out the thought of sowing seeds in a bare desert. It’s baseless and has no foundation so why be foolish to build on it in the name of taking risk or try your luck.
Luck doesn’t exist anywhere not even in Mars.

I don’t want to freak out nor scare anyone who has already given their God blessed money to this sinister, but to let them know that whether they gain or lose from this scam at a moment, they are truly losing. Think wisely and Take Calculated risks.

Love you all!

M.H.O

1 Like

Re: Take 'calculated Risks' And Don’t Just Be A 'risk Taker' by babaife(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2007
this is the best topic i have read on nairaland. pal you did a good job. many of us feel that what is important in any decision making is the "rate of returns". we goofed. i was thought that the higher your return the higher your risks and vice versa. these "money doublers" promised you heaven on earth with their enticing and "unignorable" returns, but they never told you your right should they default.

a pal of mine brought two of those forms to me to consult for him and advice him whether to invest in them or not. after critical evaluation of the so called investment, i realized the high level of risk. i informed him of the high risk level associated with the investment but allow him to make his choice.

a week later, he called me to say "CBN has declared wonder banks a CAVEAT EMPTOR". he thanked me. pals in the house, if you think you are an high risk tolerant and taker, you could invest in them, else, seek other options.

cheers

(1) (Reply)

Urgently In Need Of Crude Oil / To Be Rich, You Must Do This In 2008. / Rechargeable Phone Card Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.