Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,374 members, 7,864,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she (1470 Views)

What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real? / Daddy Freeze Tackles Pastor Funke Adejuwon For Calling Him A 'Fool, Idiot' / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Apostlekings:

It's not easy ooo abeg...
I'm not that righteous but I respect God...
I still flexing life...

They said I'm like a moon and nobody can cover the moon...

That I can't run away from God Calling, one of the woman just came close to me and ask me why are my running to work for God, she said I know that God is calling me but I don't want to obey...

Honestly I know, my spirit keeps telling me, those who are close to me keeps telling me..

But I just think my friends are just saying that by the things I do or what they think.....

I'm afraid if you don't submit willingly, the way God will arrest you may not be pleasant. Check out apostle Paul. Jonah and Google some great men of God what they passed through when they refused to yield to Gods calling. Some almost lost their lives.
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Dangerousboy:
Goodevening, hope ur fine? Alright. You see, when there's a call of God on your life for ministry, you will know. There will be that inner witness of the Holy Spirit in you.

You asked for confirmation and the Holy Spirit of God directed or led you to that prayer meeting where not only your call, but your ministry gift(Apostle) was unfold. You kept on asking, then the sweet Holy Spirit spoke through someone again confirming what he has told you earlier in your Spirit and through those women.

He is not going to use a trumpet to talk to you. He has already confirmed your call again and again. It is left for you to step out in faith, build your self spiritually so that the Holy Spirit can flow through you easily to others.

He has already spoken to you in the language he knows you will understand, he won't do more than that. He has given you the greatest privilege you would ever have. please what you should think on now is how to fulfill your ministry so as to be a blessing to others.

Something keeps disturbing me inside my mind that God is calling me, sometimes I imagine myself preaching to people and performing miracles but I see this things as an imagination...

I told myself that if God is calling me the He will use a pastor, prophet, apostle evengelist or whatever to tell me...

To my greatest surprise up to five prayer warriors told me that today and they said to me, I can't run away from God Calling me...
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
MightySparrow:

Calling itself is a gift, ask him what to do. Still be patient and pray more. Ask Him for direction. He will guide you. Things will unfold with time.

They are not men sir....
They are women... Not one woman but up to five women saying the same thing....
When they was saying that someone who knows me to well there said o boy God wants you to be a pastor and one of the women replied immediately that I'm not even called to be a pastor but an apostle, that God has given me power to deliver my family and people, that I should obey and deliver People.. one of of them called me and said, nobody can cover the moon, that God is living me now to do however I want but when He will remember me that he will drag me to work for him... She said I can't run from it...
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by perezeghi: 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
Apostlekings:

Yes honestly I love preaching about Christ.....
Everyone want to hear my voice when I talk about Christ...

One-day I preached to my mother about Bible, she was surprised looking at me, she said, where did I learnt all this from because she knows I don't go to church, lol I said to her don't mind me oo, I'm just saying what I know... She said I should be an evengelist...

I thought she said that according to what she understand...

Yea..... everyone can call you any title. But you'll know the appropriate title as you continue in doing God's work. But don't so well dwell in titles now, just do what pleases God.
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Kobojunkie: 2:03am On Jun 24, 2021
Dangerousboy:
Goodevening, hope ur fine? Alright. You see, when there's a call of God on your life for ministry, you will know. There will be that inner witness of the Holy Spirit in you.

You asked for confirmation and the Holy Spirit of God directed or led you to that prayer meeting where not only your call, but your ministry gift(Apostle) was unfold. You kept on asking, then the sweet Holy Spirit spoke through someone again confirming what he has told you earlier in your Spirit and through those women.

He is not going to use a trumpet to talk to you. He has already confirmed your call again and again. It is left for you to step out in faith, build your self spiritually so that the Holy Spirit can flow through you easily to others.

He has already spoken to you in the language he knows you will understand, he won't do more than that. He has given you the greatest privilege you would ever have. please what you should think on now is how to fulfill your ministry so as to be a blessing to others.
Interesting claims you make there..

1. Where in the teachings of Jesus Christ did He teach that the Spirit of God "directs" those who do not even belong to Him let alone submit to and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ. ? undecided

I ask this because the work of the Spirit of God as told us by Jesus Christ, where the world is concerned, is to convict the world of its sins..

con·vict
/kənˈvikt/

declare (someone) to be guilty of a criminal offense by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law.
"the theives were convicted of the robbery"

...not call people to God. undecided

2. So where do you get this idea that the Spirit of God is responsible for any of what the OP has described here? undecided
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Dangerousboy(m): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2021
Apostlekings:

Something keeps disturbing me inside my mind that God is calling me, sometimes I imagine myself preaching to people and performing miracles but I see this things as an imagination...

I told myself that if God is calling me the He will use a pastor, prophet, apostle evengelist or whatever to tell me...

To my greatest surprise up to five prayer warriors told me that today and they said to me, I can't run away from God Calling me...
its up to you, you could chose to answer or not, it won't cost God anything, but it will cost you. There's a lot of blessings attached to this. And God is not going to give you a sign again, he Don try. He has other Children to call and send also. Your an introvert by the way. And I think your Melancholic because we like analyzing things too much

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:09am On Jun 24, 2021
Apostlekings:

How do someone know that he have ministry gift? What do you mean by ministry gift?
For the repentance you mentioned, someone must not repent before God will call him, even Paul was a sinner but God called him and made him to repent....

The Churches are only looking for members to increase the numbers in their gathering. You must have been revealing your dreams to one of them and he must have told them about it so they're seizing that opportunity to initiate you into their midst.

Paul was never a sinner from the viewpoint of God's law! He was doing the right thing according to God's law but unfortunately the laws he was fighting hard to uphold has been cancelled at the death of Jesus Christ.

He was never a thief, fornicator or adulterer so if we are to go by the laws Paul was a righteous man. That is what Jesus saw in him before calling him to know that those laws he was fighting for has become obsolete!

Yes God is calling right hearted ones to work for him but it's to be done Jesus' way. True Christians will come to your house and preach to you, that is the invitation, no special calling otherwise God would have called everyone by force by fire! smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Dangerousboy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claims you make there..

1. Where in the teachings of Jesus Christ did He teach that the Spirit of God "directs" those who do not even belong to Him let alone submit to and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ. ? undecided

I ask this because the work of the Spirit of God as told us by Jesus Christ, where the world is concerned, is to convict the world of its sins..

con·vict
/kənˈvikt/

declare (someone) to be guilty of a criminal offense by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law.

2. So where do you get this idea that the Spirit of God is responsible for any of what the OP has described here? undecided
the Op did not tell you that he does not believe in Jesus, or has not accepted him.

You said something about him being a sinner. Do you know that if Jesus was on the earth now, you and I might have not believed in him? Why? Because he came for the sinners, those who were disqualified.. He called them, ate with them, went to their party, and yet did not sin.

Preaching sin won't save people ( digressing a little) or stop them from sinning. What saves people is the message of salvation. And what is it? Come to him as you are, and he will change you
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dangerousboy:
the Op did not tell you that he does not believe in Jesus, or has not accepted him.

You said something about him being a sinner. Do you know that if Jesus was on the earth now, you and I might have not believed in him? Why? Because he came for the sinners, those who were disqualified.. He called them, ate with them, went to their party, and yet did not sin.

Preaching sin won't save people ( digressing a little) or stop them from sinning. What saves people is the message of salvation. And what is it? Come to him as you are, and he will change you
I am sorry but I dont see how any of this addresses any of the concerns I had with your responses. Again...

con·vict
/kənˈvikt/

Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Dangerousboy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but I dont see how any of this addresses any of the concerns I had with your responses. Again...

con·vict
/kənˈvikt/

Acts 10, God spoke to Cornelius through the angel. Cornelius was not even saved.
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dangerousboy:
Acts 10, God spoke to Cornelius through the angel. Cornelius was not even saved.
1. The description of the man Cornelius was that of a religious man who worshipped the true God, a man who gave much of what he had to the poor, praying all the time. Cornelius was not a man who did not already know God. - Acts 10 vs 1 - 2 & Acts 10 vs 30- 32 undecided

2. According to the story, God sent an angel, not His Spirit, in the form of a vision to Cornelius - Acts 10 vs 3 - 4. undecided

3. Also, the message was sent by God to Cornelius himself and not to a third party to then deliver it to Cornelius. This Op however came to you stating that God sent third parties to him in the name of God. Note how this here does not even begin to fit with the Cornelius example in anyway or form? undecided
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Dangerousboy(m): 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The description of the man Cornelius was that of a religious man who worshipped the true God, a man who gave much of what he had to the poor, praying all the time. Cornelius was not a man who did not already know God. - Acts 10 vs 1 - 2 & Acts 10 vs 30- 32 undecided

2. According to the story, God sent an angel, not His Spirit, in the form of a vision to Cornelius - Acts 10 vs 3 - 4. undecided

3. Also, the message was sent by God to Cornelius himself and not to a third party to then deliver it to Cornelius. This Op however came to you stating that God sent third parties to him in the name of God. Note how this here does not even begin to fit with the Cornelius example in anyway or form? undecided
was peter who delivered the msg of salvation to him not a 3rd party? We all are 3rd parties.

No matter how you paint it, Cornelius was a sinner. He would have gone to hell like that, despite his good works or because he worshipped the God of Isreal. That's why God spoke to him by an angel supernaturally, even though he was a sinner, and sent peter to communicate the gospel to him.

It's like you don't believe on the move of the Spirit of God.

And all your saying or what am understanding from your write up is that God cannot speak or relate to the sinner, which is all wrong.
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dangerousboy:
was peter who delivered the msg of salvation to him not a 3rd party? We all are 3rd parties.

No matter how you paint it, Cornelius was a sinner. He would have gone to hell like that, despite his good works or because he worshipped the God of Isreal. That's why God spoke to him by an angel supernaturally, even though he was a sinner, and sent peter to communicate the gospel to him.

It's like you don't believe on the move of the Spirit of God.

And all your saying or what am understanding from your write up is that God cannot speak or relate to the sinner, which is all wrong.
1.. The message from God was given directly to Cornelius, a man already serving God but had yet to recieve the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Cornelus was asked to go contact Peter, which He did. undecided

Again, this Op however came to you stating that God sent third parties to him in the name of God, to tell him God had "chosen" him, not the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Note how this here does not even begin to fit with the Cornelius example in anyway or form? undecided

2. Peter never identified Cornelius a sinner - Acts 10 vs 34 - 43. In Acts 10 vs 35, Peter acknowledges realization that God accepts anyone who worships Him and does what is right. So, how you came about your claim that Cornelius was a sinner is not contained in that context. undecided

Again, The description of the man Cornelius was that of a religious man who worshipped the true God, a man who gave much of what he had to the poor, praying all the time. Cornelius was not a man who did not already know God. - Acts 10 vs 1 - 2 & Acts 10 vs 30- 32 undecided

3. So according to you, the OP here is not a sinner and so you ascribe the Holy Spirit to His case, but because God sent an Angel to Cornelius means Cornelius was a sinner? undecided

4. The "move" of which spirit? Jesus Christ told you what the Spirit that comes from Him and from the Father would do. But here you are ascribing other work to the Spirit of God, this against God mind you. undecided
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Dangerousboy(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1.. The message from God was given directly to Cornelius, a man already serving God but had yet to recieve the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Cornelus was asked to go contact Peter, which He did. undecided

Again, this Op however came to you stating that God sent third parties to him in the name of God, to tell him God had "chosen" him, not the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Note how this here does not even begin to fit with the Cornelius example in anyway or form? undecided

2. Peter never identified Cornelius a sinner - Acts 10 vs 34 - 43. In Acts 10 vs 35, Peter acknowledges realization that God accepts anyone who worships Him and does what is right. So, how you came about your claim that Cornelius was a sinner is not contained in that context. undecided

Again, The description of the man Cornelius was that of a religious man who worshipped the true God, a man who gave much of what he had to the poor, praying all the time. Cornelius was not a man who did not already know God. - Acts 10 vs 1 - 2 & Acts 10 vs 30- 32 undecided

3. So according to you, the OP here is not a sinner and so you ascribe the Holy Spirit to His case, but because God sent an Angel to Cornelius means Cornelius was a sinner? undecided

4. The "move" of which spirit? Jesus Christ told you what the Spirit that comes from Him and from the Father would do. But here you are ascribing other work to the Spirit of God, this against God mind you. undecided
here you go again, so Peter had to tell Cornelius that he was a sinner abi? So the way you preac salvation is to tell people they are sinners?

When the gospel comes, it exposes your need for salvation. You don't have to tell people they are sinners. When they hear the word, they will know their position.

Fasting, praying, calling on the God of Is real won't save you... Like Cornelius did. Only receiving Jesus will.

Now, know this distinction in the new testament. When it wants to refer to a Christian, you will always hear certain disciple or believer but when it comes to unbelievers it would say a certain man or woman.
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dangerousboy:
here you go again, so Peter had to tell Cornelius that he was a sinner abi? So the way you preac salvation is to tell people they are sinners?

When the gospel comes, it exposes your need for salvation. You don't have to tell people they are sinners. When they hear the word, they will know their position.

Fasting, praying, calling on the God of Is real won't save you... Like Cornelius did. Only receiving Jesus will.

Now, know this distinction in the new testament. When it wants to refer to a Christian, you will always hear certain disciple or believer but when it comes to unbelievers it would say a certain man or woman.
1. Where did Peter tell Cornelius that he, Cornelius, was a sinner? undecided

2. The Gospel exposes your need for Salvation? Have you ever actually read the story of Cornelius to understand why that particular story was included? undecided

3. What Cornelius did was not real worship of God? Peter seems to disagree with you. Even God, in Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20, disagrees with you and certainly does Jesus Christ if you recall His encounter with Zaccheus where He declared that Salvation had come to Zaccheus's home as a result of His giving away some of His wealth, this in line with what God said in Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20 as well. undecided

While we are still at it, you still haven't answered by initial questions to you..

4. Where in the teachings of Jesus Christ did He teach that the Spirit of God "directs" those who do not even belong to Him let alone submit to and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ. ? undecided

con·vict
/kənˈvikt/

5. So where do you get this idea that the Spirit of God is responsible for any of what the OP has described here? undecided
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Adamgeneral12: 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
I don see one angry grin grin angry angry grin grin

Show me some young men or though they have some bad behavior for hand o,but God said na dem be the next men of God who will take over from the present one.
Now men of God dey die up and down some people they write anything they like about them but be like undecided

I beg op, no do the mistake wey I do,if God is really calling you, you should be more carful with those that see vision because na were dem dey tight rope na there them dey loose am.

Just keep on reading psalms 51 and 27 everyday.
U can fast and ask God to reveal you purpose to you(u want to know ur self,ask God in that prayer)
Biko me no sabi good English but I get small experience in life and na the experience I dey pass to u so.

My advice
In case u become a big apostle in the future pls no try discriminating,stereo type, tribalism or running after money

U see that advice na one time u go hear am.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On Jan 03, 2023
MightySparrow:
Go to him in sincere prayers. Calling precedes birth, you grow to discover it. When Elijah threw his mantle on Elisha, immediately he knew the meaning. He must have been feeling something as you are now. Be sincere in your prayers. God is not an author of confusion. Be prompt to obey. Delay always attract consequences that you will not be able to handle.
Why do you let men deceive you with their tales? Why not read the story for yourself? undecided
7 There were 50 men from the group of prophets who followed them. Elijah and Elisha stopped at the Jordan River. The 50 men stood far away from Elijah and Elisha.
8 Elijah took off his coat, folded it, and hit the water with it. The water separated to the right and to the left. Then Elijah and Elisha crossed the river on dry ground.
9 After they crossed the river, Elijah said to Elisha, “What do you want me to do for you before God takes me away from you?” Elisha said, “I ask you for a double share of your spirit on me.”
10 Elijah said, “You have asked a hard thing. If you see me when I am taken from you, it will happen. But if you don’t see me when I am taken from you, it will not happen.” -
11 Elijah and Elisha were walking and talking together. Suddenly, some horses and a chariot came and separated Elijah from Elisha. The horses and the chariot were like fire. Then Elijah was carried up into heaven in a whirlwind.
12 Elisha saw it, and shouted, “My father! My father! The chariot of Israel and his horses!” Elisha never saw Elijah again. Elisha grabbed his own clothes and tore them in two to show his sadness.
13 Elijah’s coat had fallen to the ground, so Elisha picked it up. He went back and stood at the edge of the Jordan River.
14 He hit the water and said, “Where is the Lord, the God of Elijah?” Just as Elisha hit the water, the water separated to the right and to the left! Then Elisha crossed the river.
15 When the group of prophets at Jericho saw Elisha, they said, “Elijah’s spirit is now on Elisha!” They came to meet Elisha. They bowed very low to the ground before him.- 2 Kings 2 vs 7 - 15
From the above passage, the story explains that much of what you were fed by your mogs is nothing but delusions. undecided

A. When Elijah first took off his coat, he used his own hand to hit the water with it. In much the same way Moses struck the water with his staff to part waters, it was not the staff or the coat that had the power in it, but the Prophet whose hand it was in.
B. Elijah did not throw his coat on Elisha. Instead, it dropped to the floor after he was carried away.
C. Elisha noticed Elijah had dropped the coat and so picked it up. There is no mention of him wearing it or even intending to.
D. By the way, there is no indication from the story that the coat was imbued with even Elijah's power. From the story, it was just a coat.
E. There is also no indication that on the way back, Elisha hit the water with the same coat instead we are told that Elisha called out to, YHWH, God of Elijah, and God answered him.
F. At least the men who had gone with Elisha to see Elijah off were not gullible to ascribe power to the coat.... ... so why do you let these gods of men f0ck with your mind? undecided

The New Year, save your own soul and mind by reading up any story you are fed by your pastors and mogs so you quit letting them dick around in your mind! Read the book for your own self. While you are at it, find and read a book on logical /critical reasoning, so you can at least learn how to shut your mind off from the scams that religion poses to it. undecided
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by MightySparrow: 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why do you let men deceive you with their tales? Why not read the story for yourself? undecided
From the above passage, the story explains that much of what you were fed by your mogs is nothing but delusions. undecided

A. When Elijah first took off his coat, he used his own hand to hit the water with it. In much the same way Moses struck the water with his staff to part waters, it was not the staff or the coat that had the power in it, but the Prophet whose hand it was in.
B. Elijah did not throw his coat on Elisha. Instead, it dropped to the floor after he was carried away.
C. Elisha noticed Elijah had dropped the coat and so picked it up. There is no mention of him wearing it or even intending to.
D. By the way, there is no indication from the story that the coat was imbued with even Elijah's power. From the story, it was just a coat.
E. There is also no indication that on the way back, Elisha hit the water with the same coat instead we are told that Elisha called out to, YHWH, God of Elijah, and God answered him.
F. At least the men who had gone with Elisha to see Elijah off were not gullible to ascribe power to the coat.... ... so why do you let these gods of men f0ck with your mind? undecided

The New Year, save your own soul and mind by reading up any story you are fed by your pastors and mogs so you quit letting them dick around in your mind! Read the book for your own self. While you are at it, find and read a book on logical /critical reasoning, so you can at least learn how to shut your mind off from the scams that religion poses to it. undecided

If silence is the best answer for a fool, what is the best answer to a confusionist?
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
MightySparrow:
If silence is the best answer for a fool, what is the best answer to a confusionist?
You would need to provide that answer to your own self. undecided
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by MightySparrow: 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You would need to provide that answer to your own self. undecided

Loud silence.
Re: How Can Someone Know That God Is Calling Him/she by Razoul: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
God dont have an gender, he isnt a material being

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Actual F--- Was The Meaning Of That Job Story? / How The CIA Baited Enoch Adeboye / Scientists Create First Synthetic Genome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.