Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,010 members, 7,859,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:34 PM

Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price (21455 Views)

Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax / Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek / Sancho & Man United 'Agree Terms On A 5-Year Contract Worth £340,000 Per Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by JesseJo: 9:00am On Jun 24, 2021
lexy2014:

Is he worth 77m pounds?

He is worth beyond that ...

You kids need to fully understand the modern day economics of the game.

The value of a player isn't just what is obtainable from the player on the pitch.
You have to factor in sponsorship deals, merchandise sales and social media etc.

Let me give you a task. Go to Jadon Sancho's Instagram and Twitter handle today.

Note down the number of followers.

After 2 weeks of the deal being announced go back there and note down the number of followers again.

If you don't see a difference of a minimum of 2M increment in followers. Ring me on 08162972888...I will dash you N10K

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by JesseJo: 9:01am On Jun 24, 2021
[quote author=lexy
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by kpaofame: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2021
hustla:
If fabrizio Romano never tweet am, I no go believe am

End of story
Here we go

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Bennycollins: 9:10am On Jun 24, 2021
Some crazy fans have bullied the Glazers into paying so much for an average player. If he fails to live up to expectations, the same people will start another round of troubles.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by JesseJo: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2021
Bennycollins:
Some crazy fans have bullied the Glazers into paying so much for an average player. If he fails to live up to expectations, the same people will start another round of troubles.

Not so sure about him being average.

He's had only Messi ahead of him in terms of assist in the last 3yrs of the top 5 leagues in Europe....60 assists in 3 seasons. That's 20/season.
Add that to the 50goals he scored in same period...

Those are not bad stats for a winger.

And then again, he's just 21yrs, and that suggests that his game can still get better as he is at least 5-6yrs away from his peak years.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by lexy2014: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Firstly I minded my business, by not questioning the amount of money used to buy him.

Secondly, I know it's not my money that's why I didn't question them unlike you, if you aren't jobless you won't be asking a big club in Europe why they bought the Sancho guy with 77 million pounds, whatever they paid to get any players shouldn't be your problem, the last time I checked you are just a mere fan with no monetary contribution to the club, so mind your business.

thirdly, yes I'm a Nigerian, and I don't live in Nigeria unlike you. besides where I am is actually peaceful, no bandits, fulani herdsmen or bad government whatsoever.

And lastly, whether Sancho is worth 77 millions pounds of not, it is not your business. the club saw potentials in him that's why they bought him, so mind your f*cking business and get a job, thank you.

How did u mind ur business when u are on this thread? Is this thread ur business? Why did u comment on d thread at all? Is it ur business if Sancho moves from Dortmund to Manchester united?

Since u aren't jobless, what exactly are u doing commenting on d thread? Kindly explain.

How did u come to d conclusion that am a fan? How does my being a fan or not a fan disqualify me from commenting on d subject matter? Are u making any financial contribution to d club? Then how's it ur business if others aren't making any financial contribution to d club?

What is ur business if d club saw potential in Sancho? Kindly explain

Who asked u if u are in nigeria or not in nigeria? What has ur place of residence got to do with d discussion? If u are a Nigerian, then it means u are also guilty of d sins u accuse nigerans of committing
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by princewarri1985: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2021
Dormund scouting director is the best in the history of football because he has a eye for scouting quality players and paying less for the player and later selling the same player for world record fee, united buying sancho is not enough, ole also need to be fired and replaced with a quality coach with the same quality as tuchel, they should learn from chelsea because ole incapabilities is always exposed during important matches

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by lexy2014: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2021
JesseJo:

He is worth beyond that ...

You kids need to fully understand the modern day economics of the game.

The value of a player isn't just what is obtainable from the player on the pitch.
You have to factor in sponsorship deals, merchandise sales and social media etc.

Let me give you a task. Go to Jadon Sancho's Instagram and Twitter handle today.

Note down the number of followers.

After 2 weeks of the deal being announced go back there and note down the number of followers again.

If you don't see a difference of a minimum of 2M increment in followers. Ring me on 08162972888...I will dash you N10K

This is d simple question I asked:

"Is he worth 77m pounds?"

As an adult that u claim that u are, u couldn't even display maturity in ur response. Let's look at what u said so u can prove ur adulthood.

Now u say Sanchos valuation is a result of "sponsorship deals, merchandise sales and social media". Kindly give d financial value of these 3 items as it relates to Sancho using "modern day economic" methods.

Since u say u have been to Sanchos IG and Twitter pages, kindly do d maths using "modern day economic" methods which u are vast in to show us how it all translates to 77m pounds.

Mr. Adult, over to u
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Humanoid01(m): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Help2020:

No sense in this.If they are so good why didn't then win league along with champions league. Or you have not seen a team won both?
Yes Liverpool won the league two seasons ago,but we are talking about recent form..If two seasons ago form matters they wouldn't have finished in Fourth position.
If Manchester United were so good, why haven't they won any major trophy since 2017? Let me guess, you'll likely come up with the 20-league-title tag. Ironically, it is an embarrassment for a team with such status to go almost 5 seasons without winning a major trophy, and you're here celebrating ending above Liverpool and Chelsea who have won major trophies of recent. Again, what's the point always ending up in a top spot with no trophy to show for it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by TimmyTen(m): 9:37am On Jun 24, 2021
So is it automatic the table will remain same next season United struggled later improved towards the end of the season, so the preparation is not out of place. Chelsea n Liverpool are big contenders
Help2020:
Clubs that finished the league below united?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by owobokiri(m): 9:44am On Jun 24, 2021
Waste of money..
Zaha would be more effective than this guy..
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by JesseJo: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2021
lexy2014:

This is d simple question I asked:

"Is he worth 77m pounds?"

As an adult that u claim that u are, u couldn't even display maturity in ur response. Let's look at what u said so u can prove ur adulthood.

Now u say Sanchos valuation is a result of "sponsorship deals, merchandise sales and social media". Kindly give d financial value of these 3 items as it relates to Sancho using "modern day economic" methods.

Since u say u have been to Sanchos IG and Twitter pages, kindly do d maths using "modern day economic" methods which u are vast in to show us how it all translates to 77m pounds.

Mr. Adult, over to u

An unteachable ignorant youth as earlier suspected.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Ayo2004: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2021
This United have spent over a billion dollars with nothing sensible to show for it,this guy is not going to prove to be worth that money grin

Later,their fans will come and start shouting"man city is oil club,Guardiola is steven keshi without money,yen yen yen"
most useless club,from bottling UCL finals to Europa League and so on....
Happy birthday to the GOAT
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Help2020: 10:03am On Jun 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

If Manchester United were so good, why haven't they won any major trophy since 2017? Let me guess, you'll likely come up with the 20-league-title tag. Ironically, it is an embarrassment for a team with such status to go almost 5 seasons without winning a major trophy, and you're here celebrating ending above Liverpool and Chelsea who have won major trophies of recent. Again, what's the point always ending up in a top spot with no trophy to show for it?
You're going off point. Your initial statement says man u needs to spend to catch up with Liverpool and Chelsea. Then I asked why will man u catch up with the aformentioned teams when man u finished the league above them.Now you're drifting away from the initial argument.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by FLYFIRE(m): 10:03am On Jun 24, 2021
Franking:
Another Pogba in the making.
Exactly. If one knew & saw Pogba from the junior world cup, he has become the least developed player

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Help2020: 10:04am On Jun 24, 2021
TimmyTen:
So is it automatic the table will remain same next season United struggled later improved towards the end of the season, so the preparation is not out of place. Chelsea n Liverpool are big contenders
Yes they are big contender as always. For 2 straight seasons now man u has finished above Chelsea, so why would someone said man u needs to spend to catch up with Chelsea?
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Help2020: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Emperorlanky:

And you keep hyping your man u based on old glory
Man u has finished above Chelsea for two seasons now. So why would u say man u need to spend to catch up with Chelsea?
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by lexy2014: 10:08am On Jun 24, 2021
JesseJo:

An unteachable ignorant youth as earlier suspected.

Oga professor, pls teach. Answer d following questions. Abi student no suppose ask professor question?

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by kechywillz(m): 10:13am On Jun 24, 2021
zeusdgrt:
Arteta will ruin arsenal,new coach that is vindictive and has ego if u check the players he is selling they are performing well in other clubs loaned to(saliba,guendozi,torreria,wilock)but the man has ego and vindictive mindset when he is still an upcoming coach.Imagine not even buying any player up till now and the names u see that are his target are average players not better than the ones he is loaning out or wants to sell,man UTD on the other hand can buy better players but their coach is not technically sound.
Ole is the most disrespected coach in premier league,a coach you all said he will relegate man utd finished top 4 in 2 seasons yet he is technically not sound yet u failed to realize that with experiences as a coach u can build ur technicality
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Humanoid01(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2021
Help2020:

You're going off point. Your initial statement says man u needs to spend to catch up with Liverpool and Chelsea. Then I asked why will man u catch up with the aformentioned teams when man u finished the league above them.Now you're drifting away from the initial argument.
I think you're mixing things up here. I'm not the user you had that initial conversation with. Even if I was, how am I drifting from the argument?

Your point is Manchester United do not need to do any catching up with Liverpool and Chelsea, because they ended above both teams last season. My question is, of what significance is attaining a top spot without winning a trophy?

Chelsea and Liverpool ended the season on good notes, even if the latter didn't add any trophy to their name. Winning the biggest prize in club football isn't child's play. Psychologically, that gives Chelsea an advantage over other teams aiming for the title. As for Liverpool, we all know they were plagued with injuries, yet they managed to make the top four spot.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Help2020: 10:23am On Jun 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

I think you're mixing things up here. I'm not the user you had that initial conversation with. Even if I was, how am I drifting from the argument?

Your point is Manchester United do not need to do any catching up with Liverpool and Chelsea, because they ended above both teams last season. My question is, of what significance is attaining a top spot without winning a trophy?

Chelsea and Liverpool ended the season on good notes, even if the latter didn't add any trophy to their name. Winning the biggest prize in club football isn't child's play, and you think that wouldn't make them contenders next season? As for Liverpool, we all know they were plagued with injuries, yet they managed to make the top four spot.
Yes I repeat for two seasons man finished above Chelsea, so it's Chelsea that needs s catch not man u..yes man u needs to catch up with city not Chelsea. OK you talk about winning champions league. Did you forget man u lost out by penalty shootout in Europa league final?So if you're using champion's league to judge you're making a big mistake. Beside winning champions league has never show ur team consistency. Do you remember what happened in 2013 a year after Chelsea won same champion's league? So don't think you have arrived because you won the league.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by SageTravels: 10:39am On Jun 24, 2021
hustla:
If fabrizio Romano never tweet am, I no go believe am

End of the story

Your waiting for here we go?
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Humanoid01(m): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2021
Help2020:

Yes I repeat for two seasons man finished above Chelsea, so it's Chelsea that needs s catch not man u..yes man u needs to catch up with city not Chelsea. OK you talk about winning champions league. Did you forget man u lost out by penalty shootout in Europa league final?So if you're using champion's league to judge you're making a big mistake. Beside winning champions league has never show ur team consistency. Do you remember what happened in 2013 a year after Chelsea won same champion's league? So don't think you have arrived because you won the league.
Are you saying that Chelsea won the Champions league by luck? You talk about losing on penalties to a team that ended 7th in their league. Isn't that a shame? If you can't win a major final against a 7th placed team, how do you expect to catch up with a team with Man city's quality? Mind you, Chelsea beat the same Man city in a UCL final. So you can enjoy celebrating ending above Chelsea without a trophy.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2021
Wao we go begin loose fans o, imagine 77m for Sancho who I offend in this club?
I have been begging United to get grealish and boost Fernandes and other players hell no by this coach
Grealish is far better than Sancho and Fernandes, until another club get am from Aston villa and hurt us eyes go clear.

I don't know why they don't loan coaches too. I will recommend ole to be loaned

We can't continue to be winning matches with penalties and VAR assistance

Don't rely on luck work for it
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Emperorlanky: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Help2020:

Man u has finished above Chelsea for two seasons now. So why would u say man u need to spend to catch up with Chelsea?

Winning a champions league next season is also a catch up with Chelsea oga.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Help2020: 11:24am On Jun 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

Are you saying that Chelsea won the Champions league by luck? You talk about losing on penalties to a team that ended 7th in their league. Isn't that a shame? If you can't win a major final against a 7th placed team, how do you expect to catch up with a team with Man city's quality? Mind you, Chelsea beat the same Man city in a UCL final. So you can enjoy celebrating ending above Chelsea without a trophy.

Winning a cup competition like the champion's league requires some elements of luck,that's why you don't see many teams winning it back to back the way Bayer,juv and other big teams have dominated their leagues.So yes Chelsea won it by luck,so don't use this season's success to forcast how well they will do next season.Hope you remember what happened in 2013?
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Vero4u: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Help2020:

Winning a cup competition like the champion's league requires some elements of luck,that's why you don't see many teams winning it back to back the way Bayer,juv and other big teams have dominated their leagues.So yes Chelsea won it by luck,so don't use this season's success to forcast how well they will do next season.Hope you remember what happened in 2013?
Manu finished above Chelsea because they had a mediocre coach. Now they have a tactical genius. So they need to catch up.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Vero4u: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Help2020:

Chelsea won it by luck. How? Can you kindly explain. Team that bested Madrid, Champions of Spain (ATM) over 2 legs. And then bested the champions league runner up three times in a row.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Commonwealth Games 2018: Galadima Claims 8th Gold For Nigeria / Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.