Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,916 members, 7,848,702 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price (21448 Views)

Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax / Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek / Sancho & Man United 'Agree Terms On A 5-Year Contract Worth £340,000 Per Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Humanoid01(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
Help2020:

Winning a cup competition like the champion's league requires some elements of luck,that's why you don't see many teams winning it back to back the way Bayer,juv and other big teams have dominated their leagues.So yes Chelsea won it by luck,so don't use this season's success to forcast how well they will do next season.Hope you remember what happened in 2013?
Lol you amuse and amaze me at the same time. Beating Sevilla (a team that knocked Man United out of the Europa league) 4-0, eliminating Atletico Madrid, Porto, Real Madrid and then defeating EPL champions in the UCL final is what you call luck?

Chelsea in 2013 were knocked out from the group stage of the UCL after winning it the season before, but they ended up winning the UEL, didn't they? The following season, they won the premier league.

Liverpool won the UCL in 2019 and won the EPL the following season. Man city were strong contenders that season, but Liverpool seemed to have a strong psychological advantage over city, because they came out victorious in a competition as reputable as the UCL.

Why don't Man United at least try to get to the semis of the UCL and win the EPL, then you can start calling them strong contenders again? For now, they are just in the top spot to waste space for those who're serious to contend for big trophies.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by hustla(m): 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
SageTravels:

Your waiting for here we go?

Yes naw
grin
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Bennycollins: 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
I am not sure where you get this from. Anyway, we wait to see how he turns out in the months ahead. I wish he performs for United, the club I support.
JesseJo:

Not so sure about him being average.

He's had only Messi ahead of him in terms of assist in the last 3yrs of the top 5 leagues in Europe....60 assists in 3 seasons. That's 20/season.
Add that to the 50goals he scored in same period...

Those are not bad stats for a winger.

And then again, he's just 21yrs, and that suggests that his game can still get better as he is at least 5-6yrs away from his peak years.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by POMPEY1: 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
cry cry... BIG FLOP.. RASHFORD NEVA PLAY FINISH, MARTIAL NKO .. MANU DEY FALL MY HAND.. I EXPECT MANU TO WORK ON A POTENTIAL KEEPER DE GEA REPLACEMENT COS DE GEA DEY Bleep UP... AND ALSO MANU SHOULD WORK ON THEIR DEFENCE & MIDFIELD..
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by JesseJo: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
Bennycollins:
I am not sure where you get this from. Anyway, we wait to see how he turns out in the months ahead. I wish he performs for United, the club I support.

They are verifiable facts!
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by tidalstorm(m): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
boolet:
No nah... This guy is not better than Nicolas Pepe, all hype...
even Daniel James better pass Pepe grin
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by ofiko123(m): 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations to jadon Sancho.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Sixfeetbelle: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Manchester United :Sancho

Manchester City : Kane

Liverpool : Mbappé

Is like Chelsea dey sleep

2021/2022 go hot grin

I had to login to ask this question but couldn't find the right place to post it, so pardon me posing this question to you. You seem like a football enthusiast.

I was watching the Euro2020 match and a thought just occurred to me. Imagine it's a Germany versus Poland match right? Now, during a fast play, Germans nos 10 and 7 are close to the penalty box area. No 10 has the ball but is kicked down by a Polish defender, and as he's going down, no 7 receives the ball and immediately scores. Let's say all these happened in a space of 10 seconds.

Now, normally, referee should whistle for a penalty for no 10, but considering a goal has been scored by no 7, would he now ignore the penalty in respect for the goal or would he ignore the goal in respect for the penalty?

The point of my question is: is it forbidden in football rules to have a team concede two consecutive goals at the same time?
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by BigDawsNet: 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

I had to login to ask this question but couldn't find the right place to post it, so pardon me posing this question to you. You seem like a football enthusiast.

I was watching the Euro2020 match and a thought just occurred to me. Imagine it's a Germany versus Poland match right? Now, during a fast play, Germans nos 10 and 7 are close to the penalty box area. No 10 has the ball but is kicked down by a Polish defender, and as he's going down, no 7 receives the ball and immediately scores. Let's say all these happened in a space of 10 seconds.

Now, normally, referee should whistle for a penalty for no 10, but considering a goal has been scored by no 7, would he now ignore the penalty in respect for the goal or would he ignore the goal in respect for the penalty?

The point of my question is: is it forbidden in football rules to have a team concede two consecutive goals at the same time?

It's called advantage in football while the common local name is "play on"

If the no 10 was brought down by the defender and the no 7 have a quick access to the ball...

The referee will access that recovery in less than 5sec while he make a decision tO stop the ball or raise is both hands straight forward which signify play on!...

If no 7 recover the ball when no 10 is down on ground...the ref will check in few sec if is possible for the player the no 7 to still make use of the ball in a positive way...if not the ref stops the ball for foul...

And if eventually the no 7 recover the ball and score while the ref wait....

Den the goal will be counted and the proposed penalty on the no10 is not useful anymore because the team has alrdy find the back of the net.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Sixfeetbelle: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
BigDawsNet:

It's called advantage in football while the common local name is "play on"

If the no 10 was brought down by the defender and the no 7 have a quick access to the ball...

The referee will access that recovery in less than 5sec while he make a decision tO stop the ball or raise is both hands straight forward which signify play on!...

If no 7 recover the ball when no 10 is down on ground...the ref will check in few sec if is possible for the player the no 7 to still make use of the ball in a positive way...if not the ref stops the ball for foul...

And if eventually the no 7 recover the ball and score while the ref wait....

Den the goal will be counted and the proposed penalty on the no10 is not useful anymore because the team has alrdy find the back of the net.

You went a bit technical with your reply, but I believe I got the gist of it. So, basically, even if no 10 got an injury right in the middle of a penalty box, referee ignores it in favor of no 7 goal.

I feel like both no 10 penalty and no 7 goal should be awarded to the team. It's their advantage, you know?
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by zeusdgrt(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
kechywillz:

Ole is the most disrespected coach in premier league,a coach you all said he will relegate man utd finished top 4 in 2 seasons yet he is technically not sound yet u failed to realize that with experiences as a coach u can build ur technicality
If u are a football fan u will know that Man UTD is living on individual play instincts of the players for wins and not coaching ability.Ole cannot determine or draw up strategy and is the truth neither can he study a game.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Bekermann(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
amaham:
Pls don't go the way of English Maguire, just be like Portuguese Bruno

I'm not a Man Utd fan but Harry Maguire is a good defender.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Wiljemz777(m): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
[quote author=hustla post=103033078]If fabrizio Romano never tweet am, I no go believe am

You sabi who person well!
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by BigDawsNet: 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

You went a bit technical with your reply, but I believe I got the gist of it. So, basically, even if no 10 got an injury right in the middle of a penalty box, referee ignores it in favor of no 7 goal.

I feel like both no 10 penalty and no 7 goal should be awarded to the team. It's their advantage, you know?

Sorry about the technical. explanation grin only way I can explain....

No, it doesn't work that way...

2 goals cannot be awarded to a team at once...

The only advantage they can get is a "play on that lead to goal" then the refree can later after goal jubilation gives the defender a yellow card...

But a goal
+
Another penalty
Resulting to another goal is impossible

I actually know where this is coming from BASKETBALL RULES cheesy

In basketball...when a defense commit a foul but you quick to pass the ball before you fall, and your other players nets...

The team will still get a penalty
+ the nets count...
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by kechywillz(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
zeusdgrt:

If u are a football fan u will know that Man UTD is living on individual play instincts of the players for wins and not coaching ability.Ole cannot determine or draw up strategy and is the truth neither can he study a game.
I don't understand what you mean by individual brilliance?

Why does a coach play certain players and don't play some? Its because his job is to harness the individual efforts or brilliance of a specific player to win him matches,let's be realistic ,man utd has been playing good football of lately and it boils down to coaching blueprint of how the club should play.

I know you would say he hasn't won a trophy,its just matter of time and mark it somewhere ,man utd will win at least a trophy this season

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by zeusdgrt(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
kechywillz:

I don't understand what you mean by individual brilliance?

Why does a coach play certain players and don't play some? Its because his job is to harness the individual efforts or brilliance of a specific player to win him matches,let's be realistic ,man utd has been playing good football of lately and it boils down to coaching blueprint of how the club should play.

I know you would say he hasn't won a trophy,its just matter of time and mark it somewhere ,man utd will win at least a trophy this season
Players are not played cz of their brilliance,each game comes with a tactical approach with area of concentration, determination of game flow in line with different changes at the game progresses infact the coaches are like chess players in every game so with what you typed I can see u are not football educated and I will not waste my time arguing with you anymore. grin
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by kechywillz(m): 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Players are not played cz of their brilliance,each game comes with a tactical approach with area of concentration, determination of game flow in line with different changes at the game progresses infact the coaches are like chess players in every game so with what you typed I can see u are not football educated and I will not waste my time arguing with you anymore. grin
angry
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Sixfeetbelle: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Sorry about the technical. explanation grin only way I can explain....

No, it doesn't work that way...

2 goals cannot be awarded to a team at once...

The only advantage they can get is a "play on that lead to goal" then the refree can later after goal jubilation gives the defender a yellow card...

But a goal
+
Another penalty
Resulting to another goal is impossible

I actually know where this is coming from BASKETBALL RULES cheesy

In basketball...when a defense commit a foul but you quick to pass the ball before you fall, and your other players nets...

The team will still get a penalty
+ the nets count...

With this rule, I've decided that I don't like football again.

Thank you for your cooperation, kind Sir. You've been most helpful.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Yesboss0009: 4:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mansancho utd
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by BigDawsNet: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

With this rule, I've decided that I don't like football again.

Thank you for your cooperation, kind Sir. You've been most helpful.

I can see you not a football fan but you really want to give a shot ...sorry but football rules stands... Tho it changes time to time..

But we are not expecting this in particular to change anytime from now...

If I may ask what is your area of sport interest...

And in football do you like any club team?
Or you have a particular favourite player?...
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by Sixfeetbelle: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I can see you not a football fan but you really want to give a shot ...sorry but football rules stands... Tho it changes time to time..

But we are not expecting this in particular to change anytime from now...

If I may ask what is your area of sport interest...

And in football do you like any club team?
Or you have a particular favourite player?...

You're right. I'm not a football fan.

I don't have interest in football at all which is why I don't have a favorite player or club team. I only watch football if I randomly comes across it and have nothing else to do otherwise I skip skip skip it grin grin

Na curiosity push me say make I inquire wetin concern penalty concern goal.
Re: Manchester United Agree To Pay Jadon Sancho’s £77 Million Asking Price by BigDawsNet: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

You're right. I'm not a football fan.

I don't have interest in football at all which is why I don't have a favorite player or club team. I only watch football if I randomly comes across it and have nothing else to do otherwise I skip skip skip it grin grin

Na curiosity push me say make I inquire wetin concern penalty concern goal.

Try on the weekends watching English Preimer league...so far the best competition in the world....

You will gain interest and with football

Try watch at local viewing center to see fans reactions and listen to their funny comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iwobi Didn't Perform Well - Very Dark Man Replies Oshoala Over AFCON Defeat / Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup First time in 60 years / Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.