Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport (43887 Views)

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK / Passengers From North Disguised As "Press" Caught At Onitsha Head Bridge At 3am / Two Female Pilots All Smiles After Flying Passengers From Abuja To Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Busolami2015(f): 10:08am On Jun 24, 2021
No fewer than 20 Nigerians have been stopped from travelling out of the country through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos in the last one week by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Airport Command.

A source close to the Command in Lagos confided most of those stopped could not give tangible reasons for wanting to travel out and details of their travels.

Most of them also could not provide documents to support their claims while it was observed that some of them used agents to perfect their papers to travel out by all means.

Also the NIS, MMIA Command on Wednesday, reunited a mentally-challenged female Nigerian, Motunde Oluwatobi Victoria with her family members at the airport.

It was gathered Motunde, who had been in Saudi Arabia since 2018 and engaged as a house maid, returned aboard Egypt Air at 1:30pm on Tuesday and was incoherent, prompting the Command to search for her family members.

Once immigration officials discovered Motunde was not mentally-balanced, they searched for her family contact through the social media and located her immediate older sister, Titilope Deborah Babatunde.

Her elder sister lauded officials of immigration at the airport for reuniting her with her sister.

She confirmed Motunrayo, who had been in Saudi Arabia since 2018, was engaged as a house maid, stressing she got wind of her health challenge about two weeks ago.

“I am very grateful to the immigration service, MMIA Command for reuniting me with my sister. Initially when I received the call, I concluded that it was a scammer at work.

“What immigration has done has further reinvigorated my belief about Nigeria. It shows that to some extent, we are still secure in Nigeria.

“If not for the immigration, I will not know that my sister has been brought back to Nigeria. We will still think she was in Saudi Arabia,” she said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/20-intending-passengers-denied-boarding-at-mmia/amp/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by baseg25(m): 10:14am On Jun 24, 2021
Nice work from the Nigeria Immigration service. I think it's important to research properly before making any attempt to travel outside the country.. Homepage worthy, lalasticlala, mynd44

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by tobtap: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2021
it is well...everyone dey flex der power

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by chidiebube107: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
stvpd move

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by MansoryMX(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
baseg25:
Nice work from the Nigeria Immigration service. I think it's important to research properly before making any attempt to travel outside the country.. Homepage worthy, lalasticlala, mynd44

Repeat what you just said! angry

[img]https:///media/5-26-2021/z0t41w.gif[/img]

360 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Afobear: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Rubbish

14 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by brosom(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
The kinda power tussle we have in this country
in every sector enh, e tire me o.

Even people wey wan japa out of this shithole are been hunted too.

Nawao!! angry

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by nosagold(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Glory to God for the sister that was reunited, news we like to hear.. As for the citizens, I guess the immigration reserves the right

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Sabadon(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
A case of we die here� grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Bar1941(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
It will not be well with any official that stops anyone trying to leave the country except a contraband item was found on such person. Why won't anyone wants to run away when Buhari had turned the country into a slaughter's slab?

153 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by SpatialKing(m): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
They have started

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by xpressionx(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
SO THE INSTRUCTIONS HAS BEEN GIVEN TO STOP YOUTHS FROM MIGRATING.
WETIN CONCERN IMMIGRATION WITH THEIR VISA,ARE THEY RHE ISSUING COUNTRY?
WERE THEY FOUND WITH CONTRABAND OR ARE THEY WANTED FOR ANY CRIME?

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by EdoAirline: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
This is Nonsense.....

Thank God I left this shithole of a country without issues like this....

Na Edoairline I use...No immigration issues grin

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ok
Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by mark2sunny(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
How is it your business to know why people want to travel? Your business is making sure they are not criminals.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Iretii0511(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
I don’t like this rough play FG embarks on o.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by hayesconcept(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nice one
Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Tizu(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
They are afraid the middle class is leaving.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by linearity: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Gh
Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by IPOBrep: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
this better not be true pls

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by NnamdiN: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Asides stopping travelers with fake documents and intercepting trafficked people, what's their business with a person's reasons to travel out? Can't I travel for pleasure?

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by toffyz(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Na Wa oh

Person no fit travel in peace again

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by wpadmin: 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
You are not ready to fix the country yet you are stopping people looking for a better life.

It’s not hard, simply go through neighboring countries like Benin republic or Ghana.

This is an abuse of power and the immigration can be sued for it.

Will their monies be refunded?

Before you say let them stay and fix the country. The people at the top are not ready to fix it.

In fact they benefit from the problems ravaging the country.

A Fulani man that has 10 oil wells in the south will never support restructuring.

Who said, you cannot build your country from abroad?

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by bishop4life(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
It has begun

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by iampeterben(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
Nice one NIS. We must remain in Naija and build it together.♡
Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by 1000angstroms(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
Imagine these imbechiles, you don't want people to leave this your godforsaken country where cows and cow fuckers are the real citizens, am still bewildered by the reasoning behold these people with mark of the beast, their dullard in chief made us happy by revealing to us that dot is the only visible thing in a big EMPTY circle and am asked of what the mark of beast is;

By their mark of the beast, you'll know them. Always quick to anger and welcoming to violence. They are slaves to one angry blood thirsty nymphomaniac prophet that cuddled their brain with one terrorism handbook attributed to one dirty sky god. Peace have never been near them.
These people with mark of the beast on their temple are horrible, if their terrorist tendencies ain't enough, they now want to cower the entire populeuse with intimidation.

You people and violence eeeh! Especially when your bedwetter prophet mohammed and nymphomaniac paedophilia allah is involved.

We all know the chief rapist that even printed a handbook for violence and terrorism. We all know that the idiot mohammed prophet died from poison that he ate while eating to rape the jewish under age girl. Your mohammed died like a rabid dog and was buried where hungry pigs exhumed his decaying corpse and ate almost half of his body, it was written that the sound his testicles made when the pigs were chewing the gonorrhea and syphilis laden balls was kuru kata, kururu katamkantaka...
He died like an 1mbecile and a dog with spit gushing out of his mouth as a bastard son of a LovePeddler from medina.

So they want to use their problems to pull everyone backwards?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Oh wow.

Abuse of power.

If they have their travel documents and they aren't fake, then who the hell do you think you are stopping people from traveling out?

11 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by cedar3: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
An autocratic regime always dies a slow and self-inflicted death. This is the beginning of the end.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport by sirchim(m): 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
If the country is working, they will have no business traveling abroad.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obituary Of A Family Killed In Accident In Plateau State (Photos) / Ghastly Auto Crash Close To Obalende, Lagos / Uyo, The Serene Paradise In Niger Delta - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.