Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,386 members, 7,864,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" (3867 Views)

Tecno Ella Voice Assistant vs Google Assistant vs Samsung Bixby / Xiaomi Has A New Phone, And It Is Transparent And Beats The Iphone X Hands Down / Apple Staff Loses Job After Daughter Uploads Iphone X Hands-on Video On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by AmadorSays: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2021
ok, well i can attest to the camera it houses, irrespective of rating i think the Phantom is very much worth it
Norman4real:
after watching reviews i think my perception of the phone has gone up a bit considering two main factors, it has no built-in ads in the software and also the fact that they used an actual telephoto lens in their cameras with a laser focus. I also saw that it's water proof though it doesn't have an official IP rating.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by skywalker240(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2021
Ajilenu:
lol. Can you afford the device if they made it with that chipset?
With this word's, you have confirmed that you are a tech illiterate (don't meant to be rude)

There are dymensity 800 series device's below 170k

Realme GT Neo 5G for example
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by skywalker240(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2021
Ajilenu:
there's something you guys aren't understanding yeah, these guys aren't making phones for premium users, they are making it for mass market, they you get now?. Phantom is for the "elite of the mass market", not for the Dangote's or Otedolas but for you and I that can afford it. Just study there market and see who their target audience are.
thanks, even the phones that are made for Dangote and Otedola are cheaper than this trash shocked

samsung galaxy s20 fe with a better chipset and better build is 198k-208k

elite of the mass market?
O my God addage of the millennium grin

Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by skywalker240(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2021
FryMosquito:
At least they upgrade to Dimensity 800, than using the same chipset on their brand model camon 17 Pro. Is this an upgrade to the elite in the mass market? They will only continue to confuse people that don't about tech.
People like Ajilenu my friend here
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by tafat: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2021
nice review, the features on this phone are really amazing
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by saxby(f): 1:10am On Jul 08, 2021
we cant even take it from them that TECNO really did a good job on this phone, the specs it carries are great
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by skywalker240(m): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:

It's main advantage over those other phones you posted is build quality and overall premium appeal. While the others will perform much better, they'll look as ordinary as any phone out there fully wrapped in plastic build. The phantom though will have a curved screen and a glass body with metallic frame.

so automatically that justifies the price tag of 250k?
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Norman4real(m): 10:44am On Jul 08, 2021
skywalker240:

so automatically that justifies the price tag of 250k?
i didn't "justify" anything. I just stated a simple fact that it LOOKS better and on surface looks more of a premium device. And in any case the price is 220k not 250k
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by sunshineV(f): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:
i didn't "justify" anything. I just stated a simple fact that it LOOKS better and on surface looks more of a premium device. And in any case the price is 220k not 250k
so the phantom have better build quality than poco f3? please explain
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by skywalker240(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:
Does it still looks better than than the Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe in build and premium?

Just so you know the Samsung is cheaper

220k?

Good morning sir

Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Norman4real(m): 11:01am On Jul 08, 2021
sunshineV:
so the phantom have better build quality than poco f3? please explain
Yes. And its also more aesthetically pleasing.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by sunshineV(f): 11:03am On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:
Yes. And its also more aesthetically pleasing.
the question hasnt been answered
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Norman4real(m): 11:04am On Jul 08, 2021
skywalker240:

Does it still looks better than than the Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe in build and premium?

220k?

Good morning sir
Do you know that anyone can sell anything at any price on jumia? If I'm a registered seller on jumia i can chose to price my phantom X at 300k and you'd have nothing to do about it. If you want the actual price go to an actual tecno store. And if you have a close contact there u could buy at an even lower price than the 220k i mentioned.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Norman4real(m): 11:05am On Jul 08, 2021
sunshineV:
the question hasnt been answered
read my reply again. I said YES.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by sunshineV(f): 11:08am On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:
read my reply again. I said YES.
so "yes" is an explanation?
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Norman4real(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2021
sunshineV:
so "yes" is an explanation?

Curved edge screen vs ordinary flat screen on the F3
Metallic frame build vs Plastic frame on the F3
Both are Gorilla glass 5, so that's a tie.

But don't get me wrong, when it comes to the actual performance the tecno comes nowhere near the F3.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by sunshineV(f): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:

Curved edge screen vs ordinary flat screen on the F3
Metallic frame build vs Plastic frame on the F3
Both are Gorilla glass 5, so that's a tie.

But don't get me wrong, when it comes to the actual performance the tecno comes nowhere near the F3.
ok for the metalic frame bt a curved edge is a curved edge besides the amoled on the tecno is wack compared to what u have on the f3
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by skywalker240(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:
Do you know that anyone can sell anything at any price on jumia? If I'm a registered seller on jumia i can chose to price my phantom X at 300k and you'd have nothing to do about it. If you want the actual price go to an actual tecno store. And if you have a close contact there u could buy at an even lower price than the 220k i mentioned.
Answer the first question
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by hoilakes(m): 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
d sammy fe u re talking about grin grin this guy sef
skywalker240:

220k?

Good morning sir

Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Meister(m): 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
Norman4real:

It's main advantage over those other phones you posted is build quality and overall premium appeal. While the others will perform much better, they'll look as ordinary as any phone out there fully wrapped in plastic build. The phantom though will have a curved screen and a glass body with metallic frame.

I'm just seeing this your nonsense assertions, Corning glass 5 is nothing new as even Redmi note 7 of years back had Corning glass 5 front and back.

All those phones I mentioned are light years ahead of the phantom X and they're all cheaper, in fact my Poco F2 pro came with all those supposed premium build, a Snapdragon 865 processor along with a better camera system and it was never up to 230k. This phones fails every way possible

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Norman4real(m): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2021
Meister:

I'm just seeing this your nonsense assertions, Corning glass 5 is nothing new as even Redmi note 7 of years back had Corning glass 5 front and back.

All those phones I mentioned are light years ahead of the phantom X and they're all cheaper, in fact my Poco F2 pro came with all those supposed premium build, a Snapdragon 865 processor along with a better camera system and it was never up to 230k. This phones fails every way possible
ok
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Ajilenu: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
skywalker240:

People like Ajilenu my friend here
well, I have better things to do than keep up. Provided they don't lag and offer good efficiency, I'm good.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Ajilenu: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
skywalker240:

With this word's, you have confirmed that you are a tech illiterate (don't meant to be rude)

There are dymensity 800 series device's below 170k

Realme GT Neo 5G for example
okay. Leave me be oga
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by skywalker240(m): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ajilenu:
okay. Leave me be oga
Chairman i no hold you oo grin grin

Infact i have left you

You can now jump for Joy grin grin

Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by samueloyem19: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2021
Dimensity 1100 would be good processor it is flagship but it is also reasonable in price plus the 6nm built of it will be good for performance. I also like the camera support of the chipset. It will be very nice
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by harryodilli19(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2021
that's an interesting proposition. for it to have the Dimensity 1100, it will need to support 5G. does it support 5G?

samueloyem19:
Dimensity 1100 would be good processor it is flagship but it is also reasonable in price plus the 6nm built of it will be good for performance. I also like the camera support of the chipset. It will be very nice
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Meister(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
harryodilli19:
that's an interesting proposition. for it to have the Dimensity 1100, it will need to support 5G. does it support 5G?

Atheistandproud see another one, just be checking the pattern
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by harryodilli19(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
qualcomm fanboys are at it again lord grin u have no other job ?

Meister:

Atheistandproud see another one, just be checking the pattern
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by atheistandproud(m): 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
harryodilli19:
qualcomm fanboys are at it again lord grin u have no other job ?

Certainly seeing the pattern now
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by Corroro: 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
Nice review, apparently Ella is still a work in progress and will get better with time.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Hands On + Tecno's Voice Assistant "Ella" by saxby(f): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
I really love the Ella feature, the world has really gone AI

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Pixel 6. A True Photography Machine! / Bbm Not Connecting / GIONEE Splus Launched In Nigeria At 12th, Dec.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.