Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards (3232 Views)

Glo Ng Are Swindling Their Customers Of Their Data!!! / MTN NG Unveils Their Cheapest Data Plan / MTN NG To Introduce 17 Digits Recharge Card PIN (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by BaEnki(m): 12:11am On Jun 25, 2021
Yeah, that's exactly what they are, and even more!

Heck, who the hell uses over 1750mb of data to download a series of less than 220mb??

I'm sad because I lost a lot of late, and these thieves are still fleecing me of this hard cash.

On 13th of this month I subscribed for 12gb + 12gb bonus for N3500, that finished within a week, I wondered and wondered how that magic happened, I only download a course on quick books less than 2GB.

NOW today I've been trying to download Loki Episode 3(less than 220mb). As I'm so short of cash, I had to wait till now(night browsing) to download it. I first subscribed to 500mb @ N50, lo and behold, it was gone in few minutes, my download isn't even up to 50mb, did another 250mb hoping it would covered it, still gone, less than 65mb, did another 500mb, that one still gone! and 500mb again, that one too was gone, and my file is still 197mb(check last pic)

MTN-NG as una take cheat me tonight, an so God go take punish una, if nor be say Glo no good for my neighborhood, why I go dey use una yeye sim?? Na to go buy airtel now. God punish una big time aswear.

Ps. No background program is running on my PC or phone, I totally disabled all ‘f that, this’s for those that’d say that my background programs are possibly eating up my data.

This thing has had happened over and over again, I should have called out these thieves earlier, this one just pain me reach ma marrow. Na who get money dey troway am.

MTN-NG, again God punish una. Una go soon jam customer wet go deal with una physically.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by BaEnki(m): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2021
These guys are basically thieves, NCC isn't doing a proper job, they aren't protecting our interest, they are more interested in the revenue and kickbacks they get from these guys.

My 1750MB isn't accountable for, that's a point-blank stealing FFS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Mjshexy(f): 12:30am On Jun 25, 2021
MTN-NG are the biggest thieves of the century, crazy network angry

2 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by socy(m): 12:46am On Jun 25, 2021
airtel dey show me the same pepper

3 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 25, 2021
You never see anything, grin cheesy na now you wake up?? Go get yourself a glo sim..
If I sub #1500 = 3GB+ and #6000 bonus airtime to call any network.
Then I support it with night plan. #100= 1GB for 5days. cool
Modified.. it's actually #1500= 4.1GB (3.5GB day and 600mb night)

13 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by kindlyheart: 6:26am On Jun 25, 2021
I noticed something similar with one of my sim. I don't use upto 50% of my sub before it finishes

2 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by taiwiki(m): 6:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Airtel has been doing the same for some days now. I initially thought it was my phone then I put on data saver, started using lite apps and avoided some apps too.

Then two nights ago, I subscribed for 250mb night plan and downloaded something less than 100mb then sit finished.

3 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by phemmyfour: 7:41am On Jun 25, 2021
Airtel is the chairman

8 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by udede(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:
You never see anything, grin cheesy na now you wake up?? Go get yourself a glo sim..
my brother telling me how to do that.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by josh123(m): 8:27am On Jun 25, 2021
MTN na thief dem be. Coded robbers

3 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Vulcanheph(m): 8:30am On Jun 25, 2021
Let me give you a warning:
NEVER YOU DO FULL SUBSCRIPTION WITH MTN.

The only advantage MTN has is their strong and stable network.
So if you wanna do any data plans with MTN simply do short term plans like
1GB -#500 for 1 week
Daily Subscription
IG/Tik tok subscription -#200 for 1 week

MTN are too fond of deducting data when you are browsing especially if you are downloading.

Simply use either 9mobile or Airtel for your full monthly subscription.

3 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by najoomey(m): 8:44am On Jun 25, 2021
Na so dem dey do to wipe nightlife data they will slowed your network and exhaust your data without using the same amount of data

3 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by CallmeKola(m): 9:05am On Jun 25, 2021
I keep seeing this all over Nairaland, and honestly, it's hard for me to relate. I'm no MTN marketer or anything, but if we're being truthful, MTN offers the best value for money as regards data. I do the 40GB for 5K and it serves me wonderfully well.
I track my data usage with the MTN app, Internet Speed Meter Lite and my phone's data usage counter and it all tallies.
Now, OP, I can see you were downloading or downloaded a torrent file. You should know that torrent files also seed; they are uploaded. Loki S01E03 is a very new release which means that there'll be a lot of seeders and your upload is very likely to be more than your download. If you're doubting, use an Internet speed meter that shows both upload and download speeds and see the speed at which the file is being seeded (uploaded). Very possible it's way more than your download. Also, try to delete the torrents (not the downloaded files o) after you've downloaded them cos once uTorrent is open, all the other ones you've downloaded will also seed.
But please, I'm not dismissing what you're saying and everything I've said is subject to correction. But try to properly check and track your data usage. Thanks.

15 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Allbutty: 9:33am On Jun 25, 2021
CallmeKola:
I keep seeing this all over Nairaland, and honestly, it's hard for me to relate. I'm no MTN marketer or anything, but if we're being truthful, MTN offers the best value for money as regards data. I do the 40GB for 5K and it serves me wonderfully well.
I track my data usage with the MTN app, Internet Speed Meter Lite and my phone's data usage counter and it all tallies.
Now, OP, I can see you were downloading or downloaded a torrent file. You should know that torrent files also seed; they are uploaded. Loki S01E03 is a very new release which means that there'll be a lot of seeders and your upload is very likely to be more than your download. If you're doubting, use an Internet speed meter that shows both upload and download speeds and see the speed at which the file is being seeded (uploaded). Very possible it's way more than your download. Also, try to delete the torrents (not the downloaded files o) after you've downloaded them cos once uTorrent is open, all the other ones you've downloaded will also seed.
But please, I'm not dismissing what you're saying and everything I've said is subject to correction. But try to properly check and track your data usage. Thanks.

Mtn Supporter what’s the code for this 40gb 5k subscription.

3 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Darkseid(m): 9:37am On Jun 25, 2021
BaEnki:
Yeah, that's exactly what they are, and even more!

Heck, who the hell uses over 1750mb of data to download a series of less than 220mb??

I'm sad because I lost a lot of late, and these thieves are still fleecing me of this hard cash.

On 13th of this month I subscribed for 12gb + 12gb bonus for N3500, that finished within a week, I wondered and wondered how that magic happened, I only download a course on quick books less than 2GB.

NOW today I've been trying to download Loki Episode 3(less than 220mb). As I'm so short of cash, I had to wait till now(night browsing) to download it. I first subscribed to 500mb @ N50, lo and behold, it was gone in few minutes, my download isn't even up to 50mb, did another 250mb hoping it would covered it, still gone, less than 65mb, did another 500mb, that one still gone! and 500mb again, that one too was gone, and my file is still 197mb(check last pic)

MTN-NG as una take cheat me tonight, an so God go take punish una, if nor be say Glo no good for my neighborhood, why I go dey use una yeye sim?? Na to go buy airtel now. God punish una big time aswear.

Ps. No background program is running on my PC or phone, I totally disabled all ‘f that, this’s for those that’d say that my background programs are possibly eating up my data.

This thing has had happened over and over again, I should have called out these thieves earlier, this one just pain me reach ma marrow. Na who get money dey troway am.

MTN-NG, again God punish una. Una go soon jam customer wet go deal with una physically.
Funny man, you're using windows 10 and still complaining. Windows 10 will keep downloading updates in the background, sometimes with size more than 5GB and when It's interrupted, it'll most likely start afresh. You need to set your WiFi as a metered connection or manually disable windows update from "services". Until then, your lamentations will continue.

I've been using MTN for many years and my data usage always corresponds to my data balance.

5 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by BaEnki(m): 9:45am On Jun 25, 2021
CallmeKola:

Bros thanks for noticing that but I'm certainly not a noob when it comes to all these things. I'm certainly well-grounded in the tech world, I've been using torrent to get most of my files for the past 4 years.

To reduce seeding I already set my upload limit to just 2kb/s I know when I'm been cheated, and I was thoroughly cheated. It wasn't the first time. It's been happening over, and over again, even when I wasn't getting files from torrent.

MTN-NG are thieves & rippers EOD. I've been ripped multiple times by these guys.

4 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by CallmeKola(m): 9:47am On Jun 25, 2021
BaEnki:

Bros thanks for noticing that but I'm certainly not a noob when it comes to all these things. I'm certainly well-grounded in the tech world, I've been using torrent to get most of my files for the past 4 years.

To reduce seeding I already set my upload limit to just 2kb/s I know when I'm been cheated, and I was thoroughly cheated. It wasn't the first time. It's been happening over, and over again, even when I wasn't getting files from torrent.

MTN-NG are thieves & rippers EOD. I've been ripped multiple times by these guys.

Oh, great, then. Have you checked your data usage? See what exactly is draining your data?
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by CallmeKola(m): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Allbutty:

Mtn Supporter what’s the code for this 40gb 5k subscription.

Lol. I no be MTN supporter. I was just dropping my two cents. The 40GB subscription is an offer. Dial *121*3# to check if it's available for you too. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by BaEnki(m): 9:50am On Jun 25, 2021
Darkseid:

Funny man, you're using windows 10 and still complaining. Windows 10 will keep downloading updates in the background, sometimes with size more than 5GB and when It's interrupted, it'll most likely start afresh. You need to set your WiFi as a metered connection or manually disable windows update from "services". Until then, your lamentations will continue.

I've been using MTN for many years and my data usage always corresponds to my data balance.

Bros you know read well wetin I typed, I don do all that. I know these things you guys are saying. I've taken maximum precaution prior.

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Onyeka90210(m): 9:54am On Jun 25, 2021
BaEnki:

Nah, MTN own no reach like this, it’s windows 10 update bros, once you connect to hotspots it starts downloading, the only way to stop it is to permanently disable the windows 10 update service from task manager, go to services, one wua service like that, stop the service and change it to start manually., tho it’s stubborn, it comes back some times, whenever I want to hotspot my PC I use android so I can monitor the speed, if it’s high, I know there’s something going on. There’s a high chance it’s windows 10. Most people don’t know this. If you didn’t hotspot your PC, and it zapped completely, check iCloud back up and all, but it’s definitely windows 10, can zap data, and you won’t even notice, till you’re alerted 100mb left
Same thing would happen if you're using airtel or GLO, I use both mtn and airtel, and I have experienced what you're experiencing, until I disabled the windows , that was when the data zap stopped.
MTN cannot come and zap all your data like that, if they wanted to they'll do it in a cleaner way. Check your portable hotspot usage on your iphone

2 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by seanwilliam(m): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:

Bro I sub 1500 -7g glo , I use am finish every 3days . Funnily enough I’m about to create topic on data plans. I also subcribe 500 to mtn almost everyday . I’m spending up to 25k on data monthly.

Pls what other plans do u know
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2021
seanwilliam:

Bro I sub 1500 -7g glo , I use am finish every 3days . Funnily enough I’m about to create topic on data plans. I also subcribe 500 to mtn almost everyday . I’m spending up to 25k on data monthly.

Pls what other plans do u know
shocked what apps do you use??
But see wetin I dey do
I use #100 - 500mb for WhatsApp,Facebook, twitter and Instagram (you can accumulate as much as you want). Cause I noticed that these apps consume alot of data , especially Facebook. Then I use the #100- 1GB night plan to download . Na so I dey run am o cool

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2021
CallmeKola:

Lol. I no be MTN supporter. I was just dropping my two cents. The 40GB subscription is an offer. Dial *121*3# to check if it's available for you too. Cheers.
This Mtn 40GB go be like 20GB grin
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by oyemomilara: 11:09am On Jun 25, 2021
Me wey just dump Airtel for Mtn. Airtel are thieves. I monitor my data usage using my phone data counter, but their customer representatives would be telling me that there's no foul play. My phone would be telling me that I just used 1.5gb, and these thieves would say it's 4gb. Chai.

6 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by DannyJ19(m): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2021
Airtel just did same thing with me now.. I just subscribe to the 1gb for #300 daily plan so as to download The Ice Road..

The download is still at 55mb yet Airtel sent an SMS of less that 50mb remaining. and the download is yet to be completed.

2 Likes

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by tosaino95(m): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2021
taiwiki:
Airtel has been doing the same for some days now. I initially thought it was my phone then I put on data saver, started using lite apps and avoided some apps too.

Then two nights ago, I subscribed for 250mb night plan and downloaded something less than 100mb then sit finished.
I use airtel network but i didn't face such issue yesterday night i did night sub to download Pes mobile 21 and it downloaded all files complete even with it Commentary Data Tho.
maybe it's your APN ( Access Point Network ) Configuration Settings try to change to Airtel.ng.internet.com it work Better than Other APN.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by tosaino95(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2021
I prefer Airtel among all networks in Nigeria Try MTN,Glo and Etisalat. but my home for browsing and Calling is Airtel.

1 Like

Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by bebefille13(f): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:
Share the code for getting 3GB + N6000 bonus airtime for N1500
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by ddjay: 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
its like you are just knowing this, for over 20 years mtn has been in this crazy business
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Ajilenu: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
Me sef tire for them
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Ajilenu: 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
mperornero:
the problem is the network service. It can be quite slow sometimes.
Re: MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards by Ajilenu: 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
taiwiki:

its the service providers. They just have a way of doing crazy things

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Good Are Phones From Slot? / Cnn Live Application On Your Mobile / Send Ur Birthday Wish To Infobaba Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.