Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! (60741 Views)

Militaries Ammo Stocks Low As Ukraine War Drags - NATO, British Officials / Militaries Of Africa Thread / Top Strongest Militaries In The World 2022 (20 Most Powerful Militaries) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Blackdisciple(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nigeriadondie:
Israel is overrated.

They don't need the rating but go and touch them first ..
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
God1stson:

Says who. India key, China is competing with US and u are saying india, india no be france and UK mate let alone China

Search and show me just one site where France and UK are ranked above India.

Just one site!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ayo2004:

So India has better military than Germany

I can see that many of you need to read more.

The German Army is no match for the Indian Army. The German Army is living on past glories.

Many of you need to read about the Indian Army.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mangekyo:

https://armedforces.eu/compare/country_United_Kingdom_vs_Japan

Enter this website, select any country you want, and hit the "compare" button to compare their military with Japan. You would be shocked
I did this and by comparison UK and France fared poorly (unless you added atomic bombs) but Pakistan is far better than Japan
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by mrkings84(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
samuel19222:
Damnnn niggarrr issoright, see better countries, unlike Nigeria army wey their motto na Victory is from God alone!

una for dey carry Bible and Quran go war intead of weapons

Bad mouth wii not kii u
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by HigherEd: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

There's nothing you can't see on nairaland. Israel more powerful than China in aerial combat cheesy

I need your brand of weed
Many of you come online to parrot things you know little about.

How is Chiña's airforce superb? Please tell me. In case you don't know the vast majority of Chiña's most current fleet where based on stolen and improperly developed tech. They are chinko planes. Reason you don't see many countries lining up to buy them! They buy Russian Sukhois, US F series, French Dassault Rafales, Eurofighter typhoons. Even China buys lots of Russian made weapons to make up for its own inferior product line.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by BinamRex: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2021
hedonido:

That's not even an accurate comparison. Out of the so-called $2.1 billion USD budgeted, at least $1.5 billion would go to private pockets of corrupt military fat cats, politicians and Middle Men. Whatever is left is what you should compare to anything else.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by HigherEd: 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
FoolishBoy419:

So in your mind, Israel is more powerful than India, and Saudi Arabia is more powerful than the likes of Iran, Pakistan, and North Korea. Lol
India is a strong force. Yes. But it's major strength is her size which becomes less important in modern warfare.
Most military confrontation in today's world would be fought on air or sea. Not on land.

India air Force is no match for Israel's believe it or not.
Yes, Saudi is controversial in that they lack battle experience. But hey, they are the fourth largest spenders on military equipment globally for sometime now.
That counts for a lot of massive fire power. They have outperform anyone in Asia on fire power. Whether they can convert that to a win is yet to be seen.

There's nothing to North korea, leave all that bragaddocio Kim makes. A country where half the army are suffering from hunger lol.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Samabu07(m): 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Huh I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Israel's airforce is the fourth to fifth best in the world. Matches the French or British airforce. And can infact significantly defeat the Chinese airforce in aerial combat because it has a better fleet of well performing American fighter jets that has been even enhanced by Israeli engineers. Infact the only adversaries that convincingly beat the Israeli airforce is Russia and USA. But mind you, during the war of attrition at Sinai, it did overpower Soviet airforce.

Infact Israel has a better understanding of US made fighter jets lol because it is always
illegally invading and evading Syrian and Iranian airspace and frequently encounters live Russian systems and knows which ones are really a threat unlike US airforce that can only predict by theory.

Remains one of the five countries in the world that can shoot out a satellite from space. And the only country that can shoot a dangerous incoming nuclear powered ICBM even before it reenters Earth's atmosphere with it's Arrow3 system.

Has the best integrated air defense system in the world. Protected at 2500km by Arrow3, Arrow2 at 1500km, David Sling at 250km, Iron Dome at 70km and newly Iron Beam (laser tech to complement iron dome). Lastly, the Barack8 jointly designed with India protects it's shores.

Heard of Heron Drone? The fifth best UAV in the world is the best in the middle East, only Turkey can mildly compete with drone technology.

Heard of it's Merkava tank? They are the only indigenous tank specifically built for the middle East terrain. You don't want to see that sh*t in battle. Israel's enemies mostly use American tanks that are not suitable for that terrain.

Heard of its Air To Surface Missile, the "Delilah" tasked within destroying a nations air defense system before Israel's airforce swarms an airspace. It would take out the best Russian S500,400 and 300.

Israel's JerichoIII surface to air can strike targets as far as Abuja, Capetown, Alaska. Anywhere in the world really. Her land forces are some of the best trained in the world with a large supply of well trained reservists to make for the small numbers.

Her Shateyetet special forces are just as good as US Navy seals or Delta force.

The only average segment of Israeli Military is the Navy. This is because Israel's military doctrine is defensive not offensive. And israels problems can mostly come aerially and from land. Not sea.

Not putting Israel on that makes the list a perfect joke.
Many of you measure Israel's military with her crisis with Gaza. Not knowing it is only handling Hamas with kid gloves. Let Iran directly try nonsense that day you would see premium tears in the middle East.

You are quite knowledgeable with the state of Israel defence systems.
I have read about them recently. I do like the way you made your points though.
Your post reminds me of book I read about Mossad few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by berrystunn(m): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
drakeli:

North Korea is nothing but empty barrel making noise. Thanks to the media that put them in the limelight

Hahahaha you think the white man will want to promote North Korea?

Even when they know there position.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by donmik: 7:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Israel's airforce is the fourth to fifth best in the world. Matches the French or British airforce. And can infact significantly defeat the Chinese airforce in aerial combat because it has a better fleet of well performing American fighter jets that has been even enhanced by Israeli engineers. Infact the only adversaries that convincingly beat the Israeli airforce is Russia and USA. But mind you, during the war of attrition at Sinai, it did overpower Soviet airforce.

Infact Israel has a better understanding of US made fighter jets lol because it is always
illegally invading and evading Syrian and Iranian airspace and frequently encounters live Russian systems and knows which ones are really a threat unlike US airforce that can only predict by theory.

Remains one of the five countries in the world that can shoot out a satellite from space. And the only country that can shoot a dangerous incoming nuclear powered ICBM even before it reenters Earth's atmosphere with it's Arrow3 system.

Has the best integrated air defense system in the world. Protected at 2500km by Arrow3, Arrow2 at 1500km, David Sling at 250km, Iron Dome at 70km and newly Iron Beam (laser tech to complement iron dome). Lastly, the Barack8 jointly designed with India protects it's shores.

Heard of Heron Drone? The fifth best UAV in the world is the best in the middle East, only Turkey can mildly compete with drone technology.

Heard of it's Merkava tank? They are the only indigenous tank specifically built for the middle East terrain. You don't want to see that sh*t in battle. Israel's enemies mostly use American tanks that are not suitable for that terrain.

Heard of its Air To Surface Missile, the "Delilah" tasked within destroying a nations air defense system before Israel's airforce swarms an airspace. It would take out the best Russian S500,400 and 300.

Israel's JerichoIII surface to air can strike targets as far as Abuja, Capetown, Alaska. Anywhere in the world really. Her land forces are some of the best trained in the world with a large supply of well trained reservists to make for the small numbers.

The only average segment of Israeli Military is the Navy. This is because Israel's military doctrine is defensive not offensive. And israels problems can mostly come aerially and from land. Not sea.

Many of you measure Israel's military with her crisis with Gaza. Not knowing it is only handling Hamas with kid gloves. Let Iran directly try nonsense that day you would see premium tears in the middle East.

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by samuel19222(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
mrkings84:

Bad mouth wii not kii u

i do brush my teeth regularly
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by discusant: 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mangekyo:

Source ; https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/24/5-most-powerful-armies-world.html/amp

Glad you did not include one armed forces in one sub Saharan African country that specializes in killing it’s country’s youths because the youths reject the political structure and constitution created by soldiers from one region of the country; the government refuses to listen to yearnings to restructure the unjust political system; the youths took to secessionist moves from the country; the armed forces are now being used by a section of the country holding apex political power, to massacre the dissenting youths.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by Nassry009(m): 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2021
I didn't say Isreal is overrated oo but those of you thinking Isreal have everything by themselves or they produce their military hardware shoud try and read the Pacific treaty between the Isreal and the US, after that come back for enlightenment
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by UGBE634: 7:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
yongg:

No not so bro... Their sheer amount is alot, then talk about nuclear dominance, very active industries, home grown and wide range... And strong nationalistic ideals... Their rival neighbor as almost just as good... They even produce their own jets
Their rival neighbour * is*
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by noisy45(m): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

God bless you for that analysis it was in Syria that Israeli fighter jets bomb 2 Russian fighter jets and Russia couldn't do anything I will never forget.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by noisy45(m): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
richeeyo:

Which country did attack America on its home soil and killed over 3000men
Japan

You people know nothing
After that came the defensive formation

Americans will never forget Japanese attacks on it navy at pearl harbor.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by HigherEd: 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Samabu07:

You are quite knowledgeable with the state of Israel defence systems.
I have read about them recently. I do like the way you made your points though.
Your post reminds me of book I read about Mossad few weeks ago.
Hmm thanks. Can you please recommend me the book?
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by yongg: 8:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
UGBE634:
Their rival neighbour * is*

smh, lols
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 8:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
perdollar:
all Muslim countries put together including Turkey, Albania, Iran etc WL tell u that u r joking.
Turkey has a stronger military than Israel kid

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by perdollar(m): 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
NewDelhi:

Turkey has a stronger military than Israel kid
Dotard! Israel is not Armenia.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by NewDelhi(m): 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
perdollar:
Dotard! Israel is not Armenia.
Okay, this is the 2021 power index. Your beloved israel comes at number 20. https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.php. They are no match for even Iran.

A country is not labelled powerful by intercepting wack missiles from wack countries like Lebanon and Syria wey be like knockout. When they start intercepting tomahawk cruise missiles or AGM-129A from North Korea then we will take their so called iron dome serious.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by UGBE634: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
yongg:

smh, lols
I just checked to see if you've effected correction, then i saw the other one. It's okay man, it's nothing really.

1 Like

Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by DONFASZY(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
TemmyDayo50:

battle sticks grin
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by DONFASZY(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Renforce:

Buhari's IQ is a chemical weapon of doom cheesy
shocked shocked cool shocked shocked shocked cry cry
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by OsusTroller: 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Japan is not even allowed to have an offensive military so how did they get so high?
Pakistan, France, Britain, Israel could have filled that last spot
Isreal is overrated.
Only dumb Nigeria christains are carried away by their shenanigans
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by templemount: 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by templemount: 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Japan is not even allowed to have an offensive military so how did they get so high?
Pakistan, France, Britain, Israel could have filled that last spot
dont mind d op.he knows nothing.forget about Pakistan cos ordinary Egypt is far ahead of them
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by lapazi(m): 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
Elock1:

My guy Israel is not overrated anything.
You think it's easy to be surrounded by extreme Jihadi terrorists trying to exterminate you every second.

You lots don’t know shht abt anything

The only reason Isreal is standing there is because of their nuclear arsenals, that’s why they’d never agree for any other country to have it in that region.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by templemount: 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
Elock1:

My guy Israel is not overrated anything.
You think it's easy to be surrounded by extreme Jihadi terrorists trying to exterminate you every second.
Educate them cos they don't know
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by sangresan(m): 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
HigherEd:

Lol bro i wonder.
Japan is an untested military. I'd even rank South Korea ahead of them.

In reality if you rank them by equipment, size, tech, experience I'd say it goes thus.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) Britain
5) France
6) Israel
7) India
cool Turkey
9) South Korea
10) Saudi Arabia

Some of you quoting Japan smh. Know this, Japan and Germany both currently suffer national PTSD from the consequences of the nuclear attack on Japan and regrets of the Germans during world war 2. Therefore their countries have limited hugely military advancement. Japanese troops are not even allowed foreign deployment hence don't have combat experience for more than 50 years now.

That you even put Saudi Arabia in the top 10 shows you don't know anything.
Re: 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! by templemount: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jesuyinka01:
But israel is not in the list na

Who are Indian
my guy ask them oooo.what india?india that knows nothing about warfare

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Donald Trump Admits That Joe Biden Won The American Presidential Election / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest / US Election 2020: Biden Prepares For Presidency, Launches Transition Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.