Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,330 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving (1420 Views)

Transportation Business With Toyota Sienna / Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by thaqib(m): 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
Please what can cause an SUV to be swerving on motion . If I enter a pothole just a pebble deep, the car swerve dangerously ( I think from the back). This happens at a low speed o ..

Is this how SUV behaves normally. What could be d prob and solution. To the best of my knowledge , the shocks are not bad...

Please help a bro
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by gasparpisciotta: 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
thaqib:
Please what can cause an SUV to be swerving on motion . If I enter a pothole just a pebble deep, the car swerve dangerously ( I think from the back). This happens at a low speed o ..

Is this how SUV behaves normally. What could be d prob and solution. To the best of my knowledge , the shocks are not bad...

Please help a bro

Change the stabilizer linkage

1 Like

Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by Hoodbilonia: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
Linkage,bad steering rack,bad alignment, bad tyres

2 Likes

Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by thaqib(m): 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
Thank for your inputs. The mechanic checked the vehincle and found that three out of the shock absorber is bad. So I changed the shock absorber and the linkages in all the wheel and did alignment.
the swerving upon stepping or coming down from a little bump had stopped/ reduced

However the car still swerves dangerously. This characteristically happen on a wet ground. Not on dry. I then changed the set of back tyres that is bad but alas, the swerving on little sleep still here.
Today's rain made it more obvious. I hear some little noise on turning d steering on the driver side, especially in wet weather, but the steering isn't stiff at all

Is there anything I have missee
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by Bizzyliss(m): 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Check ur steady rod under the back of the car. I think the rods are up to 4 or 6

Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by emmyN(m): 11:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
Inspect sway bar
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by thaqib(m): 8:59am On Jul 09, 2021
Aren't sway bar the linkages, I just changed them sir. Is there a relationship between wet road in particular and any components of the suspension system?
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by BamBamK: 9:06am On Jul 09, 2021
thaqib:

Please help a bro

cc
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Diportivo
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by oluwaseunla(m): 9:43am On Jul 09, 2021
thaqib:

Please help a bro

Did anyone take a look at your lower control arms yet?
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by Siberia01(m): 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2021
Na issues like this
Dey make me
Drive Peugeot 504 bestline .....
Anytime anywhere. ..
Sorry bros .......
Peugeot AC too sweet

1 Like

Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by Bizzyliss(m): 8:52am On Jul 10, 2021
Bizzyliss:
Check ur steady rod under the back of the car. I think the rods are up to 4 or 6
check this stuff and do alignment at the back too
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by OgaKazeem(m): 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
thaqib:
Thank for your inputs. The mechanic checked the vehincle and found that three out of the shock absorber is bad. So I changed the shock absorber and the linkages in all the wheel and did alignment.
the swerving upon stepping or coming down from a little bump had stopped/ reduced

However the car still swerves dangerously. This characteristically happen on a wet ground. Not on dry. I then changed the set of back tyres that is bad but alas, the swerving on little sleep still here.
Today's rain made it more obvious. I hear some little noise on turning d steering on the driver side, especially in wet weather, but the steering isn't stiff at all

Is there anything I have missee
1. which vehicle is this?
2. Does the vehicle swerve anytime on wet road or only when you step on the brakes?
if yes, check brake calipers. a stiff caliper or if there are unequal braking power applied to the tyres could cause similar symptoms.
3. also can you confidently say you have checked every component of the suspension and they a re fine?
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by thaqib(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
Swerves specifically on wet road. Not on stepping on pebbles again after absorbers and linkages have been changed. Tyres have been changed. He mechanic called some thing *bushings" . He said they are still good.
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by ksmart027(m): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
Camber bushing
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by 2felix(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2021
OgaKazeem:

1. which vehicle is this?
2. Does the vehicle swerve anytime on wet road or only when you step on the brakes?
if yes, check brake calipers. a stiff caliper or if there are unequal braking power applied to the tyres could cause similar symptoms.
3. also can you confidently say you have checked every component of the suspension and they a re fine?

Sorry bros.
Where those TOYOTA foot warriors " wen say toyota no spoil" ?
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by 2felix(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2021
thaqib:

Please help a bro

Sorry bros.
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by OgaKazeem(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
2felix:

Sorry bros. Where those TOYOTA foot warriors " wen say toyota no spoil" ?
hahahaha my brother no cause wahala ooo
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by yesloaded: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
2felix:

Sorry bros.

No car is 100% perfect

Every car has their own wahala just that some are manageable than others
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by 2felix(m): 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
yesloaded:

No car is 100% perfect

Every car has their own wahala just that some are manageable than others

My brother may God bless your soul.
How i wish the truth have a voice. I am begining to believe that illusion is bliss.
Re: Help With Toyota Highlander Swerving by yesloaded: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
2felix:

My brother may God bless your soul.
How i wish the truth have a voice. I am begining to believe that illusion is bliss.

God bless you too sir

(1) (Reply)

Way / What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? / Group For Purchase And Selling Of Quality Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.