Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? (905 Views)

The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth / Please Help,people Think I Have Mental Problem Because I Soliloquizing Alot. / How Can I Stop A Brother Who Is Addicted To Ice ( Crystal Methamphetamine).( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by yongflex20(m): 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
There is kind of a little difference between Methamphetamine(Ice or Meth) and some other illicit drugs like Alcohol, Marijuana and Indian hemp. When taking the latter, you know when you get high(intoxicated ) and stop but when taking the former, you don't get high (intoxicated ) or at least know when you get high (intoxicated) and thus you will never know when you take an overdose or know when to stop.( I'm not trying to say Marijuana is anyway better than Methamphetamine)
I checked online to see the health hazards of taking these stimulants (e.g Methamphetamine, Cocaine etc) and I saw Excessive thinking, Insomnia, psychosis and many more.
And my personal experience down here, I have a friend who is addicted to Methamphetamine(Ice or Meth), and suddenly he is acting like someone with acute mental disorder; unable to sleep, talks to himself, complaining, depressed and angry
So i'm asking, have you seen anyone that is so addicted to this Stimulant drug and also suffering from any of the above mentioned illnesses? What measured should we take to bring him to normalcy? Thank you

Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by vcente(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
These drugs were developed and designed solely for the purpose of getting individuals chemically imbalanced. This leads to addiction. When addicted you become a constant source of money supply to the producers. Period

2 Likes

Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
Meth has been one of the most addictive drugs in Western countries, its major side effect is brain shrinkage. Go to YouTube and type in "meth heads" and see how they look after a few years of taking that deadly drug.

Nigeria is now becoming the new hub of illicit drugs cos drug dealers are desperate to cash in locally. Parents, train your children ooo... This generation is now very dangerous!

2 Likes

Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Ahmed0336(m): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Afriqan:
Meth has been one of the most addictive drugs in the west, its major side effect is a shrinked brain. Go to YouTube and type in "meth heads" and see how they look after a few years of taking that deadly drug.

Nigeria is now becoming the new hub of illicit drugs cos drug dealers are desperate to cash in locally. Parents, train your children ooo... This generation is now very dangerous!

You'd spoke well.

Come to Abuja and see wonders. Used to think crack houses are only found in the west but I was wrong. We have crack houses here in Abuja.

NDLEA needs to do more, trace the source of this drug. Many youths here are addicted and needs help.
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by gentlestdude(m): 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
whatever you do son, stay away from banku and ice..
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
mtcheeeew!!
''if you can't afford it, don't criticize it''
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
poor man no dey do drugs.....

if you are poor, stay away from anything called drugs because you will always receive the bad side of it!!

rich men no get problem with drugs.... know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by emae009(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
the answer is in the name.. "meth...." "mental"

1 Like

Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by TradeFxMT5: 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
It's called wotowoto in some parts grin grin

Try dey use Bunker

No dey carry am Raw

Only those who know
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by TradeFxMT5: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
You kill mosquito?? grin grin grin

Na your matter everybody dey talk grin grin grin

Omooor Ice na weyrey

Only those who know....
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by illicit(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2021
The day I carried one olosho

I didn't know she was a meth junkie

Mehn that night was fvcked
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ahmed0336:

You'd spoke well.

Come to Abuja and see wonders. Used to think crack houses are only found in the west but I was wrong. We have crack houses here in Abuja.

NDLEA needs to do more, trace the source of this drug. Many youths here are addicted and needs help.

When I referred to the West, I was talking about European and American countries, not the Southwest...
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Ahmed0336(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Afriqan:

When I referred to the West, I was talking about European and American countries, not the Southwest...

I don't mean south west either.

I understood what you wrote
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Meth can be very addictive. It causes drug induced psychosis. I don't know what people see in doing drugs. I have had conversations with drug addicts and I keep on hearing the same bullshit which is the "highness effect". But what is the endgame in all these if not to live the rest of your life as wacko.

For that your friend, he will need to taper the dose. He will also need to see a psychiatrist or therapist.
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ahmed0336:

I don't mean south west either.

I understood what you wrote

Ok boss.
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by kaptaintintin: 1:04am On Jun 28, 2021
TradeFxMT5:
It's called wotowoto in some parts grin grin

Try dey use Bunker

No dey carry am Raw

Only those who know

See advise... Crackhead spotted grin
Re: Can Methamphetamine(ice Or Meth) Cause Mental Problem? by TradeFxMT5: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2021
kaptaintintin:

See advise... Crackhead spotted grin

I dun give am space gaaan

E get Y grin grin

(1) (Reply)

6 Things You Must Avoid As A Man If You Want To Remain Fertile And Live Long / Have You Done HIV Test? / How To Stop Morning Breath In Less Than 45 Seconds Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.