Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion (3469 Views)

JAMB: Farook Kperogi's Suggestion On UTME / University Of Ibadan Post Jamb Update / JAMB UPDATE: How To Correct Your Data After JAMB 2018/2019 Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Admob090(m): 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Over 4 million people sat for jamb exam and it happens to be only 352,000 people scored 150 above. The worse jamb score ever in this country

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Admob090(m): 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Admob090:
Over 4 million people sat for jamb exam and it happens to be only 352,000 people scored 150 above. The worse jamb score ever in this country

Any suggestions for jamb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by lilvicky68(m): 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
Admob090:

Any suggestions for jamb
I know the stress in Nigeria is much but you young ones should be more focused on your education and leave unnecessary things for elders..rather than coming here to complain why not start reading drastically for next year jamb..
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by ExpressBooking(m): 1:30am On Jun 28, 2021
Admob090:

What do u expect from a country that celebrates mediocrity. Everyone is interested in Big Brother, Bitcoin, Yahoo, Social media influencing and Twitter.

So education for the youth is nothing to write home about and government has done practically nothing to address that. Teachers have to lowest morale and salary in this country. How can students excel.

Its good news for jamb as they keep making money from sale of forms. Imagine 4 million registration forms at 4,000 naira, thats 16 billion in one year. Next year the value goes higher

Welcome to Nigeria.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by FreeStuffsNG: 1:32am On Jun 28, 2021
Admob090:

Any suggestions for jamb
Really? It's not the fault of JAMB. This is a reminder of what Bishop Oyedepo said about the social media taking away the destiny of a lot of people and especially the youths. Most of the students are wasting their lives and time away on the social media including here on Nairaland and Twitter that their bitter elder brothers are telling them to use VPN to access even after the suspension of Twitter . The young ones have used VPN as you advised and they used it to keep their distractions going on and they have failed; results have shown that they were not reading, just like their elder youthful brothers who spend all day on the social media .
To the credit of JAMB ,there are now more sophisticated ways to keep cheats away and ensure it is only those who actually study merit admission placements.
My advice to any serious student out there is; Quit the social media . Quit all of them including Nairaland and face your studies. If any information is really important, it will reach you, it is not your job to chase updates, for now , your primary obligation is to study hard and pass to secure admission in top universities on merit.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Really? It's not the fault of JAMB. This is a reminder of what Bishop Oyedepo said about the social media taking away the destiny of a lot of people and especially the youths. Most of the students are wasting their lives and time away on the social media including here on Nairaland and Twitter that their bitter elder brothers are telling them to use VPN to access even after the suspension of Twitter . The young ones have used VPN as you advised and they used it to keep their distractions going on and they have failed; results have shown that they were not reading, just like their elder youthful brothers who spend all day on the social media .
To the credit of JAMB ,there are now more sophisticated ways to keep cheats away and ensure it is only those who actually study merit admission placements.
My advice to any serious student out there is; Quit the social media . Quit all of them including Nairaland and face your studies. If any information is really important, it will reach you, it is not your job to chase updates, for now , your primary obligation is to study hard and pass to secure admission in top universities on merit.

abeg shutup ,there are millions of serious student.
go and ask jamb why they are manipulating peoples score

2 Likes

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by FreeStuffsNG: 2:08am On Jun 28, 2021
sEHvAH:

abeg shutup , there are millions of serious student.
go and ask jamb why they are manipulating peoples score
I see. Your sentence construction alone gave you away. With this manner you construct your sentences, then I don't need to go far to know the "million student" failure.

JAMB does not need to manipulate scores in order to fail a student who spends all day on the social media, the student has already failed.
JAMB should not lower its standard, rather should find a way to get parents and guardians on board more.

JAMB should also do analysis of each candidate's result and use it to match the progress of students sitting for the exam more than once, with a view to limiting those who are not improving or fail to improve after certain number of trials.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
I see. Your sentence construction alone gave you away. With this manner you construct your sentences, then I don't need to go far to know the "million student" failure.

JAMB does not need to manipulate scores in order to fail a student who spends all day on the social media, the student has already failed.
JAMB should not lower its standard, rather should find a way to get parents and guardians on board more.

JAMB should also do analysis of each candidate's result and use it to match the progress of students sitting for the exam more than once, with a view to limiting those who are not improving or fail to improve after certain number of trials.

Baba no be everybody dey social media...
If you are certain go and read shebi you sabi serious well well, It will shock you won't score 250.
Its not social media.
I passed so its not that I failed, but these people been manipulating peoples destiny Don Tey, because na government organisations dey will always cover their evil.
can't you ask yourself why must the scores come from Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Sir 2012 I scored 245 first choice NDA
2013 I scored 235 first choice NDA
2014 I scored 217 first choice NDA
2015 I scored 213 First choice NDA I couldn't get admission into NDA
Then 2016 I changed my first choice to regular University I scored 174 then
2017 I scored the same 174
Then I refused to write jamb 2018-2020 and this year I decided to write again and this time Unilag is my first choice I scored 173 I'm really disappointed sir, worst of it'll I'm depressed and tired

4 Likes

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 4:29am On Jun 28, 2021
Hizzy:

Then I refused to write jamb 2018-2020 and this year I decided to write again and this time Unilag is my first choice I scored 173 I'm really disappointed sir, worst of it'll I'm depressed and tired

since 2012 you have been looking for admission?

Interesting....very interesting

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 4:30am On Jun 28, 2021
Admob090:
where did you get your statistics from??

Only 1.2 million registered for jamb this year

Many did not register because of NIN issue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by FreeStuffsNG: 5:04am On Jun 28, 2021
Hizzy:

Eeya...I understand. Did you see that there's a decline in your grades ? ....and this can be due to a lot of factors . Curiously, these same grades could have landed you admission in low rated, less competitive schools but I believe there's a reason you choose competitive schools; you clearly know what you want unlike many others.

Now here's where you need to focus on; between what you want and where you are now is a lot of hardwork in order to achieve your dream.The moment you land your admission in your choice of university and course, it will no longer mean much to you again whether it took longer or not.

Success always leaves a trail. To pass JAMB requires extra hardwork, speed and accuracy especially if you are taking the science subjects. You can fail if you are accurate but slow and you can fail if you're fast but innacurate. For this reason, you must focus on your strategy of using the syllabus and make sure you cover everyone of the topics to increase your chances of success , solve all the past questions and make sure you practice every time with a stop watch.

Always go over all the questions you missed and keep your formulas or mnemonic in your head. Cut away social media. Ask your friends who passed by dint of hardwork, how they studied and pick their brain even on the textbook and materials they used. There's no way you will cover all the topics, past questions like 10 times, be on average of 85% after several intense practice that you will not score like 70% in the 4 subjects at least. That gives you 280 and place you above the fray of popular scores .

You need luck and prayers too, and probably change in location or /and friends. Don't take anything for granted. And don't give up. In this life, dreams come true . Forget the naysayers, you will proof them right with your success eventually. Start preparing for the next JAMB right away. Quit the self pity, exams score is your creation, create a better one through the strategies I suggested and don't forget again; Quit the social media!!! It's toxic and addictive and you can survive without the social media !!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Damscodammy1(m): 5:35am On Jun 28, 2021
4 milli bawo?
The statistics for this year is around 1.2milli naοΏ½

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:02am On Jun 28, 2021
Is like people still dont know the kind of damage social media has done to the young ones.The negativity outweighs the positively with a very width margin. Kids dont read books again. If they aint surfing one nonsense on the net, they are busy taking drugs and fucking themselves. Is that bad I tell you guys.

Go to instagram and you will see how bad things have turned into.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Commentor: 6:34am On Jun 28, 2021
Hizzy:

8 years writing Jamb.

6 Likes

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Obc1234(m): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2021
4m
Oga why you too dey lie like this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Eeya...I understand. Did you see that there's a decline in your grades ? ....and this can be due to a lot of factors . Curiously, these same grades could have landed you admission in low rated, less competitive schools but I believe there's a reason you choose competitive schools; you clearly know what you want unlike many others.

Now here's where you need to focus on; between what you want and where you are now is a lot of hardwork in order to achieve your dream.The moment you land your admission in your choice of university and course, it will no longer mean much to you again whether it took longer or not.

Success always leaves a trail. To pass JAMB requires extra hardwork, speed and accuracy especially if you are taking the science subjects. You can fail if you are accurate but slow and you can fail if you're fast but innacurate. For this reason, you must focus on your strategy of using the syllabus and make sure you cover everyone of the topics to increase your chances of success , solve all the past questions and make sure you practice every time with a stop watch.

Always go over all the questions you missed and keep your formulas or mnemonic in your head. Cut away social media. Ask your friends who passed by dint of hardwork, how they studied and pick their brain even on the textbook and materials they used. There's no way you will cover all the topics, past questions like 10 times, be on average of 85% after several intense practice that you will not score like 70% in the 4 subjects at least. That gives you 280 and place you above the fray of popular scores .

You need luck and prayers too, and probably change in location or /and friends. Don't take anything for granted. And don't give up. In this life, dreams come true . Forget the naysayers, you will proof them right with your success eventually. Start preparing for the next JAMB right away. Quit the self pity, exams score is your creation, create a better one through the strategies I suggested and don't forget again; Quit the social media!!! It's toxic and addictive and you can survive without the social media !!
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 28, 2021
Organicist95:
since 2012 you have been looking for admission?

Interesting....very interesting
It's not interesting
I'm tired
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 28, 2021
Commentor:

8 years writing Jamb.
Bro is that all you have to say
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Commentor: 7:34am On Jun 28, 2021
Hizzy:

Bro is that all you have to say
I'm flabbergasted.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 28, 2021
Commentor:

I'm flabbergasted.
I need your advice plz
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Cinema4d: 8:12am On Jun 28, 2021
Something's fishy about this years utme exams. I know a very brilliant guy that scored 152, and in the previous ones he wrote,he scored nothing less than 245...so what's happening this year?

1 Like

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Jamestown123: 8:12am On Jun 28, 2021
sEHvAH:

Baba no be everybody dey social media...
If you are certain go and read shebi you sabi serious well well, It will shock you won't score 250.
Its not social media.
I passed so its not that I failed, but these people been manipulating peoples destiny Don Tey, because na government organisations dey will always cover their evil.
can't you ask yourself why must the scores come from Abuja.
You bin want the score to come from Accra before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by duro4chang(m): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2021
Organicist95:
where did you get your statistics from??

Only 1.2 million registered for jamb this year

Many did not register because of NIN issue
Actually,the performance of the candidates are generally poor.I have helped about 50 candidates to check their results, Only 12 candidates git 200 and above.

1 Like

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Abumuslim: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2021
Cinema4d:
Something's fishy about this years utme exams. I know a very brilliant guy that scored 152, and in the previous ones he wrote,he scored nothing less than 245...so what's happening this year?

Naso we see am
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Abumuslim: 8:24am On Jun 28, 2021
Hizzy:
I need your advice plz
Oga try enter poly or state uni time dey go 8 years no be beans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 28, 2021
Abumuslim:

Oga try enter poly or state uni time dey go 8 years no be beans.
Okay

3 Likes

Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2021
Jamestown123:
You bin want the score to come from Accra before?
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 28, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Well na Internet we dey, everybody forming something.
You may not even be dat brilliant, but Internet sabi cover, wetin you dey score when you dey write jamb back then sef?? .. Mr genius
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 28, 2021
If you are dat brilliant as you claim, and you do a proper research.you will get to know that there is manipulation in jamb grading system...
. I don't know what you want to gain by being hypocritical about it... You just want to prove yourself to be the nitwit that you are?.
It's only in Nigeria a gorilla will tell using social media affects grade.. You can't just generalise like that.
Re: Jamb Update 70% Fail, What Is Your Suggestion by Hotspotbro(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2021
Soo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Months Industrial Training Abroad? / Notice! Deadline For Futo Pre Degree Form / Lagos State Junior WAEC Timetable 2018/2019 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.