Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. (787 Views)

If Your Left Breast Is Bigger Than The First One, This Is What It Means / Man Sleeping On Bare Bunk While Taking Drip In Hospital / This Is Why You Should Always Sleep On Your Left Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. by ezef2k4(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2021
Benefits to sleeping on your left side
If you sleep on your right side, stomach, or back, then you may have to consider it’s time for a change. There are a lot more health benefits to sleeping on the left and it could make the world of difference to your health.

It reduces snoring
If you are a regular snorer, you probably have to endure your partner’s constant moaning while they have to endure your nightly snoring. It’s a lose-lose situation. But all is not lost! Sleeping on your left side is an easy way to take control. When you’re on your back and in a deep sleep, your jaw relaxes and exacerbates the snoring. So, next time, roll over onto your left and test it out.

Fight acid reflux
Although eating before going to bed isn’t healthy, our busy lifestyles today make it difficult to eat at appropriate times. If you have a late supper or simply overindulge before bedtime, you may find you suffer from acid reflux during the night. Well, researchers say that sleeping on the left can alleviate acid reflux symptoms.

It helps your heart
There are heart benefits too when sleeping on your left as it helps promote blood circulation through the body. So, if you suffer from any heart ailment, then this is an easy way to help your heart do its job while you’re asleep.

Pregnant women will love this
If you’re pregnant and finding it difficult to sleep comfortably, you may be surprised to hear there is a physical reason for this. Sleeping on your right causes the uterus to put pressure on your liver as its located on the right side. So, when you sleep on the left, you won’t feel this discomfort!

It helps your lymph nodes
Another surprising health benefit is that your lymph nodes function better when sleeping on the left. Sleeping in this position assists the body in easily filtering liquids through your system but when sleeping on the right, it makes the lymph nodes more sluggish.

The choice is yours, left or right?

Re: What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. by aigohior(m): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2021
I have always noticed difference in my body when I sleep left sideway

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. by Amotolongbo(f): 8:58am On Jun 28, 2021
It always seems more comfortable and convenient for me sleeping on my left side than the right side.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. by SKhanmi: 9:08am On Jun 28, 2021
Copied

Cons
Unfortunately, the left lateral position is not for everyone. When sleeping on the left, the internal organs in the thorax can shift. The lungs may weigh heavily on the heart.

This increased pressure may impact the heart’s function, potentially worsening heart strain in heart failure. The heart may respond to the increased pressure by activating the kidneys, increasing urination at night.

Dont believe all you see online, Majority just want to sell something.

3 Likes

Re: What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. by caesymore(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2021
ezef2k4:
Benefits to sleeping on your left side
If you sleep on your right side, stomach, or back, then you may have to consider it’s time for a change. There are a lot more health benefits to sleeping on the left and it could make the world of difference to your health.

Fight acid reflux
Although eating before going to bed isn’t healthy, our busy lifestyles today make it difficult to eat at appropriate times. If you have a late supper or simply overindulge before bedtime, you may find you suffer from acid reflux during the night. Well, researchers say that sleeping on the left can alleviate acid reflux symptoms.

It helps your heart
There are heart benefits too when sleeping on your left as it helps promote blood circulation through the body. So, if you suffer from any heart ailment, then this is an easy way to help your heart do its job while you’re asleep.

Pregnant women will love this
If you’re pregnant and finding it difficult to sleep comfortably, you may be surprised to hear there is a physical reason for this. Sleeping on your right causes the uterus to put pressure on your liver as its located on the right side. So, when you sleep on the left, you won’t feel this discomfort!

It helps your lymph nodes
Another surprising health benefit is that your lymph nodes function better when sleeping on the left. Sleeping in this position assists the body in easily filtering liquids through your system but when sleeping on the right, it makes the lymph nodes more sluggish.

The choice is yours, left or right?

After Total adherence to all these long life is still no guarantee.
On God.

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2021
I don't sleep on my left or right hand. I sleep with my face and body down. With my legs spread wide apart angry

1 Like

Re: What You Should Know About Sleeping On Your Left Side. by ezef2k4(m): 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
I can personally relate with all those mentioned benefits. Am not a doctor, so I cannot confirm your assertion. I still feel its healthier sleeping on the left side.

SKhanmi:
Copied

Cons
Unfortunately, the left lateral position is not for everyone. When sleeping on the left, the internal organs in the thorax can shift. The lungs may weigh heavily on the heart.

This increased pressure may impact the heart’s function, potentially worsening heart strain in heart failure. The heart may respond to the increased pressure by activating the kidneys, increasing urination at night.

Dont believe all you see online, Majority just want to sell something.

(1) (Reply)

Masturbating Is Killing Me!!! / Solution To Ear And Mouth Problem / Help!thank You !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.