Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? (2979 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Never Realised What Car Horns Were Meant For Until I Went To Uni / Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
Why do people always flag down Corolla when passing.... Some say it's expensive...yes all taxis are expensive..... Nissan Micra, Almera, golf 3, etc all used for transportation are all expensive.

Can't shake that feeling of seeing a taxi in all Corollas

3 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
sincere advice stay away from Corollas if you don't want people flagging you down incessantly

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Elsueno: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Prado Jeep: na for Honorables/senators & executhieves who dey chop Nigeria dry & dashing millions of tax payers to thier girlfriends

Camry : Especially pencil na for them elderly people especially civil servant's

Lexus : This is trademarked by Yahoo boys grin

Accord/civic : latest version mostly A lists agencies workers, 03-08 mostly honest hard working Nigerians

Peugeot : Uniformed men...The older versions like 504s etc are mostly used for smuggling rice & other stuff through land borders

corolla : grin grin The Uber, bolt or taxifiy standard, certified thief magnet

Opel : interstate travelers, mostly not very long journeys

Benz: omoh...this one is for real men, perfect for both legally wealth & high grade yahoo men

Range Rover: Na celebrity shyt box, they usually damage the machine a few years after getting it, as they have no idea how to maintain it grin

23 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by phemmyfour: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
In lag, they can even flag down g wagon

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by gmacnoms(m): 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2021
phemmyfour:
In lag, they can even flag down g wagon
I don flag down prado with covered plate before. I enter am from effurun to Benin. I realised its a senator's vehicle going to Abuja. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Gravatar: 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2021
Lol I came to this thread to put the noisemakers in their place, but then I saw the posters were the usual, quite jobless characters.

Let me just leave this here and get back to my movie:

Enlighten yourself, broaden your perspectives by seeking new experiences. No dey for your corner for Magodo or Ado Ekiti, think say na there world start and end.

Mental poverty is the worst kind of poverty.

4 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by BamBamK: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
omo mehn, this is highly commendable. brilliant, i must say !!!

is this piece for Nigeria or d US??

Gravatar:
Lol I came to this thread to put the noisemakers in their place, but then I saw the posters were the usual, quite jobless characters.

Enlighten yourself, broaden your perspectives by seeking new experiences. No dey for your corner for Magodo or Ado Ekiti, think say na there world start and end.

7 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by lagusboyyy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2021
gmacnoms:
I don flag down prado with covered plate before. I enter am from effurun to Benin. I realised its a senator's vehicle going to Abuja. cheesy
Then,what later happened?

Did the driver collect money from you,or the senator was inside the SUV?

Full gist please.

2 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Abdulsobur02: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
Lol
Elsueno:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Prado Jeep: na for Honorables/senators & executhieves who dey chop Nigeria dry & dashing millions of tax payers to thier girlfriends

Camry : Especially pencil na for them elderly people especially civil servant's

Lexus : This is trademarked by Yahoo boys grin

Accord/civic : latest version mostly A lists agencies workers, 03-08 mostly honest hard working Nigerians

Peugeot : Uniformed men...The older versions like 504s etc are mostly used for smuggling rice & other stuff through land borders

corolla : grin grin The Uber, bolt or taxifiy standard, certified thief magnet

Opel : interstate travelers, mostly not very long journeys

Benz: omoh...this one is for real men, perfect for both legally wealth & high grade yahoo men

Range Rover: Na celebrity shyt box, they usually damage the machine a few years after getting it, as they have no idea how to maintain it grin

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Lexusgs430: 1:02am On Jun 30, 2021
You and Gazzuz, do meeting........ wink
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Lexusgs430: 1:04am On Jun 30, 2021
weyreypey:
Why do people always flag down Corolla when passing.... Some say it's expensive...yes all taxis are expensive..... Nissan Micra, Almera, golf 3, etc all used for transportation are all expensive.

Can't shake that feeling of seeing a taxi in all Corollas

Likewise in the UK, when you see a black E & S class Mercedes............ It's a presumed private carriage vehicle....... wink
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Likewise in the UK, when you see a black E & S class Mercedes............ It's a presumed private carriage vehicle....... wink

That's the UK.
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Cokahot: 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Why don't u put a taxi magnet on top of your car,let's say a lexus es 330 as cab in lagos. Will anyone board it.
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by OfficialDJ: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2021
Gravatar:

when I call you and that chicken headed boy Google mechanics wannabes, you'd cry foul..

undecided

What concerns this list when it comes to the Nigerian Market undecided

Both the Honda civic and Toyota prius is what most car owners would term as luxury here in Nigeria, so that list is shitty, and DOES NOT IN ANY WAY have any relationship with the Nigerian automobile market....
Again, it doesn't change the fact that the corolla is a shitty match box with bland interior, crappy all rounder and is mostly used as an ehailing taxi by Bolt and Uber drivers....
Ya'll folks will just be running to Google over every small topic.
You are the jobless one here negro.

15 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Gravatar: 7:10am On Jul 03, 2021
[s]

OfficialDJ:
when I call you and that chicken headed boy Google mechanics wannabes, you'd cry foul..

undecided

What concerns this list when it comes to the Nigerian Market undecided

Both the Honda civic and Toyota prius is what most car owners would term as luxury here in Nigeria, so that list is shitty, and DOES NOT IN ANY WAY have any relationship with the Nigerian automobile market....
Again, it doesn't change the fact that the corolla is a shitty match box with bland interior, crappy all rounder and is mostly used as an ehailing taxi by Bolt and Uber drivers....
Ya'll folks will just be running to Google over every small topic.
You are the jobless one here negro.
[/s]

Yawn

As I told another random nonentity who tried his very best to get me to engage with him, just like you are, to distract from the joke his life has become, I simply don't consider you significant enough to waste any time on

You only get this response, so use it wisely

I don't know you, I don't care about you or anything concerning you, if you like to fool around and you need people to fool around with, I'm afraid I can be of no assistance

So you're entirely free to keep jumping around like a rabid animal, it concerns me just about as much as a stray dog on the road would concern me

Quote my posts all you want, I will simply ignore you, because you're not worthy of my time, which I've spent far too much of already, with this response

Slimebag

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Hauptmann: 7:49am On Jul 03, 2021
Gravatar:

Yawn

As I told another random nonentity who tried his very best to get me to engage with him, just like you are, to distract from the joke his life has become, I simply don't consider you significant enough to waste any time on

You only get this response, so use it wisely

I don't know you, I don't care about you or anything concerning you, if you like to fool around and you need people to fool around with, I'm afraid I can be of no assistance

So you're entirely free to keep jumping around like a rabid animal, it concerns me just about as much as a stray dog on the road would concern me

Quote my posts all you want, I will simply ignore you, because you're not worthy of my time, which I've spent far too much of already, with this response

Slimebag

2 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by OfficialDJ: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2021
Hauptmann:

Gravatar, continue using your alternative moniker to massage your crushed battered and scattered ego.
A baby knows you drive your wife's shitty box toyota corolla, which was handed to her as a wedding gift by her father since 2009... shocked
Without that car, your leg for don get mileage of 832,910 km...

This obtuse skinny headed she male who gallivants nairaland defending that shit box, just because he has one.

You really think you can Diss me? Hard fail...
If you have something to say, raise your hand and put it over your mouth, you oblong headed buffon.

The last time I saw a face like yours I fed it an overripe banana. Your wife must be so patient to dwell with a low iqed nitwit like you. grin

I'd like to explain what I just said to you, but I don't have any crayons with me cheesy
You matured toddler grin

. I don’t think you are stupid. You just have a bad luck when thinking.
Dilapidated stunk junk of a cretin.

I'd give you another chance to try again crackhe.ad grin

14 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by VJSMILESS: 8:24am On Jul 03, 2021
shocked shocked shocked
OfficialDJ:
Gravatar, continue using your alternative moniker to massage crushed battered and scattered ego.
A baby knows you drive your wife's shitty box toyota corolla, which was handed to her as a wedding gift by her father since 2009...

This obtuse skinny headed she male who gallivants nairaland defending that shit box, just because he has one.

If you have something to say, raise your hand and put it over your mouth, you oblong headed buffon.

The last time I saw a face like yours I fed it an overripe banana. Your wife must be so patient to dwell with a low iqed nitwit like you. grin

I'd like to explain what I just said to you, but I don't have any crayons with me cheesy
You matured toddler grin

Stop it grin

4 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by Infinitywar: 9:02am On Jul 03, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Gravatar, continue using your alternative moniker to massage your crushed battered and scattered ego.
A baby knows you drive your wife's shitty box toyota corolla, which was handed to her as a wedding gift by her father since 2009... shocked

You matured toddler grin

na wa o grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by mejai(m): 9:30am On Jul 03, 2021
Men! Time to share cutlasses, guns, bombs and RPGs.
It's getting hot.
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by SmartGadgetz: 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Corolla for everyone.

I sell car battery jump starter power bank that is used in powering your dead battery to start your car which comes in handy and with it's full kit.

I deliver nationwide.
0 9 03........ 546........ 4082

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by SmartGadgetz: 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by OfficialDJ: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2021
SmartGadgetz:
Corolla for everyone.

I aell car battery jump starter power bank that is used in powering your dead battery to start your car which comes in handy and with it's full kit.

I deliver nationwide.
0 9 03........ 546........ 4082
Cc Gravatar
The dilapidated headed boy who uses a 25amp battery for his ancient Toyota corolla matchbox, and disturbs his neighbours every day for their battery to jumpstart his dead-beat jalopy grin
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by homeboy205: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
Omo… gbas gbos everywhere
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 5:13am On Jul 15, 2021
homeboy205:
Omo… gbas gbos everywhere
Errywia
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
Still on the Corolla shitboxes ....who else has noticed that Toyota Corolla fan boys are now moving into the Mercedes Benz C class? What a positive beginning to get off that nonsense of a car called Corolla
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by nurey(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
weyreypey:
Still on the Corolla shitboxes ....who else has noticed that Toyota Corolla fan boys are now moving into the Mercedes Benz C class? What a positive beginning to get off that nonsense of a car called Corolla

You know there is an adage that says until people criticize you and bad mouth you, you have not achieved your aim.

You criticizing Corolla means you have noticed it and you envy it, driving a Corolla doesn't make you poor or categorized one as a low life, it only means one made the right choice as Corolla is the best selling vehicle in the world right now.

I come in peace
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by de3lar(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
nurey:

You know there is an adage that says until people criticize you and bad mouth you, you have not achieved your aim.

You criticizing Corolla means you have noticed it and you envy it, driving a Corolla doesn't make you poor or categorized one as a low life, it only means one made the right choice as Corolla is the best selling vehicle in the world right now.

I come in peace

Mehn ������

What a nice way to reply the young man.
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
nurey:

I come in peace
Of course like DCP Obioma Kyari
Well now that you users of Corolla are now very submissive on the highway... You people should remember that and we'll be good
Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
de3lar:

Mehn ������

What a nice way to reply the young man.
Console yourself all you want

1 Like

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by nurey(m): 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
weyreypey:
Of course like DCP Obioma Kyari
Well now that you users of Corolla are now very submissive on the highway... You people should remember that and we'll be good

Your rust bucket old cargo can't handle a Corolla, engine would knock if you attempt to push it pass 120km/h where as the Corolla would dust you comfortably without breaking a sweat, it's lighter, has better power to weight ratio, it is quicker than your rust bucket too, the only thing you have going for you is top speed and you forefeit that since the day you fed your engine 20w50 from ammasco.

Go buy a Corolla and rest atleast you would stop begging students for push to start after lectures grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? by weyreypey: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
nurey:

Your rust bucket old cargo can't handle a Corolla, engine would knock if you attempt to push it pass 120km/h where as the Corolla would dust you comfortably without breaking a sweat, it's lighter, has better power to weight ratio, it is quicker than your rust bucket too, the only thing you have going for you is top speed and you forefeit that since the day you fed your engine 20w50 from ammasco.

Go buy a Corolla and rest atleast you would stop begging students for push to start after lectures grin

If you don't know ask... those who do. Stop recanting last year Salah donkey... Respect yourself as you should when real cars are moving

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Venza Is Not As Much Fun As Honda Crosstour And Nissan Murano / First Bentley GT In Nigeria Abandoned In Ibadan / Here Are The 10 Best Car Batteries You Should Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.