Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,421 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? (17038 Views)

Drivers, What Does This Hand Signal Means? (pictured) / Professional Drivers, What's The Next Step???(photo) / Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Ikwerelastborn: 7:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sometimes passengers can forget their phones and other items in your car.For the phone it is easier to call a number there in in the call logs.Also,items with verifiable identity like id cards ,ATM cards etc that contain names can somehow be traced or given to the nearest bank.What about items like a wallet or purse with money and no means of identification, what do you do in this instance ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by ihimiray(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
At least u made a call before picking them up...u can call the number back

27 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Amotolongbo(f): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:
Sometimes passengers can forget their phones and other items in your car.For the phone it is easier to call a number there in in the call logs.Also,items with verifiable identity like id cards ,ATM cards etc that contain names can somehow be traced or given to the nearest bank.What about items like a wallet or purse with money and no means of identification, what do you do in this instance ?

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 front page
They connected using the app and phone number now. So that isn’t so hard doing

If it is a random “pick and go”, I don’t know what I can say about it. I would have suggested police station, but the items are safer with the boys at the motor park than with the men in the police station

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by lilvicky68(m): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Money without any means of identification??

Deposit the money in your account if after one month you can't trace the owner.. Use the money for business anytime you find the owner you pay back..see it as a loan in disguise..

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Ikwerelastborn: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
Amotolongbo:
They connected using the app and phone number now. So that isn’t so hard doing
If done offline nko? Or taxies that don't use such apps?

5 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Ikwerelastborn: 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
ihimiray:
At least u made a call before picking them up...u can call the number back
I mean random taxi drivers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Abfinest007(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
Drop the items at a radio station

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
I've found a phone without sim.with a cracked screen ..I still have it ,ah go dash girl soon sha

I've found slippers ..I gave it out to one hausa boy I met ..
Someone forgot some paint buckets ,I sold those .I've no use for them ...
Little ones like caps baby clothes etc..I dash it out

21 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Ikwerelastborn: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2021
Abfinest007:
Drop the items at a radio station
And who claims it

2 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Ikwerelastborn: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:
I've found a phone without sim.with a cracked screen ..I still have it ,ah go dash girl soon sha

You did the right thing i think

9 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by FEGEITOK: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

Phone has IMEI. That's a Greek gift.....there are security implications....don't set someone up for a case that can turn very bad

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 11, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Phone has IMEI. That's a Greek gift.....there are security implications....don't set someone up for a case that can turn very bad

Even if there's a case over that phone in time to come ..its something I'll easily pay ..its just a stupid tecno with cracked screen ..tecno pop or whatever they call it

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by FEGEITOK: 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

Even if there's a case over that phone in time to come ..its something I'll easily pay ..its just a stupid tecno with cracked screen ..tecno pop or whatever they call it

Anyone that uses that phone becomes an involuntary subject of pattern of life analysis by investigators. In return for a phone that is not worth 100,000.00 Naira he/she hands over a ton of information about himself/herself that would otherwise remain unknown for a phone of dubious heritage with the ever present danger of being connected to crime and subjected to the rigors of an adversarial legal system and with little to no chance of wriggling out.

If you must make money from that phone, sell it with a strict instruction "For Parts Only!".

A word is enough for the wise.

You cannot love someone and gift them trouble!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by McOluOmo: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
I'm not a taxi driver

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

6 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Thinktwicemybro: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Since am not a taxi driver , you can ask the vulturebbqgriller, he is now into taxi. Buhari has disappointed them.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by rawtouch: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
angry

this is not for bolt or uber drivers, but for kabukabu, korope, keke drivers

6 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Xscape047: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
I no b taxis driver

But the undocumented taxi drivers hardly returns precious items ...

1 Like

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by mfm04622: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

What if the phone was gotten from a robbery or kidnapp victim? How you wan pay that one?

5 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by DoggoneDogg: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
Collobi it grin
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by paulolee(m): 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
K
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by wallay77(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
use am ni
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
I take it to asorock for Buhari to eat
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by wallay77(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

forget it...nothing will happen just change the imei thats all

2 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by merits(m): 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
I burnt it off.
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Horety: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
angry
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
cool They are mandated to deposit the found items at their union office cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Epeegee(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

Boss I'm telling you this from experience,I will advise you just look for a location and throw that phone away,may we never be a victim of negative circumstances

13 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by REDshouse(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Yesterday some one drop a cracked inked skin iPhone X inside my car and till now no one call me to request for the phone ...I am presently charging the phone waiting for anyone to call the phone ....I saw it at close of work on back carpet ..I have called some of the riders I took yesterday non show interest in it and insisted they never dropped any ...

3 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Bmaster(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Since am not a taxi driver , you can ask the vulturebbqgriller, he is now into taxi. Buhari has disappointed them.
On a serious note,
That Dude has been absent for a while now.
Could it be he is banned

5 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Thinktwicemybro: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
Bmaster:
On a serious note,
That Dude has been absent for a while now.
Could it be he is banned
He's broke, no Data

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? / 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.