Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Tenants Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tenants Wahala (2331 Views)

How Do I Handle This Issue? Should I Also Be Less Bothered Like Other Tenants. / Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos / My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2021
So there is this house am managing, 2 flats, am in one flat, I rented the other flat to a guy, so far the guy life style does not suit me, apart from that the guy is jobless, am very sure he will not be able to renew his rent, he struggles to pay littles bills in the compound, he has stayed almost half of his rent, am planning on giving him quick notice, I need advice on how to go about it.
Re: Tenants Wahala by wunmi590(m): 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
tongue

Woukd come back to comment
Re: Tenants Wahala by lilvicky68(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
Get a lawyer..
Re: Tenants Wahala by Asgard73: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
You sef e nor sure for you.. how you take know say he no go meet up with rent just in 6 month

You know wetin fit sup for am tomorrow morning like this

You know how you wan take wake up?

You don Dey judge am .., upon say he nor owe you rent or dime

You Dey him mind ni...

Humans beings sef

Ask God for forgiveness...pray for am .. make God bless am .. so he fit bless you too.

Meanwhile you fit give a.m. quit if the remaining month reach exactly 6 month from day he paid..

Life nor balance

10 Likes

Re: Tenants Wahala by penplus: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
Give him time

Person wey no get today...go get tomorrow

GOD fit lift anybody up at anytime...

Be patient Mr. guy

3 Likes

Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
penplus:
Give him time

Person wey no get today...go get tomorrow

GOD fit lift anybody up at anytime...

Be patient Mr. guy
the issue be say this guy does not have any stable job or business, he is into cyber crime. When he was about to rent the house, he told me lies, that he has a job and he is married, all were lies, he is not even married
Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
Asgard73:
You sef e nor sure for you.. how you take know say he no go meet up with rent just in 6 month

You know wetin fit sup for am tomorrow morning like this

You know how you wan take wake up?

You don Dey judge am .., upon say he nor owe you rent or dime

You Dey him mind ni...

Humans beings sef

Ask God for forgiveness...pray for am .. make God bless am .. so he fit bless you too.

Meanwhile you fit give a.m. quit if the remaining month reach exactly 6 month from day he paid..

Life nor balance
am not judging him, just that the guy way no dey straight forward, brings different people into the compound, I wanted someone who is married and responsible in the house, person when they give me stories on top bills of less than 3k monthly, my major concern is jobless, how e go take pay the rent, he just hoping on maga to pay, which is under probability.
Re: Tenants Wahala by Asgard73: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
Johnames:
am not judging him, just that the guy way no dey straight forward, brings different people into the compound, I wanted someone who is married and responsible in the house, person when they give me stories on top bills of less than 3k monthly, my major concern is jobless, how e go take pay the rent, he just hoping on maga to pay, which is under probability.

Okay
Get a lawyer and give him six month notice immediately

Na because you say you need married human. Apart from that .. anything fit sup and he go buy you and that your house ..

Me no encourage yahoo .. but me believe man situation fit turn around anytime.. even as you Dey type.

1 Like

Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
Asgard73:

Okay
Get a lawyer and give him six month notice immediately

Na because you say you need married human. Apart from that .. anything fit sup and he go buy you and that your house ..

Me no encourage yahoo .. but me believe man situation fit turn around anytime.. even as you Dey type.
I understand your point, thanks

1 Like

Re: Tenants Wahala by JeffreyJunior: 2:41am On Jun 30, 2021
Johnames:
So there is this house am managing, 2 flats, am in one flat, I rented the other flat to a guy, so far the guy life style does not suit me, apart from that the guy is jobless, am very sure he will not be able to renew his rent, he struggles to pay littles bills in the compound, he has stayed almost half of his rent, am planning on giving him quick notice, I need advice on how to go about it.
Oga very sure, how are very sure that he will not be able to renew his rent? Are you his accountant or his God? cheesy

Wait until then biko.

The country is already hard, please don't make it harder for people.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants Wahala by Klass99(f): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2021
smiley

6 Likes

Re: Tenants Wahala by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 30, 2021
See how you reasoned your fellow human being. Are you his God?
His rent is not even due, you want to eject him... Hian.!

Did he commit any crime that is making you suspect his ways are not pure? If no, let him be so you don't come off as a bad person. For all you know, he may even be planning to leave the place and then you'll go and commit yourself.
Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2021
CharisEleos:
See how you reasoned your fellow human being. Are you his God?
His rent is not even due, you want to eject him... Hian.!

Did he commit any crime that is making you suspect his ways are not pure? If no, let him be so you don't come off as a bad person. For all you know, he may even be planning to leave the place and then you'll go and commit yourself.
he did not commit any crime, but I don't like his behavior, fight don happen for the compound twice, because of him, and this 2 times that fight happened bottles were used, if them kill someone in the compound, waiting you go talk?
Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
Klass99:

The statement in bold is problematic in itself, it codedly implies that only married people are responsible and singles are incapable of being responsible.

Why didn't you vet the guy via a due diligence check? Diligent landlords who don't want stories like yours vet prospective tenants to know if they have a reliable and sustainable income source, they sometimes check to see if you actually work @ ABC Motors like you claim.

If you're unhappy refund his remaining 6 months rent and ask him nicely to please leave, the property owner will return soon or give him quit notice with the mandatory notice period of 6 months or so.

FYI, irresponsible personalities exist among married and single people, it is not a function of marital status, but a function of character. Don't wound yourself with the erroneous belief that a married tenant will be a better tenant, you may even hear more stories sef, like I haven't paid my children's school fees, my wife just put to bed or junior is in the hospital (and in his mind he will be thinking Ogbeni abeg no worry me joor what is service charge bill compared to all my issues)

Those kind of married tenants full Lekki o! They drive land cruisers, Lexus jeeps but to pay service charge bill in the estates where they live na problem. Estate association go call meeting on top their matter taya, when the defaulters even deem it fit to respond, you'll hear statements like as a matter of principle I don't pay..........grin

Pray for good tenants o, whether single or married. In fact declare it at every point in time prior to renting grin I prayed for a good landlord I simply asked for a person who is influenced by God, has a good heart and is not involved in diabolical/fetish practices.

God came through and interestingly he is Muslim while I am Christian but we have a really good, healthy and respectful relationship. This is my 4th year in his property and I am thinking of renewing again.
you are right, but married person's will not be carrying plenty girlfriends or boyfriends ,too many acquaintances
Re: Tenants Wahala by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Johnames:
he did not commit any crime, but I don't like his behavior, fight don happen for the compound twice, because of him, and this 2 times that fight happened bottles were used, if them kill someone in the compound, waiting you go talk?

Just call him to order and warn him about his behavior. Then tell him you won't hesitate to eject him if he causes any more troubles. In fact, this you ought to have told him immediately after the fight.

Reason I don't like shared apartment especially if it's from the occupant. No freedom. Every move is monitored.

Its also not easy for you but please be patient with him. You know this housing issue is not easy. Just be lenient with him and pray that God Should bless him to be able to pay your money or get a better place for himself.

1 Like

Re: Tenants Wahala by lilvicky68(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
Johnames:
Oga you are free to evict him.. get a lawyer and do the needful.. after all your house your rules.. anybody wey no fit adhere to rules or you no like him behavior should gerrat..
Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2021
CharisEleos:

Just call him to order and warn him about his behavior. Then tell him you won't hesitate to eject him if he causes any more troubles. In fact, this you ought to have told him immediately after the fight.

Reason I don't like shared apartment especially if it's from the occupant. No freedom. Every move is monitored.

Its also not easy for you but please be patient with him. You know this housing issue is not easy. Just be lenient with him and pray that God Should bless him to be able to pay your money or get a better place for himself.

Alright, thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants Wahala by Ishilovebestie(m): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2021
Nairalander help me pls,I am hungry and this is exam period,1k please

3119656 085
FB
Re: Tenants Wahala by adebayo3449(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ishilovebestie:
Nairalander help me pls,I am hungry and this is exam period,1k please

3119656 085
FB

Re: Tenants Wahala by Ishilovebestie(m): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
adebayo3449:

Yes that was when I was having rent issue last year.You can help me if you have the means I am not hiding anything.
Re: Tenants Wahala by lilvicky68(m): 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
adebayo3449:

Just wow..
Re: Tenants Wahala by adebayo3449(m): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ishilovebestie:

Yes that was when I was having rent issue last year.You can help me if you have the means I am not hiding anything.
Your location and what's the name of your school?
Re: Tenants Wahala by debbydams(f): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
Johnames:
do u really need to do that..God can still help him nd u can help him too
Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
debbydams:
do u really need to do that..God can still help him nd u can help him too
but , am concern about his attitude, he is not straight forward
Re: Tenants Wahala by Klass99(f): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Tenants Wahala by debbydams(f): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2021
Johnames:
but , am concern about his attitude, he is not straight forward
study and watch me closely,,nd put up some test for him,like telling him u help him secure a job, u can put up a lot of test if he fails den send him out but let it be when his rent has expired.
Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2021
Klass99:

Trust some Nigerians to bring religious sentiments into everything. People have been calling God upandan and even accusing you of playing god, when you have legitimate concerns and reasons for wanting to end the tenancy. Please don't allow spiritual blackmail cloud your sense of judgment o.

my dear, the matter no tire you
Re: Tenants Wahala by NgHotGirls: 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
Author leezah

LAWYER
Get a lawyer.. Please don't take laws into your hands, because the law tilts more in favour of tenants. get a lawyer to Give him quit notice if his a yearly tenant If the tenant is on yearly payment, it is 6 months notice that u'll give him and it will start counting frm d day you served him d notice irrespective of how many months he has not paid.

Once the quit notice has been filed validly for 6 months, any day over that 6 months notice means the tenant is holding over that property illegally and he no longer becomes a tenant but a tenant at sufferance and from there onward you dont need to issue him a quit notice again but an OWNERS INTENTION TO RECOVER PREMISES in 7 DAYS And from there onwards the tenant practically has no defence legally when the matter will be filed at the rent tribunal nearest to you.

Tops with all the adjournment within 3 to 5 months the court balliffs will personally come to serve them to eject them of the premises compulsorily.

or

DO IT YOURSELF (DIY)
If you don't want to contact a lawyer.
Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.

Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen.

The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises. I hope you learnt something today from this. Goodluck

or

GOVERNMENT
If you based in Lagos If its Lagos, go through the human right activist section or Mediation center of the State Government. They have many outlets in each local government in the state. They'll charge a fee of #8,000 and would handled the cases

or

STREETS
I don't encourage this any longer but its inevitable where a tenant things you must suffer after the initial suffer to build a house. Go to court, pay the clerk and officials and get a notice, paste on his door in his absent and snap then take notice off. Make some other person appear in court in his stead as a proxy tenant he transferred tenant ship to without your consent and get a verdict and evict him immediately as the unpreparedness will rock his life for ever. He can continue the fight from outside your house. The person that appeared is the person you have been seeing around the house and you don't know him. Simply put, he alone can provide that person.

1 Like

Re: Tenants Wahala by anthonyuncle(m): 6:32am On Jul 02, 2021
take like two people with you (one should be a respected figure in that area, and the other should be your close pal or your lawyer) and talk to him about his attitude. emphasize on the fact that he will be ejected if he continues neglecting his responsibilities as a tenant or continue putting up acts that can endanger the lives of others.

as for your fear of renewal of rent,
it is too early to conclude.
he has more to lose if he can't meet up.

as for being jobless, this is something you should've known before renting your flat to him.
nevertheless, I'll advice you have a personal chat with him about his goals as a man and how he aims to achieve them.
try to know if he's looking forward to something or hoping on someone.

[people are going through difficulties and a lot are frustrated and depressed.
from a distance, they may appear useless, but when you get close to them and know their situation, you will have a rethink].
Re: Tenants Wahala by Whois(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2021
Be pro active sha

Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
NgHotGirls:
Author leezah

LAWYER
Get a lawyer.. Please don't take laws into your hands, because the law tilts more in favour of tenants. get a lawyer to Give him quit notice if his a yearly tenant If the tenant is on yearly payment, it is 6 months notice that u'll give him and it will start counting frm d day you served him d notice irrespective of how many months he has not paid.

Once the quit notice has been filed validly for 6 months, any day over that 6 months notice means the tenant is holding over that property illegally and he no longer becomes a tenant but a tenant at sufferance and from there onward you dont need to issue him a quit notice again but an OWNERS INTENTION TO RECOVER PREMISES in 7 DAYS And from there onwards the tenant practically has no defence legally when the matter will be filed at the rent tribunal nearest to you.

Tops with all the adjournment within 3 to 5 months the court balliffs will personally come to serve them to eject them of the premises compulsorily.

or

DO IT YOURSELF (DIY)
If you don't want to contact a lawyer.
Let me give you a summary of what you should do .Serve him the statutory notices ie 7 days and one month,then file a suit for recovery of premises at the nearest magistrate court.

Once the case comes up tell the court you are handling the case yourself,enter witness box and tell the court what the man did and the order you are seeking from them.The bailiff will then enter the box and tell the court that he served the man but he didn't come .The court will then grant you the order you are seeking.You will take the judgement copy and go to the bailiff and pay them for policemen.

The policemen and the bailiffs will go to the man's house one early morning, break his house and pack all his properties to the court premises. I hope you learnt something today from this. Goodluck

or

GOVERNMENT
If you based in Lagos If its Lagos, go through the human right activist section or Mediation center of the State Government. They have many outlets in each local government in the state. They'll charge a fee of #8,000 and would handled the cases

or

STREETS
I don't encourage this any longer but its inevitable where a tenant things you must suffer after the initial suffer to build a house. Go to court, pay the clerk and officials and get a notice, paste on his door in his absent and snap then take notice off. Make some other person appear in court in his stead as a proxy tenant he transferred tenant ship to without your consent and get a verdict and evict him immediately as the unpreparedness will rock his life for ever. He can continue the fight from outside your house. The person that appeared is the person you have been seeing around the house and you don't know him. Simply put, he alone can provide that person.
this is deep, thanks for the explanation, though that street part I did not really understand it

2 Likes

Re: Tenants Wahala by Johnames: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
anthonyuncle:
take like two people with you (one should be a respected figure in that area, and the other should be your close pal or your lawyer) and talk to him about his attitude. emphasize on the fact that he will be ejected if he continues neglecting his responsibilities as a tenant or continue putting up acts that can endanger the lives of others.

as for your fear of renewal of rent,
it is too early to conclude.
he has more to lose if he can't meet up.

as for being jobless, this is something you should've known before renting your flat to him.
nevertheless, I'll advice you have a personal chat with him about his goals as a man and how he aims to achieve them.
try to know if he's looking forward to something or hoping on someone.

[people are going through difficulties and a lot are frustrated and depressed.
from a distance, they may appear useless, but when you get close to them and know their situation, you will have a rethink].
alright, thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Sales: Honda Baby Boy.Sold / Who Can Interpret These Two troubling Dreams For Me / Is It Morally And Spiritually Right For Married Couples To Watch Porn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.