Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks (6674 Views)

How To Change Your Car’s Spark Plugs / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better? / How To Read Your Spark Plugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 10:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
Buying Used Plugs is like buying used engine oil

The Craze with toks parts is understandable in the nigerian context. The car is toks, why buy new parts. For many the problem is not the price of new parts, but the quality.

What i wiil never understand, is why people buy used spark plugs! Maybe i do. Using toks spark plugs is like using used engine oil. I will never blame the patrons of this idea. I have had vehicles with missfires tjat has got new plugs in them, and the first thing i request for are toks plugs, to test and eliminate a spark plug issue. They are cheaper to get, hence good enough tools for troubleshooting. Thereafter i change to original new plugs, and customer is happy. Most mechanics have sworn never to buy new plugs, having got burnt by buying knock offs. Well, some dont even know there are original new plugs, you will be amazed at the craze of toks part and the followings for them.

So are toks plugs good? Yes, do they work Yes, but do you get better perfomance with them ? no. They of are course used, and not new, and out or almost out of service life.This of course applies to all used parts.

I will be posting different spark plugs, OEM original brands, with prices. From Mercedes to Honda/Acura, to Toyota/Lexus, to Hyundai/Kia to Nissan/Infinity plugs.

Goodnews, we have all OE plugs in stock, and you dont need to break a bank to buy one.

Orders: Whatsapp: 08084662181

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
DENSO IRIDIUM POWER SPARK PLUG (3k Per Piece 11k for a Pack of 4)

Description
Original toyota spark plug utilizes a platinum tip on both the centre and ground electrodes to provide long life. OTHER FEATURES- exceptional long life. - reduced gap erosion.

Suitable for Toyota's and Lexus

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2021
SPARK PLUG FOR PEUGEOT (3k Per Piece 11k for a Pack of 4)

Description
original spark plug that utilizes a platinum tip on both the centre and ground electrodes to provide long life. other features- exceptional long life. - reduced gap erosion.

Brand: NGK
Suitable For Peugeots

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2021
NGK G POWER PLATINUM SPARK PLUG FOR HONDA (3k Per Piece 11k for a Pack of 4)

Description
Original NGK spark plug utilizes a platinum tip on both the centre and ground electrodes to provide long life

Suitable For Hondas and Acuras

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
MOTORCRAFT PLATINUM PLUG FOR FORD (3k Per Piece 11k for a Pack of 4)

Description
original motocraft spark plug that utilizes a platinum tip on both the centre and ground electrodes to provide long life. other features- exceptional long life. - reduced gap erosion.

Suitable for Fords

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 11:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
KIA/HYUNDAI PLUG (3.5k Per Piece 14k for a Pack of 4)

Description
Genuine Hyndai/Kia Spark Plug with a world class design that gives better fuel efficiency, lower emissions, and quicker starts.

Suitable for Kias and Hyundais

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
LAND ROVER IRIDIUM POWER SPARK PLUG FOR LAND ROVER (5k Per Piece 19k for a Pack of 4)

Description
Genuine OEM spark plugs, to maintain vehicle manufacturer standard

Suitable for Rangrovers and Landrovers

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
MERCEDES BENZ OEM PLUG FOR MERCEDES BENZ (5k Per Piece 19k for a Pack of 4)

Description

Brand- Bosch (for MB)
OEM Part Number- 0041596403
Product Fit- Direct Fit

Suitable for Mercedese Benz

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by adanny01(m): 6:26am On Jul 02, 2021
DMechyy:
Buying Used Plugs is like buying used engine oil

The Craze with toks parts is understandable in the nigerian context. The car is toks, why buy new parts. For many the problem is not the price of new parts, but the quality.

What i wiil never understand, is why people buy used spark plugs! Maybe i do. Using toks spark plugs is like using used engine oil. I will never blame the patrons of this idea. I have had vehicles with missfires tjat has got new plugs in them, and the first thing i request for are toks plugs, to test and eliminate a spark plug issue. They are cheaper to get, hence good enough tools for troubleshooting. Thereafter i change to original new plugs, and customer is happy. Most mechanics have sworn never to buy new plugs, having got burnt by buying knock offs. Well, some dont even know there are original new plugs, you will be amazed at the craze of toks part and the followings for them.

So are toks plugs good? Yes, do they work Yes, but do you get better perfomance with them ? no. They of are course used, and not new, and out or almost out of service life.This of course applies to all used parts.

I will be posting different spark plugs, OEM original brands, with prices. From Mercedes to Honda/Acura, to Toyota/Lexus, to Hyundai/Kia to Nissan/Infinity plugs.

The average life of engine oil is what? Maybe 3500-10000miles. Also, during its life, it collects dirt, sooth and particles that make it unusable in another engine.

For plugs, the average life span in a good engine is atleast 30000 and can be up to 100,000miles. What ever carbon deposit it collects can be cleaned. So it can be used in different cars during its life span.

Yes, substandard plugs are a problem, I have seen one melt.

My issue with toks plugs is getting the right spec.

2 Likes

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 6:30am On Jul 09, 2021
adanny01:

The average life of engine oil is what? Maybe 3500-10000miles. Also, during its life, it collects dirt, sooth and particles that make it unusable in another engine.

For plugs, the average life span in a good engine is atleast 30000 and can be up to 100,000miles. What ever carbon deposit it collects can be cleaned. So it can be used in different cars during its life span.

Yes, substandard plugs are a problem, I have seen one melt.

My issue with toks plugs is getting the right spec.

This true

Copper spark plugs will do an average of 10,000 to 20,000 miles, platinum as high as 100,000

The source of toks spark plugs are used vehicles with over 100,000 miles on them, if the plugs were recently changed, or out of service life, you cant ascertain. The option is reasonable when, quality new plugs are out of reach. 8 out of 10 toks plugs are out of service life, the evidence of leaks are cleaned to make one think otherwise.

Like i already posted, and listed prices, quality new plugs are not out of reach and are affordable
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by Kewtt: 1:46am On Jul 10, 2021
DMechyy:

This true

Copper spark plugs will do an average of 10,000 to 20,000 miles, platinum as high as 100,000

The source of toks spark plugs are used vehicles with over 100,000 miles on them, if the plugs were recently changed, or out of service life, you cant ascertain. The option is reasonable when, quality new plugs are out of reach. 8 out of 10 toks plugs are out of service life, the evidence of leaks are cleaned to make one think otherwise.

Like i already posted, and listed prices, quality new plugs are not out of reach and are affordable
I trust toks more than your offerings
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 5:21am On Jul 10, 2021
Kewtt:

I trust toks more than your offerings

wink Oya, buy, and get full refund when you are not satisfied. Offers holds for 15,000 miles
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by Kewtt: 6:59am On Jul 10, 2021
DMechyy:

wink Oya, buy, and get full refund when you are not satisfied. Offers holds for 15,000 miles
You should understand the dynamics of the Nigerian economy. Do we even use a car for the lifespan of a genuine sparkplug? The one's who have wet sparkplugs probably have worn piston rings due to roadside oil used for servicing.... I don't see such buying "the sparkplug" you're promoting. Word of advice... Let car breakers overseas help you with used sparkplugs enmasse therein lies your market
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by gmacnoms(m): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
DMechyy:
MERCEDES BENZ OEM PLUG FOR MERCEDES BENZ (5k Per Piece 19k for a Pack of 4)

Description

Brand- Bosch (for MB)
OEM Part Number- 0041596403
Product Fit- Direct Fit

Suitable for Mercedese Benz
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 9:48am On Jul 14, 2021
Kewtt:

You should understand the dynamics of the Nigerian economy. Do we even use a car for the lifespan of a genuine sparkplug? The one's who have wet sparkplugs probably have worn piston rings due to roadside oil used for servicing.... I don't see such buying "the sparkplug" you're promoting. Word of advice... Let car breakers overseas help you with used sparkplugs enmasse therein lies your market

No jokes, Nigerians actually do want to do the right thing, the information gap is the problem. You will be amazed to know how much people are willing and are spending on repairs.

New spark plugs are not targeted at people who want to use thier cars for 6 months, or prefer to use black oil in their vehicles because it is cheaper, or black oil in the axle because of share ignorance. 5 Years from now, a 2006 Corrola will still be shipped in wrapped with nylon and will still look pristine. Why? They are not ignorant with repairs. Same corrolla bought now, and with this same uniformed repairs ideaology wont be road worthy in the next 5 years.

There are parts, buying used is cost effective, Plugs is not one of them

3 Likes

Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
Available
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2021
DMechyy:
Available
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by almsofgold: 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
[quote author=DMechyy post=106121003][/quote]2010 Toyota Corolla and 2015 toyota rav 4 plugs. How much with specs. Iridium or platinum. Thanks
Re: Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks by DMechyy: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
almsofgold:
2010 Toyota Corolla and 2015 toyota rav 4 plugs. How much with specs. Iridium or platinum. Thanks

3000 per piece

12k for set of 4

Iridium

(1) (Reply)

I'll Never Touch Toyota Again / Cog Light On Gear E46 BMW / How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Ford Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.