Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

About God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About God (1555 Views)

Who Else Have Had That Special Proof About God's Existence? / What Is Special About God Being The Creator / Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About God by DannyWalker: 10:50am On Jul 02, 2021
Udoji2021 1) why not just enjoy your life even if it means doing bad things to enjoy life?
If you can't enjoy life, why not kill yourself and rest to avoid the sufferings

There is an written law about life, do on to others what you want them to do to you, so if you do bad to people in order to enjoy life hope you won't be vengeful when others do bad to you so they can enjoy life, I doubt if you would want that.

As for suicide I never jump into conclusion that people who commit suicide will go to hell also when you say can't enjoy life I would say there is no one who can't enjoy life it's just that many find it hard to scale through the challenges in order to arrive at that enjoyment...

As for killing yourself if you can't enjoy life, that's not a wise thing to do... I believe that every man exists for a purpose and until you find that purpose you might continue to struggle hard and never enjoy... Killing one's self is failing to achieve that set purpose. By default a man's purpose is to survive so if you kill yourself you failed the most basic purpose and there could be consequences for that.
Re: About God by johnydon22(m): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
DannyWalker:
come oh Johnny, I really doubt that... I have known you on nairaland for a while now, you will definitely have a defense or fault over anything that mentions God in it...
Would you prefer I just shut up and believe it? wink You know you don't want that grin

But I want to know, is it that you don't believe in God or you just believe there is nothing beyond the physical, no supernatural or metaphysical reality?
I believe atheism stops at "No God"
Re: About God by DannyWalker: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2021
johnydon22:
Would you prefer I just shut up and believe it? wink You know you don't want that grin

I believe atheism stops at "No God"
You are quite good at avoiding yes or no with diplomatic answers...

The existence of God kinda surrounds us but maybe you should relax a little on those tight intelligence and analysis you give out... The human mind has always had one major difficulty and that is figuring God out or explaining that complex entity.

The inability for atheists or science to understand the complexity of the God figure and the sophistication of things made is the reason for the conclusive answers of God not existing and I completely understand you because even I cannot completely explain or figure out that greater presence called God.
Re: About God by DannyWalker: 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2021
Udoji2021

2) Even if there is life after death, what if there is no suffering cos God may decide to give everyone peace after death.

Let me ask you, do you think everybody living today deserves a good life after death?
Re: About God by DannyWalker: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
Udoji2021

Those that didn't hear anything about God, what is their fate?

Believing in Christ is not by words but by actions and reactions...

Your actions do more speaking than your words because on the last day your actions will be judged, they will be tested by fire

1corinthians 3v13

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Don't be surprised if people who never went to church made heaven... Good honest works done to fellow men speaks better things than hypocritical sermons on a Sunday
Re: About God by DannyWalker: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2021
Udoji2021

which of the scriptures is to be trusted? I don't understand this question
Re: About God by DannyWalker: 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
I believe that was the last question. Udoji2021
Re: About God by budaatum: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
DannyWalker:

Well, what do you expect from a person who does not only see good or evil, white or black, like believers would who refuse to acknowledge the greys in between and the numerous other colours?

If only they'd let their eyes be anointed with clay they too might not tremble like demons, and instead see as well as Johnydon22 sees.

Re: About God by johnydon22(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2021
DannyWalker:
And risk oversimplifying my position? No. Thanks. Answers I give sufficiently represent my position.

The existence of God kinda surrounds us but maybe you should relax a little on those tight intelligence and analysis you give out... The human mind has always had one major difficulty and that is figuring God out or explaining that complex entity.
You are human and you are intelligent [I assume] so guide me on this path to seeing God. It should not be that difficult, in your own words "The existence of God kinda surrounds us"

The inability for atheists or science to understand the complexity of the God figure and the sophistication of things made is the reason for the conclusive answers of God not existing and I completely understand you because even I cannot completely explain or figure out that greater presence called God.
Perhaps you are right, our inability to understand the complexity of the God figure and sophistication of things made is the reason for our position that God does not exist. Or maybe, an even more likely possibility here is, your inability to understand the complexity and sophistications of things in existence is precisely the reason you think God exists.

1 Like

Re: About God by DannyWalker: 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
johnydon22:
And risk oversimplifying my position? No. Thanks. Answers I give sufficiently represent my position.

You are human and you are intelligent [I assume] so guide me on this path to seeing God. It should not be that difficult, in your own words "The existence of God kinda surrounds us"

Honestly don't even know where to start, is it my survival of ruptured appendix and that left me with hours of pain yet didn't die or is it my life that had no direction until a simple vision changed that?

Perhaps you are right, our inability to understand the complexity of the God figure and sophistication of things made is the reason for our position that God does not exist. Or maybe, an even more likely possibility here is, your inability to understand the complexity and sophistications of things in existence is precisely the reason you think God exists.
it appears we are all in same box but with different escape plan
Re: About God by johnydon22(m): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
DannyWalker:

Honestly don't even know where to start, is it my survival of ruptured appendix and that left me with hours of pain yet didn't die or is it my life that had no direction until a simple vision changed that?
Connect the dots for me how you got the conclusion "There is God" from surviving ruptured appendix. I don't know, but that seems like quite a stretch.
Re: About God by DannyWalker: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
johnydon22:
Connect the dots for me how you got the conclusion "There is God" from surviving ruptured appendix. I don't know, but that seems like quite a stretch.
I suffered appendix rupture 2014 at home as early as after 7 in the morning, slowly the pain rose in few minutes into very uncomfortable pain that I couldn't stand, everyone at home got worried and I was rushed out to the general hospital, the pain increased every step till I began filling like my heart was being filled up with what I don't know, it was a long drive to the hospital and after getting to the general hospital, the nurses there were the lousiest things I have ever seen, they didn't care they just said I should be put on a bed while still in pain, thank God my mum was with me, they asked her to go do registration and other various stuff before they could attend to me, I was in pain for hours before they decided to inject me with whatever that calmed my nerves but not the pain or damage inside me.

From that morning till about 2pm before they moved me for surgery and in the surgery room while I laid they very uncomfortable and almost dying the doctors were busy opening fridge and drink malt, I was later taken in and operated on before I was moved to a ward...

Trust me brother, the hours I spent in pain was enough to quench my life but I didn't die, I do not see that as a natural thing, I believe God saved my life that day, I spent a week in the hospital... Bro the point here is that, I don't think it was normal to survive that long with such pain I felt that day, I felt like my inside was dissolving in acid rapidly.

Johnydon, God works in ways we never expect, sometimes things you overlook as random and regular has got God's hand at work bro smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity is Dicey / Explain Mathew 16:28 / How Many Times Do I Need To Say In Jesus Name While Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.