Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body (4367 Views)

"Baba Suwe That Stopped Downloading" - Seyi Law Dragged Over Comment About GRV / Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV / Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by olayinka00(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
In September of 2018, Nigerian journalist and music blogger Osagie Alonge along with his fellow guests during the Loose Talk podcast decided to give their opinion on singer Teni and what they thought about her music and aesthetic. They said:

I think Teni shouldn’t be a singer and should be a songwriter, I said it. If you’re A&R the imagery is going to be hard to sell. I’ve spoken to people in this industry who said before she had this hit (Askamaya), Teni – the image is going to be hard to sell. That’s why the Fargin video didn’t work because they were trying to sell her as a chick and blah blah. I think she’s a very good songwriter. As an artiste, it’s going to be hit or miss. If Teni wrote Askamaya for Tiwa Savage, Mummy Jam Jam will buy Bentley for Jam Jam. I talked to a top music exec and he said, 'Fam, the look doesn’t work'.

Here's what she said, while speaking to Chude about the remarks, Teni said about Osagie:

I didn’t know the guy like that. Now if it’s somebody that I know that’s in my space – I know you, you come to my house, you know my family and you want to say that about me, I’ll feel hurt cuz you have my phone number, you can reach me. But this one I don’t even know you like that. If I see you outside, I might not even say hi because we don’t have that relationship. You don’t know me so why should (what you’re saying) count.

I just feel like I’m in power. When you can’t say it to my face, you’re scared. It doesn’t matter. Now when you say it to me, we would have some problems. But he didn’t say it to me. There are a million and one Tenis out there, he might not be talking about me.

Plus, what he said was just very dumb and stupid cuz are you quantifying success to people’s weight or being skinny? What you should be concerned about is am I healthy? That’s what I try to educate Nigerians on. Just because somebody is fat doesn’t mean they’re not healthy. You might be skinny but are you healthy? Have you checked your blood count? When last did you go to the hospital?

I get checked out two, three times a year both in Nigeria and in America. I have good health care. I’m fine. Worry about yourself. Go and get checked. I know some people worry and say I hope she’s fine. Well my cholesterol is fine. My heart is fine. I know sometimes it’s from a place of love.

Being a woman and then having the audacity to be in a space where you don’t want to be someone else. You’re gracefully walking in your glory and then people get offended by that. They get offended by it and I don’t have time. You see this time frame I have that God has sent me here to be the best me, instead of me to use it worrying about you, I’m building a legacy.

https://gyonlineng.com/teni-replies-osagie-alonge-insulting-comment/

3-Years After Teni Replies Osagie Alonge’s Insulting Comment About Music Career Aspiration & Her Body Weight (Video)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by CaroLyner(f): 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2021
Good response

13 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Haryhomyidhey(f): 11:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
CaroLyner:
Good response
100%.

5 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Samfloxin(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
Disjointed statements but nevertheless she has proven him wrong through her success

3 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Haryhomyidhey(f): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Samfloxin:
Disjointed statements but nevertheless she has proven him wrong through her success
Thats just the point. In life, if one is not successful, people would bully you anyhow and there is nothing you can do about it. May God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by HRSweetness(f): 11:45pm On Jul 03, 2021
She's gone ahead to be successful. As dumb, shallow or vapid he may have sounded, equating success to personal imagery, he is right. The entertainment industry, favors those with a certain look. It's even worse Abroad. I mean, with the success Missy Elliot and Adele had they still went ahead to drop the fat skin.

By the way, why do fat people always have that nonsense delusional talk about, "the fact that I'm fat don't mean I'm not healthy"?

5 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by IgweBUIKE1(m): 12:34am On Jul 04, 2021
HRSweetness:
She's gone ahead to be successful. As dumb, shallow or vapid he may have sounded, equating success to personal imagery, he is right. The entertainment industry, favors those with a certain look. It's even worse in Abroad. I mean, with the success Missy Elliot and Adele had they still went ahead to drop the fat skin.

By the way, why do fat people always have that nonsense delusional talk about, "the fact that I'm fat don't mean I'm not healthy"?
you said it all
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Obakashdee(m): 12:51am On Jul 04, 2021
Who sabi osagie are papa
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by illicit(m): 2:27am On Jul 04, 2021
Teni don't look like a girl tho

Neither dresses or carries herself like one

To watch her videos dey hard for me but I like her voice

1 Like

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by DSoj(m): 4:29am On Jul 04, 2021
The guy is a complete moronn

2 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by gregyboy(m): 6:30am On Jul 04, 2021
Osagie is just being truthful here,

Teni got to loose some weight

Rickross did it she can

I dont watch her videos, she looks unappealing on vids she got to loose it out bro!!

She is fucking fat, you don't want have her size sit near you in a bus

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Onyi22(f): 7:36am On Jul 04, 2021
gregyboy:
Osagie is just being truthful here,

Teni got to loose some weight

Rickross did it she can

I dont watch her videos, she looks unappealing on vids she got to loose it out bro!!
Is it your weight? Busy body, as far as she's healthy no case abeg, O boy face front

She is fucking fat, you don't want have her size sit hear you in a bus

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Khd95(m): 8:04am On Jul 04, 2021
Teni and tems have proven that you don't need to go nude as a female act and put ur bombom on display as a female act, before you can make hits

Teni is good, and tems is awesome

1 Like

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Honesty36(m): 8:05am On Jul 04, 2021
Abeg make I hear word
Which one he with my fatnesss I'm successful
Ogneni eniola badmus sef need husband badly but she no see but u no go know

Fat women get less admirers aje , when you don reach 40 body go tell you when you're money no fit provide u admirers to marry you
I the fatness no they bother you , u no go reason wetin Dem talk about u

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by chuckdelis: 8:08am On Jul 04, 2021
There's nothing healthy about fatness, plus an unappealing look for that matter.
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by AntichristXXX: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2021
Go forbid I watch teni videos
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by gregyboy(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2021
[quote author=Onyi22 post=103348386][/quote]

I guess youre one fat lady defending another of your kind

I dont find it appealing siting next to obsessed peeps in the bus....

You all need to lose some weight i stand with osagie on this one
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Iceyjayz: 9:47am On Jul 04, 2021
He's somehow right though, she has to lose some weight, Adele did it then who is she not to?

1 Like

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by cassidy1996(m): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2021
i like her songs, her image no sex appeal
when ever i watch her videos, i nor dey think bad things, unlike when i watch tiwa savage and the rest
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by tunde82seidat(f): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2021
Some of the comments I even read here are so appaling and insensitive.People can really push you to your grave with their words .Most times, the fact that they are the way they are is just genetics n not their wish.Teni is a fine girl just plus size.if she goes for surgery and something bad happens to her ,the same people would blame her. Teni darling ,not everyone would like you or listen to your music as long as you have few of us supporting your brand and you keep giving us good music ,Be you ,keep being healthyand be happy.

3 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2021
She is lying about the checkups.

There is nothing healthy about fatness.

If she has been truly checking her health regularly, I am sure the doctors must have been warning her about her weight.

She has too much fat, especially for her short frame.

This does not affect the fact that she is talented, though.

Osagie never questioned her talent. He only questioned her physique which does not work for the music genre she does.

And she needs to stop dressing up like a man. It makes her appearance even more unappealing. The girl is beautiful, but she covers up her beauty with all that tomboy shananigans.

Ultimately, she needs to lose weight. All that fat is not good for the heart.

2 Likes

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 04, 2021
She isn't shallow. She is cool.
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Mastakija(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
Has anyone ever told osagie dat he's too ugly to b a blogger

1 Like

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by kambili999(f): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
Beautiful response.

Just look at the face of someone bad mouthing another person. Mtchewww
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by phemmyfour: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
It took her 3yrs to respond
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Rickmann: 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
olayinka00:
In September of 2018, Nigerian journalist and music blogger Osagie Alonge along with his fellow guests during the Loose Talk podcast decided to give their opinion on singer Teni and what they thought about her music and aesthetic. They said:

I think Teni shouldn’t be a singer and should be a songwriter, I said it. If you’re A&R the imagery is going to be hard to sell. I’ve spoken to people in this industry who said before she had this hit (Askamaya), Teni – the image is going to be hard to sell. That’s why the Fargin video didn’t work because they were trying to sell her as a chick and blah blah. I think she’s a very good songwriter. As an artiste, it’s going to be hit or miss. If Teni wrote Askamaya for Tiwa Savage, Mummy Jam Jam will buy Bentley for Jam Jam. I talked to a top music exec and he said, 'Fam, the look doesn’t work'.

Here's what she said, while speaking to Chude about the remarks, Teni said about Osagie:

I didn’t know the guy like that. Now if it’s somebody that I know that’s in my space – I know you, you come to my house, you know my family and you want to say that about me, I’ll feel hurt cuz you have my phone number, you can reach me. But this one I don’t even know you like that. If I see you outside, I might not even say hi because we don’t have that relationship. You don’t know me so why should (what you’re saying) count.

I just feel like I’m in power. When you can’t say it to my face, you’re scared. It doesn’t matter. Now when you say it to me, we would have some problems. But he didn’t say it to me. There are a million and one Tenis out there, he might not be talking about me.

Plus, what he said was just very dumb and stupid cuz are you quantifying success to people’s weight or being skinny? What you should be concerned about is am I healthy? That’s what I try to educate Nigerians on. Just because somebody is fat doesn’t mean they’re not healthy. You might be skinny but are you healthy? Have you checked your blood count? When last did you go to the hospital?

I get checked out two, three times a year both in Nigeria and in America. I have good health care. I’m fine. Worry about yourself. Go and get checked. I know some people worry and say I hope she’s fine. Well my cholesterol is fine. My heart is fine. I know sometimes it’s from a place of love.

Being a woman and then having the audacity to be in a space where you don’t want to be someone else. You’re gracefully walking in your glory and then people get offended by that. They get offended by it and I don’t have time. You see this time frame I have that God has sent me here to be the best me, instead of me to use it worrying about you, I’m building a legacy.

3-Years After Teni Replies Osagie Alonge’s Insulting Comment About Music Career Aspiration & Her Body Weight (Video)

I love Teni , for this
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Taniaa(f): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
Iceyjayz:
He's somehow right though, she has to lose some weight, Adele did it then who is she not to?
who are you to tell her what to do with her own body
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by hahn(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2021
Just see the face of the guy wey dey talk cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:58am On Jul 05, 2021
kambili999:
Beautiful response.

Just look at the face of someone bad mouthing another person. Mtchewww
Say you fine pass am
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Iceyjayzz(m): 8:02am On Jul 05, 2021
Taniaa:
who are you to tell her what to do with her own body
I'm just telling her the obvious truth, she's talented no doubt, but watching her in her musical video is not appealing at all, she should get rid of that fatness and hit the gym Asap
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by Taniaa(f): 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
Iceyjayzz:
I'm just telling her the obvious truth, she's talented no doubt, but watching her in her musical video is not appealing at all, she should get rid of that fatness and hit the gym Asap
Too bad she would never get to read your unsolicited opinion cheesy
Re: Teni Responds To Osagie Alonge's Insulting Comment About Her Over Weight Body by wealthtrak: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
olayinka00:

grin grin... She's got cool music vibes but she still has to drop her body weight a bit. The rappers, Big Pun and my main man Heavy D passed on due to being overweight.

(1) (Reply)

Oxlade Girlfriend In Leaked S£XTAPE vows To Sue Him For N20 Million / Cubana Chief Priest Becomes The First Owner Of The 2023 Changan CS85 Coupe / Actor Benson Okonkwo Goes Completely Nude In Movie, Defends Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.