Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? (15261 Views)

Armed Robbers Attacked Me! I Declared Myself A CHOSEN! They Left Me. / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by KLand(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
God doesn't leave people. It is people that leave God.

If you feel God is far, know He is near.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Adakintroy: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
If you are consciouse of the spirit in you, you will know.

If you start speaking lies, or digressing from his lay down command. You sense judgment instantly. The more you digress further the more you sense the loss of the spirit. Think if it as a signal. The more you walk in an opposite direction the more one loose signal.

In other to retain it. Return to the part of truth. Love more truthfully. Sexual immoralities are killers.. gambling will make the heart restless. Remember the heart need peace to see God. Hence let not your heart be troubled.

Take a break from work. Go to villages were the pressure is not intense. Most of our cursing or bad ulterance are result of stressful living. We are too packed into one space.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kay25(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omooba77:
How Can I know When God has left me?
are u baptised with the spirit of God?if yes then the holyspirit does not leave you but won't force you in your choice making but guide you in it if you have backsliding The spirit ie ever ready to help you only if you allow him to..Most times the devil deceives to loose the consciousness that God has left us but remember samson even when God left in the old covenant once he retraced by his steps the connection came back so God is never far it is you who is not connecting ...but if you don't have the spirit of God I mean the holyspirit then God the spirit was not there in first place it's your conscience that is just pricking u up and that's the best time to find God in its fullness
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Emeka71(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
Goshen360:
God doesn't leave a Christian or a believer in the finished works of Christ. You're still living in the Old Covenant if you think God leaves a believer, not even when you sin. What father will leave his children at any time?

The spirit of God can leave a Christian and then the spirit of Satan shall enter such.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by MizMyColi(f): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
Should be the other way round.

How can you tell when you've left God.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by eagleonearth(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omooba77:
As long as you stay in the faith and don't resist the Spirit, he has promised to be with you till the very end
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by frozen70(f): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omooba77:

When you have lost fear and your conscience are no longer questioning you
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by ogascomax: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
Until you blaspheme the Holy Spirit or until you renounced your christianity.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by solonubinho(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
When you start asking questions like the one you have just asked.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by bosman50(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omooba77:
he lives and will always live in you. Genesis 2: 7. The day you die thats the day he leaves because your existence is an evidence of the presence of God in you.But sin can make his presence passive while righteousness, a pure heart makes it active and obvious.
So if you want his light to shine through you and his presence felt , run away from iniquity, immorality but rather practice love, forgiveness and pureness of the heart by keeping no records of hate or transgressions commited against you.
Shalom
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
Don't depart from me your spirit.

Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by sholey4love: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
When you find it easy to do the things of the flesh than the things of the spirit.
When your conscience is dead to wrong or immoral things.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Charly68: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
Your question is a very big one.. but the bible says the spirit of God in you shall bear witness with you that you are a child of God. No matter what we do wrong,we can always ask for.firgivemess and God is just and able to forgive us. But when you realize that sinning means nothing to you anymore ,it means your conscience is dead and the Holy Spirit has left you to yourself because he must have talked and talked and you don't listen. Also when you notice depression In your life.. that is the absence of the spirit of joy which is the Holy Spirit ..sing to God to bring him back to your life.. Above all as long as a man is still alive he has hope of reconciling with God .. only those that are dead has no remedy anymore
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by OneNigeria1: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
boxypane:
You will know coz there will be this strange distance between your soul and the Holy Spirit.

mad grin
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omooba77:
How do you know you know you belong to Him in the first place? undecided

Do you believe in Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law of God in the Kingdom of God? undecided

Did you make careful effort to ensure you enter into His Kingdom - John 3 vs 1 - 21 - through the Narrow Gate which only a few will find and enter - Matthew 7 vs 13- 14? undecided

Do you obey Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments, the Truth of God and agreement between God and individual man ? undecided

Do you know the Truth(the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ) and have you been set free from slavery to sin by the Truth, this through your continued submission and obedience of the Truth, to become a Son of God - John 8 vs 31 - 44? undecided

Only those who become Sons of God are those who belong to God. Those who continue to wallow in sin, making excuses instead for their sins , do not belong to God - John 8 vs 40 - 44
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Joshuam1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
How you know is when you love sin and hate righteousess.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Goshen360(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
Emeka71:
The spirit of God can leave a Christian and then the spirit of Satan shall enter such.

When you receive the Holy Spirit at NEW BIRTH, you're SEALED with the Spirit. Nothing can separate you. It is this same Spirit that's suppose to pick you out of the mess then you mess up. So if that Spirit left, how's he suppose to help you out of the mess?
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by vickybanks01: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
DropsMic:
which of the God are you talking about ? The one imposed on us by our white colonial masters? Abi our Arab masters??

Why are you even here?
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Goshen360(m): 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
hecomeshome:

John 15:1-7 contradicts your claim.

That scriptures is addressing Israel and Christ for them to be engraved in Christ. That scriptures ha nothing to do with AFTER THE SPIRIT has been given to reside inside believers. He said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU....meaning NEVER WILL IT HAPPEN...regardless of times and conditions.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Goshen360(m): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
Christistruth00:

1 John 5 : 16

16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that. 17 All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

How does this verse relates to Hebrew 13v5?
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Myer(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
you can't know because there's no difference. I came to this conclusion when I asked Christians to tell me what observable tragedy can only befall someone who God has abandoned and Christians couldn't give an answer. here's the thread https://www.nairaland.com/4473432/god-never-abandons-people#67053665

You're right.
There's no difference between a believer and a non-believer.
There's simply different terminologies involved.

When an unbeliever is going through challenges, it is called Gods judgment or punishment for his sins.

But when a believer is going through challenges it is called Trials and tribulations to test his faith. cheesy

Cos both believers and unbelievers experience the Blessings and hardships of life alike. Matthew 5:45

The issue of heaven and hell is even debatable among Christians.
But as Paul rightly put it, without the existence of heaven and hell, a believer is of all people the most miserable. Because a true believer is not meant to be entangled in the things of earth but live a life of service to God and humanity without chasing wealth or titles, even abandoning his family if God pleases.
So his goal should be heavenly treasures not earthly possessions.

But we all know most of the Daddy GOs we have today are busy acquiring more earthly possessions than even unbelievers.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
1MinuteWithTina:

Why would God leave you?
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid.
Did He belong to God in the first place? undecided
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
boxypane:
You will know coz there will be this strange distance between your soul and the Holy Spirit.
Strange distance or the very same emptiness that has been there from the beginning, only magnified by your emotional state? undecided
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
temmyyem:
When your conscience is gone, soul sold to the devil, and you no longer live according to His will. However, He will still patiently await your return.
God never loses those who belong to Him. undecided
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
Rhozabeth:

God dies not leaveHis own, it is u that can leave him. Mind u there always signs: u always don't feel kike going to church, praying or having anything to do with Godly people.
Rubbish thinking! Those aren't signs but ideas born of delusions aka lies. undecided
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2021
urchcoded:
Whenever you feel God has left you, just remember he was never there in the first place. You've just realized it.
abi oo!
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by senator2b: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
Omooba77:
God doesn't leave His people its His people that leaves God. Ask yourself this question what happened to me that I am now drifting away from God? Check your life and see if you have broken the edge. God can not behold iniquities.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
thundafire:
He never leaves but wants you to look for him. Remember he doesn't force His will on us. Or else nobody for the sin
Only those who are not enslaved by sin belong to God - John 8 vs 31 - 44 undecided

If you are still wrangling with sin, you don't belong to God. undecided
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by oblaak(m): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Naijaguy12345:

You will begin to fail like Buhari's men.

Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by vannessa7(f): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
I will answer you with my experience, years ago when I was still a christian minister. There was a day the holy spirit used a sister to warn me that someone will visit me but I should not entertain the person, that is I should not allow the person in my house, she didn't mention name but later a very close family member came to visit me, we were jist partner but the person was fetish but I didn't know how deep she had gone satanic, we jisted and played and she left, I soon slept off, in my sleep I dreamt I was standing outside looking up at the sky but I saw it covered in iron and a big iron rod like handle sticking out off it and I was pointing at the sky and shouting, open heaven in Jesus name, but nothing was happening, I woke up and I knew the prophesy had come to pass and I failed, I started crying on my knees and praying, I cried out my heart in a heart break for a long time begging God to forgive me. I later slept and had another dream which I can't remember now but it showed me clearly that I have been pardoned, I woke up rejoicing.

I think God can leave someone if you go into satanism or associate with people in satanic kingdom. You also feel an emptiness in your spirit when the holy spirit vacate. And only when you have a personal relationship with God whereby you keep God in your heart 24/7 and your always follow God's leading in everything, read the word of God regularly and hate evil in every form being careful to please God daily that is when you can have God's presence so heavy that you will know the difference when He leaves. Some peoples thought or anger alone will drive away the spirit of God until next Sunday when they worship and praise.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by Christistruth00: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Goshen360:

How does this verse relates to Hebrew 13v5?

1 Cor 5. 1-5

1It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, a b so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

1 Cor 9:27

No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Re: How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? by MITCHELL96: 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2021
brosom:
God is a spirit personality, u can neither see or touch him, but u can hear him and feel him.

There are three (3) ways by which to know when God is with or without u

(1)- If ur spiritual sensory organs stop feeling him,(GOD). This envolves emptiness.

(2) If u stop hearing his speakings. ie, just like our hearts and minds speaks to us, God also speak to us.

(3) If you stop seeing revelation/mysteries of God in ur sleep. Note, One of the ways God speaks to his own is through sleep, by then ur heart, spirit and soul are less noisy.

I hope this would gaurd u,

God bless ur u as u find ur way back with God.

Can we talk ? I need guidance through this thing, I'm going through a lot please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church / The 6 Bishops Who Left Winners Chapel and their new Ministries / Speaking Phonetics Is A Sin— Evangelist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.