Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review (2248 Views)

Live Unveiling Of The TECNO Phantom X Device (watch Live) / Tecno Camon X (gaming Quest) / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by MedoUnboxing(m): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
The Phantom X is what Tecno calls their flagship device which was in production for 2 years after it's successor which is the phantom 9. One of the major feature of this device is the curved AMOLED display and it's the most expensive part of this device and it's protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which the Tecno Phantom X cost N228,000 or $550 which comes with a flagship size battery which is 4,700mAh that take 30 minutes to charge from zero to 70% in 30 minutes, improved cameras system that is better than the Camon 17 Series and if you're gaming on here, you will get the same performance as the Tecno Camon 17 Pro with a mono speaker and a round of applause for Tecno for not ditching the headphone jack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1R6Jjbn_UY
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by iseoluwanimi: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
Nice one le me check it out!
MedoUnboxing:
The Phantom X is what Tecno calls their flagship device which was in production for 2 years after it's successor which is the phantom 9. One of the major feature of this device is the curved AMOLED display and it's the most expensive part of this device and it's protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which the Tecno Phantom X cost N228,000 or $550 which comes with a flagship size battery which is 4,700mAh that take 30 minutes to charge from zero to 70% in 30 minutes, improved cameras system that is better than the Camon 17 Series and if you're gaming on here, you will get the same performance as the Tecno Camon 17 Pro with a mono speaker and a round of applause for Tecno for not ditching the headphone jack.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Jacku: 7:58am On Jul 05, 2021
MedoUnboxing:

this phone is wonderful. Very positive reviews.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by bennyefosa19: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
The design of the Tecno Phantom X just looks top notch! Love the helio G95 chipset it comes with.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2021
only stupid people will dish out more than 70k on this junk. I repeat, only marketers can do so.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by sunshineV(f): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2021
same perfomance with camon 17 and redmi note 10s....so why the xtra 100k tag?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Randerl: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2021

for Posterity Sake,

l Have Only One Advice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by thepoweruser(m): 4:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
My gripe with the Tecno Phantom X isn't because it is 'crap'.

Because it definitely isn't.

The build quality is great. I never did believe it would be glass all around with an aluminium frame.
Yes, Zack; glass is glass and glass breaks, but in my opinion the only material better than glass for mobile devices is leather, vegan or otherwise.

The display would've been amazing in 2019; and if it did cost 180K it would've been great. As it is it's just fine. Though maybe you should get something else if you absolutely prize colour accuracy and white balance.

The battery should be great. Tecno's been quite good at this. No surprise there. Charging at 33W is a little slower than expected, but still okay.

The camera? Hmmm. Impressive hardware, yes. But camera hardware; even specs no longer turn me on. Look at Sony's astonishing camera hardware. But you don't use DSLR-grade camera software in a phone. DSLRs are and will never be good at just plain point and shoot. To really make them shine; you have to know what you are doing. And editing too. So is it good? For 150K it would've been a no-brainer. But overall the Redmi Note 10 Pro, widely considered the benchmark of affordable phones is better. The Phantom does come out ahead in low light though, but not by much.

Video recording (I am surprised no one talks a lot about this undecided ) is pretty meh. Too bad.

Performance is great. Mediatek's Helio G95 isn't bad at all, but it is by no means a gaming SoC. This is 2021; not 2019. It does run Genshin Impact, though. And about bloody time, they did remove those cursed ADS! YAY! There is still bloat though. grin But hell, even Samsung has a ton of bloat. AND FUCKING ADS! angry Good work, Tecno.

BUT THEN YOU CAN'T MISS THE FACT THAT THIS PHONE SHOULDN'T COST THIS MUCH. FOR ALMOST 230K, WE EXPECT A HELL OF A LOT MORE. PERHAPS DISCOUNTS MIGHT FIX THAT. BUT TRUST ME, EVEN THE GALAXY S21 ULTRA IS NOT WORTH FULL PRICE. MUCH BETTER TO GET A JUICY DEAL. AND THIS IS NOT WORTH FULL PRICE EITHER.

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME, YOU. wink

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by donbenie(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2021
A Helio G95 no fit do pass im power..

Crap na crap.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by skywalker240(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2021
Randerl:

for Posterity Sake,

l Have Only One Advice

O my, O my shocked shocked

Come and enter heaven gate, let me see

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by skywalker240(m): 7:53am On Jul 07, 2021
donbenie:
A Helio G95 no fit do pass im power..

Crap na crap.. grin
TILL THY KINGDOM COME

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by skywalker240(m): 7:57am On Jul 07, 2021
sunshineV:
same perfomance with camon 17 and redmi note 10s....so why the xtra 100k tag?
It would be the greatest foolishness to buy such disaster from them scammer

A 2019 mid ranger for 230k ?

Death to scammer's

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by bizzlemie(m): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2021
Soon and very soon, the phone section will be littered with "1 Week Used Tecno Phantom X For Sale at Giveaway Price" threads.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by skywalker240(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2021
bizzlemie:
Soon and very soon, the phone section will be littered with "1 Week Used Tecno Phantom X For Sale at Giveaway Price" threads.
By silly individuals who refused to take advice.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Yourfav: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2021
This is love at first sight for me, the borderless screen tho cool
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Sainthia: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2021
bizzlemie:
lmao. When it's not xiaomi

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by bizzlemie(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2021
Sainthia:
lmao. When it's not xiaomi

How many sales topics/threads for a Xiaomi flagship device have you seen?
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Sainthia: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2021
bizzlemie:

How many sales topics/threads for a Xiaomi flagship device have you seen?
you saw the first image I attached, how many e be?

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Sainthia: 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2021
[quote author=Sainthia post=103475547][/quote]

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Sainthia: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2021
MedoUnboxing:

this has to be my favorite from the brand
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by felix55(m): 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2021
Tecno suppose use snapdragon chipset on that phone ...
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by paduzman: 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
amazing device this is, perfect for gaming actually
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by paduzman: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
abi? i think they have a real love for the MediaTek chipset
felix55:
Tecno suppose use snapdragon chipset on that phone ...
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by skywalker240(m): 4:43am On Jul 08, 2021
paduzman:
abi? i think they have a real love for the MediaTek chipset
A Mediatek mid-range chipset on a so called flagship phone is absolute stupidity

A mid-range chipset that sells for over 230k?

African are their own problem, they're been ripped off, but they would never read or research.

Tecno is worst than SCAM itself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by thepoweruser(m): 6:20am On Jul 08, 2021
skywalker240:

A Mediatek mid-range chipset on a so called flagship phone is absolute stupidity

Africans are their own problem, they're been ripped off, but they would never read or research.

NOW, IF ONLY THEY'D USED THE DIMENSITY 800U... wink

BUT SINCE THE HELIO G95 IS MEDIATEK'S LAST 4G SOC ( IT'S FULL-ON DIMENSITY, NOW) I GUESS THEY USED THAT BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO MAKE A 5G PHONE AND SELL IT WHERE EVEN 4G IS NOT GOOD...
WHY PAY FOR SOMETHING NO ONE WILL USE?

Since they have a good relationship with Ming-kian Tsai's company; they should've asked for a 4G version of the 800U. BUT MEDIATEK GO LOOK ONEPLUS OWN MATTER FIRST (THE NORD 2 IS COMING WITH A CUSTOM DIMENSITY 1200).

ANYWAY, IF TECNO WANTS TO GO 200K+; IT DAMNED BETTER BE A 5G PHONE.

EVEN IF THEY'D USED SNAPDRAGON 730G; FOR 230K+ IT'S TOO DAMNED MUCH. MAYBE SNAPDRAGON 750G; OR EVEN BETTER SNAPDRAGON 860...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by 4ckyou: 6:51am On Jul 08, 2021
bizzlemie:

just like how we are seeing Xiaomi everywhere now
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by skywalker240(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2021
thepoweruser:

NOW, IF ONLY THEY'D USED THE DIMENSITY 800U... wink

BUT SINCE THE HELIO G95 IS MEDIATEK'S LAST 4G SOC ( IT'S FULL-ON DIMENSITY, NOW) I GUESS THEY USED THAT BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO MAKE A 5G PHONE AND SELL IT WHERE EVEN 4G IS NOT GOOD...
WHY PAY FOR SOMETHING NO ONE WILL USE?

Since they have a good relationship with Ming-kian Tsai's company; they should've asked for a 4G version of the 800U. BUT MEDIATEK GO LOOK ONEPLUS OWN MATTER FIRST (THE NORD 2 IS COMING WITH A CUSTOM DIMENSITY 1200).

ANYWAY, IF TECNO WANTS TO GO 200K+; IT DAMNED BETTER BE A 5G PHONE.

EVEN IF THEY'D USED SNAPDRAGON 730G; FOR 230K+ IT'S TOO DAMNED MUCH. MAYBE SNAPDRAGON 750G; OR EVEN BETTER SNAPDRAGON 860...
A 5G device will definitely still work on a 4G environment, there is no excuse to justify this outrageous price, even if they had made it a 5G phone, it would have been accepted to some extent

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by bizzlemie(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2021
Sainthia:
you saw the first image I attached, how many e be?

How many of them are flagship devices?

Don't quote me again without answering my question!
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Jacku: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
bennyefosa19:
The design of the Tecno Phantom X just looks top notch! Love the helio G95 chipset it comes with.
they finished work on the design, especially the sky blue one. Got any idea how many colour variant they have?
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Jacku: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
skywalker240:

African are their own problem, they're been ripped off, but they would never read or research.

but the Phantom X is like a high end midrange na.
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by skywalker240(m): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jacku:
but the Phantom X is like a high end midrange na.
And which high end mid-range retails for 228- 250k ?

Am all ears Sir
Re: Tecno Phantom X Gaming Test Review by Jacku: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
skywalker240:

And which high end mid-range retails for 228- 250k ?

Am all ears Sir
you no sabi their website? I remember the MD or CEO for your eyes?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Techno Spark 4 Of #25,780 Is Better Than An Iphone 14 Pro Max Of #1,200,000 / A Good 100k Budget Phone / Google Android 5.0 Lollipop Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.