Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables (2050 Views)

How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css / Nairaland Uses Tables!! / How To Add Up Tables Using Php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Please, I would like to arrange rows from mysql tables into table headers and table data in html table. Most especially subjects and subjects scores

Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by stanliwise(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
Normalization. Don’t arrange subject in column

id student_id subject_id class_id term_id score

For example 12 subject would need 12 different rows for storage for a specific student in a specific class in a specific term .

So every term 12 row each. For three terms it means 32 rows per student

The average is calculated after you fetch from SQL query so as any other calculation

3 Likes

Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by efelico: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
goldmines214:
Please, I would like to arrange rows from mysql tables into columns. Most especially subjects and subjects scores

check how to transpose row into column using MySQL on stack overflow.
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
stanliwise:
Normalization. Don’t arrange subject in column

id student_id subject_id class_id term_id score

For example 12 subject would need 12 different rows for storage for a specific student in a specific class in a specific term .

So every term 12 row each. For three terms it means 32 rows per student

The average is calculated after you fetch from SQL query so as any other calculation

I am not arranging the subjects in columns. I arranged them in rows like you did if you look at the broadsheet table. The last table (required result) is the html table. That's how I want it to appear on the browser when viewed. So please how do I achieve that from mysql tables (students, subjects, class, sessions, terms, broadsheet) onto html tables like required result image above?
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
efelico:

check how to transpose row into column using MySQL on stack overflow.

My tables are quite different and I am trying to display that on an html table like required result image above using the other mysql tables to do that. I need help on the mysql and php code to achieve this
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by efelico: 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
goldmines214:

My tables are quick different and I am trying to display that on an html table like required result image above using the other mysql tables to do that. I need help on the mysql and php code to achieve this

Check this link
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1241178/mysql-rows-to-columns
The concept is the same. You can either do the transposition using your query or php code. I guess using query will be more easier for you
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 11:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
efelico:

Check this link
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1241178/mysql-rows-to-columns
The concept is the same. You can either do the transposition using your query or php code. I guess using query will be more easier for you

I really, do not understand how I can apply this to give me my desired results. I have 6 tables to select from and in the example from stackoverflow.com it's just 1 table. Can you use my tables and write a query and display it in html table please. I would really appreciate. I have been stucked here for months
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by efelico: 5:43am On Jul 05, 2021
goldmines214:

I really, do not understand how I can apply this to give me my desired results. I have 6 tables to select from and in the example from stackoverflow.com it's just 1 table. Can you use my tables and write a query and display it in html table please. I would really appreciate. I have been stucked here for months

Send me a pm
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 7:05am On Jul 05, 2021
efelico:

Send me a pm

Please, what are the steps to send you a private message?
I can't see any section like chat after clicking on your name. I just registered yesterday.
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by efelico: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2021
goldmines214:

Please, what are the steps to send you a private message?
I can't see any section like chat after clicking on your name. I just registered yesterday.

Have replied your mail
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by Karleb(m): 7:58am On Jul 05, 2021
The OP's question is not clear.

You've arranged your database, now what you need is the code to create the database and store and retrieve data from it using PHP and (my)SQL, right?

I recommend using w3schools.com. Go to the PHP category, scroll down to MySQL section, you'll see some examples that'll get you started.
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by stanliwise(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2021
goldmines214:

I am not arranging the subjects in columns. I arranged them in rows like you did if you look at the broadsheet table. The last table (required result) is the html table. That's how I want it to appear on the browser when viewed. So please how do I achieve that from mysql tables (students, subjects, class, sessions, terms, broadsheet) onto html tables like required result image above?
Run sql queries and simply get the data. Store them in a variable. Arrange them how you want with a loop.
Use html table tag to arrange it.
Is anything hard there?
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by Whatshallido: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2021
Google it. you will see php source codes on how to fetch or get (echo) data from database.
Or you pay me make i do am for you.
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by naijasensei: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2021
goldmines214:
Please, I would like to arrange rows from mysql tables into table headers and table data in html table. Most especially subjects and subjects scores

Hi. I believe what you want is the final table diagram you drew. Here is how you can do it.

1. Your broadsheet table is linked to some other tables, and to get those field values from the other tables - you will need to use a JOIN . You would probably use a LEFT JOIN, or a RIGHT JOIN.

2. Now you would want a situation where all the students, and all the subjects will appear on your HTML table regardless of whether they have scores or not. To achieve this, I would first run a query on the subjects table to get the subject names and their IDs. I would then store this is an associative array. With this I have the data to generate my table headers.

Digest this and let me know if you understand this. We can then proceed to the next stage.
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
naijasensei:

Hi. I believe what you want is the final table diagram you drew. Here is how you can do it.

1. Your broadsheet table is linked to some other tables, and to get those field values from the other tables - you will need to use a JOIN . You would probably use a LEFT JOIN, or a RIGHT JOIN.

2. Now you would want a situation where all the students, and all the subjects will appear on your HTML table regardless of whether they have scores or not. To achieve this, I would first run a query on the subjects table to get the subject names and their IDs. I would then store this is an associative array. With this I have the data to generate my table headers.

Digest this and let me know if you understand this. We can then proceed to the next stage.

I can do that quite well. I know how to fetch data from databases and display them but arranging those scores under the specified subjects is the issue. Assuming the class is jss1, session is 2020 /2021 and term is third term how do I use these with the broadsheet table and with students and subjects tables to display all students, subjects and scores for subjects in jss1, third term and 2020/2021 session?
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
Whatshallido:
Google it. you will see php source codes on how to fetch or get (echo) data from database.
Or you pay me make i do am for you.

I know how to do that but what I want to achieve is more of logic than just fetching and displaying
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
stanliwise:

Run sql queries and simply get the data. Store them in a variable. Arrange them how you want with a loop.
Use html table tag to arrange it.
Is anything hard there?

Look at the images, the last image(required result) is what I want displaying on my browser as html table while the other images are the database tables
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
Karleb:
The OP's question is not clear.

You've arranged your database, now what you need is the code to create the database and store and retrieve data from it using PHP and (my)SQL, right?

I recommend using w3schools.com. Go to the PHP category, scroll down to MySQL section, you'll see some examples that'll get you started.

What I want is the correct query and php code to achieve the required result as in the image above
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
efelico:

Have replied your mail

Thanks bros. I have replied it please check.
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by naijasensei: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2021
goldmines214:

I can do that quite well. I know how to fetch data from databases and display them but arranging those scores under the specified subjects is the issue. Assuming the class is jss1, session is 2020 /2021 and term is third term how do I use these with the broadsheet table and with students and subjects tables to display all students, subjects and scores for subjects in jss1, third term and 2020/2021 session?

Excellent!
As I said, first fetch the subject names and subject IDs from the subjects table. Store this data in an iterable object - like an array (associative array, or hash map).
Now, write a query to fetch the data (from a specific class, term, and session) from the broadsheet table, and use a RIGHT JOIN to join the students table, then use GROUP BY to group the results by student_id.
You will now have a data set that contains the students with their respective subject scores. You can now iterate through the data by using the student_id parameter. You can build your table like this:

foreach (studIDs as id) {
// Create a table row
foreach (subjIDs as subj) {
//Table cell begin
//Check if there is a score for the subject
//If there isn't, skip to the next subject
//use a variable to count the subjects with scores
//And another variable to accumulate the total
// Table cell end
}
//End table row
}

This is pseudo code, but this is how it can work. Others might have different solutions though.

1 Like

Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by stanliwise(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
goldmines214:

Look at the images, the last image(required result) is what I want displaying on my browser as html table while the other images are the database tables
It is simple now. Are you asking how to write the sql query?
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by stanliwise(m): 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2021
goldmines214:

What I want is the correct query and php code to achieve the required result as in the image above
Pay someone to do so for you then or read up sql query.
What you need is simple JOIN
And WHERE clauses
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2021
naijasensei:

Excellent!
As I said, first fetch the subject names and subject IDs from the subjects table. Store this data in an iterable object - like an array (associative array, or hash map).
Now, write a query to fetch the data (from a specific class, term, and session) from the broadsheet table, and use a RIGHT JOIN to join the students table, then use GROUP BY to group the results by student_id.
You will now have a data set that contains the students with their respective subject scores. You can now iterate through the data by using the student_id parameter. You can build your table like this:

foreach (studIDs as id) {
// Create a table row
foreach (subjIDs as subj) {
//Table cell begin
//Check if there is a score for the subject
//If there isn't, skip to the next subject
//use a variable to count the subjects with scores
//And another variable to accumulate the total
// Table cell end
}
//End table row
}

This is pseudo code, but this is how it can work. Others might have different solutions though.

I like what you have done but please can you use my tables in the images above to write a query for me and how to loop the results using php in html table. Not object oriented php please, I am not familiar with object oriented php.

See the query I have used

Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by Whatshallido: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2021
You can achieve this when you use the students ID in the broadsheet or database table to get all the datas (name, class, scores, term, session and total) of each student. Very simple. Create an HTML form ID. Input the ID of a student and press submit. All the datas of the student in the row will be eched.
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2021
Whatshallido:
You can achieve this when you use the students ID in the broadsheet or database table to get all the datas (name, class, scores, term, session and total) of each student. Very simple. Create an HTML form ID. Input the ID of a student and press submit. All the datas of the student in the row will be eched.

That is not ideal. It's a broadsheet and not a particular student's result
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2021
Please, I really need help on this
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by WebMind: 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2021
What you need is joining related tables to get your broadsheet table. Read up how to use join and where keywords in SQL of your Database table on web.
Last fella I did something for on this forum denied me after it worked.

1 Like

Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by goldmines214: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
WebMind:
What you need is joining related tables to get your broadsheet table. Read up how to use join and where keywords in SQL of your Database table on web.
Last fella I did something for on this forum denied me after it worked.

I know how to join related tables and use where clause but it's not working out for me
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by tope6217: 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
Contact me to design it for u on 08109319667
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by All4good: 11:04am On Jul 09, 2021
goldmines214:

I know how to join related tables and use where clause but it's not working out for me

But that is what you need. What Webmind suggested.
Why isn't it working for you. What error message or result are you getting? You just need some correction on that part and nothing else. Cheers
Re: How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables by WebMind: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2021
goldmines214:

Then post your error here for all to see how you can be helped.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are There Good Android Developers On Nairaland? / A Thread To Discuss All Things Fintech In Nigeria / Networking, Programming And Web Design; Which One Is More Marketable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.