Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers (891 Views)

I Need A Thrift App / [Day 1] Thrift Collector(esusu) API In Seven Days With Django / I Need A Thrift Collection Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 1saed: 4:24am On Jul 05, 2021
Hi

I want to find out about your business as a daily contributions collector

As I interact with more thrift collectors, I often ask them the same question

" Do you give soft loan to your customers "

A good number of them will quickly tell you no

To them, its very difficult to keep track with their records, since daily contributions is already with its own bulky book keeping.

Here is one solution, I'll like to introduce to you

Asides keeping daily records of transactions for you, it can also help you manage loan to your customers.

We hope this solution impacts your business positively too

Here is the link to the app

http://thriftplus.pythonanywhere.com

You can reach us on WhatsApp

+23407031009036

Mathew
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by airsaylongcome: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
How does this thrift business work in Nigeria? Do the contributors get interest in their deposits?

1 Like

Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 080bjaked(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2021
1saed:
Hi

I want to find out about your business as a daily contributions collector

As I interact with more thrift collectors, I often ask them the same question

" Do you give soft loan to your customers "

A good number of them will quickly tell you no

To them, its very difficult to keep track with their records, since daily contributions is already with its own bulky book keeping.

Here is one solution, I'll like to introduce to you

Asides keeping daily records of transactions for you, it can also help you manage loan to your customers.

We hope this solution impacts your business positively too

Here is the link to the app

You can reach us on WhatsApp

+23407031009036

Mathew

Maybe you can discuss how your app/platform works. How does it manage interest rates?
How secured is it since we are dealing with personal data and financial information here.
How is it hosted? Locally with the client or centrally by you?
How will customization requests be handled?
What redundancy is in place incase of system outage or so?

and so on .
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by AgentGoat: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2021
airsaylongcome:
How does this thrift business work in Nigeria? Do the contributors get interest in their deposits?

No.
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by airsaylongcome: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2021
AgentGoat:

No.

Mind me asking what the business model is? Why would I want to save money in a thrift business (which I assume doesn't pay interest) and not a bank?

How does the thrift collector make money?
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by AgentGoat: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2021
airsaylongcome:

How does the thrift collector make money?

The collector takes the contribution of the last day of the month.

The month of July is 31 day and am contributing #100 everyday which should amount to #3100. He will give me 3k and take 100.

it's just a way saving of money.
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 1saed: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
There are loads of questions already generated. I want to take time out to provide my fair response to you all.

1. Thrift businesses by default, do not pay interest to its customers.

However, there is a type of thrifts , where customers cash out at predetermined interest rates. This is the target savings.

Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 1saed: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Yes.....contributors can get interests on savings ( deposits) provided they choose target savings as their product!

But most thrifts collectors don't offer such product, cos they don't have to tools to manage the process
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 1saed: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
080bjaked:

Maybe you can discuss how your app/platform works. How does it manage interest rates?
How secured is it since we are dealing with personal data and financial information here.
How is it hosted? Locally with the client or centrally by you?
How will customization requests be handled?
What redundancy is in place incase of system outage or so?

and so on .

Are you a thrift collector?

Do you run a thrifts business?

This app is definitely for you!
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by airsaylongcome: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
1saed:

Yes.....contributors can get interests on savings ( deposits) provided they choose target savings as their product!

But most thrifts collectors don't offer such product, cos they don't have to tools to manage the process

Thanks. So the collectors themselves what do they do with the funds saved? Like do they then invest the savings in an investment vehicle like banks do?

Regarding availability of the tools, would that be like a Banking software to manage multiple account holders across say multiple branches?

Care to shed more light on "target savings"?
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by airsaylongcome: 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2021
1saed:

Are you a thrift collector?

Do you run a thrifts business?

This app is definitely for you!

I have been evaluating a core banking software that could be used in businesses like Thrift business. You seem to be knowledgeable about this. Mind if I contact you outside of NL? If yes how?
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 1saed: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I have been evaluating a core banking software that could be used in businesses like Thrift business. You seem to be knowledgeable about this. Mind if I contact you outside of NL? If yes how?

Thank you for your interest in reaching out to us.

A contact is contained in the original past, you can reach us through it

Thank you.

additionally, you could send an email to thriftplus1@gmail.com

Or

Thank you
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by 1saed: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Thanks. So the collectors themselves what do they do with the funds saved? Like do they then invest the savings in an investment vehicle like banks do?

Regarding availability of the tools, would that be like a Banking software to manage multiple account holders across say multiple branches?

Care to shed more light on "target savings"?

Hi,

Thank you for your questions

1. Its up to the collectors, to do what they pease with customers' monies.

However he chooses to handle them, its entirely up to him, but he should also remember that most customers dont keep money beyond two months. Besides, they don't want to hear stories when they request a Cash out!

2. Yes, you can create more [instances of ] branches, as you expand the frontiers of your business.

Thriftplus allows you create additional branches, if that option is included in your licensing package, otherwise you will have to get the license which allows you do so.

Once the branches are created on the platform, you begin operations instantly and as the business owner, there are tools you can see to manage all your branches in a single view

3. Target savings is a package Being offered by businesses that organized themselves into cooperatives. You set a goal, and a duration.

The system handles the nitty gritty.

If you meet your goal , you get a rewarded. This is the only time you earn as adaily contributor

Thriftplus goes beyond this. It provides more options for business owners to offer more services to their customers and thus make more money for expansion ( this is the end game for all our clients using our product)

If there are other questions..... Pls throw them

Once we get wind of them, we'll provide answers.

Thank you,

Mathew

Here, for emphasis sakee, is the link

Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by Bizstud: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2022
I have a question. Is there any regulatory body that issue license for thrift collectors? We know banks need to get license from CBN and other financial houses need to get theirs from SEC.

In summary, what do I have to do to start a thrift collection in Nigeria in a way I won't be disturbed by anybody while in operation. Your response will help me a long way.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by airsaylongcome: 9:52am On Jun 09, 2022
Bizstud:
I have a question. Is there any regulatory body that issue license for thrift collectors? We know banks need to get license from CBN and other financial houses need to get theirs from SEC.

In summary, what do I have to do to start a thrift collection in Nigeria in a way I won't be disturbed by anybody while in operation. Your response will help me a long way.

Thanks in anticipation

You'd need to setup a cooperative for that. Then you can legally collect thrift from the members. The alternative which is what OP is trying to do is to offer a paid automated solution and partner with several co-operative to use your solution for a fee. Google SACCOs and software for them
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by phr33man(m): 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You'd need to setup a cooperative for that. Then you can legally collect thrift from the members. The alternative which is what OP is trying to do is to offer a paid automated solution and partner with several co-operative to use your solution for a fee. Google SACCOs and software for them

Thanks for the info. So i need no license to collect funds from people, right?
Re: Do You Give Loans To Your Thrift Customers by airsaylongcome: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
phr33man:

Thanks for the info. So i need no license to collect funds from people, right?

If you have a cooperative setup or are providing the service for a cooperative... Yes you don't need a license. You do need a license to setup a cooperative. But it's not so difficult to get.

(1) (Reply)

Rate My Blog Website / Best Techniques To Recover OST Files / Can A Reliable Fintech App Be Developed To Foster Instant Money Transfers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.