Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,425 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! (760 Views)

Governor Ikpeazu Diagnosed With Diabetes, But In Stable Condition / Pastor Simon Abe Mashika Living With Bullet In His Skull For 14 Years (Photos) / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by Uchek(m): 6:14am On Jul 06, 2021
Help others suffering with Diabetes by sharing your experience of living with Diabetes in Nigeria
Re: Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by shamsin6300(m): 6:42am On Jul 06, 2021
May God heal all the diabetic patients out there #amin.

1 Like

Re: Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by uzohcars(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2021
Terrible
Re: Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by Uchek(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2021
Thanks for your post. Please can you share how terrible it was? How the experience has been from the time you were diagnosed. A problem shared is a problem half solved

uzohcars:
Terrible
Re: Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by Megadon109(m): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2021
Terrible, really terrible. Cost of treatment is very high. Daily test, at least twice a day (morning and evening), the piercing is there. For one with Type 1, you have to inject insulin on a daily basis, depending on your blood glucose level. Food is another major problem, most of the food in Nigeria are high carbs, you can't walk into a shop to get snacks, or drinks because they all contain refined sugar. You can't visit people frequently because when you are offered anything to eat, you have to decline and when you do, the question "why?" always follow it.
There's nothing good about it, especially in Nigeria where cost of food, medicine etc is very very high.
Re: Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by Naijabad: 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2021
Drinking bitter leaf water, cant it help in reducing sugar level?
Re: Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
I will not wish this shit for anyone not even my enemies. I thank God I don't have this shit. But i know folks with this. Very expensive to maintain. So many restrictions here and there. After a long time of taking the drugs the diabetics begin to have drug failure.
Re: Living With Diabetes In Nigeria: Share Your Experience! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Naijabad:
Drinking bitter leaf water, cant it help in reducing sugar level?

I strongly doubt this. Adhere strictly with your medications.

(1) (Reply)

Jigsimur: The Ultimate Solution For Arthritis Pain Relief / Cocoa,what A Wonderful Natural Health Crop / Helps For Knidney Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.