Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? (9092 Views)

Strategies For Dealing With Difficult Boss / How Do I Handle A Bossy Demoted Colleague / How To Cope With A Difficult Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by llade(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2021
smiley
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by RightToReject(m): 9:47am On Jul 10, 2021
You have to bend her without breaking her. I'd have loved to tell you how to go about this in detail, if not for one thing.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2021
Kobicove:

...and spend how long to recover the money from doing surveys?
It is not signing up with $40, it is if you sign up you get $40 for free
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by phemmyfour: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2021
maikbanj:
Good evening. I got transferred to a new office and my boss is just the direct opposite of the Previous.My current boss is a bit nice but then doesn't have managerial skills. She really doesn't know how to handle her subordinates. At a slight mistake, she's all shouting the roof down. She exaggerates a lot and looks for every means to put a blame on you when things don't work even though it's not your fault.
E.g, you're working on something and probably you have network issues and can't complete or round off on time, she'll just look for a way to put in on you.
Now it's almost affecting the way I work. Asking her questions sometimes is almost difficult and then I do it my way. There are just so many complains and I can't afford to lose this Job right now.

In front of you she's acting so nice but behind she's all saying dirty things.
I'm getting fed up. Coming to work seems tiring now.

Please how do I handle this?
Just smile anytime she acted that way. She ll get the message that you don't give a fvck
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by timbs001(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2021
God put you there so that you can go through the school of patience. I’ve been in such a situation before, the boss was so cruel that a female colleague then would burst into tears, he was always speaking harsh words. The moment I got my freedom was not when I left the job but when I decided not to let his words get to me. Simply put, just do your best and chose to be happy regardless. It’s your decision to be happy. What I discover most times about such bosses is that they are actually the one with the problem, it may be an underlying problem of low self esteem or insecurity.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Areola14(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2021
Hello house.. please I don't really know how to post a new article on this platform.. please one's again, how much does finatrust microfinance bank pay their loan officer? If anyone have an Ideal, kindly share.. thank you!
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by dyangprof(m): 10:05am On Jul 10, 2021
100 percent patiency and be effective and efficient I ya duties is the solution
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by mascotblaze(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2021
ecolime:

Banji, you still brought this issue to Nairalamd after all we discussed.

Fyi, madam is also on Nairaland. Infact she actually sent this link to me.

grin you sha wan make the guy get heart failure sha..... Your plan will not work in Jesus name
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by saxxyb: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2021
I really understand your situation at the moment , so my advise is that you should first put it in prayer, some things are beyond your control, that is how life was designed, people don't Just like or hate you just because of you work alone,there are forces and graces ordinary will effort cannot explain, there is also bias based on religion, tribe and so on, nevertheless always put in your best.

Secondly seek the advise of a mentor usually someone very experience to advise you and lastly try to channel your energy to people that value you , some people cannot recognize greatness. That my little contribution

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Calitoscassius(m): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2021
Have sex with her and case closed. otherwise it wouldn't matter all kinda hard work you do she would still give you crap until you fork her!

It works always trust me! cheesy
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Noblewealth(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2021
They are like that everywhere, my current boss is a woman, she is never wrong, always want things done in her own way.. she complains about everything and sometimes tag one as a lazy being... For me, have learnt to cope with her shout and frightening... So whenever she calls for me or start her madness I see it as nothing..
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by adaperry25: 10:25am On Jul 10, 2021
I am in your shoes currently..pray and do your job dilligently.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by ecolime(m): 10:30am On Jul 10, 2021
mascotblaze:

grin you sha wan make the guy get heart failure sha..... Your plan will not work in Jesus name
We are colleagues na. He knows me grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Truvelisback(m): 10:46am On Jul 10, 2021
maikbanj:
Good evening. I got transferred to a new office and my boss is just the direct opposite of the Previous.My current boss is a bit nice but then doesn't have managerial skills. She really doesn't know how to handle her subordinates. At a slight mistake, she's all shouting the roof down. She exaggerates a lot and looks for every means to put a blame on you when things don't work even though it's not your fault.
E.g, you're working on something and probably you have network issues and can't complete or round off on time, she'll just look for a way to put in on you.
Now it's almost affecting the way I work. Asking her questions sometimes is almost difficult and then I do it my way. There are just so many complains and I can't afford to lose this Job right now.

Oga, Just 4get her words and co-operate with her. She will like u.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 10, 2021
maikbanj:

She is insecure in her abilities and suffers from low self-esteem or better still, inferiority complex. Assuming you are telling the absolute truth.

She is raw gold and could be the best thing that has ever happened to you if you know how to manage her.

How do you do this? May her like you as though her life depends on it?

3 books I will recommend

1. How to make friends and influence people---Dale Carnegie
2. Emotional Intelligence---Daniel Coleman
3. Gong Ho! ----Can't recall the author and won't go search my library right now.

You can add ' love code' by Nike Adeyemi

They contain the answers you seek and that is all I will say. Except you want to look for another job, this is your best bet.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by beyondPen(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
You story is the same as mine.

I just quit my job this week all due to same thing you wrote up there.

Female bosses can be werey sometimes, they just want you to do eye service and be a pet.

I have been absorbing all the nagging and insults directly and indirectly from the Igbo woman. As I can't cope again because it's has been affecting me psychologically, na him I bust them with resignation letter. E pain the werey lady. Instead of her begging or at least pet me or say she will increase salary, her pride and ego no let her. This didn't surprise me cos she doesn't even give one encomium but only mouth lashes.

The husband called me recently for us to talk why my sudden action to resign. Well, we will meet up in due time.

Now I want to freelance and learn my computer repair work, anything else can come in sha. Am jobless now, but I no tomorrow I will smile.

To the Op: No allow her see you finish since you can't copy my style. Look her in her eye when your eyes jam make she remove face. Further more do you know that she no go fit do the job she ask you to do? That's why she is paying you. Don't always seem useless validations from her. Make her be saying if it was you she trust you say sharp you go done run am. Shalom

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by frozen70(f): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
maikbanj:

Honestly, you have to tolerate her or manage her, unless you don't mind leaving

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Originalsly: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
Bro... the first thing you need to understand is that your boss is a woman .... women are wired different from men period. It is like natural ... when a woman is given power over a man ... expect "abuse of power." If you in anyway try to challenge her ... or question her decisions.. right or wrong.. she will put you in your place ... beneath her. She sees herself as the Oga.. and sees you.. a male... as the houseboy. You have to be careful of what you say and how you act. The ways to getting to her is not the same as getting to a man. Let her feel important ... little flattering comments can go a longgg way... as in I know I'm not suppose to say (showing respect for her position)... but I must say your perfume smell soooo good .... heavenly! ( never mind you can't endure the scent for long). She is likely to tell you the name... how she got it... the cost... how rare it is... it's one of Queen Elizabeth's favourite..etc. That's women... little flattering comments and nice words will break down the barrier. If you have a better way of getting a job done... put it to her as an idea ... and let her decide if it's good or not... never say you have a better way.... she must come to that conclusion. Good luck.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by harmony75: 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
There are some things we can learn with different kinds of people so be patient and focus on your goal you will need this train.ing else where
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Mboi: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
ecolime:

Banji, you still brought this issue to Nairalamd after all we discussed.

Fyi, madam is also on Nairaland. Infact she actually sent this link to me.
What does this suppose to mean? Madam is on nairaland, yes, what happens? It's good let her see that the young man is going through a lot because of her attitude. I guess the so called madam is treating you nice, probably two of you have something in common. Why did she send you the link even? Who are you to her? You even mentioned the guy's name so that they all will know he's actually the one that posted it. I think you're one of the guy's problem in that office. Who knows maybe you have told the woman all the Banji guy has been telling you.. Guys be careful who you tell your plans in your office.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by ecolime(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mboi:

What does this suppose to mean? Madam is on nairaland, yes, what happens? It's good let her see that the young man is going through a lot because of her attitude. I guess the so called madam is treating you nice, probably two of you have something in common. Why did she send you the link even? Who are you to her? You even mentioned the guy's name so that they all will know he's actually the one that posted it. I think you're one of the guy's problem in that office. Who knows maybe you have told the woman all the Banji guy has been telling you.. Guys be careful who you tell your plans in your office.
Just be ready to give him a new job on Monday grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by CrazyMan(m): 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
maikbanj:

Just avoid direct confrontation with her at all times...most especially if the jobs pays well. If it doesn't then start looking for something much better.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Gkemz: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
By seeking for another job while on the job.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Sunkyboie(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2021
Keep your head down very well, and put eyes on anything she ask you to do. Because she might have something that she is hiding.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Mboi: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
ecolime:

Just be ready to give him a new job on Monday grin

You are a back stabber, you are a wicked colleague. He has not done anything bad to warrant loosing his job. If they take the job from him, he will still get a better one soon, Yes. He will. Your colleague discussed something with you in confidence, he made a post on nairaland, all you could do was to mention his name just to show everybody that he was the one that posted it. You're evil! Why didn't you reach him personally? You're looking for a favour, to bring your colleague down so that you'll be in the good book of the wicked madam. Continue! What goes around comes around.
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Mboi: 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
mascotblaze:

Don't mind the guy. Why not him reach the guy personally and tell him whatever you want to tell him, why calling his name?
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by ecolime(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mboi:
You are a back stabber, you are a wicked colleague. He has not done anything bad to warrant loosing his job. If they take the job from him, he will still get a better one soon, Yes. He will. Your colleague discussed something with you in confidence, he made a post on nairaland, all you could do was to mention his name just to show everybody that he was the one that posted it. You're evil! Why didn't you reach him personally? You're looking for a favour, to bring your colleague down so that you'll be in the good book of the wicked madam. Continue! What goes around comes around.
Stop making fool of yourself son grin
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by DonroxyII: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
Re: How Do You Handle A Difficult Boss? by Mboi: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
ecolime:

Stop making fool of yourself son grin
Old man wey dey wash pant for small girl for office.. poverty is too bad honestly..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ORION V18 step by step video tutorial / Rank In The Nigerian Customs Service / NIPR: Public Relations June 2018 Diet Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.