Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women (46929 Views)

Wizkid: Only Naira Marley Has Sang Songs That I Wish I Were Th One Who Sang Them / Eedris Abdulkareem Slams Burna Boy; Denies Beating His Landlord / Jada Pollock, Wizkid's Only Supportive Baby Mama Uses Their Son For PR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2021
This concerneth me either
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Pele10: 10:23am On Jul 09, 2021
Burna u de hide age like footballer
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2021
9jaRealist:

Leave stone and chop rice… grin

Instead of pointing out which Fela’s song have been sampled, you have arrogated to yourself the supremacy in musical taste. One person’s “trash” may well be another’s “treasure” - and there are at least 7.5 million YouTube viewers, and millions more on streaming platforms who disagree with your personal musical taste, not to mention it getting to No. 16 on the Billboard charts.
>
Almost all of his Popular songs are based on Fela
Why do you think he wears the Fela chain? undecided

If all the world streams
Kilometre is trash
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 09, 2021
jaxxy:
Burna who? And what does burna sing about?

Burna talks too much like a woman on menstruation. What real life has he sang? He copied Fela in most undecided
Listen to Real Life, then go 23 before level up.
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Charlie2020(f): 10:29am On Jul 09, 2021
illicit:
Bitches

And the girls go dey happy
. I don't think by bitches he he meant women
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Legendrysailor(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2021
morikee:
Damn niggar

The only damn niggar in nairaland is slawormirr. Who are u

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by niggadee(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2021
He’s not very loyal guy he only cares about himself i can’t stand his fake london cockney accent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 10:31am On Jul 09, 2021
TheRealestGuy:

Lmao.

Just say you don't know his discography.

He's been singing about real life issues since day 1.

No cap.
They don't Know, I'm so happy he's now getting the recognition for all his effort

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Sweeetheart(m): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2021
wizkid get many enemies and this low self esteem Burnaboy is one of them

wizkid will never downgrade any artiste in interview, he will rather dodge the question or use wisdom, this is one of the reason I like him

he's musically matured and that's what I look for in people. I love Burna boy music, had all his songs on my playlist but I detest his immaturity and over too know

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 10:33am On Jul 09, 2021
MuhMubRaj:

Listen to Real Life, then go 23 before level up.
These are even recent songs. Pree Me, Destiny, soké, omo too many I can't type now.
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by rita25(f): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2021
am not a BURNA FAN but him no be una mate...just got into the industry and trasshing you guys like back to back.and yeah wizkid does like singing about my gender too much.................i can feel it in my souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul something dey scratch you like say na jazzz arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Mykel51(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2021
phemmyfour:
You sample fela's song too much. Without that all your songs would be sounding like kilometers

You didn't listen to "Like to Party" in 2012.. Or Gumbody or Pree me or Devil in California. Burna is versatility... Wizkid has sampled Fela more than him...

This is Bollocks you wrote !

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by 9jaRealist: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:
Almost all of his Popular songs are based on Fela
Why do you think he wears the Fela chain? undecided

And yet you cannot name them… grin

theTranslator:
If all the world streams
Kilometre is trash

You repeating your opinion a million times doesn’t make it factual…
Especially considering your apparent unfamiliarity with Burna’s and Fela’s music. grin
>

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ProphetJeroboam: 10:38am On Jul 09, 2021
illicit:
Bitches

And the girls go dey happy
Girls actually love being called bitches but not by just any random guy. A dominant alpha man or a man accomplished in his fields will playfully tease a woman and call her a bitch and she will blush. You dare not try it if the woman thinks you’re below her, she will take it as an insult.

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by 9jaRealist: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2021
ProphetJeroboam:
Girls actually love being called bitches but not by just any random guy. A dominant alpha man or a man accomplished in his fields will playfully tease a woman and call her a bitch and she will blush. You dare not try it if the woman thinks you’re below her, she will take it as an insult.

No, they don’t!
Whoever gave such a PRIMITIVE MISOGYNISTIC idea?!

Girls may call THEMSELVES the b-word…
Just as blacks may call THEMSELVES the N-word, but NO man should call a woman that! EVER!!
>
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 09, 2021
DaInferno:
you self no go like sample then enter studio? Since e easy
Omo! You don finish this guy o.
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by born2begreat(m): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2021
Wizkid is a good artist but there is limitation to his songs and whom you compare him to. Someone asked me why i am not a Wizkid fan or listening to his songs, of cause i have 2 to 3 songs of his on my phone. So when i listed the kind of Artist and songs i love to this guy he knew already that i love songs with messages and very sound. I love listening to Akon, Tupac, Fela, Bob Marley, 9ice, Michael Jackson etc. That was how some f0ools comparing Wizkid to the great Fela... SMH #arifin
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 10:44am On Jul 09, 2021
9jaRealist:

And yet you cannot name them… grin
The African giant album for instance
It was when he took up the Fela style that he became popular
I don't need to tutor you

You repeating your opinion a million times doesn’t make it factual… grin
Especially considering your apparent unfamiliarity with Burna’s and Fela’s music.
>
Unfamiliarity? undecided grin
What's up with all these children? cheesy grin

Too much grammar dey worry you grin

I repeat
why do you think he wears the Fela chain?
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2021
born2begreat:
Wizkid is a good artist but there is limitation to his songs and whom you compare him to. Someone asked me why i am not a Wizkid fan or listening to his songs, of cause i have 2 to 3 songs of his on my phone. So when i listed the kind of Artist and songs i love to this guy he knew already that i love songs with messages and very sound. I love listening to Akon, Tupac, Fela, Bob Marley, 9ice, Michael Jackson etc. That was how some f0ools comparing Wizkid to the great Fela... SMH #arifin
I love Majek Fashek,Falz, Aṣa

Most of our contemporary artists have no message

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ZombieBurster: 10:46am On Jul 09, 2021
Mykel51:

You didn't listen to "Like to Party" in 2012.. Or Gumbody or Pree me or Devil in California. Burna is versatility... Wizkid has sampled Fela more than him...

This is Bollocks you wrote !
Acting Bad, Smoke some weed, Streets of Africa etc the Guy is a beast truth be told he is a better Artist than Wizkid
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by ofiko123(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2021
Who dem help??
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Emma1Oj(m): 10:50am On Jul 09, 2021
If u want to listen or watch good music with zero nudity it's Simi n Adekunle gold.
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by 9jaRealist: 10:50am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

The African giant album for instance
It was when he took up the Fela style that he became popular
I don't need to tutor you

You still cannot name the alleged samples?! grin
Meanwhile, African Giant sounds NOTHING like Fela’s music.

theTranslator:

Unfamiliarity? undecided grin
What's up with all these children? cheesy grin

Too much grammar dey worry you grin

I repeat
why do you think he wears the Fela chain?

Like so many other musicians, he draws INSPIRATION from Fela…
But that does not mean he “samples” Fela’s music - unless YOU don’t know the meaning of sampling. grin
>

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2021
All Nigerian male artistes know how to sing is about women, big yansh, cars that they don't have and all the nonsense. Producers are the real giants in the music industry in Naija. I only listen to the beats of Naija songs. I never bother with their bs contents. Y'all say the same circulated shit!

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2021
rita25:
am not a BURNA FAN but him no be una mate... just got into the industryand trasshing you guys like back to back.and yeah wizkid does like singing about my gender too much.................i can feel it in my souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul something dey scratch you like say na jazzz arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
He has been in the industry for a very long time

It was when he took up the Fela style that he "blew"

Don't say what you don't know
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by born2begreat(m): 10:52am On Jul 09, 2021
theTranslator:

I love Majek Fashek,Falz, Aṣa

Most of our contemporary artists have no message

Yes Asa too those are the people that don't only sing about love, woman but also using music to send message. I love good music in short
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by Drella(m): 10:54am On Jul 09, 2021
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by theTranslator: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2021
9jaRealist:

You still cannot name the alleged samples?! grin
Meanwhile, African Giant sounds NOTHING like Fela’s music.

Like so many other musicians, he draws INSPIRATION from Fela…
But that does not mean he “samples” Fela’s music - unless YOU don’t know the meaning of sampling. grin
>
I can see that you're kidding grin
And I would love to see where I said "he samples Fela"

I'll be waiting undecided
Re: Burna Boy Denies Competing With Wizkid, Says Wizkid Only Sings About Women by redirect(m): 10:56am On Jul 09, 2021
MANY 9JA MUSICIANS ARE VICTIM OF IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Comedian Cute Abiola Spots New Look As He Regains Freedom (Photos) / Bobrisky Shows Off Cash Sprayed At His Housewarming Party (Video) / Man Proposes To Sonia Morales, IK Ogbonna’s Wife. He Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.