Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,553 members, 7,865,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain (982 Views)

Parasitic Battery Drain On RX 350 Lexus / The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof / These Are Top 8 Things That Will Drain Your Car Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
OK on my previous post some1 was throwing tantrums about me not sharing information on how I do what I do, funny I don't even read most of the tabla that most of you stereo typos are typing,

Well this is my stand, the more you share the less needed you become... The less important you become

That's why auto makers don't share, cos they know how much they extract from training people on how to fix their car,

As for me, people who knows me always get back to me after trying out mechanics & they failed, like on this sonata battery drain,
I fixed that issue without unscrewing a bolt,

Which got me more job on transmission diag and fix, on 2009 prado..
I really don't like sharing information. If others knows what I know, I wouldn't be paid so well to do what they failed to do..

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by MARKone(m): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ma Niggy, Surgeon General of automobiles....Black surgical gloves today. Where is the YouTube link, wanna pick more Lingua this night.

1 Like

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by SamuelLoch: 12:11am On Jul 09, 2021
mrcoolautofix:
OK on my previous post some1 was throwing tantrums about me not sharing information on how I do what I do,

Well this is my stand, the more you share the less needed you become... The less important you become

That's why auto makers don't share, cos they know how much they extract from training people on how to fix their car,

As for me, people who knows me always get back to me after trying out mechanics & they failed, like on this sonata battery drain,

I really don't like sharing information. If others knows what I know, I wouldn't be paid so well to do what they failed to do..

You don't have to share all. A tip is good enough for any keenly interested and serious party to do some research and test work. Truth is, you acquired your pool of knowledge somewhere or somehow.

Let's do some work on your logo concept. Just some artistic touches to make it look better. I won't tell you my concept too grin
Just lemme know if you want me to fix it up wink
Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by homeboy205: 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
Lol funny
Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by OgaKazeem(m): 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
the precious information you hoard is all over the internet free for people to tap from.
what is difficult in finding a battery drain?

every current draw comes from the battery.
then through a fuse/relay.

Every system has a fuse through which current runs through to power them. The fuses serve as a safety device within any circuit in case there is a high amp draw due to short circuit or whatever.

Now to narrow down which system is responsible for this current draw,
first put the car to sleep.
open the doors (this is to allow easy access during diagnosis) but lock the latches (to ensure the BCM sees the doors are locked).

place an amp clamp on the main positive or negative battery wires to monitor the current beeing drawn from the battery.

next let is seat for am hour atleast just to ensure all systems are asleep.

with a multimeter, check each fuse. and note the fuses with higher than normal millivolts reading.

with this you can narrow down which system is responsible for the amp draw since we already know this is the fuse powering the system.

from here disconnect each module being powerwd on the system. there will be a drop in amp draw once you disconnect the module or component responsible for the amp draw.

The above methods are one of many accurate ways to diagnose amp draw on any vehicle which i have used to fix difficult battery drain concerns on many vehicles.

All these information is available on the net. no dey feel like say you be champ @OP.

we're all here to learn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by Blacklaurel: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
mrcoolautofix:
OK on my previous post some1 was throwing tantrums about me not sharing information on how I do what I do,

It's not a must to share your methods Oga. Many great people have perished with their knowledge and the world still exists despite that but remember nobody is an island of knowledge. Many a times you even get suggestions on how to get things done faster and better when you share.

2 Likes

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:34am On Jul 11, 2021
Nice write up, if it as you said how come on three to four counts trial with his pro techs they couldn't get it solve?
You sound deficient to my liking, read my thread again I said without unscrewing a dime thing
OgaKazeem:
the precious information you hoard is all over the internet free for people to tap from.
what is difficult in finding a battery drain?

every current draw comes from the battery.
then through a fuse/relay.

Every system has a fuse through which current runs through to power them. The fuses serve as a safety device within any circuit in case there is a high amp draw due to short circuit or whatever.

Now to narrow down which system is responsible for this current draw,
first put the car to sleep.
open the doors (this is to allow easy access during diagnosis) but lock the latches (to ensure the BCM sees the doors are locked).

place an amp clamp on the main positive or negative battery wires to monitor the current beeing drawn from the battery.

next let is seat for am hour atleast just to ensure all systems are asleep.

with a multimeter, check each fuse. and note the fuses with higher than normal millivolts reading.

with this you can narrow down which system is responsible for the amp draw since we already know this is the fuse powering the system.

from here disconnect each module being powerwd on the system. there will be a drop in amp draw once you disconnect the module or component responsible for the amp draw.

The above methods are one of many accurate ways to diagnose amp draw on any vehicle which i have used to fix difficult battery drain concerns on many vehicles.

All these information is available on the net. no dey feel like say you be champ @OP.

we're all here to learn.
Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by OgaKazeem(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
mrcoolautofix:
Nice write up, if it as you said how come on three to four counts trial with his pro techs they couldn't get it solve?
You sound deficient to my liking, read my thread again I said without unscrewing a dime thing
Can you give the details of this pro-techs?
Abi because you fix something for your mind u don assume "pro-techs" na him try check am.
God forbid I ever have the need to sound "un-deficient" to a tech who is bragging on Nairaland because he fixed a battery drain.

come here and tell us when you fix a CAN communication issue using an oscilloscope or narrow down the cause of a misfire concern on an engine without loosing a screw.

Then you fit dey proud. Till then oga, road side guys dey fix battery drain. So why you dey proud?

3 Likes

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by OgaKazeem(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Blacklaurel:

It's not a must to share your methods Oga. Many great people have perished with their knowledge and the world still exists despite that but remember nobody is an island of knowledge. Many a times you even get suggestions on how to get things done faster and better when you share.

thank you o my oga.
i remember a tech that was too proud, he didnt take any apprentices to teach the work, he said because he didnt want competition as he felt he was the best in fixing that brand.
when he died mysteriously that was the end of his workshop. his family had to start finding how to fend because the guy didnt create a system that could outlast him.

2 Likes

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by alphaNomega: 5:40am On Jul 12, 2021
There are two types of people in this world

1. Those who share information

2. Those who don't share information

The first group of people are responsible for the advancements in science and technology, benefits of which we are enjoying this very moment. Think of the mobile phone/laptop in front of you. They exchange ideas, continually evolve their skills and techniques and eventually pass on these traits to their students/progeny.

The second group of people are myopic braggarts who contribute very little to nothing to even the people closest to them, talk less of society.

6 Likes

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by baconline(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
mrcoolautofix:
No offence but I think u are full of yourself. A simple question is your channel meant for 1. Advert 2.Sharing info,
If its meant for 1 above pls move all your stuff to auto section as there is no adverts here.
I know that we are all different but cartalk is meant for info sharing on cars.U get the point!!

1 Like

Re: Hyondai Sonata Battery Drain by mrcoolautofix(m): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2021
baconline:

No offence but I think u are full of yourself. A simple question is your channel meant for 1. Advert 2.Sharing info,
If its meant for 1 above pls move all your stuff to auto section as there is no adverts here.
I know that we are all different but cartalk is meant for info sharing on cars.U get the point!!
Who says you can't do both? I am not here for information sharing I am here to sell my package.. it's not by force to share information if you need the information you seek so much ask the manufacturer.

(1) (Reply)

About Servicing With Synthetic Oil / Help:advice Needed On Chevrolet And Hyundai Cars / The Most Dangerous Road In The World Is In Bolivia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.