Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing (20027 Views)

Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case / NOUN Student Denied Access Into Exam Hall Over Indecent Dressing (pics/video) / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Pinklipz01: 8:41am On Jul 09, 2021
They want to run NDU like a Secondary School. God pass them.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Nukilia: 8:42am On Jul 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Wearing uniforms is a travesty in universities. To make it worse, they put fee of 20-30k as cost of purchasing d uniforms. I wonder how some these VCs became professor or what their professorship is about
I think someone should create a thread about their VC cheesy
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 09, 2021
LandMann:
How can you force adults in a university to wear uniforms?

No wonder some state universities and polytechnics are regarded as GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOLS.

Because when they graduate depending on the job they do they may be subject to dress codes and in some instances uniforms.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Chimeluv(f): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2021
Nigerian Universities are always eager to enforce irrelevant things undecided
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by StreetFight: 8:43am On Jul 09, 2021
LandMann:

No wonder some state universities and polytechnics are regarded as GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOLS.

But adults can be nakked on the university campus in the name of fashion and freedom

1 Like

Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2021
ARejj:
This is bad
So indescent dressing is good angry
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Lorddominic(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2021
NobleSeed:
I dedicate this FCT for this Saturday weather..
them don start again!!!! Initial gra gra.how which Nigeria universities can work alongside with this development E go make sense ooh, hmm just that it can't work, even if E work not this Buhari era cheesy

Saturday morning Bros no vex...abeg change your calendar
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by richmond500: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2021
LandMann:

I graduated from this school last year, omo the indecent dressing no be here o, girls wear bumshots that could almost show their asses to class, nipple revealing dress is a trend

1 Like

Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by seangy4konji: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2021
Lol...is this one a university of JE LE O SI MI...

Abeg make i face front jare...In 2021.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Prince001(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2021
Sabadon:
I know it might sound awkward, but wearing uniforms has a way of instilling a culture of professionalism.

For example in medical school you are meant to dress a certain way, likewise lawyers. It becomes easier adapting to such dress code even after graduation. My thoughts tho

are you serious? at university level? Culture of professionalism? which profession be that? u mean firefighters, police, and the rest? U are talking about the outdated practice we adopted from slave masters and colonialists. World don advanced ooo.
Try to look at things on both sides b4 making a judgment oooo. Professionalism got nuttin to do with wearing uniforms at the university level. I am a Professional!
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by VEXT: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2021
This law show be strictly for girls..They love dressing indecently!!
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by RZArecta(m): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2021
Sabadon:
I know it might sound awkward, but wearing uniforms has a way of instilling a culture of professionalism.

For example in medical school you are meant to dress a certain way, likewise lawyers. It becomes easier adapting to such dress code even after graduation. My thoughts tho
dress code is different from an actual uniform. NDU has had a dress code since at least 2006, it's not any students fault it wasn't implemented fully.

1 Like

Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Chatflick(m): 8:57am On Jul 09, 2021
LandMann:

If you wan call names then do so. Make I help you, na Covenant, Landmark university and the likes grin
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Lacash: 8:59am On Jul 09, 2021
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by BinamRex: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2021
Sabadon:

You are comparing apples and oranges.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by focus7: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2021
Uniform for undergraduates, are they secondary school students?
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by wamide042(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2021
Incase you don’t know, the university management must have had it to their head for them to declare that students needs to wear Uniforms or should i say each faculty should have a dress code.
I handled a project there sometimes ago and i can tell you that the way they dress there is completely indecent especially their ladies it got to a point where i had to stop one of my workers from coming to work there because he was always looking and talking about the ladies.. one thing you all should understand is that the University management cannot just wake up one morning and make this decisions.. like i said earlier. They must have had it to their head’ hence they need to declare that all faculties should have their own dress code …
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by tragergeorge(m): 9:11am On Jul 09, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

This school again, their VC sounds like a clown...

Nah you get to promulgate an unpopular policy nah you still want drag "disgruntled politicians" enter the ensuing fight.

Educated illiterates really full Nigeria.
the man tire me,
This hard time you close porter,
Wan cancel SUG cos he know their power
Imposing uniforms

Buhari sef cannot do that to university students
Students are fighting for thier rightful right ,he de say disgruntled politicians,
E for just say na buhari cos am ,we go understand
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by tragergeorge(m): 9:17am On Jul 09, 2021
wamide042:
Incase you don’t know, the university management must have had it to their head for them to declare that students needs to wear Uniforms or should i say each faculty should have a dress code.
I handled a project there sometimes ago and i can tell you that the way they dress there is completely indecent especially their ladies it got to a point where i had to stop one of my workers from coming to work there because he was always looking and talking about the ladies.. one thing you all should understand is that the University management cannot just wake up one morning and make this decisions.. like i said earlier. They must have had it to their head’ hence they need to declare that all faculties should have their own dress code …
Even my town sef
The local government de insist on uniforms cos of the way girls de dress, no come out if you no water uniform,
Mtchew rubbish,

High school students for Yankee sef no de wear uniform

You got a problem with indecent dressing,na uniform go fix am??
You never seen wetin this days secondary school girls de do to thier uniform??
If you see some with thier packaged uniforms eh,, Them hot pass club girls
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by OlujobaSamuel: 9:37am On Jul 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Wearing uniforms is a travesty in universities. To make it worse, they put fee of 20-30k as cost of purchasing d uniforms. I wonder how some of these VCs became professors or what their professorship is about
Holop, wait, mbok pls, you mean it wasn't like the sch mgt told all students to wear the same style of clothing, they actually want to sell the uniform for 20-30k? The VC needs to be sacked.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by 9jaRealist: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2021
Sabadon:

That must be why Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Sorbonne, Cambridge, Oxford, MIT, and all the top universities wear uniforms…oh wait!
Nigerians, what of a nation of too many people (especially those in positions of authority) chasing SHADOWS in derogation of substance!
>

1 Like

Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by OlujobaSamuel: 9:46am On Jul 09, 2021
wamide042:
Dress code isn't the same as uniform.
The school I went to, you will be turned back at gate if you put on any awkward clothings, 3/4 is not allowed during academic hours, so if you live on-campus and went out with a slippers, 3/4 or armless or any other forbidden clothing, just make sure you have your hostel id on you or wait till evening before entering the school.
Clothes with any awkward inscription or styles are totally banned, either around academic environment or residence.
Yet, no one puts on uniform
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by hardbody: 9:46am On Jul 09, 2021
Sabadon:

It sounds awkward really. In the university, you are allowed to grow. You have started to develop a mind of your own and take some limited decisions. All that the person requires is a level of guidance. You cannot continue to micro manage a young adult as you end up making him deficient in decision making. In fact in my time, its your problem whether you attended lectures or not. Attendance were not even taken, all the lecturers did was set tests unannounced. These days of treating young adults as overgrown kids is just never gonna make sense to me. Kids will make mistakes and learn from them, just ensure they do not make life damaging mistakes. Uniform does not make a better child, if it did, secondary school students won't be fu.c.king themselves randomly and forming cults anyhow. Let the young men be their age. I did not live a strait jacketed life of white and black in the Uni. Even at the law school i don't recall we were compelled to look like trainee lawyers but of course you saw what others wore and quickly adapted. Today, even without those mandated dressing code, I have since grown to dress as the occasion demands, formal, informal, semi formal, business meeting, court, office, swimming, football, evening outing.....etc.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by hardbody: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2021
Jamesokut:
Help: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Sex

It's not been long since I married Niyi. I married him shortly after I divorced my first husband. I divorced him because he was always beating me and he was not always taking good care of me and our two kids.

I lived as a single mother of two for about a year until Niyi came along and swept me off my feet.

To cut the long story short, we got married about six weeks ago and I am regretting marrying him already. His (something is very big) and he likes to have sex. In short, he wants to kill me with sex.

All my body aches and I barely have time for my two kids, Niyi is always spending time demanding rounds after rounds of sex.

I can't continue like this. I had peace of mind the short time when I was a single mother. I want out of this marriage. I can't continue to live my life hooked on sex. I have my health to think of, I also have to take care of my kids too

Please advice me Nigeria

You already took an advise. Follow it and stop disturbing the meaningful conversation we are having here.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by 9jaRealist: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2021
>
Some of the PRIMITIVE MISOGYNISTIC comments on this thread leaves one pondering why Boko Haram is not more popular than it is Nigeria. Obviously, there is a philosophical kinship between many Nairalanders and Boko Haram, regarding women. SMH
>
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by Rocktation(f): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2021
Sabadon:

There is no relationship between a dress code and a uniform, please. While dress code is a guideline of conformity and provides people with some options, wearing uniforms is just stiff. And if truly, this is a conscious attempt at instilling any kind of professionalism whatsoever, then it is pathetic, myopic and a band aid solution to a much bigger problem. Problem of not just the student, but of the teachers as well.
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by CodeTemplar: 10:15am On Jul 09, 2021
LandMann:

No wonder some private, state universities and polytechnics are regarded as GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOLS.

Federal nko?
Re: NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing by cardoctor(m): 10:21am On Jul 09, 2021
I hear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos) / Guide : How To Pass Jamb With Ease (score 200+ Made Easy) / What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.