Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences (19937 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by chatinent: 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
Mine: Odogwu requested I helped him during our Statistics exams.

I told Odogwu he'll have to sit close because I wouldn't want anything to happen to a four-credit load papper. Odogwu obliged.

During exams, oga Lance (invigilator) made Odugwu sit far off from me. Now this was the problem. Odogwu was asking me to throw him “mgbo.” How could I? Sb who went through thick and thin to be in school rusticated after several years? I thought it over..and signalled he asked people around him.

I was done with mine.

As I made to submit, Odogwu got up angrily and without me realising, got my papper, torn it in my face and tore his.

I literally ran mad.

To make matters worse, he pushed my chest in challenge. My anger bar was full now.

I borrowed him a quick punch to his jaw..and we were separated.

Ha, I realised I have f-ed up for (1) Being an accomplice to attenpted malpractice, and (2) Fighting.

The Sarge tell us say make we zero the paper say we no write am. “In fact, assume you didn't take this exam” he resounded.

They took us to the front of the hall to stand and watch “reasonable students” finish their paper.

Oh, my last paper.

I literally cried.

After everything, and every sacrifice!

I was urinating sth else..with a mixture of anxiety, fear, and depression.

I was watching my dreams pass me slowly.

They took us pictures, and under duress, we were told to fill the malpractice form. Tears was flowing freely from my eye and wetting the papper.

My school paid invigilators some money (we heard ₦50k) for each students caught during malpractice.

Since my stay in the school, no one has survived filling a malpractice form.

They didn't let us explain.

Odogwu didn't mind. Las las he was no sad..after all no bi only am.

In mid-thoughts whether to go and learn tailoring, or open a barber's shop, Mrs Jacintha (God bless this woman) called me and asked why I wasn't writing.

She na senior lady for the school.

I explained everything without leaving any stones unturned.

She ordered I be reinstated, tore my already filled malpractice form, and yelled at the invigilators that “ they should have allowed me speak. I do not engage in malpractice, and I was a well-behaved student.” My heart somer-tumbled in joy!

Immediately, they sent for my Statistics lecturer which he affirmed..and even called the invigilators insensitive.

I had never felt so much joy.

That was the period I realised people are always watching you even when you don't really know.

Odogwu began shedding crocodile tears and begging for a revisit of his case and told them the truth, when they told him was the only key for revisitation.

I fear human beings that day. The same guy who was incriminating me!

Long story short...
He carried the course over instead of a rustication.

-------------------

Please, share yours.

169 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Deasegun19(m): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
chai...I hope say you don bone dat guy

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Kolenda(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2021
I knew this would make front page�....
Ok... First of all, I don't know about other schools but what we're writing here is not exam... The way they pack people and they'll copy each other word to word eh....
I remember one of our lecturers going round the exam hall telling some of his friends(mostly girls) answers, he will even go to the extent of browsing the answers to tell them. Omo the man came to my side, I called him and asked him a question(my worst mistake), the man change am for me o!!! I felt embarrassed, neglected and dejected.... I later had the course an A... My mind was laughing at me all through that day for not believing in myself.. I didn't cry shaa... but the thing pained me badly...
How about the level of unprofessionalism being portrayed by most academics in my school during exams? Treating students unequally (you guessed right, yes mostly girls just to be in their good books and maybe run some shits with them after the exams or before the exams). A Dr in my department even had to call a girl to tell her where his questions will be coming from. All these were done behind our back. The Olodo girl had to call me because the compulsory question there is calculations.
Please Nigerian lecturers, stop being unprofessional. Treat everyone equally. Nothing dey for these girls body way dey make most of una mumu

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by saphiere(f): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:

I told Odogwu he'll have to sit close because I wouldn't want anything to happen to a four-credit load papper. Odogwu obliged.

During exams, oga Lance (invigilator) made Odugwu sit far off from me. Now this was the problem. Odogwu was asking me to throw him “mgbo.” How could I? Sb who went through thick and thin to be in school rusticated after several years? I thought it over..and signalled he asked people around him.

I was done with mine.

As I made to submit, Odogwu got up angrily and without me realising, got my papper, torn it in my face and tore his.

I literally ran mad.

To make matters worse, he pushed my chest in challenge. My anger bar was full now.

Ha, I realised I have f-ed up for (1) Being an accomplice to attenpted malpractice, and (2) Fighting.

The Sarge tell us say make we zero the paper say we no write am. “In fact, assume you didn't take this exam” he resounded.

They took us to the front of the hall to stand and watch “reasonable students” finish their paper.

Oh, my last paper.

I literally cried.

They took us pictures, and under duress, we were told to fill the malpractice form. Tears was flowing freely from my eye and wetting the papper.

My school paid invigilators some money (we heard ₦50k) for each students caught during malpractice.

In mid-thoughts whether to go and learn tailoring, or open a barber's shop, Mrs Jacintha (God bless this woman) called me and asked why I wasn't writing.

She ordered I be reinstated, tore my already filled malpractice form, and yelled at the invigilators that “ they should have allowed me speak. I do not engage in malpractice, and I was a well-behaved student.” My heart somer-tumbled in joy!

Immediately, they sent for my Statistics lecturer which he affirmed..and even called the invigilators insensitive.

That was the period I realised people are always watching you even when you don't really know.

Odogwu began shedding crocodile tears and begging for a revisit of his case and told them the truth, when they told him was the only key for revisitation.

Long story short...

-------------------

Please, share yours.

I don't shed tears during exams. My future cannot be defined by a paper.
I go in there and write what I know. Then leave the rest to God.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by punisha: 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
we went to night school, nothing concern us with una manufactured stories.

25 Likes

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Mindlog: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
For me, one was alone because of the sitting arrangement as you have students from departments no where related to yours seated all around you, one becomes somehow isolated as your next course mate will be seated about 4-5 rows away from you but that PSY 304-Human Sexuality exam was something else! cheesy cheesy

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by phransix2: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
How I would bond with my friends during exams, When the result comes out I would have an "A" and they would have "B or C" to think I copied from them.

Omo when we got to 300 Level these boys started covering their book from me when they realized I was still on DEAN'S LIST and a 4 Pointer.

no be person tell me I begin jack myself.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by CryptoTeacher(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
That Odogwu of a guy is wicked and heartless. He's not worth being a friend.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by shadelek(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
Omo exam fever is real oo..
It all happened when I was sitting for ACC 409 (Principles and Practice of Auditing).
Man don read well until when I got to the examination hall.
Naso man forgot everything man read. At 400 level, I was shedding tears until when one of the invigilators told me to relax for some minutes.
Lol and behold, I made "C" in that course.
Kai, the cramming is not the best way to read for an examination, once you forget am like this, it'll take time to get it right.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by sammysmiles(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
Here to read Tales by Moonlight

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
300 level! I crammed like mad! Got into the hall and blanked out.

It was the first time I understood what it meant to blank out.

People were codedly copying and whispering answers to each other, but I've never been able to do that stuff. Moreover I was at the front seat.

For like 15 minutes, I bent my head pretending to be sick!

Omo, I was crying o! I'd never felt so hepless. And I couldn't breathe! Literal heart attack. No jokes! It was like I was staring at failure and I couldn't do absolutely anything about it. I started muttering prayers! LOL!

When I was done weeping and praying, I braced up, forced myself to put down what I could put down. Had a C in that course.

It was particularly painful because I read that material. May history never repeat itself again!

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Starships4u(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
Booked!

For sale...
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Bossontop(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2021

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by GreenWire(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
never shed tear in the exam..I only shed tears at home..

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
sad
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by toluleke(m): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
I remember dubbing a guy then and there was one particular question he was answering which i had a little idea of i told the guy he is writing nonsense.. the guy replied ki iwe sha ti pun cry (just make sure you fill your book) I fail the course though since then i dey read enter exam hall. When i was in 500L the guy still dey take 100L courses e no dey take any course with us at all.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLennon(m): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
Emeka clean my name and reg.no carry my script submit o....

Anywhere I see am we go still dey fight o....

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Bornsinner7: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
The day wey dey change me go front seat for exam wey na only one question I don answer..

As them change me go front na one slay queen I go sit-down with.. she done dey cry for there already like real tears coming out of her eyes.. no hope of her passing the exam cuz nobody to copy from

Naso me sef join her dey cry oh cuz e don finish for me and her and na our final semester.. I no go like spill this course oh chai.. our village People don catch us

But God pass devil.. We later see something write

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Gyri(f): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
Na test ooo

Simple difference of two square.

How time flies.......

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Kingcalls: 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
This should b for women...cos men should not shed tears for exam

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingTom(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
It was Biochemistry, and boys don arrange formation finish say make dem align rub minds at all at all. The CURSE wey nobody dey get A or B, you too wise na C you go carry. We just wan carry our D or E fall out na so one girl just shout 'sir these boys are making noise here, I can't concentrate, omo dem come separate us... mehn begin dey cry like small pikin, to add insult to injury I recall as the lecturer dey chance for class say he no dey ask dunce questions say anybody wey dey unfortunate to get him own section (Type B) because na 3 different kinds of scripts dem share, say that person don die... you go come see questions in reverse. Long story short we passed the exams because of our collective reading class, as na wetin we read na hin comot. grin grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Prinss: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:

I was done with mine.

I literally ran mad.

Oh, my last paper.

I literally cried.

Long story short...

-------------------

Please, share yours.

Hope the punch you borrowed him you have collected it back??

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
saphiere:
I don't shed tears during exams. My future cannot be defined by a paper.
I go in there and write what I know.
grin I just dey imagine you say "I write what I know" with seriousness

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by espn(m): 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hmmmmm...
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by JBsconcept(m): 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
The exam was so simple that tears of joy rolled down my eyes, because I read well though.

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Kirinwa: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
Odumeje
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by jimmyolasun: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
hmm

there in the Hall I sat happily after hours of copying my efiko friend in an exam before we got to know that the objective exam was in "types".. my efiko friend is type b while mine was type e(same questions but re arranged answers). me I just dey tick a,b,c,d dey go.

naa from front dey announced correction for a particular question,naa there all our eyes open.

we should have seen the red flags

1. you paint your answers with pen on the question paper so no erasing.

2. the socio distancing no too much. we all thought we hit jackpot.

on realising say we Don do rubbish, and no way to make amendment. na im dey announce 10minutes more!!

tho I no fit cry, I just sat there helpless wishing I had prepared for the exam as I watch my future dey evaporate as the remaining 10 minutes dey tick tock dey go... naa that day I know wetin depression be. right from inside the Hall everything just change. my soul literally left my body.

I failed the course woefully

59 Likes 5 Shares

Reinstated UNIPORT VC, Professor Lale Makes Grand Entry / Why You Must Always Have A Pen As A Student / 13 Types Of Students You Will Find At Night Classes

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54