Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Problem With The Mtn Gprs/wap Service. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Problem With The Mtn Gprs/wap Service. (1091 Views)

How Do I Manually Configure Mtn Gprs Settings On A Htc Desire Hd Phone? / List Of WAP Sites You Know / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With The Mtn Gprs/wap Service. by U1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2007
Please has any MTN subscriber here ever managed to access any other sites on the MTN GPRS/WAP service other than the mtn loaded portal?If yes,when was that?The reason why I'm asking this question is because of the fact that I've never really achieved anything tangible on the service.
Re: Problem With The Mtn Gprs/wap Service. by nazzyon(m): 4:22am On Jul 17, 2007
I am a Celtel user but I can help.

It is not a Problem from MTN

You sound like a newbie.

After lauching your phone browser, look for Go to

Select it then type in the wapsite you want to visit.

Note: Some Websites will also open while some will not and some will direct you to their wapsite.

And for convenience sake, select search in your browser. After a while it will display a search engine, it may be Google because that is what is common to most.

In google: Type Dowload Operamini           Note: Operamini is a Browser that compresses the size of website to be viewable by phone the most recent is 4 beta

Select the first or second google displays in your search, click and and you will be directed to Opera wapsite.

* Select WAP download

You should able to follow the processes

Select your phone name and may be model, then download your opera browser.

Install and it will do some test and after that You will be guided to how to use it and befor you know it you are back like you are on the PC.

Try to dowload the Opera Mini 4 Beta

You can Zoom, it has a Mouse and very fast you will enjoy it okay.

If you need to talk call me on 0802gas0130.

Goodluck
Re: Problem With The Mtn Gprs/wap Service. by U1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2007
Hello brother,thanx for the reply.But it's not over yet.
It's not as if I don't know how this thing works it just that to download a true ringtone from any wap site all I get is something like "Error:Request timed out".Even I tried downloading the opera mini from its site(wap.operamini.com) but all I got was the same message. I mean what could be wrong.
All I've ever managed to download was just midi tones and wallpapers.
Re: Problem With The Mtn Gprs/wap Service. by Wysiwyg: 12:31am On Jul 27, 2007
If I'm allowed I guess you are using a samsung phone or your phone probably doesn't support large content download.
Re: Problem With The Mtn Gprs/wap Service. by U1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2007
Could it be the type of phone I use?I use Sagem MyX-5d.But ringtones of WAV,AMR formats are supported.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Much Is Nokia 2630 / Mtn Codes For Connecting Pc Suite / Glo Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.