Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,323 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) (55167 Views)

KSU Fresh Graduate Killed By Cow Few Days After His Pictures Went Viral (pics) / UNIBEN Final-Year Student Drowns In Ekosodin River As Police Arrest 2 Friends / Flood Sweeps Away UNIBEN Student As He Drowns In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by BleedingPen: 12:17pm On Jul 09, 2021
A fresh graduate of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) simply identified as Joshua, has reportedly drowned at a swimming pool in Benin City, the Edo state capital.

CAMPUS GIST reliably gathered that the student, popularly called ‘TJ’ by his friends, drowned at the pool where they had gone for a post-graduation picnic.

According to an impeccable source who spoke to CAMPUS GIST on Friday, the incident happened on Thursday in the Edo state capital.

“He(TJ) doesn't know how to swim, I was told he left the children's pool for the deepest part of the adults’ session where he drowned,” the source claimed.

But another source, who craved anonymity, gave a different narrative. “I was told TJ hit his head on something inside the deep pool where he was found dead.”

The deceased who ‘signed out’ barely four days ago as part of final year rituals, was a Microbiology student in the Faculty of Life Sciences.

Friends and course mates of the deceased have taken to social media to mourn the late graduate of Microbiology.

Meanwhile, CAMPUS GIST gathered that colleagues of the deceased who went to the station to report the matter have been detained by the Police authority.

https://www.campusgist.com.ng/2021/07/09/uniben-fresh-graduate-tj-drowns-in-swimming-pool/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by sam564: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
carelessness or village people call??
rest in peace late graduate....

I meeeuvvvee

22 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by nicho450(m): 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2021
RIP

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Kandeed: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2021
Well to whom it may concern, after signing out on the day u finished ur last paper. Avoid unnecessary parties for the main time, swimming and and any other typa flexing you think is important to celebrate ur success.

What you should do is go home, thank God for the journey so far, pray to him to guide you thr the labor market (Lotta graduate don't know graduation opens the door to Life's most complex n stressful journey) Seek God's face and ask Him to connect you to ur destiny helpers during service or after. partying or flexing is not necessary.

Anyways this little piece above is optional, you can decide to take it or leave it.

284 Likes 25 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Mysoul2: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2021
Too bad
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by ObaKlaz: 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
when you are happy/excited, be modest.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by TarOrfeeek: 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2021
Why?

Go to swimming pool while in University.

Knowing fully well that Mammy water likes to drown Undergraduate boys with bright future.

That N500 for swimming, will go a long way in preventing untimely death from hunger.

Buns N50 + Groundnut N100 + Spaghetti N350

13 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by airminem(f): 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
"I feel for his parent who spent years raising a boy. If you have never lost anyone before, you may never relate to the pain but for every family member who dies mysteriously or otherwise especially at a young age, the space and emptiness they leave behind can never be filled". --- Richdad 50

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by majamajic(m): 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
One girl told me she likes going swimming then
I said I will pay, u swim , she said no we must swim together
I end the relationship

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by DonBenny77(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2021
Mumu. Woman-man, na kpekus lure am go 8ft so
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by edoairways: 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Why?

Go to swimming pool while in University.

Knowing fully well that Mammy water likes to drown Undergraduate boys with bright future.

That N500 for swimming, will go a long way in preventing untimely death from hunger.

Buns N50 + Groundnut N100 + Spaghetti N350
But Uniben has swimming pool
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by NobleSeed(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
eyah!!!! Upon the uni-stress na swimming pool come end am las las .THIS LIFE EHN make I no talk say e no balance shal ..condolence to the people he left behind.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Popsmoke2: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
I never near swimming pools though I can swim but wetin them go explain give my mama of i die Inside
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by cassidy1996(m): 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hmmmm.. so sad. RIP

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by lilvicky68(m): 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Village people pro Max in action.. they knew he won't come and swim in their village river..they still had to get him to a swimming pool.. chai..

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Sesmosfame: 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2021
This why I refused to learn how to swim.
Rip

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by MoonWater: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2021
Knowing how to swim is a survival skill

14 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2021
RIP to the dead.
promote your goods for free across google surfaces, check my profile.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by notmyrealmonika: 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2021
Life
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Dahunsipaul(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2021
Omo I no Dey near anything pool after my near death experience o

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by TUANKU(m): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2021
Swimming after drinking alcohol is a quick fire way to die by drowning.

17 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Prolificgiant(m): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace adieu man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Goldenheart(m): 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2021
Rip to TJ

After 4-5 years of hard work... It's a real tragedy
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Triangles1(m): 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2021
Is it only Nigeria university student that are synonymous to swimming pool death, if it's not final year student it would be youth coper.
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Cosmatikka: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
If u no sabi swim, don't go near the pool,but ppl won't listen.
E fit be one gal drag am say "baby let's go swimming "

During my service year, some of my friends planned that we'll throw a party on the POP day. The moment they mentioned swimming, I opted out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Albert0011(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
R.I.P to him.
Same way students in Delsu dey drown almost every months.
Just avoid anything swimming if u don't know how to swim.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by themes009(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
T
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Patience11: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Village pipu at work
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by Seniorwriter(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by FutureHNDRxXx: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Fresh Graduate, TJ Drowns In Swimming Pool (photo) by 123readygo: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
BleedingPen:

https://www.campusgist.com.ng/2021/07/09/uniben-fresh-graduate-tj-drowns-in-swimming-pool/
I keep on advising young lads to always go back to their parents/guardian once they graduate.... No need trowing party after graduating when you just began the first face of life. Rest on bro

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jamb 2012/2013 Utme Registration Form Now Out / U.S. Professor Fired For Showing Paintings Of Prophet Muhammad To Students / Meet Jake, The Boy Behind The Class Captain Meme That Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.