Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,436 members, 7,843,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. (448 Views)

Landlords And Landladies Share Your Experiences With Tenants / What Kind Of House Can I Build With 3m / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Ub8956(m): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2021
Hello Nairalands, please share your experiences how you handle this tenant/landlord's problem. I'm currently having same issues and I'll also need your urgent support. Hope this doesn't go against Nairaland rules. I decided to bring it up here because it's only place outside our cattle racing assembly that we good citizens can share what affects us and get help without cattle bullying. Your brother is actually intimidated. I lost a good family member who usually help and am into banking work but got suspended last month. You know how the situation is irrespective of target options you mate, banks are sacking their workers except you have close tie with MD or belong to certain cult group among them (aka family) you can be retained. It's quite difficult I must say before bringing this up. My rent is due and my landlord is angry I should packed,or he'll seal the house today. I request good Nairalands to assist me. If 100 people support me with #500 atleast, I'll have #50,000 even before Saturday and settle my rent. Trust me I'll update everyone on this later. Lets keep praying for Nigeria, the system is bad, the government is one sided, the country is getting worst, parents are looking for alternative,Nigerians are traveling to Gambias, Senegal and it's really getting out of hand. But we have one voice here and we'll keep pushing on the truth! Thanks and one love Nairalands. I'll update the forum all of you who has contributed to help. //<!""?--Bank: Keystone bank{ Acct- 6016740668/--<?

Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Lawlab2: 6:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Ok
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by airminem(f): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2021
Hmm
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by seankafor(m): 6:51am On Jul 10, 2021
Don't you have family and friends?
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Seniorwriter(m): 6:51am On Jul 10, 2021
Only if you are not a no nonsense person....in all the places I stay my rents are remitted through my lawyer.
Most of my other bills paid through a third person under my tutelage...no direct contact with my principal unless he wants some links or advice as regards my last landlord that wanted his sister to learn how to write a grant proposal for her IT idea.
All Landlords are mostly same in character but keeping them on check will save you from their unnecessary issues...most privileged Nigerians are always full with pride so you should expect landlords to be especially the ones that inherited their property.

@OP ill suggest you approach your bank account officer...how long did you work in the bank? You should have a loan facility already built if you did work @the bank.

kingphilip:

[quote author=Ub8956 post=103551804]
You don't have idea how banking work is carried out. Termination or being suspended doesn't grant you access to those insurance offer except you personally resigned.
Not entirely true.....do you know if I was a banker or financial expert before....like someone pointed out @OP are not sincere with what really happened.

@Seniorwriter
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by othermen: 6:51am On Jul 10, 2021
You’re actually not trapped when he is asking you to go. He might have taken a loan or mortgage to get the house, he has obligations too.

Next time, when you want assist, do less inculpating. It is not your landlords’ fault that you are not meeting your obligations to him or your obligation to your employer. Than it is anybody’s fault, your whole situation seems as a result of your mindset.

You should reevaluate your approach and reset your mindset and stop seeking validation for your own failings and hoping for an education in how to be irresponsible to your landlord.

If you get your request today; with that mindset, you will be here again next year and sadly with that mindset, you may not see the value of this, how it is worth more than your rent; but then in the least, it teaches you what not to dwell upon, when your purpose is to seek help.
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Ub8956(m): 7:00am On Jul 10, 2021
seankafor:
Don't you have family and friends?

You haven't been in this before I guess..
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by kingphilip(m): 7:02am On Jul 10, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Only if you are not a no nonsense person....in all the places I stay my rents are remitted through my lawyer.
Most of my other bills paid through a third person under my tutelage...no direct contact with my principal unless he wants some links or advice as regards my last landlord that wanted his sister to learn how to write a grant proposal for her IT idea.
All Landlords are mostly same in character but keeping them on check will save you from their unnecessary issues...most privileged Nigerians are always full with pride so you should expect landlords to be especially the ones that inherited their property.

@OP ill suggest you approach your bank account officer...how long did you work in the bank? You should have a loan facility already built if you did work @the bank.

@Seniorwriter
You can only keep your landlord or landlady in check only when settle your bills as and when due which most tenants are guilty of. So they can't say a thing when the landlord starts harassing them to pay.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Ub8956(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2021
Seniorwriter:

@Seniorwriter
You don't have idea how banking work is carried out. Termination or being suspended doesn't grant you access to those insurance offer except you personally resigned.
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by kingphilip(m): 7:11am On Jul 10, 2021
Ub8956:
Hello Nairalands, please share your experiences how you handle this tenant/landlord's problem. I'm currently having same issues and I'll also need your urgent support. Hope this doesn't go against Nairaland rules. I decided to bring it up here because it's only place outside our cattle racing assembly that we good citizens can share what affects us and get help without cattle bullying. Your brother is actually intimidated. I lost a good family member who usually help and am into banking work but got suspended last month. You know how the situation is irrespective of target options you mate, banks are sacking their workers except you have close tie with MD or belong to certain cult group among them (aka family) you can be retained. It's quite difficult I must say before bringing this up. My rent is due and my landlord is angry I should packed,or he'll seal the house today. I request good Nairalands to assist me. If 100 people support me with #500 atleast, I'll have #50,000 even before Saturday and settle my rent. Trust me I'll update everyone on this later. Lets keep praying for Nigeria, the system is bad, the government is one sided, the country is getting worst, parents are looking for alternative,Nigerians are traveling to Gambias, Senegal and it's really getting out of hand. But we have one voice here and we'll keep pushing on the truth! Thanks and one love Nairalands. I'll update the forum all of you who has contributed to help. //<!""?--Bank: Keystone bank{ Acct- 6016740668/--<?

Bros let me sincere with you here, you are not okay.

What happened for the 11 months before your suspension that you couldn't save even if it is to set aside #4,500 monthly you wouldn't have been in this mess

From your write up, you've been depending on your family member to pull through and that's not just okay
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Ub8956(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2021
It's not for everyone, so please if you can't contribute,do well not to stop others from and moved. Currently receiving some support,and I'll update a shocking one before end of today, the rent could be settled this morning. You haven't been there I guess, so stop throwing *pablum*.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Ub8956(m): 8:52am On Jul 10, 2021
kingphilip:

Bros let me sincere with you here, you are not okay.

What happened for the 11 months before your suspension that you couldn't save even if it is to set aside #4,500 monthly you wouldn't have been in this mess

From your write up, you've been depending on your family member to pull through and that's not just okay
Myopic
Re: What Kind Of Landlord Are You Trapped With? Share Your Experiences. by Ub8956(m): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2021
I did promise to update everyone.
Am really amazed by your contributions. I needed little as #500 from each person that God touches to support me, but to my surprise not a single contributor drop anything less than 1k.
Not only that,a lady, yes I repeat a LADY somewhere in the south (state withheld) contacted me and assisted ,also to pay my fees from next session. I try using her name to get her on Facebook,IG and Twitter but can't. All I can say this Sunday is may God bless you all, and never or later in life should you be stranded. Recieve my prayers today. Amen! Regards.

(1) (Reply)

LAND FOR SALE IN ABA: 4.5 PLOTS OF LAND WITH OLD STRUCTURE, AT OKIGWE ROAD, ABA. / Construction Of A Duplex / Fully Serviced And Furnished Two Bedrooms Apartment For Sale In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.