Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Cars With Good Resale Value - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars With Good Resale Value (9301 Views)

List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
I am creating this thread to know which car brand has a good RESALE (second hand) value.I know of the following;
1.Benz
2.Toyota
3.Maybe Honda
4.Audi
5.BMW
6.Volkswagen.
Pls Add your Own

1 Like

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Gucciboy1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
I agree with all but Benz.
Add Dodge to the list

3 Likes

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by 4crownfortress(m): 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
Where lexus go kan dey?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2021
4crownfortress:
Where lexus go kan dey?
Lexus na Toyota na
As Acura na Honda
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by 4crownfortress(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2021
Decentdave:
Lexus na Toyota na
As Acura na Honda

And you included wolkswagen and Audi in the same list.. lol

20 Likes

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by dicksonadams(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Lol
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2021
4crownfortress:

And you included wolkswagen and Audi in the same list.. lol
abi na
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by weyreypey: 4:49am On Jul 14, 2021
Decentdave:
I am creating this thread to know which car brand has a good RESALE (second hand) value.I know of the following;
1.Benz
2.Toyota
3.Maybe Honda
4.Audi
5.BMW
6.Volkswagen.
Pls Add your Own
Buy a car that would provide reasonable safety for you and your loved ones. No go dey ply highways with the Toyota Corolla

14 Likes

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Ronzy1990(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2021
weyreypey:

Buy a car that would provide reasonable safety for you and your loved ones. No go dey ply highways with the Toyota Corolla
give an example

1 Like

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by temmym4(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Decentdave:
1.Benz
2.Toyota
3.Maybe Honda
4.Audi
5.BMW
6.Volkswagen.
Pls Add your Own

Oga, are you not in Nigeria?
Are u placing your ranking based on your preference or the real market out there?

I will pick in this following manner;
1. Toyota
2. Honda
3. Volkswagen
4. Nissan (Depending on the one u have got)
5.Benz
6. Audi, BMW and others

The first 2 rankings, you might even get buyer for it in just 24 hours..

The 6th rankings, dependin on the one you have and your luck, u might even keep reducing the price, get angry with some people's pricing, go into fasting and prayer just to get buyer in time or it ends up bn an artifact in your vicinity if u stake so high.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
weyreypey:

so trailer no fit crush G wagon..abegi that one no be point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
temmym4:

Are u placing your ranking based on your preference or the real market out there?

1. Toyota
2. Honda
3. Volkswagen
5.Benz
6. Audi, BMW and others

The first 2 rankings, you might even get buyer for it in just 24 hours.. smiley

The 6th rankings, dependin on the one you have and your luck, u might even keep reducing the price, get angry with some people's pricing, go into fasting and prayer just to get buyer in time or it ends up bn an artifact in your vicinity if u stake so high.
Lol
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by PAQ(m): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
weyreypey:

Your hatred for Corolla will not stop its sales and appeal. The Corolla is the worlds highest selling car for a reason. A heavy v6/v8 ride does not equate to safety on the highways.

6 Likes

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Blankstare(m): 6:01am On Jul 18, 2021
temmym4:

1. Toyota
2. Honda
3. Volkswagen
5.Benz
6. Audi, BMW and others

Pls , is the Nissan Versa 2008 model a good buy for 2m? I want to be sure of what am going into, and the small engine size of 1.6 - 1.8l isn't encouraging me.
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Kingsoul1(m): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2021
Blankstare:

Pls , is the Nissan Versa 2008 model a good buy for 2m? I want to be sure of what am going into, and the small engine size of 1.6 - 1.8l isn't encouraging me.

It's a nice car and the price is fair as well. The fuel economy of that car can be compared to that of a corolla. I have one available for sale

https://www.nairaland.com/6529840/2012-nissan-versa-foreign-used#101228178
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
PAQ:

Your hatred for Corolla will not stop its sales and appeal. The Corolla is the worlds highest selling car for a reason. A heavy v6/v8 ride does not equate to safety on the highways.
Corolla is highest selling in Nigeria not in the world oo brother
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by PAQ(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Decentdave:

Google is your friend bro. Just ask "the most sold car in the world". But since its obvious you couldnt, then here;

https://www.infoplease.com/world/travel-transportation/top-ten-best-selling-cars-all-time
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by xperiencelove(m): 6:29am On Jul 20, 2021
It is the highest selling car in the world since 2020. I think it is because it has one of the best engines Toyota has ever produced. Though I uses Camry and Lexus because they have more stability and safety than Corolla.
Decentdave:
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by xperiencelove(m): 6:30am On Jul 20, 2021
In Nigeria today, no car has more resale value than Toyota.

5 Likes

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Dez10(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Pls watch out for the transmission, i believed it is equipped with a CVT( continuos variable transmission). It is not like d regular transmission. Pls do extensive research on it
Regards.

Pls , is the Nissan Versa 2008 model a good buy for 2m? I want to be sure of what am going into, and the small engine size of 1.6 - 1.8l isn't encouraging me.[/quote]
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by komekn(m): 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
PAQ:

For those who choose emotive sentiment over rational and objectivity. Below a link to two YouTube video � which explains the matter CONCLUSIVELY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHsoF5F57s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGROh-9JTT8

You can see what happened to the much bigger Toyota Avensis in a shunt with a Volvo XC70. Now imagine that was a Corolla hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by PAQ(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
komekn:

For those who choose emotive sentiment over rational and objectivity. Below a link to two YouTube video � which explains the matter CONCLUSIVELY.

You can see what happened to the much bigger Toyota Avensis in a shunt with a Volvo XC70. Now imagine that was a Corolla hmm

This thread is about cars with good resale value and not the safest cars. Anyway, from 2015 all Toyotas including the Corolla comes with Toyota Safety Sense. This system has;
Collision detection with Automatic breaking
Lane assist
Automatic headlights
Road sign assist

Corollas from 2014 & above are not expensive for nothing. It delivers on its promise; safety and reliability. It doesnt want to be fast or big, that is for the Camrys and Avalons. All the negativity comes from 2003 to 2007 Corolla which is still a very very reliable car and will outlast many modern vehicles.
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by temmym4(m): 8:16am On Jul 21, 2021
Decentdave:

Google is your friend!

"Top 10 best selling cars of all time"
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
komekn:

sad
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
Gucciboy1:
I agree with all but Benz.
Add Dodge to the list
it seems Benz has one of the cheapest engine. Am saying this from research am wondering if is the old Benz

1 Like

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by donlet(m): 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Decentdave:
1.Benz
2.Toyota
3.Maybe Honda
4.Audi
5.BMW
6.Volkswagen.
Pls Add your Own

Ford
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by dadabashua1(m): 6:29am On Jul 26, 2021
temmym4:

1. Toyota
2. Honda
3. Volkswagen
5.Benz
6. Audi, BMW and others

you are right sir,seconded
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by dadabashua1(m): 6:34am On Jul 26, 2021
Decentdave:
1.Benz
2.Toyota
3.Maybe Honda
4.Audi
5.BMW
6.Volkswagen.
Pls Add your Own
just remove the May be you added for Honda oga,as far as Nigeria is concern na that taiye and Kehinde called Honda and Toyota o,lol,if you visit north and see how Honda de ball,you will quickly remove the May be,despite all odds Honda and Toyota remains the Nigerian car.

1 Like

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
dadabashua1:
just remove the May be you added for Honda oga,as far as Nigeria is concern na that taiye and Kehinde called Honda and Toyota o,lol,if you visit north and see how Honda de ball,you will quickly remove the May be,despite all odds Honda and Toyota remains the Nigerian car.
but that ball joint issh na him devalue Honda to the nearest minimum
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by dadabashua1(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Decentdave:
yes it affected it but it's gradually fading away by the day as people are getting to understand how to tackle the issue better,and the newer models no longer experienced the leg issue,it has been resolved, reasons why 2013 accords has a crazy high second hand value
Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by PAQ(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
Decentdave:

That problem affects just a few specific year models. All cars have their bad years, even the BENZs & BMWs. Have u seen a 2013 Accord on the roadq? Even the 2008 models are very tough cars.

3 Likes

Re: Cars With Good Resale Value by Decentdave(m): 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2021
[i][/i]
PAQ:

That problem affects just a few specific year models. All cars have their bad years, even the BENZs & BMWs. Have u seen a 2013 Accord on the roadq? Even the 2008 models are very tough cars.
even the 2008 model do have ball joint issue. Have heard one that pulled off recently. It seems people are confused with the year Honda solved the ball joint issue. Some will say from 2008, while some will say from 2010. I really need to know the actual year

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Local Vehicle Assemblers Struggle Amid $1 Billion Investment, Lament Low Demand / 7 Reasons Why Innoson Cars Can Be Relied On / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.