Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Many Traditions Are Opportunities For Witchcraft - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Traditions Are Opportunities For Witchcraft (719 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Traditions Are Opportunities For Witchcraft by wetu: 2:10am On May 11, 2011

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

A new creation in Christ Jesus ought to critically look at many of the African traditions, especially during weddings and funerals. These are times when families come together. all the aunties come together and those with witchcraft bring it with them. There are many things which are done during these events that are inexplicable except that it is tradition. Many of those things are really opportunities for witchcraft.

I recently had an experience at a wedding where I was a groomsmen and I slept in the groom's room with the groom the day before the wedding. One of the other groomsmen was also supposed to sleep there but he somehow avoided it. I almost became a victim of witchcraft that day. I don't know exactly what was going on but I woke up because some strange spiritual things were going on. Thanks to the Holy Spirit of God for waking me up and the blood of Jesus that covers me.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

However, as Christians we should not tempt the Lord. Having had this experience, I will avoid many traditional practices from now on. If I happen to get married, I don't want a traditional wedding where all the families come together and try to "bless" the marriage with their traditional practices. We can't trust the Lord to bless our marriage if we also ask blessings from ancestors.

What are traditional practices if not honouring ancestors? Can we honour ancestors and God at the same time?

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

In order to enjoy God's protection, we need to separate from wordly things including traditions. What do you think?
Re: Many Traditions Are Opportunities For Witchcraft by tpia5: 2:30am On May 11, 2011
Can you explain more.

What happened exactly.
Re: Many Traditions Are Opportunities For Witchcraft by wetu: 9:19am On May 11, 2011
There was just something disturbing me spiritually, I didn't see any things neither did I wake up with any marks or scratches but I was in an unusual dreaming state and as I woke up, I said in my spirit: "wait Peter!" <assuming Peter is the name of the groom>. Which could also be maybe "stop Peter!".

It could be Peter's aunties were doing their family things and they landed on me or Peter's bride's family was doing things on him or whatever. We don't really need to go into details but as Christians we should be careful of some of the things we get involved in, in the name of tradition.

"wait Peter!" could mean Peter is making a mistake in marrying this woman maybe or whatever. I don't know what it was all about but I will avoid being a groomsman in future and if I do, I will make sure to sleep at home.
Re: Many Traditions Are Opportunities For Witchcraft by tpia5: 1:04pm On May 11, 2011
hmm.

wbb though still not enough info.

but i agree prayer can never be overemphasized and discretion is the better part of valour.

(1) (Reply)

Endure By Keeping Your Eyes On Jesus / Chi-ya. Holistic Hygiene And Christ Science. / Who Is God's True Seal Of Prophethood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.