Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (67526 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Ministering In Makurdi, Benue / Pastor Kumuyi And Wife Visit Osinbajo In Abuja / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Samneer: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
Pastor Kumuyi while preaching in today's Sunday Worship Service on the topic 'The Word in A Transformed Believer' reportedly chastised some sections of the church. He expressed his concerns in the message on how some church leaders have bastardized the church's doctrines of which was meant to make some corrections and lead people aright. He further explained that most of the church doctrines were man made, and he created them, not that they were from the scriptures- the reason of which is to set people on the right path are now being transformed into the things of this world.

He further said that most traditions that were borrowed into the church are going to be demolished. He went on to go against the tradition usually observed by the Church's marriage committee, which is peculiar to Deeper Life. He asked the congregation of the church "Are we not conforming with the world"
"Why are you dressing like of the world?" He called on the men to be in charge in their own home.

In his own words, he said

"Women ministry is our own making, and if we find out that the women ministry is taking us into the world and we are helping each other on how to leave like the world and marry like the world and deal with your husband like the world- if it is not helping us and if it is going to hinder us, we strike if off"

"Before I leave, I mean before I go, I am going to remove everything that I set up, that I thought will help Deeper Life and make us Holy, make us sanctified, make us deep, make us deeper. And I see it is not making us deeper, before I leave, I will uproot all of them and present to you a pure church before I leave"

"What am I afraid of? I can only be afraid of the judgement of God, therefore whoever responds, praise the lord, whoever reacts praise the lord. We are going to stand on the word of God"

"By the grace of God I am not going yet, but, before I go and I am telling you and all our leaders can hear. I am not going to hand over Deeper Life to somebody who will come and destroy everything we've built up for years, because he's man pleaser, women pleaser, never! Somebody who will stand on this word and earnestly defend the faith once delivered unto the saints, that's what we are going to do. And the whole church will unite. We are not looking for graduates, degrees- whoever! Peter did not have a degree"

"Whoever, will maintain that sanctification, Holiness without which no man shall see the Lord, Whoever will have backbone and be willing to stand faithful, sacrifice everything and bring to church to obedience to the word of God, that's the kind of leader, God will raise up for Deeper Life after I am gone"
Meanwhile, some members were crying while he was preaching. He himself was sweating profusely.

Here is the link to the video http://2015services.s3.amazonaws.com/SWS/SWS29032015_The_Word_In_A_Transformed_Believer_Low.mp4

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
He is always blunt when chastising his own members and thats admirable.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by noblealuu: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
You seem not to understand the difference between church doctrines and traditions, there r two different things, go check up!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by missross(f): 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
The members are gonna be so deep now that the women may begin to wear veils.

29 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Samneer: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
noblealuu:
You seem not to understand the difference between church doctrines and traditions, there r two different things, go check up!

Yes i understand you. But need I say, that doctrines are what becomes traditions today.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Samneer: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
Flautist:
He is always blunt when chastising his own members and thats admirable.
yes, I like him for that. He doesn't want to know, if you are the contributing the fattest tithe.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by noblealuu: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
Samneer:

Yes i understand you. But need I say, that doctrines are what becomes traditions today.

Nope I dnt agree wit u on this, doctrines are bible-based while traditions are man-made just as in d case under review; 'women ministry and marriage committee' for instance. On the other hand, doctrines aka dogmas are e.g salvation, sanctification, baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism to mention a few. Doctrinal teachings are bible based and r sacrosanctly upheld by most pentecostal churches. So, doctrines dnt produce traditions! church traditions r mere administrative mantra put in place by a church leadership which differ from one church to another.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Samneer: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
noblealuu:

Nope I dnt agree wit u on this, doctrines are bible-based while traditions are man-made just as in d case under review; 'women ministry and marriage committee' for instance. On the other hand, doctrines aka dogmas are e.g salvation, sanctification, baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism to mention a few. Doctrinal teachings are bible based and r sacrosanctly upheld by most pentecostal churches. So, doctrines dnt produce traditions! church traditions r mere administrative mantra put in place by a church leadership which differ from one church to another.

Have you forgotten that some doctrines, though false, are persistently practiced by people, which later become something they observe continuously, which in turn is known as tradition. What you go to church to do every sunday, what is it if I may ask?

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by noblealuu: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
Samneer:

Have you forgotten that some doctrines, though false, are persistently practiced by people, which later become something they observe continuously, which in turn is known as tradition. What you go to church to do every sunday, what is it if I may ask?

Young man I'm nt here to engage u in any form of theatrical argument I'm not disputing the fact on what Kumuyi adumbrated as you have unequivocally posited here. Where my opinion is @ variance with u is the appelation 'doctrine' u added which is outrightly misleading and I can't shut my eyes to this false addendum grin!

For ur info, I sat under his tutulage when dis mssge was goin on 2dae! I had wanted going to Redeem Church where I hv apparently being worshipping since late Jan, '15 but decided to cast in appearance in Deeper Life for today cheesy

Please find attached the 21 Deeper Life Doctrines which are not perculiar to deeper life alone but to a number of other BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCHES out there!

The Holy Bible
The Godhead
The Virgin Birth of Jesus
Total Depravity and Guilt of All Men
Repentance
Restitution
Justification
Water Baptism
The Lord’s Supper
Entire Sanctification
Holy Ghost Baptism
Redemption, Healing and Health
Personal Evangelism
Marriage
The Rapture
The Resurrection of The Dead
The Great Tribulation
The Second Coming of Christ
Christ's Millennial Reign
The Great White Throne Judgement
The New Heaven and The New Earth
Hell

So in sum bro, traditions aren't doctrines and the former doesn't beget the latter over time!

Thank you for ur understanding, and remani blessed! cool

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by zik4ever: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
Beloved brethren, he never said he will scrap any Bible doctrine. He was talking of some administrative structures, practices and procedures in the church.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
FP please..What are the mods still doing? Election is over we all know the winner. grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Pukka36(f): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
He does not mince words when dishing out correction to His church.One of the men of God who has stood the test of time.

23 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ikorodureporta: 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
Soundz like his 'exit' prophecy

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kristen12(f): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
Mr op, he's scraping traditions not doctrines

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kristen12(f): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.
I'm sure he isn't on nairaland and he definitely won't see your post. Do yourself a favour by looking for him and tell him.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
kristen12:

I'm sure he isn't on nairaland and he definitely won't see your post. Do yourself a favour by looking for him and tell him.

Who cares about the old bag.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Samneer: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:

Be careful and be warned. Don't be a scapegoat.

29 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Samneer:

Be careful and be warned. Don't be a scapegoat.

A scapegoat to what if i may ask?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Samneer: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:

A scapegoat to what if i may ask?

oh! sorry, you scared already?

17 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
Samneer:

Scared of you??
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Misogynist2014(m): 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:

That is why you shouldn't have bothered commenting. Let us remain delusional, its the only way we make sense of our world. One thing I know is that those same people you look at has one thing you don't have, HOPE. You have become vain in your imagination, seeking for proof where only logic is needed. Taking the entire universe in their billions, instead of marveling them in the singularity of their beauty and magestic construction, by none but the ANCIENT OF DAYS. You all have proved yourselves to be wise and became fo.ols, yes a big one. If the universe was built by random causes, why are all planets and moons spherical? Oh, they are working on it, right? Buying time, not knowing you are closer to death. Even a goat knows the Hand of the LORD has done this. Stay blessed and continue living in solitude of hopelessness, seeking to disprove His existence instead of searching for HIM. I even doubt that with the degree you've profaned the precious NAME of the LORD, you can be forgiven, but who am I to judge?

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paulGrundy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Samneer:

Dude is a member of guru-malaji, don't take his posts seriously ^^^

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Misogynist2014(m): 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:

If there is anyone hopeless I think its you.
One BIG mistake you make is thinking atheism and science go together, in fact they are worlds apart. You also think everything in science is provable and testable? That is a very big joke! Stop looking at theists as ignorant of science, mordern science came from islamic scholars. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Ishilove: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
Why does he sound like he is going to die soon? sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by 5p1naz(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
Good thing
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Chiefpriest1(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
Long overdue, but too many parables in the speech. Kinda hard to decode

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Maczeelly(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by omenka(m): 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Even Kumuyi has caught the #Change fever. grin

Sai Baba Kumuyi.
Sai Baba.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
very good

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City / One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! / Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.