Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes (3649 Views)

Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Issa Hayatou Named FIFA Acting President / Nigeria Is Very Important To CAF – Hayatou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by ngodus: 2:27am On May 11, 2011
Two of African football's most powerful men have been accused of taking bribes related to Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid.

Confederation of African Football (Caf) president Issa Hayatou and executive committee member Jacques Anouma were reportedly paid US$1.5m by Qatar.

The accusations were made by British MPs at the culture, media and sport committee in the House of Commons.

MP Damian Collins said the evidence against the Fifa pair was submitted by the Sunday Times newspaper.

http://kabibi.com/lates-news/sports/3893-cafs-hayatou-and-anouma-accused-of-taking-qatar-bribes.html
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by delegiwa(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2011
No wonder our own Adamu appealed his own case as he knew he wasn't the only rotten egg in Fifa.
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 11, 2011
AFRICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by dondada1(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2011
After then to crucify Naija for taking bribe, Now lets see what they will do to Hayatou
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by mikuz(m): 1:19pm On May 11, 2011
Sunday times again? British media no go kill person o!
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by shade123: 1:23pm On May 11, 2011
Let me know if they can also suspend the CAF president.
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by chelseabmw(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2011
Pls these guys should be sanctioned. . . . .Period embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by vislabraye(m): 1:36pm On May 11, 2011
They caught Amos Adamu and now Issa Hayatou. The embittered British must dig in deep to fish out the truth.
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Suntemi(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2011
dondada1:

After then to crucify Naija for taking bribe, Now lets see what they will do to Hayatou

shade123:

Let me know if they can also suspend the CAF[b] president[/b].

grin grin grin
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by 10cirenoh: 2:19pm On May 11, 2011
Are they trying to say it's only Africans that know how to collect bribes?
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by joecrack(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2011
Fifa has become big politics,dont be surprised blatter might have gotten his own cut.the only mistake our own amos did was getting caught,what do u expect the guys name is 'adamu'
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by sirp2007: 2:28pm On May 11, 2011
l think this is more than just Africans and nija, its abt fifa,that house is toooo corrupt.even jack Warner,& others(Brazilian,Paraguay etc rep) were indicted by TRIESMAN,ex-English f a boss
my worry is what happens to the giver?cos in law both the giver & taker of bribe are guilty.
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by omo9ja1(m): 2:51pm On May 11, 2011
hmm shame on FIFA, all the officials are not clean I knew is not going to be Adamu alone, they punish england in world cup bid now briss blow fowl harsh dom ,
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Vickivicki(m): 3:22pm On May 11, 2011
tHIS IS HILARIOUS!

WE NEED TO SEE ITS END.

SCENE 2 ACT 1

AFRICA
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 11, 2011
FIFA is corruption personified,and it is not a new thing.
This corruption has been going on since the time of Joao Havelange.Every time the bidding for the FIFA tournaments come along it is a period for the fat cats at FIFA to make tons of money.
FIFA is like a secret society. Sepp Blater has been a curse to world foootball,and because he is corrupt ,he can't clamp down on the other corrupt members of his secret society.
I watched him on Eurosport yesterday,when he was asking the accusers to provide evidence of corruption.
Is' it not an irony, that football  which is a game played by young virile men(Womens football is a joke),while the administration of football is conducted by geriatric,feeble and corrupt old men,most of whom never played the game.
Its just crazy.
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by sulad82i(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2011
Hope all these suckers get burn with justice
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by IYANGBALI: 3:32pm On May 11, 2011
no wonder i have been having fever FIFA for the past 4 years grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 11, 2011
Any time there is talk of corruption in FIFA,the name of FIFA member Jack Warner always crops up.
It is rumoured he is the main conduit pipe in FIFA and Blatters right hand man.
Amos Adamu and Issa Hayatou,are small fry compared to Warner.
Of course nothing can be traced to Blatter.Hes too smart!
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 11, 2011
My fingers crossed, my feet tapping the floor,
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Dsense(m): 4:03pm On May 11, 2011
@Topic.

That's African leaders for you embarassed
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by babyboy3(m): 4:05pm On May 11, 2011
I dont know why everyone is loosing hair over this issue the English who made the news public were just bitter they lost out! the question was asked why didnt Lord Trisman mention this before the voting took place! or are we talking about the same English FA bought Louis Vuitton bags for wives of the FIFA committee or Friendlies with Trinidad and Tobago, Mexico, Swiss etc demanding Beckham appearing were all sweatners for votes but got bitter in the end because they lost out!!!
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by snowdrops(m): 4:13pm On May 11, 2011
If England had been awarded the2018 worldcup one wonders if these revelations would have emerged.
Looks like a case of sour grapes.
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by justwise(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2011
10cirenoh:

Are they trying to say it's only Africans that know how to collect bribes?

Is Brazil an African country?
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by babyboy3(m): 4:19pm On May 11, 2011
If England had been awarded the2018 worldcup one wonders if these revelations would have emerged.

You know!!! The moment they lost they couldnt help it
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 11, 2011
snowdrops:

For your info,england lost the hosting right because their paper exposed all the mago mago going on in FIFA.so no be today dem dey talk
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by justwise(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2011
baby-boy:

I dont know why everyone is loosing hair over this issue the English who made the news public were just bitter they lost out! the question was asked why didnt Lord Trisman mention this before the voting took place! or are we talking about the same English FA bought Louis Vuitton bags for wives of the FIFA committee or Friendlies with Trinidad and Tobago, Mexico, Swiss etc demanding Beckham appearing were all sweatners for votes but got bitter in the end because they lost out!!!

But BBC panorama program aired the corruption program few days b4 the result, u did not see that?
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by mbulela: 4:54pm On May 11, 2011
It is not an african thing, World football is more corrupt than an organisation in the world. From Blatter to the door man in the FIFA house in Zurich, corruption is institutionalised.
Just watch the game and ignore the politics.
money has ruined the game and the fans are the worst for it.

you have not even mentioned the don of FIFA corruption, Jack Warner.
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by queensmith: 5:17pm On May 11, 2011
this was raised aaages ago by the BBC!

i am 1000000% sure they all take bribes, and the bidding simply goes to the highest briber! selection of these events is simply too random!
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by bababuff(m): 5:19pm On May 11, 2011
I have always suspected that criminal called Issa Hayatou. angry
Re: Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes by md4real(m): 6:27pm On May 11, 2011
i am not surprised. shit like these happen where you have to lobby to get what you want. the britons are sad because they came second best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Week 38 Pool Result For Sat 23, Mar 2024 / "PLEASE HELP", I'm Having Problem With My Login / Names Of Arsenal Players Of Nigeria Descents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.