Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,038 members, 7,852,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics (1611 Views)

SCOAN: Evelyn Joshua Emerges As Successor Of TB Joshua - African News / Wiseman Daniel Starts His Own Ministry Independently Of TB Joshua / 80,000 Scottish Independence Supporters March In Confirmation Of TB Joshua’s Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Image123(m): 5:33am On Jul 13, 2021
petra1:

Pastor Chris only went there by TB request that year you dont have to keep talking childish

Pastor Chris just like most of his followers lack common discernment. Like you showed,you can't name one false prophet even if your life depended on it. He doesn't know when he's being deceived, same pathetic case he has with 5Gs and vaccines and divorce. All he knows is "I'm a man of God", lol.

Instant Miracles . cancers disappears, dead came to life, dead baby in the womb came out at streatch of hands, cancers came out. fibroids instantly came out . madness instantly healed. cripple instantly walked and many many Instant cases.
which one of these

So Which Miracle did your Pastor Work

You've got to be either lying or plain ignorant. All the major pentecostal pastors in Nigeria have testimonies of instant miracles, healing of cancer, fibroid, madness, cripple and resurrection.
The interesting thing is that none of the major/popular Pentecostal pastors are accused of staged or fake miracles. TB and his junior pastor have the badge by both members and former pastors.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by petra1(m): 9:11am On Jul 13, 2021
Image123:

Pastor Chris just like most of his followers lack common discernment.

what discernment do you understand discernment or anything aboyt the holyspirit? even your Pastor will laff at you . when your Pastor visited Celestial churxh in ikorodu where was his discernment? grin

You've got to be either lying or plain ignorant. All the major pentecostal pastors in Nigeria have testimonies of instant miracles, healing of cancer, fibroid, madness, cripple and resurrection.
The interesting thing is that none of the major/popular Pentecostal pastors are accused of staged or fake miracles. TB and his junior pastor have the badge by both members and former pastors.

Story,story . You could not even answer a simple question . what miracles has your Pastor worked. compared to the man youre condeming.

2 Likes

Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by rhektor(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2021
petra1:

Pastor Chris only went there by TB request that year you dont have to keep talking childish

Instant Miracles . cancers disappears, dead came to life, dead baby in the womb came out at streatch of hands, cancers came out. fibroids instantly came out . madness instantly healed. cripple instantly walked and many many Instant cases.
which one of these

So Which Miracle did your Pastor Work

The last question is wrong, completely wrong sir. No pastor or Christian work miracles, God Himself is the miracle worker. You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples. Psalm 77:14
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2021
Maestro21:

You are definitely wrong and one day you will come back to testify. William Marion Branham that many regard today as a prophet was called the same or worse in the 40s-60s.
You've have to wait forever if so for that because the Truth is that TB Joshua was diabolic and the Truth doesn't change with time.

By the way, just so you know, I was also deceived by the appearances of that merciless serpent for a long time, so I hope you also get to know the truth about TB Joshua someday.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by petra1(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2021
rhektor:

The last question is wrong, completely wrong sir. No pastor or Christian work miracles,

It depends on the context sir. We do the work by taking advantage of Gods power. we win souls, we cast out devils etc

Matthew 10:8
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luke 10:9
9 . .. And heal the sick [/b]that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

[b]2 Corinthians 12:12
(NLT)
12 When I was with you, I certainly gave you proof that I am an apostle. For I patiently did many signs and wonders and miracles among you.

Acts 28:8 (AMPC)
8 And it happened that the father of Publius was sick in bed with recurring attacks of fever and dysentery; and Paul went to see him, and after praying and laying his hands on him, he healed him.

using God terminology based on context is not out of place .

2 Likes

Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Image123(m): 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2021
petra1:

what discernment do you understand discernment or anything aboyt the holyspirit? even your Pastor will laff at you . when your Pastor visited Celestial churxh in ikorodu where was his discernment? grin

Of course not, how can i? i think you have referring to the wrong person. Why don't you face the simple issues squarely instead of eternally trying to attack my person or fix me into your wished denomination? It's not a denominational flesh measurement contest. The fact is pastor Chris exercises little or no discernment as seen in his scandals with TB, divorce, 5G and co. You his followers also have the same disease as you cannot spot one false prophet in the whole world even if your life depended on it.

Story,story . You could not even answer a simple question . what miracles has your Pastor worked. compared to the man youre condeming.

Oh, the testimonies are stories to you but your senior pastor TB's are light. Comedian. Go and search Google for any of the popular denominations and mention any of the diseases, you'll find testimonies. They have virtually nothing behind TB.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by BlackJudas: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
God bless you Op
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by birdman(m): 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
Maestro21:

No, if the issue was being cautious, that would have been fine. It is definitely allowed. The issue was criticism, name-calling, shaming, barefaced lying about something they did not understand. That one is pure bad belle.

I havent seen any of the forerunners name call. I heard Okotie say some uncharitable things, but I dont consider him an exemplar. I cant find anywhere where Adeboye or Okonkwo or Oyedepo, the accused principals have disparaged the man. As for criticism, if you are a leader, it is warranted, as long as it is respectful. If there is any bad belle, it is constantly from folks who keep attacking these guys - they are human, and cannot be everything everybody wants.

Personally, I wouldnt roll with SCOAN, because the miracles he would do those early days smell funny to me. I could very well be wrong, but I'm not taking the chance. Im not his savior, so I mind my business. But I wouldnt recommend something I avoid to other people. I would expect church leaders to do the same for their flock. I dont see any bad belle in this.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by petra1(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2021
Image123:

. The fact is pastor Chris exercises little or no discernment as seen in his scandals with TB, divorce, 5G and co

scandals will always be part of persecution. It doesn't mean anything .
You church cancels peoples wedding
s for make makeup yet your G.O sons wedding had good discernment. religious biggots are always hypocrites.

for your celebrated 5g scandal. its only from your myopic eye . the truth is getting more glaring that Pastor Chris has bren right all along. remember it alwas take people like you 20 yeaes to catch up .

You his followers also have the same disease as you cannot spot one false prophet in the whole world even if your life depended on it.

2 Likes

Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Image123(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
petra1:

You church cancels peoples weddimg for make makeup yet your G.O sons wedding had good discernment. religious biggots are always hypocrites.

for your celebrated 5g scandal. its only from your myopic eye . the truth is getting more glaring that Pastor Chris has bren right all along. remember it alwas take people like you 20 yeaes to catch up .

Oh, the testimonies are stories to you but your senior pastor TB's are light. Comedian. Go and search Google for any of the popular denominations and mention any of the diseases, you'll find testimonies. They have virtually nothing behind TB.

in the eye of people like you who know not nor experience the works of the holy spirit others are always false.

Evidently, you're mistaking me for someone else or trying hard at attacking the messenger instead of the message. i will gladly remind you. The likes of Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Olukoya, even young ones like Enenche are the popular denominations in Nigeria. The above mentioned have more members than TB's building. There is NOT one miracle that you can say TB did that is not in all these ministries.
The beauty of it is that they are all without scandal. None of them have prominent members/pastors leaving their church and accusing them of sin or occultism or immorality or being of the devil or staged miracles. Unfortunately, TB and his junior pastor are always enmeshed in one foolish sin or the other. Today divorce, tomorrow masturbation, next day paid actors, rituals, etc.
Pastor Chris is so ashamed of his gaffe and lack of discernment he's still pretending not to have heard that his senior prophet died. Soon enough, he'll be ashamed again with his Covid and America theories. Don't know why he can't be ashamed enough to make up with his wife. It is to be giving ridiculous number of viewers, awarding thieves and taking pictures with hooligans wearing bones that he's quick to do.

1 Like

Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 11:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
birdman:

I havent seen any of the forerunners name call. I heard Okotie say some uncharitable things, but I dont consider him an exemplar. I cant find anywhere where Adeboye or Okonkwo or Oyedepo, the accused principals have disparaged the man. As for criticism, if you are a leader, it is warranted, as long as it is respectful. If there is any bad belle, it is constantly from folks who keep attacking these guys - they are human, and cannot be everything everybody wants.

Personally, I wouldnt roll with SCOAN, because the miracles he would do those early days smell funny to me. I could very well be wrong, but I'm not taking the chance. Im not his savior, so I mind my business. But I wouldnt recommend something I avoid to other people. I would expect church leaders to do the same for their flock. I dont see any bad belle in this.

Your post is more mature than many others I have read here. Truth be told, the likes of Adeboye and Oyedepo did stay away from the hoopla from time immemorial till now. Bishop Okonkwo, sadly, said some wrong things but I have not heard anything else from him since that time. However, there are others, spiritual sons of some these men who felt empowered by their silence to say some disparaging things. The funny thing is, the Prophet Joshua has never and never said anything in response. The man did sure know how to treat irrelevant people.

As for your decision not to roll with SCOAN, that is also allowed. As long as you admitted your opinion could be wrong and how you would rather mind your business. That is what Christ wanted us to do. And if you would not recommend something to people you know, you might as well not talk about it at all - rather than make an opinion and be ultimately wrong.

God works with people differently. Sometimes he will lead us elsewhere because he knows the strongholds we already have that will limit us from receiving from some one else that he would have recommended. There is a good, acceptable and perfect will of God.

I for one have never visited SCOAN but I know many who have and 95% of them came back with testimonies. I have observed the man in question and all I could see was the heart of a genuine man who focused on his call and was never distracted. Then I have pressed into God in prayers, asking about the man and God confirmed what I had already noticed- that he was a true MOG. I have friends from different ministries - some from even the ministries who criticised him and guess what, God gave some of them visions about the man and many of them wept sore and repented from the awful things they had at one time said about him. That was all I needed and that is all I got.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You've have to wait forever if so for that because the Truth is that TB Joshua was diabolic and the Truth doesn't change with time.

By the way, just so you know, I was also deceived by the appearances of that merciless serpent for a long time, so I hope you also get to know the truth about TB Joshua someday.

Oh no, I am not saying in this life time. Some people here will have to go heaven and be placed under Prophet Joshua to accept they were wrong all along. Your case will not be any different.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 12:07am On Jul 14, 2021
petra1:

You church cancels peoples weddimg for make makeup yet your G.O sons wedding had good discernment. religious biggots are always hypocrites.

It depends on what one even calls scandals. I personally feel it is scandalous for a MOGs wife to die of cancer. I know some of the people who hate Prophet Joshua are mad that he told people to "watch and pray" and then take a nap into the presence of Jesus. If he had suffered for months with cancer ravaging his internal organs they would have used it to preach sermons on how they prophesied it. The man lived and transited as a real prophet. That is not to say any one who died of a disease is not of God - but there are levels to this thing. That is all I am saying.

What 5G scandal again kwan? Is it the fake caption that they claimed he said 5G was causing COVID-19 abi the clowns spewing such nonsense not see the plot he drew showing the 2 angles these globalists will use to force "vaccinations" on people? What part of that prophecy has been proven wrong? Matthew Ashimolowo is not waiting for 2 weeks to slow the spread again, more than 18 months in and governments are still looking for reasons to lockdown even when they cannot find cases to do so, Fauci's email already confirmed that COVID-19 was not only engineered but that he knew about it all along whilst still lying to the public. The same Fauci even told some of his staff in his emails that masks don't work - all part of the prophecies Rev Chris gave by the spirit in April 2020.

The only people calling that one a scandal are those still living in denial. How many doctors, epidemiologists, professors in Oxford, Berlin, Canada, USA etc have come out to say 5G roll-outs should be discontinued? There are levels to this thing. grin

When they get tired of being wrong, notice how they start making up folk tale. Rev Chris that was giving ecumenical centre 1 billion naira, Benson Idahosa Uni 1 billion naira - there is even one Bishop in USA that he gave 6 million USD for their church building. That is the man who is looking for Maxwell's money? lol. When these funny people know the type of figures we deal with and what we are about, they will know that having a mega church is not about having random buildings everywhere with 5 people in it. It is about a strong global presence - one that if you have a building in say Russia, it will not be filled with 10 yoruba people (there is nothing wrong with that but there are levels to this thing).

E dey sweet us, E dey pain them. E dey pain them, E dey sweet us. grin

in the eye of people like you who know not nor experience the works of the holy spirit others are always false.

The highlighted portion dey make me laugh. Like I have been saying, there are levels to this thing. A minister can stand in front of a congregation and pray about many things. 1 person who formerly depended on crutches can limp his way to the front saying he has been healed. That is level one. Another level is a minister can specifically pray about certain conditions. 1 or 2 people with those conditions can come out to testify that they have been healed of said conditions. The highest level is when the minister asks people with that specific condition to come out. Then in front of everybody he prays for each case and we SEE said people healed instantly. That is the Jesus level (using Makandiwa's words).

Interestingly, all those ministers can claim instant healing and they will be right, but as we can see, there are levels to this thing called instant miracles. grin grin
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:09am On Jul 14, 2021
Maestro21:

Oh no, I am not saying in this life time. Some people here will have to go heaven and be placed under Prophet Joshua to accept they were wrong all along. Your case will not be any different.
Good!

I'm absolutely certain that you'd eat these your words at the end. So let's wait and see.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 12:14am On Jul 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Good!

I'm absolutely certain that you'd eat these your words at the end. So let's wait and see.

Nah, you are waiting for heaven. God has already confirmed everything for me whilst still here on this earth. There are levels to this thing bro.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:17am On Jul 14, 2021
Maestro21:

Nah, you are waiting for heaven. God has already confirmed everything for me whilst still here on this earth. There are levels to this thing bro.
Then you obviously serve a different God from mine.

Be patient.... Wait!
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 12:24am On Jul 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Then you obviously serve a different God from mine.

Be patient.... Wait!

LOL. Did you tell Paul to wait to be sure he will make heaven or not or did you not read him already saying a crown awaits him? How do you think Paul knew?
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 12:26am On Jul 14, 2021
petra1:

grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:34am On Jul 14, 2021
HigherEd:
[s]
Simply because reputation doesn't matter. What matters is friendship, sincerity, shared values, shared mission etc. If you have none of those in common with the deceased person, you have no business attending their burial.

If you attend the burial of a person you regard as illegitimate, the person's family would be justified in chasing you with cutlass. And by the way, how do you even know TB Joshua's family extended an invitation to those pastors

Imagine Israel sending delegate to the burial of Iranian General, Qasem soleimani.

Many of the churches I mentioned above may likely not offer a TB Joshua a pastoral seat if he ever visited their churches, they'd likely treat him like an everyday member because they believe he isn't one of them. So why pretend in death as though he mattered to them in life.

[/s]

Him being amongst the top prominent Christian ministers in Nigeria isn't enough "shared values and mission" abi?
Or was he preaching a different gospel?
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Maestro21:

LOL. Did you tell Paul to wait to be sure he will make heaven or not or did you not read him already saying a crown awaits him? How do you think Paul knew?
Are you Paul?

I'm not either.

I'm convinced you're wrong. You're convinced i'm wrong, that why we have to wait to confirm who's right between the two of us.

So be patient as I said if you're really sure of yourself. No need to talk too much. Let things speak for themselves at the end.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 1:51am On Jul 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Are you Paul?

I'm not either.

I'm convinced you're wrong. You're convinced i'm wrong, that why we have to wait to confirm who's right between the two of us.

So be patient as I said if you're really sure of yourself. No need to talk too much. Let things speak for themselves at the end.

Paul already told us how to know - I followed what he said and got an answer. I am not trying to convince you. You will eventually know, I already know. Know what I mean?
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:34am On Jul 14, 2021
Maestro21:

Paul already told us how to know - I followed what he said and got an answer. I am not trying to convince you. You will eventually know, I already know. Know what I mean?
Oh you also learnt from Paul, right?

Well I learnt from his Master, Jesus, and followed His instructions, and guess what, He's the One who holds the keys to the Kingdom. So can you see that you have no case?

I've already told you to wait, but if you like, don't but keep speaking... Your choice.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Oh you also learnt from Paul, right?

Well I learnt from his Master, Jesus, and followed His instructions, and guess what, He's the One who holds the keys to the Kingdom. So can you see that you have no case?

I've already told you to wait, but if you like, don't but keep speaking... Your choice.

Man, you cannot fully practice or understand christianity from Jesus' words in the bible. Jesus himself even told you to wait for the spirit to come for you to get full understanding. You had no clue what really communion stood for without Paul.

That is exactly why you are confused right now about TB Joshua.

You have essentially proven it. Thanks.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
Maestro21:

Man, you cannot fully practice or understand christianity from Jesus' words in the bible. Jesus himself even told you to wait for the spirit to come for you to get full understanding. You had no clue what really communion stood for without Paul.

That is exactly why you are confused right now about TB Joshua.

You have essentially proven it. Thanks.
If according to you, Jesus said "wait for the Holy Spirit", for you to now translate that to mean "wait for Paul" confirms the extent to which you're walking in error.

Even while Paul was yet a Pharisee, the disciples of Jesus waited as Jesus instructed them to, and the Spirit of God came upon them which empowered them to become witnesses unto Him in the world, which led to Paul persecuting them which in turn led to his conversion.

So, as you can see, it's the height of ignorance to think that anyone who keeps Jesus Words needs anyone else or Paul to understand His Words, because the disciples didn't need Him. What they needed was the Spirit of God as Jesus said, and that's what I got.

I recommend Him to you, so that you'd stop walking in ignorance thinking you need Paul to understand the Words of Jesus.
Re: The Passing Of TB Joshua And The Silliness Of Can's Critics by Maestro21: 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If according to you, Jesus said "wait for the Holy Spirit", for you to now translate that to mean "wait for Paul" confirms the extent to which you're walking in error.

Even while Paul was yet a Pharisee, the disciples of Jesus waited as Jesus instructed them to, and the Spirit of God came upon them which empowered them to become witnesses unto Him in the world, which led to Paul persecuting them which in turn led to his conversion.

So, as you can see, it's the height of ignorance to think that anyone who keeps Jesus Words needs anyone else or Paul to understand His Words, because the disciples didn't need Him. What they needed was the Spirit of God as Jesus said, and that's what I got.

I recommend Him to you, so that you'd stop walking in ignorance thinking you need Paul to understand the Words of Jesus.

No, the point was to show that Jesus' words were not enough and he said so.

Paul is not the holy spirit but the scriptures you read which were inspired by the holy spirit, 70% of them in the New Testament were written through Paul's hands. For e.g, you had no understanding of discernment until Paul explained it. You had no understanding about the office of the prophet and the gift of prophecy, you had no understanding of the fullness of the spirit etc. All these you got a whiff of courtesy, Paul.

In fact, you could not fully know who a christian was without Paul.

So pretending that you got a full understanding from Jesus' words is spiritual gymnastics my friend. The initial apostles had received the spirit before Paul yet the scriptures you make reference to are mostly from him.

Do you think it by chance? No, what it signifies is, many people can receive the spirit but only a handful commune with him intimately enough to know his deepest thoughts, intentions and meanings. That is why those apostles you made reference to were still mixing judaism with christianity until Paul.

If you do not know these fundamentals, how do you think your discernment will be quickened enough to know if Prophet Joshua is diabolic or not? lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw The Sign Of His Name In The Sky / What It Means To Follow Jesus: By Dag Heward Mills. / Can I Drink Alcohol As A Christian?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.