Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Brink Is Terrible - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Brink Is Terrible (6338 Views)

Brink Devs: Ps3 Technology Is 'ALIEN' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brink Is Terrible by playmode(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2011
So i got my copy of Brink the much anticipated multilayer shooter 4 days ago and boy was i disappointed.I don't know what is wrong with these game developers these days ,they are in a hurry to make a quick buck.When i loaded the game onto my xbox 360 ,i was quite exited when i noticed that a Nigerian actor Jimmy Akingbola was one of the people who voiced the characters in the game but that excitement soon turned into huge disappointment when the game failed to live up to expectation.The graphics of the game was Good but the controls were terrible.Another thing that made this game terrible was the camera ,it moved too fast to the point that it made me dizzy and i had to pause the game for a while to gain my composure.Being a COD veteran myself i was practically annoyed that they messed a decent looking game like this.The Gun was clunky and the controls were slow to respond.I just checked the review on www.ign.com and www.gamespot.com and they both agreed with me scoring the game a woeful 6 out of 10.

One again i find my self in a position where i realize that you can never trust video trailers.The trailer of this game made it look cool but in actual gameplay it was terrible.Needless to say i have sold over 200 copies of brink in the last 48 hrs and everyone who bought this game from me called me back to complain about how terrible it is:

Re: Brink Is Terrible by Bawss1(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2011
Any video game with a rating that is less than an 8 is most likely a very bad game these days. Trailers don't give an honest feel for games just the best parts even though they can wet the appetite real good. I usually wait a while after release to find out what reviewers make of the games unless its a title I have played before. Its because I expect no less than COD quality when it comes to fsp that I stay away from many of the titles out there. cool Many of these developers are just trying to cash in like Activision without upping the bar.
Re: Brink Is Terrible by Mavor: 11:54am On May 11, 2011
Yeah, I downloaded it yesterday for the Xbox 360, burnt it to DVD last night and played. Not impressed at all. Story is weak, Players die easily, I like the rpg customization aspects though. Oh well, waiting for L.A. Noire.
Re: Brink Is Terrible by Dolemite(f): 10:35pm On May 11, 2011
Mavor:

Yeah, I downloaded it yesterday for the Xbox 360, burnt it to DVD last night and played. Not impressed at all. Story is weak, Players die easily, I like the rpg customization aspects though. Oh well, waiting for L.A. Noire.
You got it for free so don't even complain.
Re: Brink Is Terrible by GAR3TH(m): 1:10am On May 12, 2011
And I was just about to get my copy, well back to playing homefront & battlefield
Re: Brink Is Terrible by dadonda: 9:57pm On May 12, 2011
I kinda knew this game will suck. it is as disappointing as Homefront, even worse sef.
Re: Brink Is Terrible by Kwezbaba: 3:08pm On May 29, 2011
I got Brink yesterday, I hear what you say but i'll reserve judgement until I'm comfortable with the controls.
Re: Brink Is Terrible by DamiKhojie(m): 4:13pm On May 29, 2011
it seems like nowadays story isn't that important. All a game really needs to be successful is online multiplayer and if your a shooter especially fps your guaranteed at least some popularity. It's annoying cause it's hard to find games with a nice story and adventure the last really good game I played was Mass Effect 2.
Re: Brink Is Terrible by DamiKhojie(m): 4:15pm On May 29, 2011
Also @OP are where are you living where you can burn discs? do they still work online
Re: Brink Is Terrible by candylips(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2011
try battlefield 3
Re: Brink Is Terrible by playmode(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2011
DamiKhojie:

Also @OP are where are you living where you can burn discs? do they still work online

I am in Johannesburg,to play copies online you need to stealth your game discs using Xbox Live patches.
Re: Brink Is Terrible by playmode(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2011
candylips:

try battlefield 3

Yep i am waiting with tongue drooling for battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3
Re: Brink Is Terrible by WebMonk(m): 7:59pm On May 29, 2011
Well, I'm sure next time you'll check the reviews before popping that cash. It can be a wallet saver. LA Noire got a 9/10, yes?
Re: Brink Is Terrible by playmode(m): 8:42pm On May 29, 2011
WebMonk:

Well, I'm sure next time you'll check the reviews before popping that cash. It can be a wallet saver. LA Noire got a 9/10, yes?

Yes LA Noire is the bomb ,it is a 3 discs game though on xbox.I have it but have only played the first few hours of the game.I still have many games on my game desk that i have not even finished playing so LA Noire will have to wait till August before i put my hands on it.I am currently in the process of finishing Enslaved ,i got it last year but never got around to finishing it.I also got a new game today Hunted : Demon Forge on xbox 360 but have not played it.I will probably test it tomorrow to see if it is any good.I buy these game because i resell them so even if i buy a crappy game i can always sell it or swap games with someone who likes it grin
Re: Brink Is Terrible by WebMonk(m): 9:05pm On May 29, 2011
playmode:

even if i buy a crappy game i can always sell it or swap games with someone who likes it grin

cruel. but true. Thing is its almost impossible to find someone else who can swap for 360 these days with all the Ripping going on

Enslaved? Got it earlier this year with HALO Reach. Personally Enjoyed it. LA Noire on 3 discs? man xbox should have just shut up and gone blu ray,
Re: Brink Is Terrible by Nobody: 5:06am On May 30, 2011
Having nice graphics and men in armour does not automatically = a good game.

Some of the features and story lines suck arse. It's just like the Medal Of Honor games.
I played them and was so disappointed! I just stuck to Call of Duty and called it a day. undecided
Re: Brink Is Terrible by NnamdiN: 6:58am On May 30, 2011
This thread is for "ajebutters", let me continue my ludo n sudoku with fellow "ajekpakos" grin grin grin
Re: Brink Is Terrible by An0nimus: 9:16am On May 30, 2011
^^lol.Ludo no get multiplayer Online mode.E for make sense.Maybe I for battle you sef. grin grin
Re: Brink Is Terrible by texazzpete(m): 9:45am On May 30, 2011
Hilarious to see someone complain about the quality of a game he downloaded for free.
Abeg only paying customers have the right to complain. No matter how 'terrible' the game is, it made the OP lots of money (he claims he sold 200 copies!). You should thank the devs!
Re: Brink Is Terrible by fastmoney(m): 2:47am On May 31, 2011
Oh shit, i got it last week with the new mortal kombat but i've not been able to even test it cos i'm on tht MK hype, i'm either beating my girl on it or playing in story mode, u'z lot need to get that.
Bleep brink,
Re: Brink Is Terrible by NnamdiN: 9:47am On May 31, 2011
An0nimus:

^^lol.Ludo no get multiplayer Online mode.E for make sense.Maybe I for battle you sef. grin grin
lol we fit start d tin na, perhaps play am via bluetooth like real soccer 2007 grin

(1) (Reply)

PES Not Working With My PC Gamepad-help!! / The Difference Between A Sony And Microsoft Exclusive / How 2 Play Awesome Games On Your Computer For FREE!!! Instruciones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.