Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: Good Answers For You On Catholicism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chimamanda Adichie: Good Answers For You On Catholicism (167 Views)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: Good Answers For You On Catholicism by fxx2: 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
Chimamanda, I saw the thread on Why You Separated Yourself From Catholicism and I hurriedly opened it to read, thinking someone has complained.

I wanted to add my own comment/ reply but I found out that many reasonable replies had been made.

jesusjnr2020 wrote:

You're right that sexism is still prevalent in the church and the woman is still being treated by church leaders and Christians as the cause of man's downfall despite that Jesus had redeemed her from the curse of her sin. So that's not in question.
However, in your own case, it's a matter of the curse of knowledge and fame, etc., which is pride but the end thereof is destruction.
I hope God humbles you and makes you go through things that would make you realize how far you've strayed from the Truth so you can retrace your footsteps.

festacman wrote

If Chimmanda Adichie decides to be an atheist, she has the free will to go ahead and do that provided she loves her fellow human beings, obeys the law, and pays her tax. Chikena!
By the way, the Church is an assemblage of imperfect CHILDREN who are striving to love and please their FATHER in return for His love and providence. You need to understand this to rise above the limitations of fellow CHILDREN running the Church and focus on pleasing the FATHER. If you, an imperfect being, uses logic and seeks perfection from fellow imperfect beings, you will lose focus and then stop finding "meaning".
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Good Answers For You On Catholicism by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:09am On Jul 12, 2021
fxx2:
Chimamanda, I saw the thread on Why You Separated Yourself From Catholicism and I hurriedly opened it to read, thinking someone has complained.

I wanted to add my own comment/ reply but I found out that many reasonable replies had been made.

jesusjnr2020 wrote:

You're right that sexism is still prevalent in the church and the woman is still being treated by church leaders and Christians as the cause of man's downfall despite that Jesus had redeemed her from the curse of her sin. So that's not in question.
However, in your own case, it's a matter of the curse of knowledge and fame, etc., which is pride but the end thereof is destruction.
I hope God humbles you and makes you go through things that would make you realize how far you've strayed from the Truth so you can retrace your footsteps.

festacman wrote

If Chimmanda Adichie decides to be an atheist, she has the free will to go ahead and do that provided she loves her fellow human beings, obeys the law, and pays her tax. Chikena!
By the way, the Church is an assemblage of imperfect CHILDREN who are striving to love and please their FATHER in return for His love and providence. You need to understand this to rise above the limitations of fellow CHILDREN running the Church and focus on pleasing the FATHER. If you, an imperfect being, uses logic and seeks perfection from fellow imperfect beings, you will lose focus and then stop finding "meaning".

My comment which you quoted had nothing to do with Catholicism but her relationship with God, so that you don't get it twisted.

Thanks and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

My Love For Sin (A Poem). / The Unlimited Access Power Of The Blood Of Jesus. Part 3 / I'M IN LOVE WITH THE FULANI KILLER HERDSMEN(MATT 5:43-47;LK 6:27-28, 32-36)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.