Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic (1919 Views)

Travel to Brazil by boat from Cape Verde. / In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by alfonso36(m): 8:57am On Jul 12, 2021
I'm curious to know, if Nigerians are rushing up north to Libya Tunisia and Morocco to cross to Europe, why aren't they Trying to cross to America from Lagos state?

South america is just on the other side of the Atlantic, why aren't people trying to us this same route.

How long is the distance?

How dangerous is it?
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by FiverrTutor(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2021
alfonso36:
I'm curious to know, if Nigerians are rushing up north to Libya Tunisia and Morocco to cross to Europe, why aren't they Trying to cross to America from Lagos state?

South america is just on the other side of the Atlantic, why aren't people trying to us this same route.

How dangerous is it?

It's mostly cargo ships that use that route. Although had an uncle(late now) who used that route in the early 80s.
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2021
Lagos to Sao Paolo, Brazil is 6373 km while Morocco to Spain is 760.76 km, both by sea.

The distance between Lagos and Brazil is like going from Morocco to Spain 10 times. Meanwhile, there's nothing much in Brazil, compared to Europe.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by ednut1(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2021
alfonso36:

How dangerous is it?
use your google maps to check na. That one na sure death

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by alfonso36(m): 11:26am On Jul 12, 2021
FiverrTutor:

It's mostly cargo ships that use that route. Although had an uncle(late now) who used that route in the early 80s.
through cargo ships or by boat?
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by FiverrTutor(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
alfonso36:
through cargo ships or by boat?

Via Cargo ship.... Then in the 80s alot of Nigerians were smuggled to Europe like that.
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by seunny4lif(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
Do you know how many weeks you will be on the ship.
Cape Verde is the closest country in Africa to Brazil.
Even if you manage to enter the cargo ship, how are you sure the ship will not sail to Turkey grin instead of Brazil.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by samwash(m): 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
That is a suicide mission, remove the possibility of using inflatable floating boat, you wouldn't survive it.
Using the cargo ship, I don't think any ship captain will want to smuggle anyone alone that route cos of the hazard at high sea.
I watched in a documentary of Airport security in Brazil, where a group of immigrants from Ghana landed in Brazil Sao Paulo Airport.
As they landed, they group themselves in a corner an slept on the bare ground, when airport security ( federal police ) was questing them, they refuse to talk how they landed in Brazil.
They were all clean as in no drugs, correct documentation,they refuse to leave the airport, not until the police men use force on then & transfer them to a little office.
The policemen were telling them welcome to Brazil, we can't send you home( Ghana) , we will have to send for federal agency to come and grant you guys aslylum.
I was thinking does it mean Brazil dont repatriates people home even if they don't have were to go to after landing at the shores of Brazil, instead they will allow such persons to seek for aslylum.
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2021
samwash:
That is a suicide mission, remove the possibility of using inflatable floating boat, you wouldn't survive it.
Using the cargo ship, I don't think any ship captain will want to smuggle anyone alone that route cos of the hazard at high sea.
I watched in a documentary of Airport security in Brazil, where a group of immigrants from Ghana landed in Brazil Sao Paulo Airport.
As they landed, they group themselves in a corner an slept on the bare ground, when airport security ( federal police ) was questing them, they refuse to talk how they landed in Brazil.
They were all clean as in no drugs, correct documentation,they refuse to leave the airport, not until the police men use force on then & transfer them to a little office.
The policemen were telling them welcome to Brazil, we can't send you home( Ghana) , we will have to send for federal agency to come and grant you guys aslylum.
I was thinking does it mean Brazil dont repatriates people home even if they don't have were to go to after landing at the shores of Brazil, instead they will allow such persons to seek for aslylum.
yeah they dont. South america is actually friendly to immigrants.
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by chiiraq802(m): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
seunny4lif:
Do you know how many weeks you will be on the ship.
Cape Verde is the closest country in Africa to Brazil.
Even if you manage to enter the cargo ship, how are you sure the ship will not sail to Turkey grin instead of Brazil.

If the Ship sail to Turkey no be em sure pass abi Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of Turkey dey worry ? grin
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by seunny4lif(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2021
chiiraq802:

If the Ship sail to Turkey no be em sure pass abi Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of Turkey dey worry ? grin
Erdogan go return you back to Niger Rep grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by samwash(m): 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

yeah they dont. South america is actually friendly to immigrants.

I never kwn abt that not until I watched that program. The policemen were friendly to the immigrates, I over heard one of the police men tell them that in Brazil everyone is welcome as far as you come with the right documentation & they accept immigrants from conflict tore countries who wish to seek for aslylum.
I was actually surprise.
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by NONNYG: 5:47am On Jul 13, 2021
This picture speak so much about Brazil

Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by alfonso36(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
samwash:

I never kwn abt that not until I watched that program. The policemen were friendly to the immigrates, I over heard one of the police men tell them that in Brazil everyone is welcome as far as you come with the right documentation & they accept immigrants from conflict tore countries who wish to seek for aslylum.
I was actually surprise.
Brazil go make sense o
Re: Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic by samwash(m): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
alfonso36:
Brazil go make sense o

Yes Brazil is South America biggest economy but they have their own wahala like high rate of unemployment, corrupt & the rest.

(1) (Reply)

You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! / An African City In Brazil / U.s.a, Canada, Uk Visa Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.