Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? (27537 Views)

Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix) / Right Place In Body To Apply Perfume / Can A Graduate Of Economics Register Or Apply For Ican? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by ultimatekint(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
Fire perfume ; (check buhari's dictionary).
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by McBishop2020: 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
lilvicky68:
Wear is when you spray the perfume from your head to toe..
Spray is when you spray the perfume on your clothes before wearing it..
Apply is when you spray the perfume on your palm before rubbing it on your body..

Simple and short.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by smile11s(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
Conner44:
the correct use is to 'wear' the perfume and the reason why this is so is because since perfumes can most times be very concentrated and might pose a discoloration effect if sprayed directly onto fabrics or induce allergic reactions if it touches some skin types, it is recommended to 'spray' the fragrance/perfume from a few meters away from your clothes or skin and allows the particles settle on a wider surface area than being concentrated on a tiny point of any surface.

that is why the 'classy' people in oyibo land who wear perfumes usually spray it up into the air directly in front of them and then 'step' into the descending fragrance particles in order to 'wear' the perfume the correct and safest way possible. if they spray perfume the way we do here in nigeria they will trigger unpleasant allergic reactions in many people they come in contact with during their day over there.

some people have actually had terrible medical complications by spraying perfume directly on their clothes or skin in large quantities every day for a prolonged period of time.

if you think i am talking thrash just take a bottle of your favourite perfume and break it to pour out the entire contents on the floor in your room. there will be a 50% probability that you will vomit if you stay in there for a few minutes after without cleaning it and you not be able to sleep in that room at night for a few days until the smell of the perfume subsides to a manageable level.

and remember that body spray is different from perfume.

Did anyone actually read this long essay?
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Oyiboman69: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
Daveambition:
All this question na just for perfume wey pesin go just fleet go im way ni??...

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Ugochris0212: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
If na your own....you wear it.
If other person own... you know na..you spray it.
But if na your Boss, senior sister or father own... just apply small make e no smell.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Fortez: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
Spray
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by ejimatic: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2021
jawalis:
Pls elites and Everyone with good knowledge of English language should help me. I’m confused of which the correct one is.
Is it wear, spray or apply for a perfume?
Pls help. (endeavor to make the answer clear and understandable)
Thanks.
. Wear colllocates with perfume in English. You can read more on the usage online.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by senteugene: 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2021
Not wear, not spray, not apply the correct is to tie a perfume
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by chatinent: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
If I do fu fun, I sprayed it. When you do fun fun fun fun, you are wearing my perfume!
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by mechanics(m): 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2021
lilvicky68:
Apply is when you spray the perfume on your palm before rubbing it on your body..
so any one is applicable?
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by lilvicky68(m): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
Princepioneer:
Nwa Teacher... cool cool. You too Sabi... I love ya answers... wink wink wink
Thanks
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Lightorder: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2021
lilvicky68:
oga driver, no carry me pass my bustop o

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by wallarwallar(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
Dis english sef na wah o. Wear sounds fine bt na only physical thing den dey wear now.. I jst tire 4 english I beg make everybody dey speak dere local language
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by HRSweetness(f): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
Conner44:
the correct use is to 'wear' the perfume and the reason why this is so is because since perfumes can most times be very concentrated and might pose a discoloration effect if sprayed directly onto fabrics or induce allergic reactions if it touches some skin types, it is recommended to 'spray' the fragrance/perfume from a few meters away from your clothes or skin and allows the particles settle on a wider surface area than being concentrated on a tiny point of any surface.

that is why the 'classy' people in oyibo land who wear perfumes usually spray it up into the air directly in front of them and then 'step' into the descending fragrance particles in order to 'wear' the perfume the correct and safest way possible. if they spray perfume the way we do here in nigeria they will trigger unpleasant allergic reactions in many people they come in contact with during their day over there.

some people have actually had terrible medical complications by spraying perfume directly on their clothes or skin in large quantities every day for a prolonged period of time.

if you think i am talking thrash just take a bottle of your favourite perfume and break it to pour out the entire contents on the floor in your room. there will be a 50% probability that you will vomit if you stay in there for a few minutes after without cleaning it and you not be able to sleep in that room at night for a few days until the smell of the perfume subsides to a manageable level.

This is apt. However, you did not consider the fact that not a lot of people purchase original, good quality perfumes. It's only good quality perfumes you wear and still have the fragrance on your clothes, days after.

The regular susurobia disguised as perfumes, has to be taken very close to the skin and fleeted. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Psoul(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Conner44:

You are wrong. Perfume is regarded as part of fashion.
So you have to wear it.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Ashirioluwa: 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
Copied from quora.com

You wear a perfume. Perfumes work best on your skin and is most effective when applied on pulse points. Hence, generally when a perfume is used on certain area's of the body it is termed as 'applied' & when it's used over the body to perfume oneself, it is termed as 'wear a perfume'.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by omhor(f): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
'wear' is grammatically correct.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by jacoik(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2021
lilvicky68:
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear guy I go with u on this. In fact oyibo can never wound me

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by zeusis(m): 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
the correct answer is fuuuuuu fuu fuuu
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Tapout(m): 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
jawalis:
Pls elites and Everyone with good knowledge of English language should help me. I’m confused of which the correct one is.
Thanks.

Go and find out the meaning of "wear"
In my opinion, "wearing perfumes" originated way back when people wore and carried actual "nosegays". What I see people wearing and carrying now is just artificial flowers.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
[quote author=Conner44
that is why the 'classy' people in oyibo land who wear perfumes usually spray it up into the air directly in front of them and then 'step' into the descending fragrance particles in order to 'wear' the perfume the correct and safest way possible. [/quote]
You step into the perfume.. Baba I hail oo
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by medokills(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
I don't agree with "wear" because when you wear something, it can be retrieved but perfumes extinguish. Spray and apply can be use for process of perfumes consumption. Therefore, the word USE is appropriate to this regards. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by hybridblood07(m): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
It's very essential and important to use body spray or perfume. You body smell matters a lot! I use my perfume 2 or thrice in a day because I meet with different people and who knows who can be of help
jawalis:
Thanks.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by wonder233: 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
"fleet" means you've chosen the "spray" option
Daveambition:
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by wonder233: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2021
That's spray
zeusis:
the correct answer is fuuuuuu fuu fuuu
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Kolisky(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
Daveambition:

Food almost run through my nose as I read this your comment grin

No kimme abeg nau cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by bakesntakes(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
jawalis:
Thanks.

I think the correct word is "wear"
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Adexcp(m): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
�For your Quality logo design contact me via 08167873011

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by BlackFlamefromP: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2021
No be 'wear' perfume. Na 'UnCloth' perfume.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Powersurge: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
Conner44:

Omo ypu be guru o.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by eme26: 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
Conner44:

you're good !
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Fantazy(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
No, You consume it!

Remember humans are naturally consumers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WASCE Records Best Result In 10 Years / Why Living In Hostel Is Best For Female Students In Nigerian Universities / 8 Operators Of Illegal Universities Being Prosecuted – NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.