Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days (37793 Views)

12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) / FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students / Ambode Offers Fuhad Adetoro Ogunsanya, LASU Best Student N5m, Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by placeofallure(f): 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
EmmaxKeys:
I know wailers will flood this comment section to scientifically disprove the claim that the Iroko tree has something to do with the death.

Let me tell you, life is spiritual. No matter how you fight it, the truth is always painful and sometimes illogical. Science is not spiritual and has no spiritual perception. Science is just man's way of trying to interact with the realm of the spirit.

That aside...

I am not saying the Iroko tree is the cause. I am only saying it could be the cause, but you can't know because you don't have understanding. You are limited by your brain.

This is Africa. Africa is different from White man land. We have seen evil since time immemorial in Africa. Many of these trees house witches, spirits, etc. Ohhhh..you think say na Nollywood?

In real life, thunder struck big trees and the trees caught fire. After the trees got burnt, some old people who refused to die in the village started dying one by one.

A pastor poured anointing oil on the stem of a tree during a little crusade, because the tree was impeding the service. In the night, something mysterious happened. People woke up to find the pastor dead, with a long iron rod coming out from both of his ears. Nobody came to the man's room in the night. This was just a pastor without power. He poured anointing oil without understanding.

Or this one. A tree that men have been trying to cut down for years but didn't cut. But in one crusade in one of pastors, it fell down from its root without anybody touching it.

Many other real life stories too. In Nigeria oh, not to talk of Africa.

Life is spiritual my brother. Fight it if you can, but you can't I bet. The tree could be the cause.

"Free thinkers" think they are free. That's the greatest manipulation and deceit in history. shocked

If you aren't spiritual, you are a goner! Logic, Philosophy and science have little role to play. The main thing is to be spiritual.

I rest my case. Court!!!!

It's not only in Africa. The Oyinbos Sabi spirituality pass us. People run away from the truth because that way, they're more comfortable.

If White man don't practise some form of spiritism, juju or whatever, these words will not exist in their lexicon.
Exorcism
Ouija
Voodoo
Occultism
Phantasma
Invocation
Banshie
Fetish
Alchemy
Conjuring etc

Get real people!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by brainhgeek(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2021
Instead of carrying out a proper public health surveillance, you are there blaming one iroko tree. Sad thing, it is even a college of education..what are you guys educating. The minister for education should be ashamed on behalf of the school
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by SeriouslySense(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

brainhgeek:
Instead of carrying out a proper public health surveillance, you are there blaming one iroko tree. Sad thing, it is even a college of education..what are you guys educating. The minister for education should be ashamed on behalf of the school
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by SeriouslySense(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2021
brainhgeek:

I also don't believe it was the Iroko tree, but since people fear it, it may help in conservation effort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Lonelypacifist6: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Tis a shame that in a supposed institution of learning, Students are attributing the death of students to the cutting down of a tree! Correlation is not causation. The students were reckless. College of stupidity indeed.

1 Like

Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by MisteerConcord(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2021
grin grin Funny

EmmaxKeys:
I know wailers will flood this comment section to scientifically disprove the claim that the Iroko tree has something to do with the death.

Let me tell you, life is spiritual. No matter how you fight it, the truth is always painful and sometimes illogical. Science is not spiritual and has no spiritual perception. Science is just man's way of trying to interact with the realm of the spirit.

That aside...

I am not saying the Iroko tree is the cause. I am only saying it could be the cause, but you can't know because you don't have understanding. You are limited by your brain.

This is Africa. Africa is different from White man land. We have seen evil since time immemorial in Africa. Many of these trees house witches, spirits, etc. Ohhhh..you think say na Nollywood?

In real life, thunder struck big trees and the trees caught fire. After the trees got burnt, some old people who refused to die in the village started dying one by one.

A pastor poured anointing oil on the stem of a tree during a little crusade, because the tree was impeding the service. In the night, something mysterious happened. People woke up to find the pastor dead, with a long iron rod coming out from both of his ears. Nobody came to the man's room in the night. This was just a pastor without power. He poured anointing oil without understanding.

Or this one. A tree that men have been trying to cut down for years but didn't cut. But in one crusade in one of pastors, it fell down from its root without anybody touching it.

Life is spiritual my brother. Fight it if you can, but you can't I bet. The tree could be the cause.

"Free thinkers" think they are free. That's the greatest manipulation and deceit in history. shocked

If you aren't spiritual, you are a goner! Logic, Philosophy and science have little role to play. The main thing is to be spiritual.

Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Lonelypacifist6: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2021
SeriouslySense:

I also don't believe it was the Iroko tree, but since people fear it, it may help in conservation effort.

Good observation. The fear of iroko tree is the beginning of conservation.

1 Like

Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by irijuola: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Uses
The tree yields a strong, dense and durable dark brown hardwood timber. It is resistant to termites and is used for construction, furniture, joinery, panelling, floors and boats.[6]

The tree can be used in the control of erosion, and for providing shade as a roadside tree in urban areas. It grows rapidly, can be coppiced and is ready for cutting after about fifty years. The tree is nitrogen fixing and the leaves are used for mulching.[7]

The tree is also used in herbal medicine. The powdered bark is used for coughs, heart problems and lassitude. The latex is used as an anti-tumour agent and to clear stomach and throat obstructions. The leaves and the ashes also have medicinal uses.[7]

Importance to the environment
In a study done on the mineralization of Milicia excelsa,[8] it was observed that in certain conditions Milicia acts as a carbon sink. These specific conditions are characterized by presence of oxalate, bacteria for oxalate oxidation and a dry season, which are common conditions in which Milicia tends to grow. This is important because the conversion of atmospheric carbon into land carbon decreases the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide.

Because of its importance to the environment there has been research done on how to conserve Iroko. A solution that has been proposed to help Milicia excelsa move further away from being threatened is agroforestry. It was found that agroforestry helps increase habitat for plants and animals. More importantly, agroforestry promotes the growth of any plant species by taking pressure off remnant forests that usually have to repopulate threatened species on their own.[9] The people that conducted this study found that it would be a good method to use to specifically fight against the slow decline of the Iroko species.[9] However, most of the people that were surveyed for the study did not use this system specifically to regenerate this species, therefore even though there is hope in helping this species the measures have not been taken to do so.

When forests are felled, isolated trees are often left standing and the tree regenerates easily. Fresh seed germinates readily but it loses viability in storage.[1]

Stop spamming this thread. If even you cannot summarize what you're posting and had to do copy and paste, do you expect us to?
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by benqo01(m): 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
EmmaxKeys:

That aside...

You don't even need to talk much alots of people are living in ignorant,if only they have a story or two to tell then they will know that nothing is ordinary.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by tianshie(m): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Even some people typing here on Nairaland are Iroko trees with MacBook. God no go shame us.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by oteikwu16(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
Mythicism in Africa is just too much... Na wetin come concern iroko tree for this matter now?
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by SeriouslySense(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Lonelypacifist6:
Good observation. The fear of iroko tree is the beginning of conservation.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Obakashdee(m): 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
EmmaxKeys:

That aside...

Thank you for your advert for spirituality
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Anna77: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
So iroko tree now is an unknown killer.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Gfskw: 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
Really
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
Backward people, always believing in nonsense in 21st century!
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Dollywood(m): 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
ClassicMan202:
The spiritual controls the physical

I'm 100% sure you go to MFM with this comment.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by DukeofNL: 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
EmmaxKeys:

That aside...

Story! story!! story!!!
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Flamees(m): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
GreaterFuture:
Somebody is responsible if it is truly Diabolical, can't be the inanimate iroko tree
Swrs maybe the priest fit Use charms and be claiming it's the iroko tree
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Agbebakun22: 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nawa ooo, my sch son IFE died this last week Saturday, it hurt tho but may his Soul rest in peace.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Agbebakun22: 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
TruthHurts1:

At least as students in a College of Education, try to exhibit some level of logical reasoning before embarrassing yourselves like this.

I can't conclude tho, that's my Alma mater, the young dude was my sch son when I was still in sch then, according to the info gotten to me is that he fell from a story building last year and he wasn't properly taken care of unfortunately those pains came up this time around and he couldn't survive it.. IFE I will miss everything about u, a boy filled with big dreams. It hurt tho. Rip till we meet again
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by OLULAW: 10:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
EmmaxKeys:
I know wailers CRITIQUES will flood this comment section to scientifically disprove the claim that the Iroko tree has something to do with the death. (YES HERE WE COME)

Let me tell you, life is spiritual. No matter how you fight it, the truth is always painful and sometimes illogical. Science is not spiritual and has no spiritual perception. Science is just man's way of trying to interact with the realm of the spirit. (MEANINGLESS AND POINTLESS CLAIM. SCIENCE AND SCIENTISTS DON'T DEAL WITH UNVERIFIABLE, METAPHYSICAL CLAIMS.)

That aside...

I am not saying the Iroko tree is the cause. I am only saying it could be the cause, but you can't know because you don't have understanding. You are limited by your brain. (ANOTHER NONSENSICAL CLAIM. WHERE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE EXPERIENTIALLY, LOGICALLY, WE KNOW EITHER DEDUCTIVELY OR INDUCTIVELY. IN BOTH CASES, YOUR CLAIM FALLS FLAT ON ITS FACE.)

This is Africa. Africa is different from White man land. We have seen evil since time immemorial in Africa. Many of these trees house witches, spirits, etc. Ohhhh..you think say na Nollywood? (LIES...THE TREES IN ST JAMES' PARK IS BOTANICALLY NOT DIFFERENT FROM THOSE IN AGODI IBADAN. STOP LYING)

In real life, thunder struck big trees and the trees caught fire. After the trees got burnt, some old people who refused to die in the village started dying one by one. (PURE COINCIDENCE. THEIR TIME WAS UP.)

A pastor poured anointing oil on the stem of a tree during a little crusade, because the tree was impeding the service. In the night, something mysterious happened. People woke up to find the pastor dead, with a long iron rod coming out from both of his ears. Nobody came to the man's room in the night. This was just a pastor without power. He poured anointing oil without understanding. (SHOW US THE LINK TO THIS STORY)

Or this one. A tree that men have been trying to cut down for years but didn't cut. But in one crusade in one of pastors, it fell down from its root without anybody touching it. (FABUOLOGY...IN WHICH TOWN EXACTLY.)

(THAT'S WHY AFRICA REMAINS A DARK CONTINENT.)
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by jidestroud(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
It broke my heart when I was informed by the locals that the college had marked out where that Iroko tree stood for expansion of the college. I was like, that particular tree had always been their ancestral point for making sacrifice and initiation grounds for turning young boys into grown men during their yearly sacrifice (Yoruba Oro festival) from time immemorial, who cuts such a tree? I remember growing as a kid and walking up to that particular Iroko tree to behold its beauty, with lots of sacrifices at its base on some occasions, still one of my best memories.

Well, there was negotiations between the locals and the school management on what was required to have the tree cut down, which was delivered completely by the school management. The cow was truly what befitted such an Iroko tree, boys and men sang and rejoiced as it was pulled to the venue. The students and the school community got a secular earlier in the day of an early closure of activities for what was to happen that night. Unfortunately for me, I was away to miss out on the whole activities that happened that night. Driving down the next day, the place where the majestic iroko tree once stood had become a barren land. Such a tree of its caliber that stood amongst the other trees with such royalty was no more. The next few days, building construction had begun.

Barely 3 weeks after, news of students dying became the gist of the day. It was even rumored that the locals initially said, 20 deaths was required to appease the Iroko man and going by the counts, it is just 7 in 2days so far.

Do I believe in the Supernatural? Do I believe in the spiritual? Yes, Totally!!!

My verdict:
The spirit of the Iroko tree should be appeased, both the management and the locals shouldn't let this go any further. The truth remains, they both knew what the outcome would be but gambling with the innocents lives. Give onto Caesar what belongs to Caesar. cool

Abeg let me go and play with my cats jare.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Agbebakun22: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
koxyz:
Iroko gbami lôwọ énu, people should desist from making comments on issues they know close to nothing about.

Don't wouldn't understand, that's my alma mater,I know every fucking thing about that sch, I will just reserve my comment cuz they know nothing
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by shopnimini: 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
TruthHurts1:

At least as students in a College of Education, try to exhibit some level of logical reasoning before embarrassing yourselves like this.

Na olodo full that school. I know them very well as I lived in Oto for a while
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by badboyTee(m): 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
my boxer just tear now now i think it not ordinary for my boxer to be tearing at the back grin cheesy
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Sterope(f): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2021
White people used to have serious witchcraft as well including sacrifices, trees, spirits etc.

EmmaxKeys:

That aside...

Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by ClassicMan202(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2021
Dollywood:

I'm 100% sure you go to MFM with this comment.

Haha haha... Not at all, but I am aware of my spiritual surroundings
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Dollywood(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
ClassicMan202:

Haha haha... Not at all, but I am aware of my spiritual surroundings

My dad goes to MFM and he always says this.
Re: 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days by Sergioaguero: 2:31am On Jul 15, 2021
jidestroud:
It broke my heart when I was informed by the locals that the college had marked out where that Iroko tree stood for expansion of the college. I was like, that particular tree had always been their ancestral point for making sacrifice and initiation grounds for turning young boys into grown men during their yearly sacrifice (Yoruba Oro festival) from time immemorial, who cuts such a tree? I remember growing as a kid and walking up to that particular Iroko tree to behold its beauty, with lots of sacrifices at its base on some occasions, still one of my best memories.

Well, there was negotiations between the locals and the school management on what was required to have the tree cut down, which was delivered completely by the school management. The cow was truly what befitted such an Iroko tree, boys and men sang and rejoiced as it was pulled to the venue. The students and the school community got a secular earlier in the day of an early closure of activities for what was to happen that night. Unfortunately for me, I was away to miss out on the whole activities that happened that night. Driving down the next day, the place where the majestic iroko tree once stood had become a barren land. Such a tree of its caliber that stood amongst the other trees with such royalty was no more. The next few days, building construction had begun.

Barely 3 weeks after, news of students dying became the gist of the day. It was even rumored that the locals initially said, 20 deaths was required to appease the Iroko man and going by the counts, it is just 7 in 2days so far.

Do I believe in the Supernatural? Do I believe in the spiritual? Yes, Totally!!!

My verdict:
The spirit of the Iroko tree should be appeased, both the management and the locals shouldn't let this go any further. The truth remains, they both knew what the outcome would be but gambling with the innocents lives. Give onto Caesar what belongs to Caesar. cool

Abeg let me go and play with my cats jare.

Nawa o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation / Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.