Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. (2215 Views)

Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Meet Oba Solomon Dele Owoniyi, The New Obaro Of Kabba / Queen Of Sheba, King Solomon, Menelik I And Ark Of The Covenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by Dsimmer: 7:31am On May 04
Dsimmer:

Yes. The Yoruba have their messiah, Ela who's the Word born of a virgin woman, Oyigi 😎 It's stated by Ifa who calls him the only begotten child of God. Meanwhile Jews also call God Elah.

There's also another name referred as the only begotten child by Ifa. It's Jewesun, the lamb as Ifa calls it 📌 Therefore, we can say Ela is the same as Jewesun (A=X), since Ifa says God has only ONE begotten child hence both are the same thing.

Elah is pronounced Èlà. It means "to enlighten" or "to proffer wisdom". That's what religion should be all about to begin with. It should be centered on Intelligence!

Despite Yoruba similar names for God as the Jews, the Yoruba actually have meaning for the names in their language. Eledumare which is similar to the Jews' El'mareh means "the Owner/Lord of the vessel of infinite creations". Oluwa which is similar to the Jews' Elowah means Lord. Olorun which is similar to the Jews' Elohim means owner of the heaven or the infinity heaven. Also called Olohun which means owner of all things.
Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by Olu317(m): 9:56pm On May 05
Dsimmer:

Yes. The Yoruba have their messiah, Ela who's the Word born of a virgin woman, Oyigi 😎 It's stated by Ifa who calls him the only begotten child of God. Meanwhile Jews also call God Elah.

There's also another name referred as the only begotten child by Ifa. It's Jewesun, the lamb as Ifa calls it 📌 Therefore, we can say Ela is the same as Jewesun (A=X), since Ifa says God has only ONE begotten child hence both are the same thing.
Incorrect. Ẹlà ọmọ oyigi is not a messiah. Get your information correctly.

He blundered against Orunmila and was penalised. Hence 15th may anniversary .

Jewesu is a fraud . Forget about Christians who learn ifa and want to manipulate. Such as you think is false and wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by Dsimmer: 10:46pm On May 05
Olu317:

Jewesu is a fraud . Forget about Christians who learn ifa and want to manipulate. Such as you think is false and wrong

No, you're the one incorrect. Èlà born of a virgin woman, Oyigi is mentioned as the Word who's the only begotten child of Eledumare by Ifa. Ela is also referred as Orunmila by Ifa. Orunmila represent wisdom to begin with. It's "Orun mo Ela". The first Ifa priest was named Orunmila, after which Ela took over the Orunmila role which has always been Ela's role from the beginning of the world. It's just like how Jesus took over the priesthood role from Moses who was the first priest for the Isrealites.

Another name mentioned as the only begotten child by Ifa is Jewesun, the Lamb. Jewesun has its own odu which is mentioned in Oyeku and Owonrin. Since Ifa says Eledumare has only ONE begotten child, then it means Jewesun and Ela are same thing. We can say IFA is probably trying to reconcile Yoruba's Ela with the Jewish one in a bid to point out something to the Yoruba and that begs the question of what's Yoruba's business with the Jews? Were the Yoruba part of the Isrealites/Jews, considering it was only the Isrealites who were promised of the Messiah born of a virgin woman?
Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by absoluteSuccess: 10:52pm On May 05
Olu317:

One should not invent a new word, just like the "new school" has invented "Oke Ora" for Oduduwa without any classic record or associating oriki to this end.

The person who blundered against Orunmila was Olowo.

We can also verified this through the song "okete, bayi niwa re, o bafa mule, o da fa".

they were ore imule, they were contemporaries and people of common interest.
Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by absoluteSuccess: 10:56pm On May 05
Dsimmer:

No, you're the one incorrect. Èlà born of a virgin woman, Oyigi is mentioned as the only begotten child of Eledumare by Ifa. Ela is also referred as Orunmila by Ifa. Orunmila represent wisdom to begin with. The first Ifa priest was named Orunmila, after which Ela took over the Orunmila role which has always been Ela role from the beginning of the world. It's just like how Jesus took over the priesthood role from Moses who was the first priest for the Isrealites.

Another name mentioned as the only begotten child by Ifa is Jewesun, the Lamb mentioned in Oyeku and Owonrin. Since Ifa says Eledumare has only ONE begotten child, then it means Jewesun and Ela are same thing. We can say IFA is probably trying to reconcile Yoruba's Ela with the Jewish one in a bid to point out something to the Yoruba and that begs the question of what's Yoruba's business with the Jews? Were the Yoruba part of the Isrealites, considering it was the Isrealites who were promised of the Messiah born of a virgin woman?

Can you cite the Yoruba version of these claims?

its said, "Ela, omoloju Eledumare" (Ela the precious child of God), then the same name "Ela, omo Olu-Orogbo" Is Olu-Orogbo the same as Mary, virgin, God?

Likewise, in Moremi's tradition of Ile-Ife, Ela was the child that Moremi lost to have victory over the Igbo. We need to compare the Yoruba text before conclusions are drawn, so its not "one sided".
Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by Dsimmer: 11:44pm On May 05
absoluteSuccess:

can you cite the Yoruba version of these claims?

its said, "Ela, omoloju Eledumare" (Elam the precious child of God), then the same name "Ela, omo Olu-Orogbo" Is Olu-Orogbo the same as Mary, virgin, God? We need to compare the Yoruba text before conclusions are drawn, so its not "one sided".

Olu orogbo is God's accolades which means "Lord of the ancient ones". It's "Ela, Oro (the Word), Omoloju Eledumare". Anyways, Ela is referred as the child of Eledumare, born of Oyigi, a virgin.

As for Jewesun, it's mentioned in Odu Oyeku Meji:

Atanpako ku re lese,
Gbogbo ara o jo rin pe
Bi aba pe oku ni popo,
Alaaye ni dahun
Adifa fun jewesun, odo agutan
ti nse okanbi Eledumare
olomo ateni ola legelege f'ori sagbeji
nigba ti o nbe nigbatemu omo araye
ebo won ni ko se.
Ero po , ero ofa,
Eni gbe bo nbe ko to ju ohun ebo,
Ero po, ero o fa

In Odu Owonrin Sogbe:

Owonrin So
Ogbe So,
Adifa fun Orunmila
Baba nlo te Jewesun ni fa
Ebo won ni ko se,
Nje Jewesun se rere
Jewesun Omo ope

Owonrin So, Ogbe So.

Since both Ela and Jewesun are referred as only begotten child of Eledumare by Ifa, then it means both are the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by Dsimmer: 11:47pm On May 05
The child of moremi is a different one who wasn't a priest as Ela of Oyigi, even as Moremi wasn't also a virgin, considering Moremi was married 🤔

In fact, it was stated that Moremi named her son Ela olurogbo because of the popularity and divine nature of the previous Ela olurogbo who already left.
Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by absoluteSuccess: 8:52am On May 06
Dsimmer:

Olu orogbo is God's accolades which means "Lord of the ancient ones". It's "Ela, Oro (the Word), Omoloju Eledumare". Anyways, Ela is referred as the child of Eledumare, born of Oyigi, a virgin.

As for Jewesun, it's mentioned in Odu Oyeku Meji:

Atanpako ku re lese,
Gbogbo ara o jo rin pe
Bi aba pe oku ni popo,
Alaaye ni dahun
Adifa fun jewesun, odo agutan
ti nse okanbi Eledumare
olomo ateni ola legelege f'ori sagbeji
nigba ti o nbe nigbatemu omo araye
ebo won ni ko se.
Ero po , ero ofa,
Eni gbe bo nbe ko to ju ohun ebo,
Ero po, ero o fa

In Odu Owonrin Sogbe:

Owonrin So
Ogbe So,
Adifa fun Orunmila
Baba nlo te Jewesun ni fa
Ebo won ni ko se,
Nje Jewesun se rere
Jewesun Omo ope.
Owonrin So, Ogbe So.

Since both Ela and Jewesun are referred as only begotten child of Eledumare by Ifa, then it means both are the same thing.

I just did a search and it seems Jewesun has been around on the internet for some time. I don't think I know all the heroes mentioned in Ifa from A to Z. This is not an invention of the op, Christianity might have infiltrated into Yorubaland the same way as Islam even before the missionary while the precept was reserved in its corrupt form in Ifa, which is Yoruba form of oral encyclopedia.

Point of correction

Your input says "Ela, Oro (omo loju Eledumare)". Yes I understand that the Yoruba do say "Ela l'oro" to mean "clarity defines a word" or "aisorola lo pelenpe akoko..." I also understand that Ela is the name of an ancient religious personality in Yoruba. My inquiry: is the phrase "Ela, Oro..." or "Ela, omoloju Eledumare"? Bringing the two words in the same place is yours, if not let me know sir.
Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by Dsimmer: 9:27am On May 06
absoluteSuccess:

I just did a search and it seems Jewesun has been around on the internet for some time. I don't think I know all the heroes mentioned in Ifa from A to Z. This is not an invention of the op, Christianity might have infiltrated into Yorubaland the same way as Islam even before the missionary while the precept was reserved in its corrupt form in Ifa, which is Yoruba form of oral encyclopedia.

Point of correction

Your input says "Ela, Oro (omo loju Eledumare)". Yes I understand that the Yoruba do say "Ela l'oro" to mean "clarity defines a word" or "aisorola lo pelenpe akoko..." I also understand that Ela is the name of an ancient religious personality in Yoruba. My inquiry: is the phrase "Ela, Oro..." or "Ela, omoloju Eledumare"? Bringing the two words in the same place is yours, if not let me know sir.

As you noted, both Ela of Oyigi and Jewesun have always been known to the Yoruba before the missionary came to Yoruba. In fact, before an ifa man consult anything from ifa, he must first call upon and say "Ela loro" which means "to enlighten" or "to proffer wisdom".. I even learned that it was Ela (also known as Orunmila) who brought fasting to the Yoruba, called "Isera" for fasting which has always been known to the Yoruba before any foreign religions/missionary came.

Point is, both Ela and Jewesun have got their own odu in Ifa who calls both Ela and Jewesun as the only begotten child of Eledumare. Since Ifa says Eledumare has only one child, then it means both are same.

We can say ifa is pointing out something to the Yoruba hence why Ifa often reconcile the Yoruba's Ela of Oyigi with that of the Jewish one, even as both are born of a virgin woman 📌but the question is what's Yoruba business with the Jews to begin with and that's a mystery? 🤔
Re: Why Does Arewa Use The Same Solomon's Knot As Their Logo. by Olu317(m): 7:19pm On May 08
absoluteSuccess:

One should not invent a new word, just like the "new school" has invented "Oke Ora" for Oduduwa without any classic record or associating oriki to this end.

The person who blundered against Orunmila was Olowo.

We can also verified this through the song "okete, bayi niwa re, o bafa mule, o da fa".

they were ore imule, they were contemporaries and people of common interest.
The Oke Ora is not a new invention. Like I had always maintained here, Ke Ra is in Egypt and Yoruba ancestors have knowledge of Oke Ora.

And these they always maintained the name. Although Ileife in Nigeria is highly held as the place of ancient Ileife which I personally disagree.

It is very clear about the dynasties that existed.Orunmila is the first Oba Ileife Oodeaye.

The situation that brought Oduduwa to become Ooni came through Obadio (omoologun) household who is the head of Idio.

Obaluru is the head of Iloromu who stand as the head of oldest deifed ancestor called Ora mfe etc with other Obas in ileife that made up the thirteen groups, that lorded over as overlord king of kings.

Therefore, your view is far away from ileife information that are know to them. Plainly Baba, there is a how Odudua is praised every morning because the occupier on throne is a direct male descendant of Oranmiyan, Ogun and Odudua respectively.

"Ogun" who birthed Oranmiyan had "Ogun"as prefix to his name.This is well known to Ileife people and lords in ileife.

But who do be blame for this misconception ?Samuel Johnson or Obadiah Johnson's error dented Ileife history.But such has been corrected.

Contrary to Atiba descendants, through erroneous information from Samuel Johnson who claimed A slave occupied Oranmiyan's seat i.e Odudua throne remained a facade. And that Oranmiyan died in Oyo and never came to Ileife.

Today, Ileife have given information about how Ade Aladikun was taken by Ooni Oranmiyan and givn to Ajaka in one of the annual festival , all kings came to Ileife to pay homage to Ooni ileife.

My point is clear. Odudua the man and overlord king of Ileife came down through Oke Ora as others did and he was a citizen of ileife. Oke ora information is not false and not new.

Sorry for the late response. Being busy.

Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Verbal Abuse Part Of The Yoruba Culture? / In Yoruba What Does "Lasan" Mean? / The Yoruba And Their Exemplary Greeting Etiquette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.