Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter (2934 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Can I Give My Daughter 'ALUKO' As A Name? / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 11:10am On Jul 15, 2021
Hey guys my ex boyfriend kidnapped my daughter in 2016 at the age if 3 years, he took her to Nigeria. I have been crying for my daughter for 5 years it is been very hard for me to leave without her, I don't know if she is eating, good health or going to school. My daughter 8th birthday is this 27 of July I want to come to Nigeria in 2 months by God's grace to get her back from him but my biggest worry is I don't know any of his family nor friends or his real name. when we met in my country he told me his name was ikenna nwadi but I can't find him on Facebook maybe he gave me the wrong name or his using a different name now. my daughter name is nneoma Rachel nwadi. I have beg his friends who are still living in my country to help me with his details but they have refuse to help me, I have even arrested one but my country justice is corrupt, he was release few hours later. I really need your help to help me find my daughter. Is there any hope for me that I will ever be able to find her or I should forget about her, its hard for me to forget her because she is my first baby the one that gave me the name mum. I am waiting to hear from you guys please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by PlayMaker14: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2021
From your write-up, it seems you guys had a bitter ending to the relationship reason why you used the word "Kidnap."

Your daughter was not "Kidnapped" she only relocated with her dad who's now your ex, so the best thing to do now is to first of all, resolve the relationship crisis you guys had, then, have an understanding with each other concerning the well being of your daughter.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Seniorwriter(m): 11:22am On Jul 15, 2021
SMH....
So you don't have a name too since you don't know his name and whereabouts.
I'll advice you get a private investigator where you are.
If you are financially buoyant get two private investigators.
They'll do the needful.
For all you care your ex might not be in Nigeria anymore....have you thought of that possibility?.
My 2cent.
Ebengosandra:

I don't think we have genuine private investigator in my country, I think it work well in developed country but not in Africa. I don't know if he still in Nigeria or not even if he still not in Nigeria at the moment but I strongly believe my daughter is in Nigeria with his family members. OK sorry I use the word kidnap because he took her without my consent to a place where she doesn't know anyone, at this moment I am living fine but I have no ideas if my daughter has eaten or not, I don't know if goes to school or not, what if they are abusing her. It's really hard for me to have peace when I don't know how my daughter is coping right now.
You are still thinking rather than taking action....it's clear you are just emotional rather than rational.

Lest I forget stop using the word Kidnap....that's gross knowing she is with her Dad!

@Seniorwriter
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
From your write-up, it seems you guys had a bitter ending to the relationship reason why you used the word "Kidnap."

Your daughter was not "Kidnapped" she only relocated with her dad who's now your ex, so the best thing to do now is to first of all, resolve the relationship crisis you guys had, then, have an understanding with each other concerning the well being of your daughter.

Yes you are right we had a bitter ending because he became violent and I left with my daughter to a friend place and it was my friend whom I trusted with my life that gave him the information that I was staying with her and he came and kidnapped her when I was at work. How can I resolve when I don't have his contact details for 5 years now?
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by RadiantHouseNG: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:
Hey guys my ex boyfriend kidnapped my daughter in 2016 at the age if 3 years, he took her to Nigeria. I have been crying for my daughter for 5 years it is been very hard for me to leave without her, I don't know if she is eating, good health or going to school. My daughter 8th birthday is this 27 of July I want to come to Nigeria in 2 months by God's grace to get her back from him but my biggest worry is I don't know any of his family nor friends or his real name. when we met in my country he told me his name was ikenna nwadi but I can't find him on Facebook maybe he gave me the wrong name or his using a different name now. my daughter name is nneoma Rachel nwadi. I have beg his friends who are still living in my country to help me with his details but they have refuse to help me, I have even arrested one but my country justice is corrupt, he was release few hours later. I really need your help to help me find my daughter. Is there any hope for me that I will ever be able to find her or I should forget about her, its hard for me to forget her because she is my first baby the one that gave me the name mum. I am waiting to hear from you guys please

You will need more than this

Names of associates

His Village

His pictures

Associates pictures

Report him and the incidence in your home country to have it on records

If you want results,hire a private detective. This is the sure way to getting what you want

2 Likes

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by RadiantHouseNG: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:

Yes you are right we had a bitter ending because he became violent and I left with my daughter to a friend place and it was my friend whom I trusted with my life that gave him the information that I was staying with her and he came and kidnapped her when I was at work. How can I resolve when I don't have his contact details for 5 years now?

You ought to have involved the police to arrest your friend

3 Likes

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by PlayMaker14: 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:

Please, stop using the word Kidnap.

He is equally her father, I will advise you get that friend arrested and interrogated, she might drop some vital information that might lead to his arrest.

A quick advise; Always do some background check before you jump into any relationship.

9 Likes

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Seniorwriter:
SMH....
So you don't have a name too since you don't know his name and whereabouts.
I'll advice you get a private investigator where you are.
If you are financially buoyant get two private investigators.
They'll do the needful.
For all you care your ex might not be in Nigeria anymore....have you thought of that possibility?.
My 2cent.
Lest I forget stop using the word Kidnap....that's gross knowing she is with her Dad!

@Seniorwriter

I don't think we have genuine private investigator in my country, I think it work well in developed country but not in Africa. I don't know if he still in Nigeria or not even if he still not in Nigeria at the moment but I strongly believe my daughter is in Nigeria with his family members. OK sorry I use the word kidnap because he took her without my consent to a place where she doesn't know anyone, at this moment I am living fine but I have no ideas if my daughter has eaten or not, I don't know if goes to school or not, what if they are abusing her. It's really hard for me to have peace when I don't know how my daughter is coping right now.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Richy4(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
smiley smiley
I like how truthful you are OP....
<<< Though I'm trying to figure out how to sleep with a girl that I don't know her surname...Forgive me, I'm not judging, It's just me talking..

<< I don't just know what you want the justice system of your country to do to a man that was your Ex's friend.
Did the said man commit an offence in any way in your country except the fact that he was your EX's Friend?...
Did he in anyway sign a surety to be responsible should anything happen between u and your EX?... I guess No..
Then why did you think that you have a case in terms of arresting him?...That singular act will even make anyone that knows your EX that intended helping before to look another direction when you were approaching for help.

Anyways, If you decide to come to Nigeria, We are gonna narrow your search to 5 states... Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi states... This is because it's likely the few states that can bear such surname u mentioned....But If you were not sure of his surname, How are we sure u even know the state he came from? Even if u mention any of this states, the chances that your daughter being in that state is 1/2... This is because Nigeria have 36 states plus capital.. There are chances he may have traveled to the other 30 states...

I will suggest that you don't go to Nigeria wasting your time and Money except that u were going to engage the services of a Nigerian Detective... What you were looking for might take months/years.... So

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Please, stop using the word Kidnap.

He is equally her father, I will advise you get that friend arrested and interrogated, she might drop some vital information that might lead to his arrest.

A quick advise; Always do some background check before you jump into any relationship.

OK sorry but what he did is kidnap because he took her without my consent, he didn't pay any dowry for me and he didn't have the right to take her away from me. I will rather he abandon her to me forever than taking away her this is the worst punishment in my life. I did some background check through his friends who were living in my country too, even if I didn't go further because he is a foreigner but I trusted him and his friends. My friend was arrested back in 2016 she claimed that he forcibly took the child from her and there was nothing she could do because she was scared of him but a guy who has witnessed the scene said my friend was very calm she didn't seem like someone who was scared of him when she handle the child to ex, like I said earlier the justice system is corrupt so nothing happens to her because they realize her after few days. She has left the country.

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
Richy4:
smiley smiley
I like how truthful you are OP....
<<< Though I'm trying to figure out how to sleep with a girl that I don't know her surname...Forgive me, I'm not judging, It's just me talking..

<< I don't just know what you want the justice system of your country to do to a man that was your Ex's friend.
Did the said man commit an offence in any way in your country except the fact that he was your EX's Friend?...
Did he in anyway sign a surety to be responsible should anything happen between u and your EX?... I guess No..
Then why did you think that you have a case in terms of arresting him?...That singular act will even make anyone that knows your EX that intended helping before to look another direction when you were approaching for help.

Anyways, If you decide to come to Nigeria, We are gonna narrow your search to 5 states... Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi states... This is because it's likely the few states that can bear such surname u mentioned....But If you were not sure of his surname, How are we sure u even know the state he came from? Even if u mention any of this states, the chances that your daughter being in that state is 1/2... This is because Nigeria have 36 states plus capital.. There are chances he may have traveled to the other 30 states...

I will suggest that you don't go to Nigeria wasting your time and Money except that u were going to engage the services of a Nigerian Detective... What you were looking for might take months/years.... So

All I wanted the justice to do is to question him so he can give us the information about my daughter whereabouts because he was my ex closest friend and the only one who I trusted in my house, he use to come from time to time and he knew my ex better than me.
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by PlayMaker14: 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:

OK sorry but what he did is kidnap because he took her without my consent, he didn't pay any dowry for me and he didn't have the right to take her away from me. I will rather he abandon her to me forever than taking away her this is the worst punishment in my life. I did some background check through his friends who were living in my country too, even if I didn't go further because he is a foreigner but I trusted him and his friends. My friend was arrested back in 2013 she claimed that he forcibly took the child from her and there was nothing she could do because she was scared of him but a guy who has witnessed the scene said my friend was very calm she didn't seem like someone who was scared of him when she handle the child to ex, like I said earlier the justice system is corrupt so nothing happens to her because they realize her after few days. She has left the country.
My dear, I understand how you feel not being with your baby for such a long time, but your ex also have the right to be with her too...

Although he took her without your consent which I believe you will never give because of the way you guys ended things.

But, I will advise you to handle the situation calmly, get some of his pictures, visit the Nigeria embassy in your country so they can help you track him or better still, fly down to Nigeria and go to the police headquarters at Lagos or Abuja to help you with the search.... Then you both can reach an agreement on how you two will spend time with your daughter.

I do hope this drama reconcile the bitterness you guys have for each other.

By the way, I believe you are from DR Congo?

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Hathor5(f): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra,

where are you from?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Richy4(m): 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:

All I wanted the justice to do is to question him so he can give us the information about my daughter whereabouts because he was my ex closest friend and the only one who I trusted in my house, he use to come from time to time and he knew my ex better than me.

I still maintain that you approached it the wrong way by arresting him.... The mistake has been made already... Let's look for another alternative...

Do you think you can go through Nigerian association in your country? Or Like try asking about Igbo association in the state/ Country where u were residing ... You never know, He might be a former member and a kind hearted person might pick interest and help out.... But please and please, enough of the police involvement... Our people doesn't like them... If u needed some help, be meek about it and trust me u will get some help from them... again do not act as if the child only belongs to you... Just act like a concern mother who wants to know her child's where about...Good-luck ..

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
My dear, I understand how you feel not being with your baby for such a long time, but your ex also have the right to be with her too...

Although he took her without your consent which I believe you will never give because of the way you guys ended things.

But, I will advise you to handle the situation calmly, get some of his pictures, visit the Nigeria embassy in your country so they can help you track him or better still, fly down to Nigeria and go to the police headquarters at Lagos or Abuja to help you with the search.... Then you both can reach an agreement on how you two will spend time with your daughter.

I do hope this drama reconcile the bitterness you guys have for each other.

By the way, I believe you are from DR Congo?

Wow you have guessed it right, are you from my country too?
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hathor5:
Ebengosandra,

where are you from?

I am from drc congo

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by PlayMaker14: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:

Wow you have guessed it right, are you from my country too?
No, but I have a friend bearing that name too.

Just take it easy as you continue your search for your daughter.
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
No, but I have a friend bearing that name too.

Just take it easy as you continue your search for your daughter.

Thank you
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ebengosandra: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Richy4:

I still maintain that you approached it the wrong way by arresting him.... The mistake has been made already... Let's look for another alternative...

Do you think you can go through Nigerian association in your country? Or Like try asking about Igbo association in the state/ Country where u were residing ... You never know, He might be a former member and a kind hearted person might pick interest and help out.... But please and please, enough of the police involvement... Our people doesn't like them... If u needed some help, be meek about it and trust me u will get some help from them... again do not act as if the child only belongs to you... Just act like a concern mother who wants to know her child's where about...Good-luck ..

I didn't approach it the wrong way because I have been going to his shop every single day begging him to tell me where my daughter was, after promising to help me he suddenly changed and he refused to see me again and the only option I had is to get him arrested so he can provide the information to the police but it was waste of time and my money because he paid them to relize him. I will not go to the police again because its waste of time and they're not interested with my case only they're after is my money. I will rather use the money to look for a better way to get my daughter back. I don't know any igbo association in my country but I know a lot of friends who have shops in the same area where my shop is but they are not interested to help me maybe if I was from your country the case would have be different but because I am not they are not ready to help me too. One of his friends has told me he has every right to take his daughter away and I should stop bothering him, it's a pity. Thanks
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hope you find her, good luck.
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Hathor5(f): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:

I am from drc congo

Ok. Have you ever seen the father's passport/ID?
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by WoundedLamb: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hhmmm... actually, you guys saying "stop using the word kidnap" don't have enough details to suggest it wasn't a kidnap case. That he is the baby's biological father doesn't automatically imply he couldn't have kidnapped her. Let's not treat this with the usual kid gloves we use to address everything we men do.

If there's no establishment of paternity (wedding, birth certificate, voluntary acknowledgement of paternity form, etc.) and the baby was taking forcefully, illegally or without the consent of the mother, she has every reason to employ the word "kidnap". How else do you describe going into someone's home to take thier child when they're at work? You did not pay the lady's bride price, no paper works, no wedding, and you think you have the right to sneak into her house and take the baby she carried to full term and nurtured up to a certain age just because you had a few minutes sex with her a while ago? It doesn't work that way. There's no presumption of paternity when a child is born outside of marriage and without establishing paternity, he has no legal standing as regards to shared custody. Let's even assume there are some paper works that establish his paternity rights, that still wouldn't give him the right to relocate to another country with the baby without the mother's consent. What that guy did is a crime and we must first acknowledge that.

OP, Nigeria is an extremely big country. Looking for a man whose real name you don't even know would be extremely difficult. Of course, I'm not saying you should forget the baby (is that even possible for a mother?). I'm saying you might not be able to do it alone. You need a professional. Your case is a difficult and I wish I had more concrete answers/solutions. You've made series of mistakes, but no mother deserves to be separated from her baby this way. I wish you and your immediate the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by murphyrichy(m): 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Your Ex-boyfriend or your baby daddy
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Mindlog: 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
@Ebongosandra, get in touch with Dynamique Des Femmes Juristes there in Congo DR (me assuming that is where you are) and they would link you up to your country's chapter of FIDA (Federation of Women Lawyers).

Upon producing documents relating to your daughter's birth and all available information you have regarding your daughter's father, his photos, places he lived while he was in Congo DR, places he worked/traded, his friends etc. They would officially write to the Nigerian Embassy in Kinshasa, to inform them of the kidnapping. It is kidnapping because the child was unlawfully taken away without the consent of the birth mother nor did the courts grant the birth father the right to leave with the minor.....it is a criminal offence, pursue it legally.

Those in Congo DR who knows his whereabout and keeping quiet, will have to talk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Ovis1302(m): 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:
Why did you arrest your ex-bf friend?
That is infringement on his Fundamental Human Rights.
Hope that his friend you arrested is not a Nigerian?
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Kidnappppp?
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Elmaaq: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ebengosandra:

There's this Lawyer on Facebook Emeka Ugwuonye I'm sure he will help, it's best to register as a member of his platform then give him all the necessary details I hear he can help
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Skyfornia(m): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
No pictures of the guy or your daughter? shocked
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by magkhan(f): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
The man Kidnapped the baby. Check the meaning of kidnap before saying she is been too harsh.

@OP, I can just imagine the heartache you've been through over your girl. just be strong and keep praying for her. Hopefully, the man is a good and attentive parent to his daughter and did not just abandon her with his parent in some village.

Still not knowing is worse. The best option for you is to get private investigators here in Nigeria if you have the money. If you can establish where she is, it will be easy to get her back. Here in Nigeria, especially for a daughter, it's easy for a mum to get custody. Although they will question why you've waited five years. I too wonder same (not judging though).

Another option is to come down to Nigeria yourself and report to the embassy. They will take it up from there. If only you know his state, you will report to his state and get him apprehended if still in the country.

You could also table your issue with strong feminists that are also activist online. NGOs can help too. They will use their influence and connections to help.

Another option is to let go. Difficult as it might be, if you do not have the means to get your girl back, you might just have to make peace with the issue and live your life as happy as you can be. Marry (be truthful to your husband about your girl), have other kids and be happy. Keep a strong online presence incase your ex looks for you to connect you to your girl or your baby decides to look for you. (NB...even as i'm typing this option my heart is breaking on your behalf)
Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by Teeboy15(m): 12:52am On Jul 16, 2021
No offense here but how is your character, is it questionable?

Do you think your ex might feel you aren't responsible enough to take care of the little girl?

Are you stable financially ? Is your environment suitable enough to train a child ?

I ask because we haven't heard from the man yet, some of the above mentioned points might be his reasons because I don't think any sane, responsible man would choose to cut off the mother of his child from the child's life for no reason at all.

I know this because I have a friend passing through same thing at the moment with his ex wife. They have two daughters.

Also, don't you have his pictures?
Pictures of your daughter, his friends, group pictures, of you both etc?

You can start from there.

Good luck to you

1 Like

Re: Can You Please Help Me To Regain My Daughter by shortgun(m): 1:17am On Jul 16, 2021
1. Before a man takes a child away from the mother, he is convinced the child will not get proper care/upbringing.

2. A man who left his country to go and "hustle" abroad will not want the burden and distraction of caring for a child.

3. I find it hard to believe that your ex- boyfriend will close shop and abandoned his business in the country and vanish into thin air because he wants to take custody of his child.

4. You are hiding information and giving vague descriptions on purpose.

5. You plan to travel all the way from Congo to Nigeria to look for a man you don't even know his name?

6. Your friend betrayed you, his friends won't support, police only wants your money....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weird Facts About Left-handed People / Is This Morally And Culturally Right / Another Girl Today You Wont Believe It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.