Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes (1469 Views)

Which Is Your Favourite Car Air Freshener? / Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) / See How Using Car Air Condition Is Bad For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by Sebytec: 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dear nairalanders,
I have a 2004 Toyota avensis, two weeks ago my a/c pulley got damaged that it condemned my compressor and required a change. I searched for the new compressor of my car but could not find, so i resorted to the direct foreign used ones at Ikoku PH. After the installation of the compressor, my car A/C came back to normal and i was happy.

Two days later, I noticed that my a/c was blowing cold air for 20sec and hot for 5min. i took it back to the technician who checked for leakage ,but there was none. He later discovered that the gas in the a/c system was black and concluded that the system was dirty.

So on Saturday (just this Saturday),i bought another compressor, a brand new condenser with other accessories that was used to flush the system . I was made to understand that my compressor was the automatic (sensor) compressor and was advise to change to manual compressor.
Well for me, I felt since i had changed the compressor for the second time, with a new condenser, i have nothing to fear. So it was fixed and my car cooling system came back to life. Just this morning, the cooling system stopped, a check on the gas in the system showed same dirty, black fluid mixed with the a/c gas in the system. Infact it looks as if there is a grinding wire and seals .

Am just tired ,i have spent over 140k already ,yet no head way.
Has any one had experienced this and how was it resolved?
i need solutions if available. i would welcome any solution or suggestion.

from Port Harcourt
Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by Peppermintflav: 2:11am On Jul 16, 2021
What you experienced is popularly known as 'black death' what I will suggest is, look for an AC tech that has vacuum pump. Let him flush the whole system again, change the filter inside the Condenser, possibly change the compressor again. Pull a vacuum then refill the gas.
You can browse more on black death for causes and solutions

2 Likes

Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by olumzzz(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2021
Which gas una dey use?

1 Like

Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by chillex8(m): 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
olumzzz:
Which gas una dey use?
Very important question.
If its not HARP or JOHNSONs R134A , count me out.

1 Like

Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by Sebytec: 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
olumzzz:
Which gas una dey use?

i use lobocool
Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by Sebytec: 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
chillex8:

Very important question.
If its not HARP or JOHNSONs R134A , count me out.

i was told of the HARP,i will try it this time.
Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by Sebytec: 9:48pm On Jul 16, 2021
Peppermintflav:
What you experienced is popularly known as 'black death' what I will suggest is, look for an AC tech that has vacuum pump. Let him flush the whole system again, change the filter inside the Condenser, possibly change the compressor again. Pull a vacuum then refill the gas.
You can browse more on black death for causes and solutions

Thank you very much for the insight. i read about the plague and i agree that is what my car is suffering from.
The questions is, what could be responsible for the black or grinding component? the compressor couldn't have grinded to produce black oil just like that without a specific cause....?
Today i had to change the vibrator(freezer),flushed the condenser with new filter and another compressor. This time, manual compressor.
Installation will be done tomorrow.

Many thanks to you all
Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by olumzzz(m): 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
Sebytec:

i use lobocool
Bad gas is a cause.
Use high quality gas instead.
Like Johnsens

Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by autologic: 8:07am On Jul 17, 2021
olumzzz:

Bad gas is a cause.
Use high quality gas instead.
Like Johnsens
Johnsens without stopping leak is ok ,Refrigerant with stop leak is a no no cos ac manufacturer strongly warns against using stop leaks additives
Don't introduce any third party solvent not recommended by the manufacturer, all this wrong additives goes a long way in murdering your compressor .
Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by autologic: 8:31am On Jul 17, 2021
Sebytec:

Thank you very much for the insight. i read about the plague and i agree that is what my car is suffering from.
The questions is, what could be responsible for the black or grinding component? the compressor couldn't have grinded to produce black oil just like that without a specific cause....?
Today i had to change the vibrator(freezer),flushed the condenser with new filter and another compressor. This time, manual compressor.

Many thanks to you all
Don't reuse the old condenser cos technically a condenser cannot be flushed just go ahead to change it .
The grinding is indication of murdered compressor that got grounded cos of non adherence to standard practice in course installation.
People are too quick to blame the refrigerant brand ,the reality is refrigerant brand certified by the SON are still ok for use what about the cleanliness of the ac system cos it takes small very small minute of dirts and moisture to kill a compressor especially the VDC type
And during flushing , what is methof procedure adopted,what kind of solvent is being used to flush ? if it flushing solvent that leaves residue behind after use and the style of flushing is ladipo style then I am afraid don't expect the ac compressor to last .
What about the expansion valve, is it the right one that match the compressor ? Also is the refrigerant and oil measured to reflect the manufacturer recommendation cos not using the right quantity is enough to kill the compressor.
Finally the skill set of the technician goes a long way to determine the success of the installation,is he well equipped, can he analyze manifold Guage data , does he understand the concept of pressure temperature relation of ac system ,doesn he understand basic thermodynamics concept ? Unfortunately the reality on ground vehicle owners are having problem cos of the skill level of most of our technicians , they should not allowed to touch a refrigerant talkless of refilling ac system if it were to be a sane clime cos u can't fix what u don't understand cos the basic of ac is basic understanding of thermodynamics systems
All these factors are what will contribute to longevity of any ac installation .
Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by homeboy205: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2021
autologic:

Don't reuse the old condenser cos technically a condenser cannot be flushed just go ahead to change it .
The grinding is indication of murdered compressor that got grounded cos of non adherence to standard practice in course installation.
People are too quick to blame the refrigerant brand ,the reality is refrigerant brand certified by the SON are still ok for use what about the cleanliness of the ac system cos it takes small very small minute of dirts and moisture to kill a compressor especially the VDC type
And during flushing , what is methof procedure adopted,what kind of solvent is being used to flush ? if it flushing solvent that leaves residue behind after use and the style of flushing is ladipo style then I am afraid don't expect the ac compressor to last .
What about the expansion valve, is it the right one that match the compressor ? Also is the refrigerant and oil measured to reflect the manufacturer recommendation cos not using the right quantity is enough to kill the compressor.
Finally the skill set of the technician goes a long way to determine the success of the installation,is he well equipped, can he analyze manifold Guage data , does he understand the concept of pressure temperature relation of ac system ,doesn he understand basic thermodynamics concept ? Unfortunately the reality on ground vehicle owners are having problem cos of the skill level of most of our technicians , they should not allowed to touch a refrigerant talkless of refilling ac system if it were to be a sane clime cos u can't fix what u don't understand cos the basic of ac is basic understanding of thermodynamics systems
All these factors are what will contribute to longevity of any ac installation .

Is flushing the same as vacuuming the system ??

Cos I know vacuuming is done with vacuum machine…
Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by autologic: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2021
homeboy205:

Is flushing the same as vacuuming the system ??

Cos I know vacuuming is done with vacuum machine…
Vacuuming is not the same thing with flushing ?they are totally different processes ,vacuuming involves creating environmental condition that will remove moisture from the system using vaccum machine and manifold Guage while flushing is process of removing dirts and debris and it involves making of flushing kits ,flushing solvent and shop air .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by Bifakacproducts: 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
Sebytec:

The questions is, what could be responsible for the
black or grinding component
? the compressor couldn't have grinded to produce black oil just like that without a specific cause....?

Many thanks to you all

Lobocool is also a good gas and has nothing to do with the blackdeath in your system.

Change your suction and discharge rubber hoses. I don't know why people don't know this is one of the major components of ac part. Those hoses age with time and when they do the inner lining threads inside the hoses peels off and gets into your system.

This phenomenon occurs alot and damages compressors like mad, even if you buy a brand new compressor and condensers and even replace all parts without replacing those hoses the next compressor will fail again.

And one more thing, always use original ND 9 Tokyo Japan compressor oil and say goodbye to blackdeath in your system.

3 Likes

Re: Car Air Condition System Dirty - Causes by utepu: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2023
I too is having same problem right now.

I have a 2004 Toyota avensis, two weeks ago my a/c pulley got damaged that it condemned my compressor and required a change. I searched for the new compressor of my car but could not find, so i resorted to the direct foreign used ones at Ikoku PH. After the installation of the compressor, my car A/C came back to normal and i was happy.

Two days later, I noticed that my a/c was blowing cold air for 20sec and hot for 5min. i took it back to the technician who checked for leakage ,but there was none. He later discovered that the gas in the a/c system was black and concluded that the system was dirty.

So on Saturday (just this Saturday),i bought another compressor, a brand new condenser with other accessories that was used to flush the system . I was made to understand that my compressor was the automatic (sensor) compressor and was advise to change to manual compressor.
Well for me, I felt since i had changed the compressor for the second time, with a new condenser, i have nothing to fear. So it was fixed and my car cooling system came back to life. Just this morning, the cooling system stopped, a check on the gas in the system showed same dirty, black fluid mixed with the a/c gas in the system. Infact it looks as if there is a grinding wire and seals .

Am just tired ,i have spent over 140k already ,yet no head way.
Has any one had experienced this and how was it resolved?
i need solutions if available. i would welcome any solution or suggestion.

from Port Harcourt[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

“This Is My First Time Of Physically Seeing And Owning A Car That Drives Itself” / Ford Edge 2013 Model Vs Toyota Venza 2013 Model. / EOD Engine Mounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.