Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) (49148 Views)

Taxity And Uber Drivers Can Now Buy Fuel On Credit / Improve Your Driving Skills Today - Attend Nigerian Drivers Conference 2019 / 5 Annoying Things Nigerian Drivers Do With Their Car Horn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by kyber(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2022
Entering into a Commercial transport vehicle and using sit belts has become a terrible problem and a bad decision to those who use it .

The fear of getting your white or any other bright fabric material stained with the Seat belt In the vehicle while going to work or any other important occasion has caused great worry

Drivers don’t clean the seat belts of their vehicle but why?

Same thing happened to me and I was devastated

Here is another example below (picture)

Narrate your experience !!!
What do you think?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Baawaa(m): 8:20am On Feb 18, 2022
I don't fastening it on my cloth, I prefer to hold it tight not to touch my cloth grin grin grin

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by thesicilian: 8:22am On Feb 18, 2022
Lol. You can't blame them too much. The roads are bad, either very muddy and wet, or dusty at best. Wash your vehicle in the morning and before you turn out of your street, it's already super dusty inside and outside, especially if there's no A/C that can allow you to wind up your windows. The private drivers still try to maintain their cars for their own ego, but you see most of those commercial drivers, they don't even care anymore

204 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by kyber(m): 8:25am On Feb 18, 2022
Baawaa:
I don't fastening it on my cloth, I prefer to hold it tight not to touch my cloth grin grin grin

Won’t it touch?
What if u going on a long journey ?
Would you hold on to that position for long?

17 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by thesicilian: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2022
kyber:

Won’t it touch?
What if u going on a long journey ?
Would you hold on to that position for long?
You hold it when you see the law enforcement officers and release it when you've passed them.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by kyber(m): 8:27am On Feb 18, 2022
thesicilian:
Lol. You can't blame them too much. The roads are bad, either very muddy and wet, or dusty at best. Wash your vehicle in the morning and before you turn out of your street, it's already super dusty inside and outside, especially if there's no A/C that can allow you to wind up your windows.

Even at that you still have to keep your vehicle neat
Extends its life span

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Oxb90: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2022
Sorry for this ugly experience. But what were you thinking, you mean you enter a Nigerian taxi and you com dey look for a seat belt. Oga you try oh.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by kyber(m): 8:27am On Feb 18, 2022
thesicilian:

You hold it when you see the law enforcement officers and release it when you've passed them.

But would that save you in times of emergency?

15 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Abfinest007(m): 8:28am On Feb 18, 2022
They don't Kno that washing the seat belt is also important as washing other part of the car

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by DoggoneDogg: 8:28am On Feb 18, 2022
I remember my bus-hopping office days. grin

After something like this, you sneak into the office and flirt with an office assistant to help you with detergent, toothbrush, sponge, bleach, dish washing liquid, gunpowder or anything you can lay your desperate hands on to scrub it off. Next stage, will be how to dry it off quickly but standing right in front of a standing 2HP AC has proved the most effective for me because it even drycleans the scrub. cheesy

Then you spend the rest of that day feeling awkward and aware of your colleagues' stares. I usually meet any with a hard gaze angry(your papa).

The best way to avoid these is to keep a sweater in the office & wear it over your shirt for that day.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by thesicilian: 8:29am On Feb 18, 2022
kyber:

But would that save you in times of emergency?
Lol. Seat belts in Nigerian buses are not for emergencies. They're for avoiding 'police wahala'.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by kyber(m): 8:35am On Feb 18, 2022
thesicilian:

Lol. Seat belts in Nigerian buses are not for emergencies. They're for avoiding 'police wahala'.

Not only Nigerian buses are dirty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by kyber(m): 8:37am On Feb 18, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
I remember my bus-hopping office days. grin

After something like this, you sneak into the office and flirt with an office assistant to help you with detergent, toothbrush, sponge, bleach, dish washing liquid, gunpowder or anything you can lay your desperate hands on to scrub it off. Next stage, will be how to dry it off quickly but standing right in front of a standing 2HP AC has proved the most effective for me because it even drycleans the scrub. cheesy

Then you spend the rest of that day feeling awkward and aware of your colleagues' stares. I usually meet any with a hard gaze angry(your papa).

The best way to avoid these is to keep a sweater in the office & wear it over your shirt for that day.

Or wear the sweater over your dress before boarding a vehicle

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Nemesis0147(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2022
And why will you travel on white?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by 9jayes: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Nemesis0147:
And why will you travel on white?

Is it illegal to travel on white?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by eddie7: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Displaying the nation's state and identity
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Commercial drivers don't wash or clean the interior of their vehicles, this is a well-known fact.

If you live in a place like Lagos, you'd know well enough to use ur hands to restrain the seat belt from ur shirt, otherwise, the brown stain is unavoidable.

There are zero standards given to commercial operators and the law enforcement officers are always after private vehicles.
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Dankovich1: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
E be like say you come 9ja new

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Crafteck1: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
Una like to point fingers, dem use am do you? If politicians do road, whould there be so much dust flying about? Even if driver cleans it in the morning, with the state of the environment, by afternoon it would be dusty as long as you dont have ac. You wey de point fingers, if we analyse you, no be so you clean... No vex everyone, ive been angry with humanity since zoumas escapade.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Omniman(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
grin
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by dahmie2013: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
Aside from this, they don't take care of their buses.
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by TheABOMINATION: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
Don't blame him, blame car wash wey no wash his seat belt after harmattan dust dirty the seat belt.
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by vincentjk(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
Of all the fuel scarcity, hike in price of spare parts, insecurity and bad Nigerian roads

A commercial driver pulling and cleaning seatbelts for you should be his problem?

You try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Itohanmiwa: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2022
grin
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Crusadee: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2022
angry grin
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2022
Work don cast be dat!!! grin

You get mind dey wear white shirt dey board commercial motor!
Re: Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) by Nemesis0147(m): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2022
9jayes:

Is it illegal to travel on white?
not With a a public transport oh
Or you will keep experiencing the same thing the OP experienced

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? / Jubilation As Cars Drive To 4 Riverine Communities In Bayelsa For The First Time / Innoson Rolls Out Monster Trucks For Nigerian Security Agencies (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.