Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless (4061 Views)

Which Section Of Nairaland Really Made Your 2015...click To See Mine. / Every Who, Why And Where Question On Nl Is Always About Gossip / Why NL Is Becoming Boring To Some. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Beaf: 3:03am On May 12, 2011
You would expect this section to be peopled by the smartest of the smart, because thats what IT people are known to be.

There used to be some pretty enthralling topics and debates here in the past, but these days what we have is a section where 419 leads, website sales, spam etc are advertised. What has gone wrong?

There doesn't even seem to be a mod here anymore and coming here has become painful. Those of us who were willing to start threads in this section are now losing the will to live, God knows where I'll get the strength to wade through 419 and psycho adverts to return to check this thread.
Is IT in Nigeria all about yahoo deals and other unevolved monkey crap?

Examples of the trash on the front page of the so called "Programming" section:

African dishes
Join The Latest Social Site In Nigeria | Find Your Soulmate
Strictly For The ''yahoo Boys''
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Shimao(m): 12:28pm On May 12, 2011
I agree it has lost its shine. There's very little of stimulating topics.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 12, 2011
Yeah i kinda noticed.well too bad to think this section was once active
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Siony(m): 6:15pm On May 12, 2011
good talk guyz, but the q is what r we gonna do? let mod ban anyone posting out-of-the-box Topics/threads. and for those Foooools who write scam letters pretending to be females or genuine business men, get yourselve prepare because you will end up in the hands of EFCC. angry angry angry4I9 angry angry
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 12, 2011
First of all,i think we should open topics on things that will benefits us or upgrade our skills and also to guide others as to whats in demand and which technology to embrace or which idea to use.trust me its now i know there are Good Nigerian Developers.its just the people who copy and paste code that live on most of these good guys sweat.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Bijemi(m): 11:07pm On May 12, 2011
Posts like this
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-663955.0.html
should make the home page. Anyway the point is it's kind of difficult to track, follow and contribute positively to threads on NL.

My opinion sha.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by mj(m): 1:58am On May 13, 2011
True talk.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by mj(m): 2:00am On May 13, 2011
U ar all right, itz painful though, I can still remember vividly how I met DHTML through this section. Whenever I visit NL my venue is always this Section cos programming is what I love, a lot of d guys here hav rily helped me and now I'm helping others in return. But most time, no one is askin Qs here any longer, itz more or less an advertising section now, do we hav a Mod here?
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 13, 2011
Was there a time it was ever worth anything? undecided
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by netghost: 8:16pm On May 13, 2011
@BEEF, yeap i remember the debate dayz, LOL
lots of issults grin but it was worth the while

nairaland in general is dead, nothing moves me here again
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Seun(m): 2:16am On May 14, 2011
How can I help? Or is the situation hopeless?
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Fayimora(m): 3:29am On May 14, 2011
seems hopeless to me kinda. But making posts strict Seun would be a very good start. Just like the examples above, such posts should be deleted or moved and then the OP would be given a last chance after which they would be deleted. Of course its just a primary measure but thats what i do for about 5 sites i mod for.

Apart from helping people with problems, doing a site clean up is also necessary.

Good Luck
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by MrBarzini: 3:42am On May 14, 2011
Huh? Every section is phucking worthless! The computer section is an absolute wretch! The politics section is completely ridiculous, everything has to be about igbo/yoruba/tribe and its sickening, the music section is now a shadow of itself full of referrals adverts spam!. When you start feeling untouchable thats when your empire crashes. Gone to the dogs
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Seun(m): 4:32am On May 14, 2011
So what should I do?
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 7:16am On May 14, 2011
seun what you should do is get additional moderators, what Mr Barzini said is true, time was when job section was great. that went down years ago.

now politics is getting dirtier people cursing each other out. please get a strong love-vendor hand. ban people temporarily who dont know how to hold healthy conversations. and work on ur spam stuff, too many are sliping through.

also consider banning spammers for 1 week, that will stem things

the difference between cybereagels and ghanaweb is the discipline enforced my moderators. cybereagles rocks!

please get more moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by coderXO(m): 7:51am On May 14, 2011
Nigerians are very good at complaining about everything but we sit on our asses and do nothing about it.

You all bitching, start a new forum site.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Fayimora(m): 8:17am On May 14, 2011
trae_z:

seun what you should do is get additional moderators, what Mr Barzini said is true, time was when job section was great. that went down years ago.

now politics is getting dirtier people cursing each other out. please get a strong love-vendor hand. ban people temporarily who dont know how to hold healthy conversations. and work on your spam stuff, too many are sliping through.

also consider banning spammers for 1 week, that will stem things

the difference between cybereagels and ghanaweb is the discipline enforced my moderators. cybereagles rocks!

please get more moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

said that
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by kodewrita(m): 11:32pm On May 14, 2011
Spammer deleted. **Mouth cleaning in progress**
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Fayimora(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2011
looooooooooool
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Seun(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2011
The same people asking me to have a strong hand will start demonizing me when I start banning people.  It's not worth it.  If none of you is willing to volunteer to be a moderator and take the heat then Ill deal with it in my own sweet time.  Moderators don't grow on trees or train themselves.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 15, 2011
ok make me a mod of the jobs or politics section. i think i could handle that.

i don't think anyone would argue against a definite banning (1 week or more). perfectly fair as gives people time to reflect and see what they did wrong.

u owe it to yourself and your members to maintain a great forum. remember in life anything can happen; time was when myspace was invincible till facebook came up. nothing in life is permanent or guaranteed so it's our job to make the best use of our time to remain in the limelight while we can.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Fayimora(m): 12:34am On May 16, 2011
Yeah you do need some moderators. I volunteer to be one. If made global fine but mainly on this forum(Technology)
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by tpia5: 12:39am On May 16, 2011
Gosh you people are aggravating seun and wearing him out.

He doesnt usually use such strong language.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Beaf: 1:46am On May 16, 2011
Seun:

The same people asking me to have a strong hand will start demonizing me when I start banning people. It's not worth it. If none of you is willing to volunteer to be a moderator and take the heat then Ill deal with it in my own sweet time. Moderators don't grow on trees or train themselves.

You need to advertise for mods or actively headhunt, they aren't going to walk up to you out of the blue. Dude, you've baked a lovely cake, why allow it rot?

Before my spirit finally broke (resulting in this thread), I'd been clicking on the link to this section to save me from the madness in the politics section. . . Only to have to scroll through tonnes of yahoo adverts. Things are bad, I'm sure any mod would keep things sane; again, I think you should advertise for mods or actively pm those with the sort of makeup that is ideal.

. . .Lastly, seriously sack sagamite! grin grin grin
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Beaf: 1:47am On May 16, 2011
netghost:

@BEEF, yeap i remember the debate dayz, LOL
lots of issults grin but it was worth the while

nairaland in general is dead, nothing moves me here again

Lol!

Yo dude! Longest time, how you keeping?
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Eniga(m): 12:25pm On May 16, 2011
i volunteer to be a mod for the computer and IT section
My pride needs to shine again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no knowledge that is not power
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 7:14am On May 18, 2011
I volunteer to be Mod.

Qualifications
- Love programming
- Wayward thoughts due to too much programming
- Love technology
- Lots of time
- An eagerness to breed new minds,
- Naija to the marrow,
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Slyr0x: 3:51pm On May 18, 2011
Not with 91 posts bruv.

Better still, let Seun start a thread and ask people to nominate like 10 people. .and the members will be asked to VOTE.

Having like 3 moderators each in each "child boards" aint a bad idea. .
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 18, 2011
Slyr0x:

Not with 91 posts bruv.
So what number am I supposed to hit to qualify as a moderator?
Make I start to dey post sharp, sharp
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Slyr0x: 3:59pm On May 18, 2011
Abeg no spam o0. .I aint the Site Owner. .nD i have no rights as to how many posts yhu should have to become a mod.
Re: The Programming Section Of Nl Is Now Bloody Worthless by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 18, 2011
na only spam, lol,
so make we vote abi,

@Seun: abeg make we hold elections, I have all it takes to win,
[img]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50412_176842432565_5659893_n.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/note.php%3Fnote_id%3D10150188844840463%26comments%26ref%3Dmf&usg=__BW0HE6A1E9D3SyEAnEUq0cv9a4w=&h=151&w=150&sz=5&hl=en&start=66&zoom=0&tbnid=-Q_do0rnav8FtM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=95&ei=c-HTTdHJL42esQPS6YSqCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfunny%2Belection%2Bcampaign%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D574%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns0%2C1661&itbs=1&biw=1366&bih=574[/img]
play(naijaNationalAnthem)

read()
{
if (vote==me)
{
programmingSection.revive(pourAmPureWater);
spam = dead;
seun = happy;
}

else
{
system.out.print("I humble congratulate my opponent"wink;
}

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nylon / I Lent My Friend Some Money. Now She's Avoiding Me! / Photos: Nigerian Lady Shares 'after Sex' Selfie Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.