Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Christ Victory Over Satan And His Kingdom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Victory Over Satan And His Kingdom (1114 Views)

The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God / Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? / How God Brought Me Into His Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christ Victory Over Satan And His Kingdom by yommyuk: 5:55am On May 12, 2011
John 12:30-33
Then Jesus told them, “The voice was for your benefit, not mine. The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out. And when I am lifted up from this earth, I will draw everyone to myself.”

Which voice?

The voice of God! The hour has come for us to experience the victory of the Cross. This victory had began when the Light penetrated the darkness and unmasked it.

Genesis 1:1
Then God said “Let there be light, “and there was light.

God separated the light from the darkness. Keyword is “SEPARATED” . Once you believe in Christ and the salvation his death on the cross gave to mankind. You are separated from darkness and dwell in the light. Satan, the ruler of this world, is the architect of darkness, corrupter of the world, and promoter of death.  We know that his demise has already being pronounced and lies in the future, the work of Christ has unravelled Satan domain rendering him defeated and Christ is now enthroned as ruler in heaven. ----- >>> Hallelujah and Amen to that! cheesy

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey – riding on a donkey’s colt.

This above prophecy declared prior to God dwelling among us as human flesh has being fulfilled. The Pharisees saw it’s come to pass in John 12:19 : “ Then the Pharisees said to each other, “ There’s is nothing we can do. Look, everyone has gone after him.

I tell you brethren, when you choose to follow Jesus there is nothing the world can do to you.

What does a believer need to do?

John 12:35-36
Jesus replied, “My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going. Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light.

Who is that light?

Jesus Christ!

Mark 15:8-13
The crowd went to Pilate and asked him to release a prisoner as usual. “Would you like me to release to you this ‘King of the Jews’?” For he (Piliate) realised by now that the leading priests had arrested Jesus out of envy. But at this point the leading priest stirred up the crowd to demand the release of Barabbas instead of Jesus. Pilate asked them, “Then what should I do with this man you call the king of the Jews?” They (the voice of satan) shouted back, “Crucify him!”

What a great mistake! This is the core reason why some countries have discarded the death penalty. Killing an innocent person gives way to God’s righteous anger. A payback! What the enemy meant for evil turned to our good. This is where the Muslims and Judaism don’t get it. To them, the Cross is a curse. Rightly so as stated in Deuteronomy 21:23 but  the bible also gives us another side to this in Gal 3:13-14 ; Jesus Christ has rescued us from the curse of the Law. It is Jesus who took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. However God will never condemn an innocent person. Therefore our curse that Jesus took upon himself on the cross only remained a curse between the death on the cross up to the time of his resurrection. Immediately Jesus Christ rose on the third day, He overpowered death. The wages of sins are death. But Christ was brought to life. Meaning the curse of death has no more effect.

How does the ressurection become effective in the life of a believer?

The strategy applied by God was to use Jesus Christ as bait for Satan. Satan fell for it. Why?  The wrong person was crucified. An innocent man was killed.

2 Cor 5:21
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering of our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

Therefore the power that raised Christ from the dead is what a believer needs. Apostle Paul explain this concept better in Eph 1:19-23. There is incredible greatness of  God’s power for us who believe in Jesus Christ. It is this same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. It is this same power that has given Jesus superiority far above (not only above, but FAR ABOVE) any other ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else. The same power that God invested in Jesus Christ has made everything made subject to Christ making him the head over all things for the benefit of the church.

The Church?

That is where me and you come in. That same power God invested in Jesus Christ is already available for our benefit. Grab it!

Eph 1:23
And the Church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself.

I like the above. Our inclusion in the Church makes us full and complete by Christ who fills all things everywhere with himself.

CONCLUSION

John 1 5: 5-7
Yes, I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce must fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. So branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will granted.

That seals it for me. I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me.

Remain in Christ, victory is yours.
God Bless! wink

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Destroy Christian Orphanage / Bishop Oyedepo Slaps President Jonathan / Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.