Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (137531 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by TrueNigerian300: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.

Nice one.... but nothing has changed about the church except the people going to the church. The people are the ones looking for miracles up and down not the church. I do not really blame God of men who exploits the people since they can't use their brain.

Nigeria the headquarters of foolish and gullible people in the world. Look at the people that brought Christianity to Africa, see how they practise it and how Africans practise as well. Christianity is not more than 500 years in Nigeria but foolish Nigerians think they are better Christians than the Europeans who have been Christians for over a thousand years. Now look at our country and theirs.

Politicians refused to fix road instead of foolish Nigerians to fight politicians for not fixing road they rather pray to God to protect them against accident. Is this not stupidity Now you are giving the responsibility of your politicians to God.Why not ask your politicians to do the right thing before praying to God for protection? Accidents don't just happen in Europe and they do not pray as us but they do the right thing by fixing their roads.

Again, nothing has changed about the church but the people. Black people are generally very daft if not someone will not sell water to them for protection while he walks with armed security.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2021
Are the sacked 40 pastors marketers that did not meet upto their target? Business is not moving due to the pandemic.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 18, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Lately I stopped attending church because I see most of them as a business center....one certain church in pH if you no book seat online you can't gain access to the church on sunday

I sow my seed of faith in the soil, no need to go sow a seed of faith into the pockets of a conman while I go back home to shack garri.

This man can make you raise your phone up to pray for a ridiculous alert in your account when you didn't do any business dealings to expect alert

Anybody that makes you pay an advance fee while you hope to get something back is a fraudster

Seed of faith is fraudulent

GO, will not make heaven
He is a Yahoo boy

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by EdoFirstBorn(m): 11:32am On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
This can’t be real, so the church is truly a business enterprise

You just figured it out?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by NewDelhi(m): 11:32am On Jul 18, 2021
iamdapsyj:

Let me see if i can attend to your enquiry.....

What happened to most of the pastor sacked is not about monetary issues. They are basically not telling the truth and they feel pained.

I know a winners pastor in Ogun State who told me that most of these pastors don't reside in the places where they are transferred which in turn led to their inefficiency(doing their jobs accordingly).

I will give a scenario.....winners chapel will give you money to pay house rent in the place where you will pastor (according to their mandate your family should move with you to the place) but these pastors will for one reason or the other not move with their families. This results to absenteeism. They will only travel to their branches on Saturdays to prepare for Sunday service. They are required to do evangelism to create awareness about Christ and the church which they don't do as a result of not always being around. Unknown to some of these pastors, winners send some people to go do some investigations to know if these pastors are up and doing.

Secondly, they are been paid monies to get halls for their branches but some pastors will inflate the price while others even spent the money.

These pastors have so many misconducts they are not talking about but want to tarnish the image of the church.
You just said Nonsense.

Every winners branch has an accommodation. (Usually at the back of the church). It's free for the pastor and his family. He doesn't need to pay a dime, the church doesn't give you money to rent anything. Once they redeploy you, you'll vacate and the next pastor will move in with his family. That's how it is in winners. Accomodation is free.

Secondly, paid which Money to get which hall? What are you saying please? Winners does not rent. They build their stations from scratch.

You're also talking of absenteeism? You think he's the only pastor running the affairs of the station? He has lieutenants and subsidiaries. It's a full time job. Fine they can have side hustle but you just have to find time to commit yourself to the number 1 purpose that brought you to that community.

What that pastor said might be true. I was in church today ( a winners branch in a remote area where my farm is ) and the pastor was unusually absent. To make matters worse, the assistant pastor said another pastor was coming next Sunday to preach. Maybe the former one has already been replaced we don't know but definitely , it was obvious something wasn't right somewhere.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Dickson178(m): 11:32am On Jul 18, 2021
Nonsense church !!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Elxandre(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
before I comments, I want to see the reason given for their sack in their sack letter. If this sacked pastor is saying the truth, let him upload his sack letter to backup his claims if he is not being mischievous.
He read it out in the first video.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by BareFacedLies(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2021
If you're not performing then you'll be shown the way out
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2021
Churches in Africa have always been about milking money from gullible members.

this is why I don't blame people that doesn't go to church, they all have a valid reason for there decision.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by aliyuthayo(m): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2021
I don't believe it
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by tuna85: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2021
lilvicky68:
Omo.. business gats move forward na..even the fig tree that wasn't producing was cut down..

Pastors should take this as a lesson to venture into other businesses about from church so as not to be caught in a sapastic moment like this..

grin you are something else grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by richmond500: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Lately I stopped attending church because I see most of them as a business center....one certain church in pH if you no book seat online you can't gain access to the church on sunday
guy please stop saying rubbish, its house on the rock?
They do this for covid19 protocol, if u want to attend church, as they don't want growd

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by CodeTemplar: 11:38am On Jul 18, 2021
Toks2008:

I wrote here some years back of how things play out in Christ Embassy where i was a member of the HAven, a PCF segment of the churcjh.

Haven is made up of rich professionals who love to finance the gospel in the church. Anytime there is any huge project, the burden is on this group to cough out the finance.

But when i had a terrible accident in 2001 that made me totally incapacitated, there was not even one of these group members who gave me a dime pending when i get back on my feet.

Months after i was able to walk again i resumed worshipping at the church and guess what...just a month after i got back to church, we had a meeting to raise money to buy a car for the pastor of that branch at Alakija. I just shook my head and left the church for good.

I hope they have changed. Many churches are all about the money they can get from members and they don't really care about the welfare of same members or even care so much about the primary purpose of soul winning.

This is why i say salvation is a personal thing... Don't look at the churches but focus on Christ Jesus, accept him as lord and saviour and relate with him directly and not through any mortal man like yourself.
Money matter is a very complex matter. Everybody don't have same perspective about money and don't possess same level of generosity. In a situation as yours, there should be some form of help and even prayer.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by richmond500: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2021
DeHorus:
E B Things
its called house on the rock.

They are observing Covid19 protocol, so if u don't book online and take a seat, don't even think of coming to church cos they will send u back if there isn't extra seat, booking of seat is free
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Luluakim: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
May I inquire as to why it can't be true? undecided
ask him o. Is it today you have come to the realization that many churches are there to milk members?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by UncommonLogic: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2021
Pastorprenual fraudster sacked other pastorprenual fellow fraudsters for not bringing in enough religious zombies in the slave religious business.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by aribisala0(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
You sound confused
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Bezaholib: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2021
You all should go study your Bible very well. The work of the Lord is a viable business. Luke 2:49 Jesus himself said so
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Krismas(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Hello...

You not on page

No one is sending anybody to relocate. It's a Franchise. Same with redeem. You can buy it with money by just forming holy ghost for 2 month. What matters is what you are able to remit afterwards.

coolU are a successful LIAR. In this instant case, the pastor must prove his calling by the success or better still, TESTIMONIES from his branch. U can see how he was lamenting about severance package and accommodation provision. Its clear hes d one who thinks he was in a regular employment. People don’t envy pastors for salaries and stipends. But for amazing gifts they get from those who their ministrations added value to lives. I am not surprised this man was laid off. He is in the wrong profession

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Tirips(f): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2021
IVORY2009:

How can we help you pls?

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by richmond500: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2021
seyz91:
Imagine that shocked
its house on the rock.
U will book for seat due to how strict they are on covid19 protocols and doesn't want crowd, booking is totally free
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:41am On Jul 18, 2021
brian91:

Do you hear yourself, at all!!
Respecting a mortal to an immortal, supreme being sad
Jesus junior my foot cool

And for them CEO, the devil dey indirectly glamor dey laugh them eternity grin
Lol!

I don't blame you.

You should know I was speaking about my past when I wasn't even saved.

Now it's all about God.

You should see that now i place the Words of Jesus above the words of every other man including those in the Bible.

God bless.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by richmond500: 11:41am On Jul 18, 2021
Mekudi:
whats the name of the church
its house on the rock.
U will book for seat due to how strict they are on covid19 protocols and doesn't want crowd, booking is totally free
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by seglabsy(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2021
obonujoker:
Lies... I don't believe this.

I believe Oyedepo is more of winning souls rather than mundane things... don't talk anyhow do your further research on that

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by richmond500: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2021
Faithti:
am in ph...which church is dat lolz
its house on the rock.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by omokab: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
so na today you know? Especially oyedepo of winners church, he can take money inside kanji dam.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by richmond500: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
grin cool Why you no tell the pastor make he sub you?
its house on the rock.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by fredoooooo: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2021
Wetin concern me .. grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by richmond500: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2021
Angy55:

Mention the church name of the church grin
its house on the rock.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by IVORY2009(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2021
Tirips:

I have an exam tomorrow couldn't prepare over the weekend because of hunger

Pls help me eat so that I prepare for this exam

Thank you

I would have like help out, but too many scammers use this avenue here on nairaland, why did you deactivate your last handle?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by feeloscar(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2021
insidelife22:
Op change the headline to "CEO sacks 40 brancch managers for not meeting up to Expectations".
I will not remind you again!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For 2020 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.