Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Married Men In The House Please Advice Me - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men In The House Please Advice Me (71645 Views)

Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Kayvee6(m): 12:09am On Jul 22, 2021
The choice is yours bro, you are marrying the woman not her brothers, surely, you LL give to them when available and let them understand when things get as it be. Also, engage the woman on a skill, that's the best gift you would ever give her after loving her.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by sandra50(f): 12:15am On Jul 22, 2021
Since you have discussed it with your woman and she is against it then she needs to warn her brothers never to ask you for money,that they should only ask her and if she has she helps if she doesn't have they go and work like other men to make their own money.
Golden147:
Good afternoon everyone..
Please I'm kindly in need of advice... ignore my typing ERROR..
There's this girl I love and I want to settle down with her. She's still in school while I'm still in school too. She's 22 while I'm 24 nd also in final YR and we both love each other..my mum has supported me to marry her.
I proposed to her and she said yes...I plan going her house next month next to start official martial rites but I'm afraid.
Here is my reasons

She's the only girl and the last daughter in a family of 5boys. Ever since we started dating, she's in 100l then, all her school burdens are on me..I take care of her and mine own...with this people around who knows about our RELATIONSHIP ask me to marry her to avoid story that touches the heart..which he has accepted , her mum nd dad have accepted it too.
My major concern about this girl is that those his brothers are not willing to do anything, istead the came asking me for small small money when I'm back, knowing fully I'm just dating thier sis....most times the my girl always feel ashamed of her brothers nd keep cursing them. The can't even call her on phone unless she calls them...nd the will keep asking why she didn't call them all this while knowing fully thier sister is in school nd not working.

I have thought about this over and over again, how do I marry from a family that can't even assist in anything...I know marriage is not always Rosy, what if something happens tomorrow nd I needed thier financial support..the can't render to me.
I discussed with my mum nd she told me I'm marrying thier sister who is well trained nd not the brother..that I can decide not to give them money again... But I'm very sad over this.
It's only the father and mum that acknowledge I hay been trying to see their sister through school expenses, including food and wears.
I discussed with my woman, she started crying, saying she knows her brothers are such a disgrace, telling me how she may commite sucide if I didn't marry her... She cried that she can't visits her house again... that her only hope will be to start prostitution which she can't see herself do that nd that's why she is going to commite sucide if I eventually leave her, all her social media handle is full with my picture, including her profile pictures.

Please what advice do you have for me.... should I let go of this girl, I don't mind letting go all I have already spent...I just want to make sure I won't regret the marriage tomorrow...I have already discussed with my mom nd we plan on going her house officially by August ending..but I'm still very worried.

Matured advice please
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by GloShare(m): 12:17am On Jul 22, 2021
anthonyuncle:

what you mentioned above are part of what am saying.
you think you are ready but I'll advice you use some time to build yourself and your lover more.
work on your strengths and weakness.
don't rush into marriage(cause that's how it looks),
marriage will not be the end of your troubles except you start working on your troubles (effectively) now

And he should wait till when?

These issues happen in marriage, even in a hundred years.

If he marries someone else, or marries same girl in 100 years time, family issues will still surface.

The earlier he tackles it, the better for him.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Uzorp: 12:18am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

Thank you, although I didn't see the sucide as anything....our relationship is has gone beyond...as a matter of fact she and her family has turned down 3 men because of me...the mother said I can't see her through her school finish nd another guy will marry her nd she won't allow such....I think that's why she talk about sucide when I discussed with her....thank you so much.

What if the likes of Ned Nwoko or Obi Cubana comes knocking on their door asking for their daughter’s hand in marriage, what do you think the parents response would be? You better wise up and know the actual reason you want to be with this girl or give your self brain and leave her for someone with a less stressful background. Your choice
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Askng(m): 12:19am On Jul 22, 2021
Hmm!
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by donwily(m): 12:24am On Jul 22, 2021
You didn't mention how you are getting the money as a student to cater for the needs of both of you.

And to me, you don't need a woman for now.
You need to get yourself established after graduation before talking of getting married.
Marriage is full of responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by MolarT(m): 12:30am On Jul 22, 2021
Go and pay her bride price ASAP....SHE IS THE ONE FOR U...

AS FOR HER BROTHERS..NA U SABI... CARRY UR WIFE OUT OF THAT FAMILY AND FORGET ABOUT THE SIBLINGS..U CAN SUPPORT THE PARENTS ONCE ONCE... AT UR OWN WISH...

LASTLY, MAKE SURE U DON'T GO BROKE IN THE FUTURE....U KNOW WHY...

Golden147:
There's this girl I love and I want to settle down with her. She's still in school while I'm still in school too. She's 22 while I'm 24 nd also in final YR and we both love each other..my mum has supported me to marry her.
I proposed to her and she said yes...I plan going her house next month next to start official martial rites but I'm afraid.
Here is my reasons

She's the only girl and the last daughter in a family of 5boys. Ever since we started dating, she's in 100l then, all her school burdens are on me..I take care of her and mine own...with this people around who knows about our RELATIONSHIP ask me to marry her to avoid story that touches the heart..which he has accepted , her mum nd dad have accepted it too.
My major concern about this girl is that those his brothers are not willing to do anything, istead the came asking me for small small money when I'm back, knowing fully I'm just dating thier sis....most times the my girl always feel ashamed of her brothers nd keep cursing them. The can't even call her on phone unless she calls them...nd the will keep asking why she didn't call them all this while knowing fully thier sister is in school nd not working.

I have thought about this over and over again, how do I marry from a family that can't even assist in anything...I know marriage is not always Rosy, what if something happens tomorrow nd I needed thier financial support..the can't render to me.
I discussed with my mum nd she told me I'm marrying thier sister who is well trained nd not the brother..that I can decide not to give them money again... But I'm very sad over this.
It's only the father and mum that acknowledge I hay been trying to see their sister through school expenses, including food and wears.
I discussed with my woman, she started crying, saying she knows her brothers are such a disgrace, telling me how she may commite sucide if I didn't marry her... She cried that she can't visits her house again... that her only hope will be to start prostitution which she can't see herself do that nd that's why she is going to commite sucide if I eventually leave her, all her social media handle is full with my picture, including her profile pictures.

Please what advice do you have for me.... should I let go of this girl, I don't mind letting go all I have already spent...I just want to make sure I won't regret the marriage tomorrow...I have already discussed with my mom nd we plan on going her house officially by August ending..but I'm still very worried.

Matured advice please
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Lostchild(m): 12:31am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

Lol...I know this advice will eventually surface...but let me ask you.. How do you know a man who is ready for marriage, does age count too or it's because I added my age and her age??

You are not ready to take advice from mature folks and you are here seeking advice.

Do as you wish and stop disturbing people with your choice

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Olumyyde(m): 12:33am On Jul 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:

If you Account ballace is less than 1,000,100. Don't ever give any body free money above 10k.

Cus anything less than 1,000,000 in ur ACC says u are still financially poor.

Pls what if ur acc balance is less or equal to 100k, how much free money can u give?
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by litaninja(m): 12:37am On Jul 22, 2021
24 & 22. Current nigeria? Una never ready.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Yankee101: 12:43am On Jul 22, 2021
You need a grateful woman as a wife.

No matter who she becomes tomorrow she'll be grateful

If these are all the issues carry go
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by yosephus: 12:47am On Jul 22, 2021
Herrick:
Pray about it.

I really don't see anything wrong here, since you said she's a good girl, you can marry her.
Nobody will force Money out your pocket, you know?
Discipline yourself, and let your YES be YES and NO be NO. don't give out like father Christmas unless its necessary, and no dey always carry yourself as if you get money..learn how to form broke sometimes.

When you are confused on matter, abeg take am to God, he will surely reveal.

Wisdom!
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Danny5050: 12:49am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please

Face ur studies and still marry her forget her siblings...
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Okoyouth: 12:51am On Jul 22, 2021
Don't lose that woman because you never know one that you are going to get if you leave this one.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by linearity: 12:52am On Jul 22, 2021
Your problem is, you don’t know how to say NO!

Her brothers maybe demanding and selfish, at least they didn’t force anything out of you.

Stop giving them stuff, ignore them….every family have a brother, uncle, niece or aunt that disgraces the entire family, don’t allow her brother’s laziness blind you to the goodness that you wrote about her.

As you can see, she is equally ashamed of her own brothers, but she can’t change the fact that they are her brothers…..you also have someone on your family side of the tree that you are ashamed of….should she judge & reject you because of them?
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by linearity: 12:56am On Jul 22, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:
When u are gifting within ur affordable means be happy

For the brothers.. stop giving them money... If they wants to change actitude let them change

Focus on ur girl and how to make life better.. and best for you guys..

When u have made it... Then you can assist the family.. by helping the boys then... That is if they have not live up by then

If you Account ballace is less than 1,000,100. Don't ever give any body free money above 10k.

Cus anything less than 1,000,000 in ur ACC says u are still financially poor
.learn to save ur self first ..before saving others..

Thanks

Bros you smoke something?

if you give someone 10k from an account balance of 1,000,100…the remaining change will be less than 1,000,000….
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by BePrepared: 1:03am On Jul 22, 2021
Reason I would advise u to marry her is to avoid all these fornication flying around
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

Though I didn't add nobody should advice me to to hustle.... Even as a student, I have a stable income bro...

Your income come stable pass your sense obviously
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Mattonimo: 1:07am On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=Golden147 post=103834970] Good afternoon everyone..
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please[/quote

Your mum has said it .You are not marrying her brothers.
Her parents appreciate your efforts.
Why will you be thinking if something bad to yourself that you may need their financial support in the future? Even though they have that does not mean they will assist eventually. Let me tell an ingrate is an ingrate .
Those brothers kept coming to you because you find it difficult to say no , they will still be coming to you due to their sense of entitlement,
You are the one carrying unnecessary burden upon yourself .You are not their parent , If you know your woman is a good woman, no regrets.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by 2023NaijaVoter: 1:10am On Jul 22, 2021
mr. op, pls don't marry into a dependent family of beggars and underachievers.

knack her until she locates a richer simp and dumps you.

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by EnlightenedUFO: 1:12am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please

Take up the phone, or call a meeting and talk to the brothers face to face. Do it with the utmost respect. They are humans and not spirits. Fear no one. Life is full of adventures, don't disturb your heart with your finances brothers issues.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by SILVERLINES: 1:13am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please
at 24 you may be still too young for marriage, but if you still chose to continue with the marriage you already proposed I will advise you follow your mother instructions.
Once you marry the said lady cut tides with the brothers and set some standards between you and the ur proposed wife family. Ignore some of their demands and never let go of your lady
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by daclemx: 1:13am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please

As a married man, let me advice you that marriage isn't a child's play. I know age doesnt matter, but can you take the financial, psychological and emotional challenges that comes with it? I can see that you're marrying because you're afraid that she might runaway, giving that you have spent a lot on her. LOL. Bro, that shouldn't be your basis for marriage. Your basis should be your pocket. Are you financially bouyant? Our economy isn't smiling oh.

If you were eating only beans for a week, note that the moment you get married, that would change. Your wife may even not want to eat the soup she cooked yesterday. Lol, funny but true.

As for her brothers, that's not your cup of tea and that shouldnt stop you from marrying, if you meet other critical conditions. If you decide not to give the brothers a penny, heaven won't fall.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by einsteine(m): 1:32am On Jul 22, 2021
Must you marry?

This is 2021. Na mumu dey marry.

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Navalsadiq(m): 1:39am On Jul 22, 2021
Liballo:
You are not Emotionality, Psychologically and Financially ready for marriage.
Do you think marriage is a child's play ?
And, to the issue of her siblings always demanding is a Red flag....... You can always choose to ignore it. But don't come here to disturb us about how your Wife's siblings are trying to run you dry. Like a thread a man made sometimes ago complaining about how his Wife's relatives eat like gluttons.
his message really got to you that's why your giving him all this negative vibes.my friend don't pay attention to her.iff you love her marry her and then you guys can build a home together.Every great achievement you see today has a humble beginning
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Turboursead(m): 1:42am On Jul 22, 2021
Be very fast with the marriage issue and move away from the brother vicinity
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by oyejideogunjumo: 1:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please
You and the girl will live together for life and that is most important.
The issue of the brothers is secondary.
They too will marry and face their lives so whatever they are doing now is temporal.
Face your wife and get married to her.
Wishing you the best
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by dingbang(m): 2:01am On Jul 22, 2021
The op sef is even stubborn. He should get out. If you like marry her, if you like, no marry, you see that prostitution wey she don threaten you say she go do, she go still do am las las.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Strongmighty: 2:04am On Jul 22, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / Nigerian Woman Disfigured By Her Husband, Says She Still Loves Him. Photo / Baby Trying To Feed Himself Uses Noodle To Design His Body, Video Gets 29m Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.