Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen (1702 Views)

How To Check If The Catalyst Of That Vehicle Is Intact Or Not / My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by gabolak(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
Good day to you all, please I need expertise advice on how to resolve this problem.

We gave our car to a panel beater to help us fix the side mirror that was damaged by an okada rider.

After he returned the car to us, we observed that the fuel consumption of the car has increased greatly.

We took the car to our mechanic and it was discovered that the catalyst in exhaust system has been removed. The guy even showed us the mark of where it was opened and sealed back.

The rate at which the car is consuming is alarming. We can't afford to continue to be buying fuel and be wasting in like that

Please what can someone do to remedy the situation?

Thanks
Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by TPound(m): 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
gabolak:
Good day to you all, please I need expertise advice on how to resolve this problem.

We gave our car to a panel beater to help us fix the side mirror that was damaged by an okada rider.

After he returned the car to us, we observed that the fuel consumption of the car has increased greatly.

First of all...
Arrest the panel

We took the car to our mechanic and it was discovered that the catalyst in exhaust system has been removed. The guy even showed us the mark of where it was opened and sealed back.

The rate at which the car is consuming is alarming. We can't afford to continue to be buying fuel and be wasting in like that

Thanks
Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by santakris(m): 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
Buy another cat. No shortcut to it
Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by Onlykwaffy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
Get the Panel beater arrested Dealt with

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by gabolak(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
Onlykwaffy:
Get the Panel beater arrested Dealt with

I have confronted him in the presence of the people that can help me talk to him, but he didn't bulge.

He denied it
Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by Cokahot: 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
It seems like u are ot the mad type. If it were to be me,the first thing I would do is to give the panel beater 5 goof slaps first,then I will drink table water to calm down,then he will explain explain me how come he knew exactly where it was cut out at. Go find soldier,tidy am 10k make he come with him boys. No go police o,abeg tell the soldier he should not beat him o,but make he give am better punishment. Like pick pin for 1 hour,do 100 pressure,90 frog jumps, your catalyst go come out. Infact no collect am again,just tell am to buy brand new one replacement.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by cokerayodele9(m): 2:43am On Jul 19, 2021
Simple,you replace them with refilled ones. And change its oxygen sensors if damage too. Call for further talk 0-9-0-1-9-1-2-4-3-1-2

Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by badoh(m): 6:57am On Jul 20, 2021
How are you sure he's the one that removed the catalyst? The catalyst could have been removed even before taking the car to him. Just my opinion. However, if you're really sure he stole the catalyst, then he must produce it.
Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by ceasare: 10:41am On Jul 21, 2021
gabolak:

Thanks

never leave your car with d mechanic to fix anything if you dont hv the time to stay with them till they finish.....thats what i do and it has saved me a lot of headache.if am not available i do rather pack d car at home and use public transport till am available to be on ground for the fix

7 Likes

Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by gabolak(m): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
ceasare:

never leave your car with d mechanic to fix anything if you dont hv the time to stay with them till they finish.....thats what i do and it has saved me a lot of headache.if am not available i do rather pack d car at home and use public transport till am available to be on ground for the fix

I have learnt my lesson the hard way.
Re: Please Help, The Catalyst In My Exhaust System Has Been Stolen by femtopyy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
I don't think the absence of the catalysts converter is the reason your car is consuming petrol. Mine as been stolen too and the consumption is still negligible

(1) (Reply)

I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. / Is Car Available With Budget Of 500k / What Is The Process Of Getting Genuine Police Permit For Tinted Glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.